The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can you name this animation?

Savos_Saren
Savos_Saren
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I keep seeing an animation where low health enemies will instantly combust into WHITE FLAMES and make an eerie, screeching sound. It's not the implosion (lightning) or combustion (yellow flames) proc, either. It usually happens when Valkyn or Shooting Star completely decimates an NPC. I've been playing this game for three years and I haven't been able to figure it out. Also, I'm not using Soul Trap on the enemies and it doesn't fill a soul gem when they explode into the white firey flames.

Edit: Now that I'm constantly trying to see it proc- I've noticed that it seems to exclusively come from Valkyn or Shooting Star. It's somehow linked to those two comets only.
Edited by Savos_Saren on September 23, 2017 9:10PM
Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
Savos Saren

Best Answer

• AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure it's just a vaporisation death effect. The screams I'd imagine are the sounds of the victim's soul being sent to Oblivion.

On the occasions I've encountered this the victim's body usually turns into a pile of ash.
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
    Answer ✓
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like possibly the phoenix set? Here's a video so you can check it out and see for yourself if it's what you're talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g712VXupArM
    Edited by Kihamai on September 23, 2017 8:48PM
    pc na | trash tier
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soul Shatter . First passive of Soul Magic tree .
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    Heinz Holger
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's not the Phoenix Set. I'm not wearing it- nor am I close to death. The white/blue explosion happens to the enemy. Not me. It's not Soul Shatter, either- for the same reasons as Phoenix.

This animation happens when Valkyn or Shooting Star seems to obliterate low health enemies. And while it's a "firey" explosion- the animation is completely different from the normal yellow-fire explosion of "Combustion".

Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it's white-blue, it's what happens when you kill your target with a lightning damage proc. This can be implosion, or a lightning glyph, reliably. They each look and sound slightly different. Other shock skills are iffy.

Torugs/infused users can proc this death animation almost on demand, as well as the other enchantment death animations.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on September 23, 2017 9:56PM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it's white-blue, it's what happens when you kill your target with a lightning damage proc. This can be implosion, or a lightning glyph, reliably. They each look and sound slightly different. Other shock skills are iffy.

Torugs/infused users can proc this death animation almost on demand, as well as the other enchantment death animations.

Nope. There's no lightning animation, lightning glyph, or ability (force pulse) that I'm using with lightning.

This animation seems to exclusively happen after Valkyn or Shooting Star procs. It's a white/blue firey explosion with some sort of faint screeching sound.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can you solve this mystery?

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's same sound and effect which you see when you kill daedra at Dark Anchors :) No idea if it has name, but I love it.

In addition to death from Skoria set proc and Meteor, death from Soul Assault has same sound and blue fire effect.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a couple of screenshots. As you see- it's not the yellow flame from firey combustion. It's like a white/blue daedric flame. Valkyn had just put the killing blow on this poor NPC:

KYzQkc8.png

MpGNGvL.png

VYylg3v.png

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soul assault does the same
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is death by daedric fire- dark magic. It's actually just a re-imagining of fire damage for certain thematic abilities. As others have said, it procs off soul assault, meteor, and skoria (that I know of). Essentially the same as the burning, electrocution, freezing or poison "deaths", but for these abilities :)
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I can name that animation and the name shall be Steve.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enemies from events that self immolate, like Dolmen or rifts, will do that.
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Yes I can name that animation and the name shall be Steve.

Good name for it :smiley:
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    jaburns wrote: »
    Heinz Holger

you named it well :)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a unique effect that I've noticed plays from certain abilities. The theme tend to be blue flame/daedric-related. Meteor and Soul Assault are examples of skills that cause it.