The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Asylum weapons and pvp

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    TESTED: You cannot block the status effects from the staff.

You can only shield the status effects if your shield absorbs the entire amount of damage. Igneous isn't large enough to ever absorb it all except perhaps on high health tanks. Ditto for Blazing Shield.

With a crushing shock weave at 2400 magicka per second versus 4100 magicka for a harness magicka, shield users are also not safe from the status effects.

Oh well, that's pretty strong then
    EU | PC | AD
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Master bow
    Master Daggers
    asylum 2h
    1h + shield maelstrom

offer all bonuses that are equally compelling to what the asylum destro provides from a pvp perspective.

Also most (destrostaff) players already use shock glyphs (on infused or even charged weapons) providing already high uptime on the most interesting status effect (concussed).

Also using the staff comes at the cost of loosing a) a 5p bonus like necropotence or b) loosing access to 2p undaunted sets.

5 necro 5 lich 2 shadowrend is a really strong setup on sorc that already has access to all of the buffs with high uptime except for burning - which loosing necro or lich 5p for does not seem enticing at all.

Disease glyph >>>> Shock glyph.

Major defile >>>> concussed.

It's ok tho, now you can do both

Also, minor defile poisons are better than shock glyph, not to mention all other manner of nasty other poisons. Quite simply, as a destro user, your front bar glyph should NOT be shock now and should NOT be shock post patch. From a min/max perspective of course

Or you attack an argonian or woodelf where disease glyph can not procc it´s secondary effect at all. No major defile for you. Sad. I´d rather have a glyph with a secondary effect that my opponent can not be immune to by choosing the right race @Lexxypwns

Also a shock glyph deals considerable singletarget dps whereas a poison does not. Vulnerability or defile being probably the worst poison as you gain 8% dmg increase for 3.9s on a 10s timer - compared to concussed 4s 8% dmg increase on a 4s timer + dmg. Main issue with defile is it being useless vs shields.
    The highest uptime for vulnerability/defile with poison you can hope for is 39% / 55% - which you´ll never reach.
    On an infused staff with lightning enchant i average between 40 and 60%.
    On a charged staff i reach over 90%.

You haven´t thought that through - but i don´t blame you. Console and the likes. It´s a lot more gutfeeling when you can´t access combatlogs.

I tested on PC <3 thanks for the assumptions.

If you can't proc the major defile from the disease enchant then you're only doing 8%+ele expert CP more damage with shock glyph anyway. If you can proc the secondary effect then it's hands down superior.

Furthermore, "not effective against shields" is the absolute worst argument against defile imo. Healing ward is stupid expensive and if you shut down the heal on it then you either stop any opportunity for offense or greatly increase your burst window.

Finally, resource poisons outperform any type of glyph:

I´d quit the game before i start slotting resource poisons.
    I rather have 8% flat dmg increase on any skill hitting than taking chances of my enchantment not working or being slightly superior (saying that as playing my NB i mostly have issues with high burst not healingdebuffs).

When playing my sorc idgaf if i´m healing debuffed - vulnerability on the other hand makes a noticeable difference.

Saying anyone min maxing isn´t using shock is just flatout wrong/ignorant.
    If you have issues with healing builds you go for disease. Same if you´re low dmg dot oriented.
    If you´re burst focused or have issues with shields you go for concussion.

Agree to disagree about the shock glyph with 1 final note. If you're having trouble with damage shields that's a whole build issue not something a shock glyph can fix.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master bow
    Master Daggers
    asylum 2h
    1h + shield maelstrom

offer all bonuses that are equally compelling to what the asylum destro provides from a pvp perspective.

Also most (destrostaff) players already use shock glyphs (on infused or even charged weapons) providing already high uptime on the most interesting status effect (concussed).

Also using the staff comes at the cost of loosing a) a 5p bonus like necropotence or b) loosing access to 2p undaunted sets.

5 necro 5 lich 2 shadowrend is a really strong setup on sorc that already has access to all of the buffs with high uptime except for burning - which loosing necro or lich 5p for does not seem enticing at all.

Also, minor defile poisons are better than shock glyph, not to mention all other manner of nasty other poisons. Quite simply, as a destro user, your front bar glyph should NOT be shock now and should NOT be shock post patch. From a min/max perspective of course

Or you attack an argonian or woodelf where disease glyph can not procc it´s secondary effect at all. No major defile for you. Sad. I´d rather have a glyph with a secondary effect that my opponent can not be immune to by choosing the right race @Lexxypwns

Also a shock glyph deals considerable singletarget dps whereas a poison does not. Vulnerability or defile being probably the worst poison as you gain 8% dmg increase for 3.9s on a 10s timer - compared to concussed 4s 8% dmg increase on a 4s timer + dmg. Main issue with defile is it being useless vs shields.
    The highest uptime for vulnerability/defile with poison you can hope for is 39% / 55% - which you´ll never reach.

You haven´t thought that through - but i don´t blame you. Console and the likes. It´s a lot more gutfeeling when you can´t access combatlogs.

If you can't proc the major defile from the disease enchant then you're only doing 8%+ele expert CP more damage with shock glyph anyway. If you can proc the secondary effect then it's hands down superior.

Furthermore, "not effective against shields" is the absolute worst argument against defile imo. Healing ward is stupid expensive and if you shut down the heal on it then you either stop any opportunity for offense or greatly increase your burst window.

I rather have 8% flat dmg increase on any skill hitting than taking chances of my enchantment not working or being slightly superior (saying that as playing my NB i mostly have issues with high burst not healingdebuffs).

When playing my sorc idgaf if i´m healing debuffed - vulnerability on the other hand makes a noticeable difference.

If you have issues with healing builds you go for disease. Same if you´re low dmg dot oriented.

Agree to disagree about the shock glyph with 1 final note. If you're having trouble with damage shields that's a whole build issue not something a shock glyph can fix.

Irrelevant anyway if statuseffects not proccing on shields should be working as intended. Both does not work - and disease would be extra useless as the statuseffect is shorter than healingward takes to run out :(

It definetly worked differently in one tam...
    Edited by Derra on September 19, 2017 9:33PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can only shield the status effects if your shield absorbs the entire amount of damage. Igneous isn't large enough to ever absorb it all except perhaps on high health tanks. Ditto for Blazing Shield.

With a crushing shock weave at 2400 magicka per second versus 4100 magicka for a harness magicka, shield users are also not safe from the status effects.

Tested aswell - interesting not getting any statuseffect proccs at all on shields (which definetly was not the case in one tamriel when i last tested it).

Probably bugged at the same time enchantments bugged out against block?

No, if the damage overflowed the shield, you get the full status effect. My test partner had to take off half his gear to crushing shock me for less than igneous shield. :/

High magicka sorcs with huge shields will get some relief, but it's not a long term counter. CS is so cheap and easy to weave versus shields or purge it's going to be no contest which wins. I would say if they don't change this, get used to having these status effects on you basically at all times.

I am unsure if this is a bug/feature in the buff tracker or a bug in the staff, but I did not ever see a burning status effect.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master bow
    Master Daggers
    asylum 2h
    1h + shield maelstrom

Irrelevant anyway if statuseffects not proccing on shields should be working as intended. Both does not work - and disease would be extra useless as the statuseffect is shorter than healingward takes to run out :(

It definetly worked differently in one tam...

Has to be a bug. Have you tested proc'ing "on crit" effects like crit surge on shields? Is that also bugged? If so, its pretty game breaking and makes having damage shields a necessity.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Tested aswell - interesting not getting any statuseffect proccs at all on shields (which definetly was not the case in one tamriel when i last tested it).

Probably bugged at the same time enchantments bugged out against block?

I think shields are ignoring status effects at least from Homestead patch. Possibly from the same patch where racial and glyph resistances started doing it.

Makes no sense to me - especially as things like weaponbleeds can procc on shields.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you give insight if status effects not working against damage shields is working as intended?

because they want to hold mages superior without any reason!..
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nCats wrote: »
    The situation where the new two handed really becomes a ult-gainer is if you are hitting a shielded player at low health. In the rest of the situation I'd expect 10-15 ult at most. Which is still a lot. I envisage it being useful on a stam dk.

I do not see the new weapons as beneficial for stamplar and stamsorc as for other classes. Thoughts?

master daggers on stamplar or stamsorc - yummy.

I gotta farm those damn daggers now for my stam sorc, not sure if can use them on the stamplar yet.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    also this weaps only drop in a trial....

im pvp only and did only the 4 player vet content and vma... now im forced into a trial grp or what?!?

that sux so hard im sereously thinking of taking a break from eso

It's so EASY to get through this Trial. Seriously. After a few runs there's little chance you won't get what you want. Especially if your going with mates willing to trade. After 3 runs I picked up Destro, Restro, 2 Daggers, Bow. Will round out set for 2 H, 1H Shield, ASAP.