The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Asylum weapons and pvp

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Can we get them via rewards for the worthy please?

member when we got master weapons as end of campaign rewards for placing in the top percentage?

me member....
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    nCats wrote: »
    The situation where the new two handed really becomes a ult-gainer is if you are hitting a shielded player at low health. In the rest of the situation I'd expect 10-15 ult at most. Which is still a lot. I envisage it being useful on a stam dk.

I do not see the new weapons as beneficial for stamplar and stamsorc as for other classes. Thoughts?

master daggers on stamplar or stamsorc - yummy.

Well, that's not asylum weapons, hence the question.

A lot of weapons got a rework - with magica getting the clear short end of the stick in that regard apart from maelstrom resto.

I think they should have a look at the asylum bow though.

I don't think the bow needs any changes - getting the Snipe+Spray dream combo is kinda difficult as it has to actually be aimed, can be dodged/blocked and requires a very high damage gear that unlike typical +dmg gear actually gimps your healing/survival potential.

They should get rid of Miat's though so that it's usable.

The bow is pretty bad. Acid Spray is way to expensive with negligible benefit.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The situation where the new two handed really becomes a ult-gainer is if you are hitting a shielded player at low health. In the rest of the situation I'd expect 10-15 ult at most. Which is still a lot. I envisage it being useful on a stam dk.

I do not see the new weapons as beneficial for stamplar and stamsorc as for other classes. Thoughts?

A lot of weapons got a rework - with magica getting the clear short end of the stick in that regard apart from maelstrom resto.

I don't think the bow needs any changes - getting the Snipe+Spray dream combo is kinda difficult as it has to actually be aimed, can be dodged/blocked and requires a very high damage gear that unlike typical +dmg gear actually gimps your healing/survival potential.

Could be very strong on a ganker now that I think about it.
    Edited by Subversus on September 19, 2017 3:50PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Could be very strong on a ganker now that I think about it.

Exactly.

I didn't have fully optimal gear on PTS, but still managed to crit a full impen heavy armor stamblade for 20k with the point blank Lethal Arrow alone.

Sounds really... "unfair", but keep in mind that it's not easy to land at all (even without Miat's cheat engine messing things up).
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do status effects even proc on:
    a) Shielded targets
    b) Blocking targets

Genuine question here, because last time I played (and it's been a while), they didn't. If that's still the case then theoretically the up-time in PvP will be pretty low.

Medium builds dodge quite a bit of Crushy spam, perma-blockers will block the proc, shield-spammers will negate the proc. Is it going to be such a big issue?

Edited by Maulkin on September 19, 2017 4:14PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    a) Shielded targets
    b) Blocking targets

Genuine question here, because last time I played (and it's been a while), they didn't. If that's still the case then theoretically the up-time in PvP will be pretty low.

Medium builds dodge quite a bit of Crushy spam, perma-blockers will block the proc, shield-spammers will negate the proc. Is it going to be such a big issue?

So we will have more shieldstackers or permablockers. GJ then... destroying there own game. I really got my fun back.. especially in PvP, but after reading the new patch notes i can really understand some friends, who stopped playing..
    Its just stupid. Why the *** does the community understand much more from balance then this $%#@! developers!
    Edited by DeHei on September 19, 2017 5:06PM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »
    a) Shielded targets
    b) Blocking targets

So we will have more shieldstackers or permablockers. GJ then... destroying there own game. I really got my fun back.. especially in PvP, but after reading the new patch notes i can really understand some friends, who stopped playing..
    Its just stupid. Why the *** does the community understand much more from balance then this $%#@! developers!

So I'm right? Then the staff is not even remotely OP for PvP in my opinion.

The rest of what you type is pretty much incoherent raging/blabbing with no argument or direction. This game has 3 major types of damage reduction/avoidance. Dodge rolling, shield spamming, perma-blocking. It's been like that since day 1, that's how the game was designed. If you still don't like it at this point and it's rage-inducing for you, then maybe this isn't the right game? I mean it's unlikely that the core mechanics will change any time soon is it?
    EU | PC | AD
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master bow
    Master Daggers
    asylum 2h
    1h + shield maelstrom

offer all bonuses that are equally compelling to what the asylum destro provides from a pvp perspective.

Also most (destrostaff) players already use shock glyphs (on infused or even charged weapons) providing already high uptime on the most interesting status effect (concussed).

Also using the staff comes at the cost of loosing a) a 5p bonus like necropotence or b) loosing access to 2p undaunted sets.

5 necro 5 lich 2 shadowrend is a really strong setup on sorc that already has access to all of the buffs with high uptime except for burning - which loosing necro or lich 5p for does not seem enticing at all.

Disease glyph >>>> Shock glyph.

Major defile >>>> concussed.

It's ok tho, now you can do both

Also, minor defile poisons are better than shock glyph, not to mention all other manner of nasty other poisons. Quite simply, as a destro user, your front bar glyph should NOT be shock now and should NOT be shock post patch. From a min/max perspective of course
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 19, 2017 5:26PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only class that makes the best use of force pulse is Sorc... For once sorcs actually seem balanced, can we keep it that way and scrap this stupid weapon idea
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please see the test before just making claims it will be over powered.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a) Shielded targets
    b) Blocking targets

The rest of what you type is pretty much incoherent raging/blabbing with no argument or direction. This game has 3 major types of damage reduction/avoidance. Dodge rolling, shield spamming, perma-blocking. It's been like that since day 1, that's how the game was designed. If you still don't like it at this point and it's rage-inducing for you, then maybe this isn't the right game? I mean it's unlikely that the core mechanics will change any time soon is it?

yes, maybe i need to find a better one.. and stop raging about this..
    Edited by DeHei on September 19, 2017 5:39PM
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    a) Shielded targets
    b) Blocking targets

The funny thing is, he left off the two most important types of damage avoidance. LoS and AoE caps
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    Can we please see the test before just making claims it will be over powered.

No test needed. 28% damagebuff to all with nearly 90-100% uptime. Whenever you now just get the 20% incap damagedebuff from a nightblade and try to survive against the damage the next seconds, you will know what is the future against sorcs.

So now your options are few. Be also a sorc, a permablocker or a nightblade and try to get all damageboosts. A magickanightblade with using that skill and incap is maybe the much bigger horror?! >:)
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Master bow
    Master Daggers
    asylum 2h
    1h + shield maelstrom

offer all bonuses that are equally compelling to what the asylum destro provides from a pvp perspective.

Also most (destrostaff) players already use shock glyphs (on infused or even charged weapons) providing already high uptime on the most interesting status effect (concussed).

Also using the staff comes at the cost of loosing a) a 5p bonus like necropotence or b) loosing access to 2p undaunted sets.

5 necro 5 lich 2 shadowrend is a really strong setup on sorc that already has access to all of the buffs with high uptime except for burning - which loosing necro or lich 5p for does not seem enticing at all.

Also, minor defile poisons are better than shock glyph, not to mention all other manner of nasty other poisons. Quite simply, as a destro user, your front bar glyph should NOT be shock now and should NOT be shock post patch. From a min/max perspective of course

Or you attack an argonian or woodelf where disease glyph can not procc it´s secondary effect at all. No major defile for you. Sad. I´d rather have a glyph with a secondary effect that my opponent can not be immune to by choosing the right race @Lexxypwns

Also a shock glyph deals considerable singletarget dps whereas a poison does not. Vulnerability or defile being probably the worst poison as you gain 8% dmg increase for 3.9s on a 10s timer - compared to concussed 4s 8% dmg increase on a 4s timer + dmg. Main issue with defile is it being useless vs shields.
    The highest uptime for vulnerability/defile with poison you can hope for is 39% / 55% - which you´ll never reach.
    On an infused staff with lightning enchant i average between 40 and 60%.
    On a charged staff i reach over 90%.

You haven´t thought that through - but i don´t blame you. Console and the likes. It´s a lot more gutfeeling when you can´t access combatlogs.
    Edited by Derra on September 19, 2017 6:08PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a) Shielded targets
    b) Blocking targets

The funny thing is, he left off the two most important types of damage avoidance. LoS and AoE caps

You are funny, but not the thing, what we talking about! ;)
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    a) Shielded targets
    b) Blocking targets

Despite the fact that rolling has been destroyed by undodgeable abilities,blocking suffers from dots/unblockable abilities but the only counterplay to shields is wearing a 5 pieces set that's what makes people angry.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ocelot9x wrote: »
    a) Shielded targets
    b) Blocking targets

Despite the fact that rolling has been destroyed by undodgeable abilities,blocking suffers from dots/unblockable abilities but the only counterplay to shields is wearing a 5 pieces set that's what makes people angry.

None of that applies to our subject matter, the Asylum destro staff, since crushing shock is both dodgeable and blockable and shieldable and none of the status effects will proc in that case. So hard to see how people can claim 100% up time in PvP.

And I wouldn't say rolling has been destroyed as such, or that blocking suffers massively both statements are a bit of a hyperbole. Plenty of people doing extremely well in PvP with both types of builds.

If you are to tell me that shields need more down tuning, then you're pretty much preaching to the choir, although this is not the thread for this.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Master bow
    Master Daggers
    asylum 2h
    1h + shield maelstrom

Or you attack an argonian or woodelf where disease glyph can not procc it´s secondary effect at all. No major defile for you. Sad. I´d rather have a glyph with a secondary effect that my opponent can not be immune to by choosing the right race @Lexxypwns

Or you can reroll AD and fight against less woodelves :trollface:
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    a) Shielded targets
    b) Blocking targets

None of that applies to our subject matter, the Asylum destro staff, since crushing shock is both dodgeable and blockable and shieldable and none of the status effects will proc in that case. So hard to see how people can claim 100% up time in PvP.

And I wouldn't say rolling has been destroyed as such, or that blocking suffers massively both statements are a bit of a hyperbole. Plenty of people doing extremely well in PvP with both types of builds.

If you are to tell me that shields need more down tuning, then you're pretty much preaching to the choir, although this is not the thread for this.

I was just answering to your message since it was not correct.
    Also,dodge you can't say that dodging is still effective,because you clearly never played a medium spec.
    To get back in thread, people are complaining about the synergy between asylum weapon and sorcerer because it's the only class that uses force pulse in PvP ATM while other classes will have to give up something if they want the new cheese served.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a) Shielded targets
    b) Blocking targets

The counterplay to shields is dmg + cc - which is a completely reasonable approach for anything but a sorcs stacking shields.
    <Noricum>

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    a) Shielded targets
    b) Blocking targets

Also,dodge you can't say that dodging is still effective,because you clearly never played a medium spec.
    To get back in thread, people are complaining about the synergy between asylum weapon and sorcerer because it's the only class that uses force pulse in PvP ATM while other classes will have to give up something if they want the new cheese served.

Which part was not correct? That people dodge roll, block or use shields to reduce/avoid damage in PvP? Or that this has been the case since day 1? Enlighten me.

I haven't played a medium spec recently (I have a redguard stamknight, but haven't played him in quite a while) but I'm not the measure of whether it's effective or not. I watch streamers wreck face with their medium armour stamina blades using dodge-roll to avoid crap tons of damage, and being able to take on more people at once than I would dare to do.

To get back to the thread, as you said, if the new destro staff has as high up-time as people claim and is so OP then every light armor magicka caster would play it. Especially magicka NBs and Wardens who play ranged caster builds (and to lesser extent Templars). Will the manablades abandon Strife for Pulse? If they do, then Sorcs are not the only beneficiaries. If they don't, then it's simply because it's not as good, despite having to farm a hard-to-get item that buffs that specific skill.

Testing in PTS will reveal the answers to us, but this pre-emptive QQ before people have even tried it is rather hilarious. Like I said, I have severe doubts that up-time will be as high as people claim because of all the different ways you can prevent the status effects from being applied.
    Edited by Maulkin on September 19, 2017 7:03PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    a) Shielded targets
    b) Blocking targets

Which part was not correct? That people dodge roll, block or use shields to reduce/avoid damage in PvP? Or that this has been the case since day 1? Enlighten me.

I haven't played a medium spec recently (I have a redguard stamknight, but haven't played him in quite a while) but I'm not the measure of whether it's effective or not. I watch streamers wreck face with their medium armour stamina blades using dodge-roll to avoid crap tons of damage, and being able to take on more people at once than I would dare to do.

To get back to the thread, as you said, if the new destro staff has as high up-time as people claim and is so OP then every light armor magicka caster would play it. Especially magicka NBs and Wardens who play ranged caster builds (and to lesser extent Templars). Will the manablades abandon Strife for Pulse? If they do, then Sorcs are not the only beneficiaries. If they don't, then it's simply because it's not as good, despite having to farm a hard-to-get item that buffs that specific skill.

Testing in PTS will reveal the answers to us, but this pre-emptive QQ before people have even tried it is rather hilarious. Like I said, I have severe doubts that up-time will be as high as people claim because of all the different ways you can prevent the status effects from being applied.

Your error was considering the three ways of mitigating damage on the same level. They're not equally effective since with te last patches zenimax is killing rolling,while giving blocking sets like impregnable and leaving shielding the same (crap 1vx op af 1v1).
    And please, the argument "streamers r doing fine" is crap. Also I bet that the only playing medium are nighblades.
    About asylum weapons yeah,magwardes can slot it because they lack a spammable too,but as you said if a nb wants to use that he have to drop funnel health giving up one of the core mechanic of his class while sorc has nothing to lose since already spam force pulse.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master bow
    Master Daggers
    asylum 2h
    1h + shield maelstrom

Also a shock glyph deals considerable singletarget dps whereas a poison does not. Vulnerability or defile being probably the worst poison as you gain 8% dmg increase for 3.9s on a 10s timer - compared to concussed 4s 8% dmg increase on a 4s timer + dmg. Main issue with defile is it being useless vs shields.
    The highest uptime for vulnerability/defile with poison you can hope for is 39% / 55% - which you´ll never reach.

You haven´t thought that through - but i don´t blame you. Console and the likes. It´s a lot more gutfeeling when you can´t access combatlogs.

I tested on PC <3 thanks for the assumptions.

If you can't proc the major defile from the disease enchant then you're only doing 8%+ele expert CP more damage with shock glyph anyway. If you can proc the secondary effect then it's hands down superior.

Furthermore, "not effective against shields" is the absolute worst argument against defile imo. Healing ward is stupid expensive and if you shut down the heal on it then you either stop any opportunity for offense or greatly increase your burst window.

Finally, resource poisons outperform any type of glyph:
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 19, 2017 7:26PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a) Shielded targets
    b) Blocking targets

Seriously? Words make you this upsets.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TESTED: You cannot block the status effects from the staff.

You can only shield the status effects if your shield absorbs the entire amount of damage. Igneous isn't large enough to ever absorb it all except perhaps on high health tanks. Ditto for Blazing Shield.

With a crushing shock weave at 2400 magicka per second versus 4100 magicka for a harness magicka, shield users are also not safe from the status effects.
    Edited by NBrookus on September 19, 2017 7:56PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master bow
    Master Daggers
    asylum 2h
    1h + shield maelstrom

I tested on PC <3 thanks for the assumptions.

If you can't proc the major defile from the disease enchant then you're only doing 8%+ele expert CP more damage with shock glyph anyway. If you can proc the secondary effect then it's hands down superior.

Furthermore, "not effective against shields" is the absolute worst argument against defile imo. Healing ward is stupid expensive and if you shut down the heal on it then you either stop any opportunity for offense or greatly increase your burst window.

Finally, resource poisons outperform any type of glyph:

I´d quit the game before i start slotting resource poisons.
    I rather have 8% flat dmg increase on any skill hitting than taking chances of my enchantment not working or being slightly superior (saying that as playing my NB i mostly have issues with high burst not healingdebuffs).

When playing my sorc idgaf if i´m healing debuffed - vulnerability on the other hand makes a noticeable difference.

Saying anyone min maxing isn´t using shock is just flatout wrong/ignorant.
    If you have issues with healing builds you go for disease. Same if you´re low dmg dot oriented.
    If you´re burst focused or have issues with shields you go for concussion.
    Edited by Derra on September 19, 2017 8:29PM
    <Noricum>

• DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    a) Shielded targets
    b) Blocking targets

Seriously? Words make you this upsets.

There will be again too much damage in PvP.. defensive skills are very expensive, so most guys will be nearly oneshotted in 2-3sec without any possibility to handle that damage.

So you just can play a permablockbuild with mass reflective skills or go offensive with same skills. There is the problem, that only 2 classes have good escapes, so again they will be superior..
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

You can only shield the status effects if your shield absorbs the entire amount of damage. Igneous isn't large enough to ever absorb it all except perhaps on high health tanks. Ditto for Blazing Shield.

With a crushing shock weave at 2400 magicka per second versus 4100 magicka for a harness magicka, shield users are also not safe from the status effects.

Tested aswell - interesting not getting any statuseffect proccs at all on shields (which definetly was not the case in one tamriel when i last tested it).

Probably bugged at the same time enchantments bugged out against block?
    <Noricum>

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tested aswell - interesting not getting any statuseffect proccs at all on shields (which definetly was not the case in one tamriel when i last tested it).

I think shields are ignoring status effects at least from Homestead patch. Possibly from the same patch where racial and glyph resistances started doing it.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

I think shields are ignoring status effects at least from Homestead patch. Possibly from the same patch where racial and glyph resistances started doing it.

Makes no sense to me - especially as things like weaponbleeds can procc on shields.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you give insight if status effects not working against damage shields is working as intended?
    <Noricum>