The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

EP, what happened to you?

MADshadowman_
MADshadowman_
✭✭✭
I've always been an EP player and i never wanted to be anything else, but lately i've been so fed up with this faction that i'm not sure if i can continue playing on your side.

The amount of support i get from you is almost 0. Granted, i'm a solo player, so you might not see me as a team mate that needs support, but if i stand at a breach and hold 20 enemies in place and keep them distracted, is it too much ask for to get some siege support, some AOEs, ultimates, or at least a heal from you?

I can't even begin to express how frustrating it is to watch you guys throw resto light attacks into the zergs, while i'm struggling to stay alive with 20 people beating on me. Or how insulting it is to have 20 EP run over my dead body with no one rezzing me, while i rez every single person i see, then afterwards healing you and making sure you don't get ganked again.

Why do i even care anymore?

So, does AD or DC need my skills? I'm open for your offers.

Thanks for reading.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel you man. .I've jumped down to fight those seiging and can hold my own if they are disorganized pugs and yet everyone would rather stay above and use their seige...and their snipes, and resto heavies. I try not to bother anymore unless I see others jump down and I will gladly go and help them. Oh and nbs who watch me "1 v x" and not help even though they are practically cloaking right behind me.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What kind of solo player complains about not getting supported by their faction? If you are complaining about that you are not actually playing solo. You are zerg surfing on top of your faction.
    - Mojican
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But... which group of EP? There are six of them...
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    What kind of solo player complains about not getting supported by their faction? If you are complaining about that you are not actually playing solo. You are zerg surfing on top of your faction.

Stop making sense . This man has been left behind and is in need of moral boost . This is no time to point out obvious mistakes . Give him a healing potion and let him rest under the trees with minstrels and Bards in Greenshade until he is ready to fight for the Dominion . The faction that cares .
  • MADshadowman_
    MADshadowman_
    ✭✭✭

First of all, get your facts straight, then we can have a conversation.

But i will gladly teach you what playing solo means. It means, you're not in a group and are not communicating with your faction to organize any actions. You guys all like to use the term zerg surfing, because you think you can insult someone that way and feel better about yourself. That doesn't make you look any cooler tho.

If you know about any viable ways to play without zergs, be it an enemy one or one of my own faction, let me know. I will gladly try that. Until then please try to be unconstructive somewhere else.

Thank you.
  • MADshadowman_
    MADshadowman_
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I guess all of them.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    solo? I haven't really seen you 'solo' anything. zerg surfing I guess is a solo activity? Or jump into a little group and die slightly slower than those actually doing damage? I've never seen you around with less people than the few guys I run with and I wouldn't try and call myself a solo player b/c it's not what it is. Maybe your complaint is valid as in the zerg isn't supporting itself by supporting other random members of the zerg, but you aren't solo.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But i will gladly teach you what playing solo means. It means, you're not in a group and are not communicating with your faction to organize any actions. You guys all like to use the term zerg surfing, because you think you can insult someone that way and feel better about yourself. That doesn't make you look any cooler tho.

If you know about any viable ways to play without zergs, be it an enemy one or one of my own faction, let me know. I will gladly try that. Until then please try to be unconstructive somewhere else.

Thank you.

I used the term zerg surfing because it describes how you play. If you are "solo" but with 30 ep you are zerging. If you can't realize the irony of your own initial statement you are delusional.
    - Mojican
  • MADshadowman_
    MADshadowman_
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    solo? I haven't really seen you 'solo' anything. zerg surfing I guess is a solo activity? Or jump into a little group and die slightly slower than those actually doing damage? I've never seen you around with less people than the few guys I run with and I wouldn't try and call myself a solo player b/c it's not what it is. Maybe your complaint is valid as in the zerg isn't supporting itself by supporting other random members of the zerg, but you aren't solo.

i'm as solo as it gets, don't try to get your e-peen in here, this is the wrong place for that.

If you don't have anything contructive to say, feel free to move on.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't speak for the OP, but a solo player who enjoys map/lane play. It's fun for many to work with other randoms to defend objectives or push opponents -- especially against organized groups. Playing solo doesn't necessarily mean playing alone. Personally, I do a bit of everything: I get zerged down, I zerg down, I fight 1vX and I fight Xv1. To me, there is usually a base objective to kill opposition players. I always try my best, but I don't care about style points. (err, that's not completely true, as there are some builds [c type] I will not run)

Sure, one can argue that if someone is into map play, they would be most effective in a group, but that's not everyone's cup of tea for a variety of reasons.

Besides in this current era of tank and/or permablock builds, fighting some players solo is a long, tedious fight unless opponents are cherry picked.

@MADshadowman_ Your support is probably running in a raid PVEing resources @ Fare/BM/BB in sequence for hours to boost players to the top of the leaderboard. You should yell at them for doing that. Unfortunately, there may also be an AD group recapping resources behind them instead of confronting them. /facepalm

Edited by zyk on September 22, 2017 11:51PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i'm as solo as it gets, don't try to get your e-peen in here, this is the wrong place for that.

never seen you by yourself a single time, doesn't get more constructive in a conversation than pointing out someone is completely wrong man, sorry you feel slighted, but truth hurts.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

And those are just the groups running circles around Bloodmayne capping resources.
  • MADshadowman_
    MADshadowman_
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

I can't speak for the OP, but a solo player who enjoys map/lane play. It's fun for many to work with other randoms to defend objectives or push opponents -- especially against organized groups. Playing solo doesn't necessarily mean playing alone. Personally, I do a bit of everything: I get zerged down, I zerg down, I fight 1vX and I fight Xv1. To me, there is usually a base objective to kill opposition players. I always try my best, but I don't care about style points. (err, that's not completely true, as there are some builds [c type] I will not run)

Sure, one can argue that if someone is into map play, they would be most effective in a group, but that's not everyone's cup of tea for a variety of reasons.

Besides in this current era of tank and/or permablock builds, fighting some players solo is a long, tedious fight unless opponents are cherry picked.

@MADshadowman_ Your support is probably running in a raid PVEing resources @ Fare/BM/BB in sequence for hours to boost players to the top of the leaderboard. You should yell at them for doing that. Unfortunately, there may also be an AD group recapping resources behind them instead of confronting them. /facepalm

Thank you!
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everytime after a battle at Ales farm and I search the bodies of the dead EP, I always find baggies of cocaine in their pockets. Why?
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always been an EP player and i never wanted to be anything else, but lately i've been so fed up with this faction that i'm not sure if i can continue playing on your side.

The amount of support i get from you is almost 0. Granted, i'm a solo player, so you might not see me as a team mate that needs support, but if i stand at a breach and hold 20 enemies in place and keep them distracted, is it too much ask for to get some siege support, some AOEs, ultimates, or at least a heal from you?

I can't even begin to express how frustrating it is to watch you guys throw resto light attacks into the zergs, while i'm struggling to stay alive with 20 people beating on me. Or how insulting it is to have 20 EP run over my dead body with no one rezzing me, while i rez every single person i see, then afterwards healing you and making sure you don't get ganked again.

Why do i even care anymore?

So, does AD or DC need my skills? I'm open for your offers.

Thanks for reading.

Come to AD. We have cookie buffets.....

Made from EP players.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never seen you by yourself a single time, doesn't get more constructive in a conversation than pointing out someone is completely wrong man, sorry you feel slighted, but truth hurts.

I don't encounter the OP often enough to judge, but I know there are opposition small groups who feel the same about me because they're not present when I'm doing other things.
  • MADshadowman_
    MADshadowman_
    ✭✭✭

Give it up man, it's not working. The fact that i know what i'm doing in pvp, and you can only assume what i'm doing, gives you a very bad bargaining position. i'm always solo, but i'm playing the map. if you expect me to stand alone on a field in the middle of nowhere and wait for someone to come fight me just to meet your weird definition of "solo play" then how about you do that first and then get back to me and tell me how it went. Deal?
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Give it up man, it's not working. The fact that i know what i'm doing in pvp, and you can only assume what i'm doing, gives you a very bad bargaining position. i'm always solo, but i'm playing the map. if you expect me to stand alone on a field in the middle of nowhere and wait for someone to come fight me just to meet your weird definition of "solo play" then how about you do that first and then get back to me and tell me how it went. Deal?

See man, you are the one trying to hard. You completely jumped over my point. I really don't care if you zerg surf, play in a 24 man, play in a duo, or whatever. All I said was you aren't solo, and you aren't. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is. Nice try though.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The definition of solo is that you are alone. if you are not alone you cannot call your self solo. This is not a crazy concept. I am not trying to insult anyone, but calling your self solo while you are fighting with other players around you is just silly. It is simply a matter of trying to ensure that people are aware of what they are doing.

I don't care if someone zergs with 100 people, but I will correct them if they try to state they are solo.
    Edited by manny254 on September 23, 2017 12:14AM
    - Mojican
  • MADshadowman_
    MADshadowman_
    ✭✭✭

The definition of solo is that you are alone. if you are not alone you cannot call your self solo. This is not a crazy concept. I am not trying to insult anyone, but calling your self solo while you are fighting with other players around you is just silly. It is simply a matter of trying to ensure that people are aware of what they are doing.

I don't care if someone zergs with 100 people, but I will correct them if they try to state they are solo.

If you go to a place where you're alone, then you won't get any pvp. Cause you're alone. Get it?

Playing solo means, you don't run in a group or communicate with anyone, that's solo play, not what you think it should be.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you go to a place where you're alone, then you won't get any pvp. Cause you're alone. Get it?

Playing solo means, you don't run in a group or communicate with anyone, that's solo play, not what you think it should be.

So if you kill one person with 30 EP helping you did you solo that one person?
    - Mojican
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL !

I like this .
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's your definition, perhaps. My definition is more broad and includes the following:

- playing ungrouped and not benefitting from some strong buffs like purge and rapid maneuvers
    - no overt coordination with or strong expectations of other players
    - being self sustaining: can get kills, heal, escape/reset by oneself
    - not explicitly following or moving with other players.

To me, ultimately, it's about being independent, self-sustaining and self-determined.

There's a lot of crossover. Even in big keep fights, there is a lot of opportunity for completely independent play along/outside the walls, movement lanes, etc..

I cap/defend resources/towns solo at times, I usually travel alone, but the next fight might be me and 5 other players trying to slow down an organized raid at a keep. I think all of these things, and more, are part of the solo experience in ESO AvA.

Edited by zyk on September 23, 2017 12:32AM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing this thread needs to complete the unholy trinity is the forum debut of Big Moist.
  • pachycephalo
    pachycephalo
    ✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    The only thing this thread needs to complete the unholy trinity is the forum debut of Big Moist.

hallo; I am BIG MOIST; this is my forum debut
  • Yngol
    Yngol
    ✭✭✭
    hahaha this is a great read. But i feel like deep down people have to know that being a "solo player" is about more than not being grouped with others. And lamenting the lack of support when you take pride in being a self-professed "solo player" is a bit... contradictory? Just my 2 cents though
    Edited by Yngol on September 23, 2017 3:59AM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yngol wrote: »
    hahaha this is a great read. But i feel like deep down people have to know that being a "solo player" is about more than not being grouped with others. And lamenting the lack of support when you take pride in being a self-professed "solo player" is a bit... contradictory? Just my 2 cents though

I think that's just arguing semantics. However you define solo play in ESO -- which is never going to be 100% solo if you care about the map or take on all comers; try soloing s.draconis -- the original post is actually about players supporting each other during keep/outpost defenses.

In English, the meaning of words can be contextual.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

There's your answer why you don't get help.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every faction gets a case of the stupids and pew pews from the walls instead of fighting, but EP has reached epic levels of not defending anything lately. At one point tonight I called out a siege early and the response I got was, "oh so they aren't at the last keep they took? Let's go there instead!" /facepalm
    Your support is probably running in a raid PVEing resources @ Fare/BM/BB in sequence for hours to boost players to the top of the leaderboard. You should yell at them for doing that. Unfortunately, there may also be an AD group recapping resources behind them instead of confronting them.

AD keeps saying they need more players. Want a sorc that sucks every lfg on the map into a resource farm circuit while EP loses gate keeps and scrolls? I mean, he's practically playing on AD and DC's side as it is. Will sell cheap.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Every faction gets a case of the stupids and pew pews from the walls instead of fighting, but EP has reached epic levels of not defending anything lately. At one point tonight I called out a siege early and the response I got was, "oh so they aren't at the last keep they took? Let's go there instead!" /facepalm
    Yeah, it's the otick paradigm. The same thing happens to AD. There will be 5 of us at Roe desperately trying to slow down 30+ DC while 30+ AD choose to pvdoor BRK instead. What's worse is that taking back home keeps is also usually pvdoor.
    NBrookus wrote: »
    AD keeps saying they need more players. Want a sorc that sucks every lfg on the map into a resource farm circuit while EP loses gate keeps and scrolls? I mean, he's practically playing on AD and DC's side as it is. Will sell cheap.
    That would doom us for sure.