Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Which zones among these have the best storyline/quests ?

vpy
vpy
✭✭✭✭
These are the only zones which I have not quested or experienced the content on my NB.
Which zone among these have the best zone questline ?
Edited by vpy on September 15, 2017 4:40AM

Which zones among these have the best storyline/quests ? 56 votes

Al Akir Desert
8%
RizlerArundoMerkabehstrebor2095Apache_Kid 5 votes
Bangkorai
3%
Tavore1138Glaiceana 2 votes
Eastmarch
3%
SkayaqSkogsalf 2 votes
The Rift
7%
StannumPurpleDrankHvzedaZbigb4life 4 votes
Shadowfen
8%
LonePirateShaibaTasearTommy_The_GunGlockcoma725 5 votes
Coldharbour
17%
SirAndyElloaKhenarthiEirellaWabuZerokOrjixcrjs1SlackPanWriter 10 votes
Craglorn
23%
Caligamy_ESOanitajoneb17_ESOfeyiiKanarAetherderiusApheriusMcgelie1LadyNalcaryaKram8ionjlboozerSaturnanaABelle99Kurkikohtaus 13 votes
Gold Coast
12%
TurelusSoupDragonFlameheartTheShadowScoutNighn_9Krainor1974FakeFox 7 votes
Hews Bane
14%
Rajajshkatheher0notthawksBloodtrufflegabriebeSparklyRookvictoriana-blueStorymaster 8 votes
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question asks which zones among the list, plural, But only one zone can be voted on.
  • Merkabeh
    Merkabeh
    ✭✭✭
    Al Akir Desert
    I love Al Akir desert. Great quests. Love the landscape and environment.
    Crusader of The Knights of the Alessian Order

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" - Sallington

#CommunicationEquality
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
  • Merkabeh
    Merkabeh
    ✭✭✭
    Al Akir Desert
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Rivenspire

My second favorite!
    Crusader of The Knights of the Alessian Order

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" - Sallington

#CommunicationEquality
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold Coast
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Rivenspire

This.

When we evaluate the general impression (visuals, immersion, general atmosphere of the zone) there are still Wrothgar and the Gold Coast pretty high in my ranking. I do like Coldharbour too.

Edited by Flameheart on September 15, 2017 10:48AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold Coast
    Gold Coast especially for a Nightblade, time to use all those sneak skills and bonuses to get your murder on!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bangkorai
    Bangkorai quests were great for werewolf centered ones. Even has one of the few times where the game recognises you as a werewolf.
    But most zones have some great quest lines anyway :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Coldharbour
    I'd say WROTHGAR, then Morrowind.... but among those you have proposed I choose Coldharbour. I found Coldharbour surprisingly thrilling and emotional.
  • PurpleDrank
    PurpleDrank
    ✭✭✭
    The Rift
    To be honest, its hard to pick a "best". I loved most of the quests and story line. It would be easier for me to pick the worst (*cough* Greenshade and Malabar Tor *cough*)
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold Coast
    I would say, among those, for a Nightblade... obviously the Dark Brotherhood questline around the Gold Coast! Do it all, assassinate the big boss... and then... enjoy the most epic sidequest of all, the hunt for the sweetroll killer! ;)

Of the rest here...

Dealing with dominion hatchling-killers in Shadowfen is a decent questline, as is saving the skald king from assassins and insurrection in Eastmarch (some of the quests there make you feel all cloak-and-dagger counter-espionage agent nightbladeish!), and dealing with reachmen and worm cultists (and the ghost giant they let loose) in the Rift is also all right.

Necromancer hunting in Alik'r is neat, fighting first the reachmen and then imperials in Bangkorai is okay... the ending there seems a little out of the blue (where exactly did general tharn get her info? And how come high king emric is such a doofus as to personally run into practically -the most obvious- trap imaginable with no precautions at all?), but... eh.

Coldharbour of course is nifty, first reassembling your scattered forces, then assaulting molag bal in his home... messing up his planemelding plans, and after that finally getting the big showdown and completing the mainstory...

Craglorn... has a decent questline, though some of the side questlines are still groupy. Which makes it somewhat unrewarding if you play through the solo-ized content, but cannot finish the rest due to lack of friends...

An the thieves guild at Hew's bane is very nice, through a bit "deja vue" with the dark brotherhood questline... whichever you do first, the other will feel a bit too much like it in some details.

And while we're talking storyline... other then those mentioned... I definitely enjoyed the Morrowind questline in Vvardenfell most (especially for the plot twist once you think you have it all figured out and fixed, when suddenly some things are not as they appear and the whole matter goes to the dogs... dog... well, you know... ;) Especially since you then may realize you saw the main culprit in the background right at the start, but didn't pay enough attention to realize what was going on - how could you have, after all...), closely followed by the Orsinium plot in Wrothgar (which was was more predictable, but still quite epic!).
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hews Bane
    I am torn between Shadowfen and Hew's bane.

Shadowfen had pretty dark story (without spoiling I can't say more). It is one of the more memorable zones in the game and IMHO the second best base game zone.

I really loved the TG quest line too. My one complaint with it is that
    I am unable to kill Walk-Softly's old "friend"
    Edited by theher0not on September 15, 2017 2:28PM
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn
    Coldharbor and craglorn
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hews Bane
    Hew's Bane and The Gold Coast. Hands down.

I could only vote for one, so I chose Hew's Bane.

The Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are excellent content from both a story perspective and an Elder Scrolls gaming perspective. To make matters better, the content shares a synergy as the counterfeit pardon edicts from Thieves Guild give adventurers a great advantage in Dark Brotherhood, and the Hand of Woe assassination ability from Dark Brotherhood enhances the hero's tactical prowess during the stealth aspects of Thieves Guild content.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Shadowfen
    Deshaan. Two words; Zombie Apocalypse

Edit: I'm tired. I thought this was a poll on our favorite zones. Sorry
    Edited by Glockcoma725 on September 15, 2017 3:34PM
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Hews Bane
    Hew's bane & reaper's march are some of my favorites
    Edited by Rajajshka on September 15, 2017 3:00PM
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold Coast
    Do Gold Coast and Hew's Bane for Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild Quests. Their really fun, plus there are some pretty cool passives from them. Then I would say Craglorn, but you should bring along a friend to enjoy it's quests.
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    VVardenfell