The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Asylum weapons and pvp

nCats
nCats
✭✭✭
I'm liking many changes but the new (destro) staff seems to be something truly overpowered.

If the crushing shock applies all status effects at once, the enemy of a sorc will deal 15% less damage and take 8% more, and we do know that well built sorcs can do wonders of single target burst already.

The suggestion would be to apply the corresponding status effect in function of the staff trait only.

Please look into it, thank you.

EDIT: maybe we have to discuss all weapons here. I am concerned also about the ult gain from 2h, not too much? Requires testing, what do you testers think?

EDIT2: some further changes.
Edited by nCats on September 18, 2017 9:34PM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nCats wrote: »
    I'm liking many changes but the new staff seems to be something truly overpowered.

If the crushing shock applies all status effects at once, the enemy of a destro staff user will deal 15% less damage and take 8% more, and we do know that well built destro staff users can do wonders of single target burst already.

The suggestion would be to apply the corresponding status effect in function of the staff trait only.

Please look into it, thank you.

Fixed it for you :)
    PC | EU
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    requires testing.

Well that's the point of the PTS now isn't it?

I agree though the destro asylum effect is NUTS
    Edited by clocksstoppe on September 18, 2017 9:29PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master bow
    Master Daggers
    asylum 2h
    1h + shield maelstrom

offer all bonuses that are equally compelling to what the asylum destro provides from a pvp perspective.

Also most (destrostaff) players already use shock glyphs (on infused or even charged weapons) providing already high uptime on the most interesting status effect (concussed).

Also using the staff comes at the cost of loosing a) a 5p bonus like necropotence or b) loosing access to 2p undaunted sets.

5 necro 5 lich 2 shadowrend is a really strong setup on sorc that already has access to all of the buffs with high uptime except for burning - which loosing necro or lich 5p for does not seem enticing at all.
    Edited by Derra on September 18, 2017 9:38PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm liking many changes but the new staff seems to be something truly overpowered.

This is a public test server.

This is made for testing, not assumptions. Go test it first then come back.

I'll give you a hint: Charged destro staff.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    From the pvp sorc builds i've seen most used necro is not a thing, nirnhoned staffs are a thing, not charged. Now you can have both.

@Asmael by "seems" i mean the fact that no PTS testing will come close to the live experience; neither testing it nor examining will be perfect, but I am free (and you are too) to do either. The salt will take us nowhere though.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's any staff user... But yeah... That's pretty bonkers on paper.

OP? I dunno, can't test, but most certainly huge.

This definitely has my interest, so much so I'm gonna start farming other stuff to get ready
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's any staff user... But yeah... That's pretty bonkers on paper.

OP? I dunno, can't test, but most certainly huge.

This definitely has my interest, so much so I'm gonna start farming other stuff to get ready

Have we learned nothing from the last two PTS cycles? Do not farm for things until they these changes go live. ZoS can change their minds at any point, for any reason.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the pvp sorc builds i've seen most used necro is not a thing, nirnhoned staffs are a thing, not charged. Now you can have both.

@Asmael by "seems" i mean the fact that no PTS testing will come close to the live experience; neither testing it nor examining will be perfect, but I am free (and you are too) to do either. The salt will take us nowhere though.

From personal experience all a sorc using the oh so popular nirn shackle5 + amber5 + domi1p can hope for against a decent opponent not wearing medium armor is a draw.
    The setup runs out of juice too fast and has to spend too much resrouces on defending or on recovering said resources.
    <Noricum>

• Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just play a stam warden with asylum 1h+s and spam shimmering + def posture until everyone stop using force pulse forever kappa

seriously though, the new destro is very strong and, once again, is especially annoying when used by the group outnumbering the opposition (very strong single target effect on a cooldown, kinda like poisons 2.0)
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 2 hand weapon bonus paired with the Sheer Venom set could be insane. CC, Reverse slash spam and hit ultis.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this is a good direction to take for the Asylum Destruction Staff. What kind of interesting bonus could possibly be given to Force Pulse that wouldn't be "OP" in PvP?

Everything is OP in PvP. When you actually look at the ability-altering weapons next patch, there are some insane setups that have yet to be complained about yet because they aren't as immediately noticeable as Force Pulse's Asylum buff.
  • C0ndor
    C0ndor
    ✭✭
    Anyone tested the new 1h/s? I feel like it will be the dark conversion for all classes if second cast work as skill expire
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0ndor wrote: »
    Anyone tested the new 1h/s? I feel like it will be the dark conversion for all classes if second cast work as skill expire

But you need shield and sword so it will
    Be relegated to 2 5 pc and no monster set or 5 pc with agility and monster set.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 19, 2017 12:00AM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asylum destro staff = pretty OP
    Asylum 2h = game breaker...

Please consider a cooldown on the ulti regen or reduce it to 5 not the silly 15.. endless incaps, just endless...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    well, at least the 2h bonus doesn't work outside of execution range...
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Master bow
    Master Daggers
    asylum 2h
    1h + shield maelstrom

offer all bonuses that are equally compelling to what the asylum destro provides from a pvp perspective.

Also most (destrostaff) players already use shock glyphs (on infused or even charged weapons) providing already high uptime on the most interesting status effect (concussed).

Also using the staff comes at the cost of loosing a) a 5p bonus like necropotence or b) loosing access to 2p undaunted sets.

5 necro 5 lich 2 shadowrend is a really strong setup on sorc that already has access to all of the buffs with high uptime except for burning - which loosing necro or lich 5p for does not seem enticing at all.

Yes, that is true. However, that staff is also basically a 5p riposte as well as a permanent concussion so you can also run defile instead of shock. That is just too much for a single item slot, imo... I'll 100% use it on pet sorc, which I'll probably roll if the patch goes live.

EXIT: I'm talking about 1v1 scenarios, idk how good it'll be in actual open world, but I assume it won't be half bad.
    Edited by Subversus on September 19, 2017 6:40AM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tirps wrote: »
    well, at least the 2h bonus doesn't work outside of execution range...

Which is 50%, so basically on targets under 50% hp I'll be able to use incaps (5.2k weapon damage buffed 16k tooltip sort of incaps) every 5 seconds. Please tell me how balanced that is.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Master bow
    Master Daggers
    asylum 2h
    1h + shield maelstrom

Yes, that is true. However, that staff is also basically a 5p riposte as well as a permanent concussion so you can also run defile instead of shock. That is just too much for a single item slot, imo... I'll 100% use it on pet sorc, which I'll probably roll if the patch goes live.

EXIT: I'm talking about 1v1 scenarios, idk how good it'll be in actual open world, but I assume it won't be half bad.

I don´t really like defile. Argonian and woodelves are immune to the defile procc from disease.
    I´d rather not have a glyph that can´t procc it´s secondary effect on the most pupolar stam race for cyro aswell as the most popular healing race.

Also the effect of the staff is mostly singletarget. Riposte is basically every attacker. Shadowrend is aoe aswell.

Still a tradeoff of either 2p undaunted or a full 5p.
    Edited by Derra on September 19, 2017 7:31AM
    <Noricum>

• Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which is 50%, so basically on targets under 50% hp I'll be able to use incaps (5.2k weapon damage buffed 16k tooltip sort of incaps) every 5 seconds. Please tell me how balanced that is.

Not really.. its based on the % like if you hit the target with 49% health you will get like 1 ultimate, you need to hit target that has than 10% health if you are going to get 15 ulti, which usually means that the target will die anyway.
    Edited by Tirps on September 19, 2017 8:37AM
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭

From personal experience all a sorc using the oh so popular nirn shackle5 + amber5 + domi1p can hope for against a decent opponent not wearing medium armor is a draw.
    The setup runs out of juice too fast and has to spend too much resrouces on defending or on recovering said resources.

And we see still no medium armor changes.- I think its even for me time to give up and roll heavy armor...
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    also this weaps only drop in a trial....

im pvp only and did only the 4 player vet content and vma... now im forced into a trial grp or what?!?

that sux so hard im sereously thinking of taking a break from eso
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    The situation where the new two handed really becomes a ult-gainer is if you are hitting a shielded player at low health. In the rest of the situation I'd expect 10-15 ult at most. Which is still a lot. I envisage it being useful on a stam dk.

I do not see the new weapons as beneficial for stamplar and stamsorc as for other classes. Thoughts?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The situation where the new two handed really becomes a ult-gainer is if you are hitting a shielded player at low health. In the rest of the situation I'd expect 10-15 ult at most. Which is still a lot. I envisage it being useful on a stam dk.

I do not see the new weapons as beneficial for stamplar and stamsorc as for other classes. Thoughts?

master daggers on stamplar or stamsorc - yummy.
    <Noricum>

• nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    also this weaps only drop in a trial....

im pvp only and did only the 4 player vet content and vma... now im forced into a trial grp or what?!?

that sux so hard im sereously thinking of taking a break from eso

The imperfect weapons aren't too bad. As a PvPer who did trials on normal, the whole question is the new trial's difficulty. If it is like maw on lorkhaj or less then slapping a crafted plus bought setup like hundings and spriggans will do the job for you.
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭

Master daggers on a dot stam sorc- I even heard they come as axe aswell now. Or the masters snb seem both good for a stam sorc/stamplar. vDSA bow and the asylum 2h/vMA 2h is defeniately also viable on a stamplar/stam sorc.
    Edited by Murador178 on September 19, 2017 9:07AM
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭

Well, that's not asylum weapons, hence the question.
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Asylum destro staff = pretty OP
    Asylum 2h = game breaker...

Please consider a cooldown on the ulti regen or reduce it to 5 not the silly 15.. endless incaps, just endless...

I rly like the ult regen on executes- atm an execute on a blocking vamp in heavy armor does almost no dmg, so with the new 2h u can maybe keep the dmg up and kill some of the permablocking tanks- thats not nightblade exclusive dbos/leap/sweep is cheap aswell.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of weapons got a rework - with magica getting the clear short end of the stick in that regard apart from maelstrom resto.

I think they should have a look at the asylum bow though.
    <Noricum>

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get them via rewards for the worthy please?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A lot of weapons got a rework - with magica getting the clear short end of the stick in that regard apart from maelstrom resto.

I think they should have a look at the asylum bow though.

I don't think the bow needs any changes - getting the Snipe+Spray dream combo is kinda difficult as it has to actually be aimed, can be dodged/blocked and requires a very high damage gear that unlike typical +dmg gear actually gimps your healing/survival potential.

They should get rid of Miat's though so that it's usable.