The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

EP, what happened to you?

• Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have come to conclusion PvP is like a big playground where kids come and go. Some say hello others just ignore you. When they see a new slide that everyone wants go, they act like mindless zergers. Nothing else matters at that point.Take it as it is. A little bit disappointing at times but still you have to go back there to get that daily adrenaline boost.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • 0utLaw
    0utLaw
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been an EP player and i never wanted to be anything else, but lately i've been so fed up with this faction that i'm not sure if i can continue playing on your side.

The amount of support i get from you is almost 0. Granted, i'm a solo player, so you might not see me as a team mate that needs support, but if i stand at a breach and hold 20 enemies in place and keep them distracted, is it too much ask for to get some siege support, some AOEs, ultimates, or at least a heal from you?

I can't even begin to express how frustrating it is to watch you guys throw resto light attacks into the zergs, while i'm struggling to stay alive with 20 people beating on me. Or how insulting it is to have 20 EP run over my dead body with no one rezzing me, while i rez every single person i see, then afterwards healing you and making sure you don't get ganked again.

Why do i even care anymore?

So, does AD or DC need my skills? I'm open for your offers.

Thanks for reading.

TRAITOR!!!
    Behead him! }:[
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always been an EP player and i never wanted to be anything else, but lately i've been so fed up with this faction that i'm not sure if i can continue playing on your side.

The amount of support i get from you is almost 0. Granted, i'm a solo player, so you might not see me as a team mate that needs support, but if i stand at a breach and hold 20 enemies in place and keep them distracted, is it too much ask for to get some siege support, some AOEs, ultimates, or at least a heal from you?

I can't even begin to express how frustrating it is to watch you guys throw resto light attacks into the zergs, while i'm struggling to stay alive with 20 people beating on me. Or how insulting it is to have 20 EP run over my dead body with no one rezzing me, while i rez every single person i see, then afterwards healing you and making sure you don't get ganked again.

Why do i even care anymore?

So, does AD or DC need my skills? I'm open for your offers.

Thanks for reading.

It's not the faction. It's human beings.

I'm sorry though. Fwiw I'm EP and I always stop to rez.
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally I am not grouped while I pvp, just run around with other people or help take/defend keeps but I always try to rez people whether they choose to accept it is all up to them.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a guy who probably wants to help his faction but doesn't want to to deal with the group lag. He supports the objectives being pushed by being there, and helps as best he can. It sounds to me that he could be a real asset amongst the AD small man groups who want to contribute to the campaign in there own way. Absolutely nothing wrong with what he is doing or asking. AD has lots of players like this and those players contribute in the same way and those players get faction support from other AD groups. I can tell you Dominion Knights support the faction as does many many other guilds and groups in AD. We are all autonomous groups, we communicate with each other, we support each other. This is a fight for all of AD, every soul, in every corner of the map. Don't let EP ignore you, Don't look to DC to bind your wounds and give you vitals, come to the south, we have fast horses, slow women, and tasty lemonade and cookies, and long cool evenings with elfs massaging your backside. All this could be yours if you just swim across the river, It's just sitting there waiting for you.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soloers are often the most faction friendly people out there.

And don't jump on my arse with your own definitions of 'solo'. I'm using the simple definition of not-grouped = solo.

I mean they have the freedom to stop and rezz someone, to help in small combats, to repair, siege etc. Where they see it needed.

Groups, however are often 'stay on the crown or you're out'. Its rare the crown stops to rezz a single dead-guy, knowing everyone will be waiting for him, so the whole group often runs on past, following the leader.

Despite that soler gas probably rezzed half those group-members several times that day, supported them with Intel in /zone, additional firepower/tanking where needed etc. But its just how it is..

In fact I'm gonna use this thread to give a shout out to all these sole zerg-surfers, who do those thankless tasks of rezzing, repairing, being quick responders, keeping resources/supply lines clear, scouting empty keeps they think may get attacked, and just plain old supporting the groups..

So let's have a bit of recognition for them, instead of the usual 'zerg-surfing scum' kind of comments we always see on these forums.
    Edited by Biro123 on September 23, 2017 12:45PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello! I'm probably one of those EP running over your dead body. Quite possibly, I'm also one of those EP throwing light resto attacks into the mob you're fighting. Why would I do such a terrible thing and leave you to fight all on your lonesome?

Its because I run in an organized raid and you aren't in my group. In an organized raid, my job is to heal, support, and buff my group. My priority is to be with my crown and prepared to follow the calls of my raid lead. My heals, my buffs, my ultimate? Those goes to my raid group when my raid lead calls for them. If you happen to get them, that's just a bonus. You can be the best solo player in the game, but you aren't in my group. Therefore, the only way you get support from me is if my raid lead tells me to or if what you are doing happens to match up with what we plan to do.

If I ran over your dead body, its nothing personal. My raid lead didn't call for us to rez random players in the faction. Heck, if you're in my raid and I didn't rez you, its nothing personal. Wait for the raid lead to call for rezzes, and then I'll gladly rez you. If I didn't heal you, its because I'm saving magicka for when my raid lead charges into the fight and I need to heal my group members. If I stood on the wall and light attacked into the mob with my resto staff, its because light attacking the mob is what my raid lead called for and I'm a healer. Resto staff is what I have.

My point is that's its really easy to look around at a mass of players with red shields that aren't in your group and think of them as disorganized and clueless. I do it too! It takes a conscious effort in the heat of battle to remind myself that those red shield players with the same name on their tabards are probably an organized group who have their own plan and who aren't necessarily following our raid's plan even though our raid's plan is obviously the correct one. Obviously. (Sarcasm, btw) Doesn't every raid, every group, every player think that their plan is obviously the correct one?

So from the perspective of a healer in an organized raid, If you aren't getting the support you want in terms of siege, heals, and ultimates, you should join my group (or any organized raid group). You'll get them! Well, actually, the raid leads will get us where we need to be in order to do all that most effectively for our battle plan. That's the thing with a group. You exchange the chance to show off with your solo build for the support of a group that allows each individual to accomplish more than they could alone.

But I definitely get the impression that you like playing solo and not in a group, which is great! More power to you! The faction needs effective solo players too. However, just realize that from my perspective as a raid healer, you are just another red shield on my screen. You aren't in my group. If you aren't in my group, you aren't getting heals, siege, rezzes, or ultimates from me unless you happen to be where/when my raid lead called for it. If my raid lead calls for it, you've got it. That's part of running with an organized raid. Its nothing personal.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Every faction gets a case of the stupids and pew pews from the walls instead of fighting, but EP has reached epic levels of not defending anything lately. At one point tonight I called out a siege early and the response I got was, "oh so they aren't at the last keep they took? Let's go there instead!" /facepalm
    Yeah, it's the otick paradigm. The same thing happens to AD. There will be 5 of us at Roe desperately trying to slow down 30+ DC while 30+ AD choose to pvdoor BRK instead. What's worse is that taking back home keeps is also usually pvdoor.
    AD keeps saying they need more players. Want a sorc that sucks every lfg on the map into a resource farm circuit while EP loses gate keeps and scrolls? I mean, he's practically playing on AD and DC's side as it is. Will sell cheap.
    That would doom us for sure.

I see what you did there.

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether it's a CP 30 recruit of a Grand Overlord, I pretty much always stop to rez.

It's players like the OP that make it possible to have an AvAvA and I wish ESO had a lot more people like them.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in same boat, more or less. But Rohamad_Ali, is right. Go to a faction that actually cares. You are worth something. As well, everyone is worth something. Everyone should be treated as an equal.

No one should, never be ignored. A faction will always fall apart, if we don't work together. Just like you, same thing happened. Except,I was AD before I moved to EP and haven't changed back To AD.

After I went back to Vivec PS4 eu, on 3Rd day of 3Rd Vivec Campaign. But do what your heart tells you, rather right or wrong. But I will tell you this, it's going to feel very awkward once you move. As well as start feeling ashamed for leaving.

The alliance, you been on the longest. You will regret, you will start thinking everything about your past alliance. I'm going through all this currently.

It's going take a very long time, to move forward. I understand if, it was for balance purposes. Then later on, you can go back to your old alliance. After helping the hurting alliance.

But this seems, not the case with you. So tell me is it really worth it, to leave a alliance. You been on long time, even if no one is hurting.

It’s hard to say, I'm not you. You have to choose, but seeking advice. Is indeed, very helpful. As for me, I tried my best to get accepted. For 1+yrs, starting in 2ND Scourge. I just gave up, in Vivec, 3Rd day of 3Rd campaign.

It’s when I moved to EP. I haven't went back AD since, but like I say. I do regret for leaving AD, each and every day. I think about the alliance that I left. It still bothers me, as well as can't help but wonder. What could I done, to make things better.

But you need to ask yourself. Is it worth, to make the switch and got to different alliance? Even after you have done for your alliance? It’s you who have to decide for your self.

You are you, you know what's best. But I like you seek guidance. I don't think it helps, of what I written. But, like I say also. Do what you feels best. I wish you well and wish you best of luck.

Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Soloers are often the most faction friendly people out there.

And don't jump on my arse with your own definitions of 'solo'. I'm using the simple definition of not-grouped = solo.

I mean they have the freedom to stop and rezz someone, to help in small combats, to repair, siege etc. Where they see it needed.

Groups, however are often 'stay on the crown or you're out'. Its rare the crown stops to rezz a single dead-guy, knowing everyone will be waiting for him, so the whole group often runs on past, following the leader.

Despite that soler gas probably rezzed half those group-members several times that day, supported them with Intel in /zone, additional firepower/tanking where needed etc. But its just how it is..

In fact I'm gonna use this thread to give a shout out to all these sole zerg-surfers, who do those thankless tasks of rezzing, repairing, being quick responders, keeping resources/supply lines clear, scouting empty keeps they think may get attacked, and just plain old supporting the groups..

So let's have a bit of recognition for them, instead of the usual 'zerg-surfing scum' kind of comments we always see on these forums.

nicely done @Biro123 - we truly are the heroes of cyrodiil :)

at times we're also the only hope for another solo player to get rezzed or supported in a fight...

@MADshadowman_ ...although it can be a little tough to text and fight at the same time - you could try yelling simple instructions to your fellow allies...

sometimes folks just need a little nudge in the right direction...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    UNLESS the raid lead says that we're moving together out of an area like for repositioning or to try to string out the enemy blob I usually rez randoms even while in a raid. It really doesn't hurt
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭
    same for ad and dc
  • Grumpsorc
    Grumpsorc
    Soul Shriven
    Tamerlin approves this
  • MADshadowman_
    MADshadowman_
    ✭✭✭
    i love Tammy ♥
  • MADshadowman_
    MADshadowman_
    ✭✭✭
    [Snip]

i'm glad to see you do something that benefits us all.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on September 26, 2017 8:27PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I have learned from this thread is that unless you solo siege or defend a keep/outpost/resource/IC district, you're a zergling.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    The only thing I have learned from this thread is that unless you solo siege or defend a keep/outpost/resource/IC district, you're a zergling.

And when people learn that being a zergling isn't a bad thing, they become truly enlightened!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • MADshadowman_
    MADshadowman_
    ✭✭✭
    I've learned that people try to cram their ego into every discussion.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solo players can be a helpful bunch when they put their minds to it.
    dtX4Eahr.jpg
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • GrimJaw
    GrimJaw
    ✭✭✭
    Everytime after a battle at Ales farm and I search the bodies of the dead EP, I always find baggies of cocaine in their pockets. Why?

LOL. Check the hollowed out staves too. You'll probably find some Meth.

Sorry mad, EP has a tendency be selfish. I am playing more and will slowly but surely unite the faction...again. With the help of likeminded people.
  • MADshadowman_
    MADshadowman_
    ✭✭✭
    GrimJaw wrote: »
    Everytime after a battle at Ales farm and I search the bodies of the dead EP, I always find baggies of cocaine in their pockets. Why?

LOL. Check the hollowed out staves too. You'll probably find some Meth.

Sorry mad, EP has a tendency be selfish. I am playing more and will slowly but surely unite the faction...again. With the help of likeminded people.

The only Meth you'll find, is @Methuselah
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    dtX4Eahr.jpg

Wonders if that was the same evening there were about 12 EP forward camps around Sej
  • MADshadowman_
    MADshadowman_
    ✭✭✭
    dtX4Eahr.jpg

Wonders if that was the same evening there were about 12 EP forward camps around Sej

Weird. Everytime i need one, no one put one down, or they're all outside of my range
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is not just EP you know, I've been PvPing in this game for over two years and it keeps getting better for the numbers game and not for the lone wolf.
    Playing solo now is just very frustrating, game has turned into numbers over skill lately.
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are really arguing what solo means as if it isn’t a broad term. It can simply mean ugrouped or not in a premade lol as if there’s no such thing as a solo queue in a plethora of games which then puts you in a group , wow amazing.
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    never seen you by yourself a single time, doesn't get more constructive in a conversation than pointing out someone is completely wrong man, sorry you feel slighted, but truth hurts.

I don't encounter the OP often enough to judge, but I know there are opposition small groups who feel the same about me because they're not present when I'm doing other things.

Your amazingly priced Redguard furniture in ETU more than makes up for any possible zerg surfing ♥️
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtX4Eahr.jpg

Weird. Everytime i need one, no one put one down, or they're all outside of my range

It must have been a joke. The number of camps exceeded the actual number of people that play EP in Vivec that will put one down. B)
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihilos wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »
    never seen you by yourself a single time, doesn't get more constructive in a conversation than pointing out someone is completely wrong man, sorry you feel slighted, but truth hurts.

I don't encounter the OP often enough to judge, but I know there are opposition small groups who feel the same about me because they're not present when I'm doing other things.

Your amazingly priced Redguard furniture in ETU more than makes up for any possible zerg surfing ♥️

Sometimes I'll gank or zerg down someone I recognize as a customer and think, "I hope he still buys my pillows...."

An AD selling DC styled furniture to EP players. This is getting complicated....

Edited by zyk on September 26, 2017 12:34AM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of my experience on EP in PVP is in Kyne (or the old BWB) and they have always been dysfunctional. More fighting in chat than on the ground and nothing but smaller groups mostly doing their own thing.

Then you get long term Kyne players (I'll call them permanent residents) complaining about scrub noobs causing us to lose keeps, or lose emp, etc. - which I don't understand. It is the non vet campaign and is where you'd expect new people will be playing.

I don't know whether AD or DC are the same or better, just like I don't really know what EP are like in the other campaigns. I only really use PVP when leveling up PVP skill lines on newer characters and my experiences have not encouraged me to spend much time in vet PVP.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.