The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fix Falkreath Hold Final Boss Already!

Eliran
Eliran
✭✭✭✭✭
Honestly, such a poor design, shameful really.

So many bugs and overlapping effects, disgusting.

This is most likely the hardest boss in ESO history EVER made for melee players, on the edge on unplayable.

And those 1 shot at 0 range from his fire fists on the ground, just disgusting.

Add a god damn delay of 5 seconds between every ability! all of them come ENDLESSLY IN A ROW.

What the hell?!!?!

Did you even try to play it before releasing it?

I've done every single veteran dungeon 0 death, but this? rofl, this is a whole new level of no sense.

Its not even skill based, its purely RNG and luck based.

Bloodroot is considered harder and yet SO WELL FINISHED, how could this thing happen?

Not to mention that the damage he do is WAYYYYYY over exaggerating, its not even maybe, its literally 1 shot.

And not enough all that I said, EVERY EFFECT HAPPENS ALMOST INSTANTLY! 0.5 delay POOF its up 100% full! now add that buggy overlapping of effect.

Further, if you so called want to make those things, fix the god damn servers first! this content is NOT MADE to be done with 100+ MS.

Explain how to every other game in Europe I have hardly 40, yet to ESO 130, are the servers still located in the US or what?

Just shameful.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a hard boss but very doable with a good team who communicates. I was able to achieve hardmode on my second run on the first try. No death is a bit harder yet but not impossible, most of our deaths were due to bad player skill (myself included) and not the mechanics.

Make sure everyone you're with fully understands the mechanics, spawns, waves and what pillars they should be using.

Regarding the ping, where are you situated? UK I have seen most common ping 40-70, myself on the high end of that due to my slow (10mb) speeds.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not about tactics, 1 hit is death by random things.

That is BS.

You need EXTREME luck to kill it, we wiped so many times on 1% hp.

Even that shield mechanic is bugged, why sometimes it come 1 million at 25% hp and other times at 8% and 100k?

And under 25% he SPAM THE EFFECTS NON STOP, he wont shut up, every second another effect in a row, no time to touch him even.

The Boss is BUGGED 100%.

Fix it.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one hit death is normally the bosses heavy fire attack. Check the death recap to see if it is that.
    If it's indeed that then it means the boss wasn't taunted, he will often not be taunted when he comes out of the immune stone phase meaning your tank needs to be fast to retaunt.

The <25% is known as an execute phase, it means the boss goes crazy with abilities and add waves forcing players to DPS it down.

The phases may come at different times/health percentages because the boss want automatically cancel a phase to start a new one. It's best to learn when the phases come and any time past that percentage understand it will be his next phase when the current one ends.

There are some great YouTube videos out explaining all he mechanics and phases, take a look over them and it might help explain some of the phases.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mate you are not helping because you avoid the issue.

It's broken, simple as that.

I am not a noob, there is no stamina nightblade on youtube that done it, simply because its on the edge of impossible.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because there isn't one on YouTube doesn't mean there are none who have done it. It's also not a greatly popular PvE build right now.

I have done all my runs with a melee DPS in group though and they've been able to DPS the boss fine. There are only two times you can't DPS the boss when the entire centre is on fire (kills adds if they're up) and when he drags everyone inside to summon the small fire rings (lasts a short time) otherwise you should be able to DPS the boss fine during every other phase.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done it in hard mode with a stamina NB in a group.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliran wrote: »
    This is not about tactics, 1 hit is death by random things.

That is BS.

You need EXTREME luck to kill it, we wiped so many times on 1% hp.

Even that shield mechanic is bugged, why sometimes it come 1 million at 25% hp and other times at 8% and 100k?

And under 25% he SPAM THE EFFECTS NON STOP, he wont shut up, every second another effect in a row, no time to touch him even.

The Boss is BUGGED 100%.

Fix it.

Granted, the burn phase is challenging, but the person you were replying to is mostly correct.

I have not seen a one shot in regular vet or HM that could not be avoided. His one shot is something the tank should be taking with block up. The boss winds up for it before releasing it so the tank will know when to block.

The rest, as has been said, is good coordination among the group and good awareness.
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did hard mode with 2 melee 3 times.

Its not bugged. Just a bit hard.
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really not that hard, compares to SotH when it came out. Even WGT way back.

There aren't random 1 shots. You are missing the mechanics
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did it with two melee DPS, me being MagDK and the other Stamplar. At around 20% health the fight gets more chaotic but doable. I would never pug this, communication definitely improves everything. We wiped maybe twice but still managed to get the speed run done. I'm fine with the boss but the only thing I hate is how claustrophobic it is. When he pulls everyone in and you have to back off slowly, a couple times my dumb face kept backing out a little too much into the outer fire ring. Dead vampire.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say if the devs can't beat it easily on hard mode, like their run against Domihaus in that livestream where they definitely didn't do it easy, then they obviously don't have it balanced for the rest of the player-base who doesn't know it and the game as well and may not be as physically capable.

I would like to see them re-enact that domihaus hard mode with gamepads instead of keyboard and mouse though. See if it changes it.
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you're understanding the mechanics.

Every effect is triggered by health levels. They arent really overlapping. That's why a 10% mechanic might not go off till 8%. For example. If you hit the 10% shout while the outer ring is on fire, it has to wait for the fire to clear before it shouts. That 2% is the dps you dished out waiting for the mechanic to finish its cycle.

This fight isn't a DPS race. Knowing when to pull it back will help you dramatically.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snip>

This fight isn't a DPS race. Knowing when to pull it back will help you dramatically.

QFE

There's nothing random about this fight at all. Knowing what causes each different attack/phase to happen is key to a smooth victory here.

Too much dps too fast will cause phases to overlap or happen quick after the last one finishes because the health level of the boss is triggering phases back to back.

You can still get away with dumping all your dps on him like this you just have to know how to deal with the mechanics if you do.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's you.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not a noob, there is no stamina nightblade on youtube that done it, simply because its on the edge of impossible.

Thats BS, Ive done several runs with nb dds (and other stamina builds). I'm not a youtuber, though, so I guess I dont count, but still...
    Nbs actually have evry high dps this patch, which helps a lot.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    I have personally run this with my Stamina Nightblade and they are more than capable of putting out the dps required. Slot Veil of Blades, Endless Hail, Caltrops, and Steel Tornado.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The devs livecasted a video completing this on hard mode with a stamina nightblade lol. It's on YouTube look it up.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There will be moments in this fight where the fire ring and the spinning fire attacks from the boss will be up at the same time. This I think is somewhat luck based, because the fire projectiles are fast and the space is too small to reliably dodge them.

Also what really did *** me off was that the boss sometimes shoots fireballs at groupmembers, and they hit you repeatedly even when you are behind a pillar. This needs fixed asap.
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    <snip>

QFE

There's nothing random about this fight at all. Knowing what causes each different attack/phase to happen is key to a smooth victory here.

Too much dps too fast will cause phases to overlap or happen quick after the last one finishes because the health level of the boss is triggering phases back to back.

You can still get away with dumping all your dps on him like this you just have to know how to deal with the mechanics if you do.

I haven't gone back to do him on vet since the first time I tried and spent 3 hours on him and failing with myself, and all lvl capped good players, but I wanted to thank you for this post. I think the problem we were having was that we were over-dpsing him and causing a lot of the mechanics to overlap. So I just wanted to thank you for posting this! :)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The devs livecasted a video completing this on hard mode with a stamina nightblade lol. It's on YouTube look it up.

Wait wasn't it a magicka nightblade?
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried today for the first time as a stam warden tank 600 CP. Vet was tough and we ended up not beating but. That was because of lacking dps. Never felt like the boss was unfair. Just reliant on huge AoE burst potential.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds like a git gud situation. :|
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried vet with a discord group of guildies and we could not do it after 2 hours of trying. I run 25-28k dps on a target skeleton self buffed for reference. Other dps was putting out slightly more damage than I was. It was always the execute phase that got us. Too many adds. That said it’s fun to know there’s a real challenge out there. It definitely is harder for 2 melee dps though. Good to have one ranged.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 24, 2017 7:13PM
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20% begins the phase we like to call the $&;! Show. Things definitely get exciting.
  • OtisMiller
    OtisMiller
    ✭✭✭

My stamblade main with his Falkreath Skin would like to have a word with you
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone in this thread done no death?

I really hate this fight too, its ruined our no death everytime.
    just like in RoM aswell, they just try and pack all these really *** mechanics back to back and one slightmistake can not be recovered from, and its start again.

that fight imo should be considered HM even with all pillars up, making less pillars doesnt really make it harder, the actual fight itself is just too much.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Laughedgoose675
    If your getting one shot then you have a problem with your tank. I've completed hard mode with a stamblade and a stamDK with me tanking. Follow mechanics and it's easy.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Also what really did *** me off was that the boss sometimes shoots fireballs at groupmembers, and they hit you repeatedly even when you are behind a pillar. This needs fixed asap.
    That's a problem of your tank losing taunt on the boss.

That's not a knock on your tank, though--it's a very easy mistake to make on this particular fight because in the early add phases, the boss becomes immune and untargetable, which disrupts the usual cadence of taunt refresh that a tank typically does. And it's not uncommon for the taunt to have expired by the time the boss exits that immunity phase, and if there are adds up or other mechanics that the tank is busy with, it's easy to forget to retaunt the boss when he becomes tauntable again. It's something that tanks need to be consciously aware of and careful about.

(On that note, @ZOS_Finn - I would suggest that you make the boss targetable during his immunity--the final boss in Mazzatun is targetable during her immunity phases, which makes it possible to make sure that there is a fresh taunt ticking on her the instant she exits immunity; this is not possible in Falkreath because the boss's immunity also makes him untargetable.)
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Mormo
    Mormo
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't need fixed. You just need understanding of the fight. It's hardly one of the hardest boss fights in ESO. Check it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFpN1XQG-yg&amp;t=82s (oh my, stam?!)
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    Mormo
    45K DpS oN NaVi GoDSLaYeR
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can guarantee you that a stamina nb has done it. I know because he was in group when i completed that place on hm. Its not impossible. As others said just need good communication and awareness.

PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage