Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EP, what happened to you?

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC is the way !
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    The only thing I have learned from this thread is that unless you solo siege or defend a keep/outpost/resource/IC district, you're a zergling.

Actually. You still get called a zergling.

Case in point...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h89u8GqWmA&list=UUg8o4V6clgMjacCr0ty62hA&index=22

Telel still got called a zergling. Ironically by some of the bloops you see PVdooring BB at the start of the video.

Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm ever around, you'll get my rez, even if it's front line lol, I love doing that. I also love giving a tank siege support. I've been taking a break from PVP for awhile, though, with work and focusing what little game time I have on other stuff.
    Deacon Grim
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Nihilos wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »
    never seen you by yourself a single time, doesn't get more constructive in a conversation than pointing out someone is completely wrong man, sorry you feel slighted, but truth hurts.

I don't encounter the OP often enough to judge, but I know there are opposition small groups who feel the same about me because they're not present when I'm doing other things.

Your amazingly priced Redguard furniture in ETU more than makes up for any possible zerg surfing ♥️

Sometimes I'll gank or zerg down someone I recognize as a customer and think, "I hope he still buys my pillows...."

An AD selling DC styled furniture to EP players. This is getting complicated....

Aha! Clever... Creating a market for pillows to be cried into....
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is pure comedy. I think there is a distinction to be made between being a solo player and engaging in solo PvP, which in my view is isolated gameplay in a vacuum without external support. On a related note, labels are dumb. I don't know very many people who play one way and only one way all the time.

Weird. Everytime i need one, no one put one down, or they're all outside of my range

If you are so needy, I'd suggest finding a group to run with. Entitlement to support and claiming to be a solo player are mutually exclusive concepts.
    My priority is to be with my crown and prepared to follow the calls of my raid lead. My heals, my buffs, my ultimate? Those goes to my raid group when my raid lead calls for them. If you happen to get them, that's just a bonus. You can be the best solo player in the game, but you aren't in my group. Therefore, the only way you get support from me is if my raid lead tells me to or if what you are doing happens to match up with what we plan to do.

And people wonder why zergs guilds are considered mindless lemmings. Personally, the only reason I'd demonstrate such loyalty and obedience is if I'm getting paid 6 figures for it.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Most of my experience on EP in PVP is in Kyne (or the old BWB) and they have always been dysfunctional. More fighting in chat than on the ground and nothing but smaller groups mostly doing their own thing.

Then you get long term Kyne players (I'll call them permanent residents) complaining about scrub noobs causing us to lose keeps, or lose emp, etc. - which I don't understand. It is the non vet campaign and is where you'd expect new people will be playing.

I don't know whether AD or DC are the same or better, just like I don't really know what EP are like in the other campaigns. I only really use PVP when leveling up PVP skill lines on newer characters and my experiences have not encouraged me to spend much time in vet PVP.

I could agree somewhat, least fighting in chat. Before I left AD, AD kept continue to bickering and fight each other. Granted I understand campaign deletions.

But each and every day. AD refuse to work with each other. This would be the 4th month of same campaign. Campaign is almost over.

I'm so very proud of them. They are trying really hard, to push. Whilst, being over ran at most. I believe AD have changed in said campaign (below)

I believe they have grown. To a mighty force to fear. I don't think they fight, each other ; no longer. They almost made me cry, I'm so very proud for them.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on September 26, 2017 1:51PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    And people wonder why zergs guilds are considered mindless lemmings. Personally, the only reason I'd demonstrate such loyalty and obedience is if I'm getting paid 6 figures for it.

I play that way with my guild because I have fun playing with them. I like their style and, crucially, I think that playstyle is fun! If that's not your cup of tea, that's fine. Have fun with your own playstyle. After all, why spend time in a game if we aren't having fun with the ways we play it?
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play that way with my guild because I have fun playing with them. I like their style and, crucially, I think that playstyle is fun! If that's not your cup of tea, that's fine. Have fun with your own playstyle. After all, why spend time in a game if we aren't having fun with the ways we play it?

Hey man I appreciate your play style and am glad you have fun. Having to ask for permission to res someone is a bit excessive though imo.

I guess some guilds just have a tighter leash than others.
    Edited by CyrusArya on September 26, 2017 5:44PM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hey man I appreciate your play style and am glad you have fun. Having to ask for permission to res someone is a bit excessive though imo.

I guess some guilds just have a tighter leash than others.

I dunno why people aren't more diligent about rezzing.

It's one of the most powerful abilities on the battlefield. "Summon Random Skill Level Alliance Mate"

Like how tents are 'Summon 20 Random Alliance Mates".

It turns battles.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love PVP but it's the PVP guilds that kill it for me - hence I either solo play or run in very small groups. The yelling, the blaming, the whole black ball group play aka scooting around cyrodiil for hours in black blob, really killed the fun for me.

As a solo player you have to learn that you MUST NOT RELY ON OTHERS...Period. Believe me there are some really nice folks out there that will rez me and lend a hand - but don't expect it or else you will be disappointed.

Just my two cents.
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I understand your POV Mad, and I like you quite a lot, we just have to agree to disagree on this one.
    Entitlement to support and claiming to be a solo player are mutually exclusive concepts.

^^ This is the most accurate, and logical comment in this entire thread and it seems it honestly should just be in big bold letters.
    • If you google SOLO - definition: "a thing done by one person unaccompanied, in particular."
    • Unaccompanied being the key word here, not ungrouped. You can be outside of group and still not be solo. This is what we call zerg surfing.
    • To put this in real life perspective, if 10 people were attacking you physically but none of them knew each other or planned to be there together, is this considered one person attacking another? Of course not. Intent does not matter. The facts are that 10 attacked 1 and that's the only thing that anyone sees.
    • To put it simply, to be truly solo is to expect no support.
    • To play solo is to deliberately make the masochistic choice to instead, entirely support yourself as you play against outnumbered odds.
    • Do not play solo if you want support from others. - If you want or need or expect ANY kind of support from others, befriend and group with people and set expectations of each other for how you play.
    • Do not claim to be solo if cross heals and cross damage are aiding you in the destruction of your opponents.

That aside, I think a lot of us are getting hung up on the word solo when the chief complaint here is that you feel your faction has poor teamwork. That you feel the other members of EP are not engaging in thoughtful PVP, or engaging the other faction when it the time is optimal.

The only real advice or insight I can give here is: teach them. Keep in mind that the majority of veteran players have left this game and we instead have an influx of all brand new players who are just now learning to PVP. Their bars are probably not optimized, they're probably not fast at reacting or countering other players, they probably have poor sustain or damage and they are timid in general.

Teach them not to be. Teach them when is the appropriate time to engage, and when to disengage. Teach them about healing, about how to counter other classes (ie: "wow that DK is just permablocking, maybe I should fear him.") If you truly want to be a champion of EP, (and I think you do as you have dedicated so much time to the faction) you should meet their inexperience with your experience.

The frustration is understandable, but it's not going to be magically better on another faction. Trust a person who plays every faction, they're all basically the same. Just remember that everyone starts somewhere, we were all noobs once and this is a complex game. Teach noobs to be less nooby in your every day engagements and conversations with others. Eventually, the faction as a whole will collectively get better over time and word of mouth. And if you think I'm crazy or that "there's no way word of mouth or 1 person can change an entire faction" - look at the changing metas. Do you think everyone magically comes to the same conclusion that X set is great and Y skill is OP and XYZ is best in slot gear? No. People talk, and they share information constantly.

TL/DR: It's easy to just point the finger and say "you suck why aren't you doing what I want you to do." But this will get you no where and it will not solve your frustration of poor faction teamwork. It is infinitely more effective to just send a whisper, be friendly, and help people learn.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love PVP but it's the PVP guilds that kill it for me - hence I either solo play or run in very small groups. The yelling, the blaming, the whole black ball group play aka scooting around cyrodiil for hours in black blob, really killed the fun for me.

As a solo player you have to learn that you MUST NOT RELY ON OTHERS...Period. Believe me there are some really nice folks out there that will rez me and lend a hand - but don't expect it or else you will be disappointed.

Just my two cents.

Agree. We trade security and help for freedom to do whatever we want whenever we want. It's a good trade.
    Shadow hide you.
  • Gamerscape2007
    Gamerscape2007
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejh_Dt3z46Q

The Solo player mentality in this thread represent this sole video alone. idiotic snobs lmao.
    Edited by Gamerscape2007 on October 1, 2017 2:25AM
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The Solo player mentality in this thread represent this sole video alone. idiotic snobs lmao.

Not even one person has said "I'm better than you because I solo" so idk where this snobs concept comes from.

I think we're just promoting awareness... Play however you want to play, you bought the game and you should enjoy it however you want. Just don't get mad when we call a spade a spade.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you lost the OP. He's now got a banned label on his forum profile,
    OkE9iM.gif
  • Gamerscape2007
    Gamerscape2007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

Not even one person has said "I'm better than you because I solo" so idk where this snobs concept comes from.

I think we're just promoting awareness... Play however you want to play, you bought the game and you should enjoy it however you want. Just don't get mad when we call a spade a spade.

I think you misunderstood. The Solo mentality I'm talking about is the people who post garbage like op. And trust me, I've seen it all. The worse being where the guy suddenly compared his skill in pvp and saying he's better for not using proc sets, just because someone called him out for wasting 500$ on Crowns crates. And recently, some guy went Social justice warrior on another just because the player he killed was a feminazi. But I'm opening a cans of worms in that regard. Thaaat being said, It's the wannabe Solo players who talk *** while zerging you down I have a problem with. With real Solo players, I normally don't care about someone trash talking, because, well, it's true. I am a supar player. But let me in on you on a little secret. We all can talk trash to one another without having any consequences. That's all changed when you meet said person in real life. Because in real life? Deep down? they'll be scared that they will be beaten down if they push their luck Trust me. The Solo Wannabes are too insecure.
    Edited by Gamerscape2007 on October 1, 2017 5:27AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

I think you misunderstood. The Solo mentality I'm talking about is the people who post garbage like op. And trust me, I've seen it all. The worse being where the guy suddenly compared his skill in pvp and saying he's better for not using proc sets, just because someone called him out for wasting 500$ on Crowns crates. And recently, some guy went Social justice warrior on another just because the player he killed was a feminazi. But I'm opening a cans of worms in that regard. Thaaat being said, It's the wannabe Solo players who talk *** while zerging you down I have a problem with. With real Solo players, I normally don't care about someone trash talking, because, well, it's true. I am a supar player. But let me in on you on a little secret. We all can talk trash to one another without having any consequences. That's all changed when you meet said person in real life. Because in real life? Deep down? they'll be scared that they will be beaten down if they push their luck Trust me. The Solo Wannabes are too insecure.

Sounds like your problem is with trash talking rather than soloers.

Some really odd views on the definition of soloer here, as if its some kind of elite label that only some people are allowed to use. What a load of bs.

I don't group, so I call myself a soloer. Sometimes I'm alone. Sometimes I'm surrounded by enemies, sometimes I'm surrounded by friends.
    Sometimes I'm alone in combat and friendlies arrive. Does that mean that one minute I'm a soloer, the next I'm not?
    Or do I have to run away from everyone to be considered a soloer? Avoiding all objectives.

Is a soloer really someone who stays away from the objectives/flashpoints?

I don't really care, I just want to know what to call myself without offending someone.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Some really odd views on the definition of soloer here, as if its some kind of elite label that only some people are allowed to use. What a load of bs.

I don't group, so I call myself a soloer. Sometimes I'm alone. Sometimes I'm surrounded by enemies, sometimes I'm surrounded by friends.
    Sometimes I'm alone in combat and friendlies arrive. Does that mean that one minute I'm a soloer, the next I'm not?
    Or do I have to run away from everyone to be considered a soloer? Avoiding all objectives.

Is a soloer really someone who stays away from the objectives/flashpoints?

I don't really care, I just want to know what to call myself without offending someone.

I just call myself a zergling. Then you can't go wrong.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why everyone has to be assigned to some sort of category. Sometimes i play completely alone, sometimes i play in a small grp, sometimes i end up alongside a zerg, sometimes i help defending keeps, sometimes i don't care about objectives, sometimes ... whatever. And i consider myself a PvP player who is trying to have some fun. Nothing else.
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I NEVER thought i say this but the Jules is completely right, mad what your doing is called Zerg surfing
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like all factions on all platforms more or less do the same stuff as described in the OP
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MADshadowman has always been a really good DK. I run solo or in small groups a lot these days. I at times zerg surf or I end up solo defending something. One of my favorite things is to go to a keep defense, so I understand the woes of not being rez'ed. Oh I should say ANY keep defense. Message me sometime in game & we shall go "kill all the things" together my friend. #gos4life
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where's Big Moist's input?
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like all factions on all platforms more or less do the same stuff as described in the OP

Not on PC/NA.

There we have Telel. Who is not a zerg surfer. No sirree Hircine. Telel is nothing like a zerg surfer.

What khajiit is.....

Is the tide.

Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everytime after a battle at Ales farm and I search the bodies of the dead EP, I always find baggies of cocaine in their pockets. Why?

Because they stole them from you??? :D
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've played on a couple factions, man, and what surprises me most is that they're all kinda the same.

Literally the same words in zone chat, the same people doing the same stupid ***, the same complaining about Team Green/Blue/Purple. The same people not rezzing/pvdooring instead of defending key terrain/same 4 noobs that run up and get on all your ballistas.

Pick your poison. XD
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just play on DC or AD side, EP is for kids
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EP is awesome to play on if you just want to be left alone, they zerg a lot but they tend to be focused in specific places. The downside to that is don't expect competent help in a fight, or even to be rezzed or for EP to put camps down. That's largely part of the idea of playing solo or small scale, that you only have yourself or your own to cover you.

I recently started playing AD and noticed that it's the complete opposite in a bad way. You cannot get the same type of fights, way too many snipers will show up to help you. Everyone will try to rez you and there are always camps, so it's a bummer. The upside is that you can take a resource at kings or arrius and get a never ending stream of EP willing to funnel to their death until you get zerged. It's much harder to get those type of resource fights as EP, AD rarely responds and DC will stealth zerg the flag eventually.
    The Age of Wrobel.