The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do you experience cheating in PVP?

• Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Frequently.
    I love how how all the cheaters jump on a thread like this and declare....

OP got his terminology wrong = cheating doesnt exist.

I have played this game since beta. I still play on both pc and console weekly. Trust me when I tell you cheating is rampant on pc. It is ridiculously obvious when you play on both platforms.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Dredlord wrote: »
    I have played this game since beta. I still play on both pc and console weekly. Trust me when I tell you cheating is rampant on pc. It is ridiculously obvious when you play on both platforms.

the good old "i'm a beta player, trust me i'm right". The meme never gets old
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Skoomah wrote: »
    I experience cheaters nearly everyday. It ruins the experience and many people I know rage quit because there is no recourse. The cheaters always come back after limited punishment by GMs.

I won't deny cheating, but i rarely see any cheaters (or at least, people that i can suspect about). I can play for weeks/months without finding anyone that can raise my suspicions. Yes i find people using Miat's all day (i'm using it too, even if i hate it, is gives to big of an advantage for me to ignore it), and people using abusing broken sets and things like that, but that is not cheating. The last time i say "this guy must be cheating", it was german lol

More likely you are just calling cheats on people that is better than you, simple as that. This is very common, i've been called cheater a millon times and i'm not even that good at PvP.
    It's completely not fair to the guy who threw the frags.

you think is not fair for cristal frags? try playing a dizzing swing build lol

hahaha there is a alert for that too?
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Skoomah wrote: »
    I experience cheaters nearly everyday. It ruins the experience and many people I know rage quit because there is no recourse. The cheaters always come back after limited punishment by GMs.

I won't deny cheating, but i rarely see any cheaters (or at least, people that i can suspect about). I can play for weeks/months without finding anyone that can raise my suspicions. Yes i find people using Miat's all day (i'm using it too, even if i hate it, is gives to big of an advantage for me to ignore it), and people using abusing broken sets and things like that, but that is not cheating. The last time i say "this guy must be cheating", it was german lol

More likely you are just calling cheats on people that is better than you, simple as that. This is very common, i've been called cheater a millon times and i'm not even that good at PvP.
    It's completely not fair to the guy who threw the frags.

you think is not fair for cristal frags? try playing a dizzing swing build lol

hahaha there is a alert for that too?

yeah miat's addon, and since is have a cast time is 20x times more easy to avoid than cfrags procs. At least frags can be throw in the face giving the enemy no time to react. Is hilarious when you attack a magika character from the back and they "magically" time the dodgeroll with their 10k stam pool with you not even showing up on their screen.
    Edited by ManDraKE on September 15, 2017 8:23PM
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.

Ye, same :D got group report thx to a "i'm playing from beta" guy, which couldnt see me after using detect potion. I used shadow image...
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Frequently.

He's right though - playing on both platforms gives better perspective. On console there is a sort of cap on how "good" players can get as they are limited by intended mechanics and standardized hardware. You see that cap on most PC players too, but you also are more aware of what it looks like to watch those who exceed it.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Frequently.

Sorry you got triggered and had to lash out.

Let me hold your hand through this and clarify. It seems your ego is fragile after reading my post and realising you voted no.

The beta comment was meant to thwart the obligatory "you just dont know the game mechanics" comments from the 'no' crowd.

You should trust me because I play the same game on a platform with next to no cheating and can compare it to pc. The difference is quite obvious.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Solariken wrote: »

He's right though - playing on both platforms gives better perspective. On console there is a sort of cap on how "good" players can get as they are limited by intended mechanics and standardized hardware. You see that cap on most PC players too, but you also are more aware of what it looks like to watch those who exceed it.

Console is general is always more casual than PC, it happens in every cross platform game. The controller limits a lot, mastering a controller is way harder than a keyboard+mouse, in order to get good at PvP in consoles you need to be really good with the controler, in PC is way more easy because keyb+mouse.
    Also playing at 5fps on console will limit you a lot, if the game runs like *** it dosn't matter how good you get at animation canceling.

Yes there is cheating on PC, but is hardly noticeable. When you know you are not cheating and yet you are getting reported on daily basics, is easy to asume that most of the hackusations are just bad players crying. Once i even had to teach for 15mins a dude how to AC and nail a combo from stealth to him to finally admit that i wasn't using a macro to land "7 attacks in 1 second", he even asked me to record my PoV in video and the only thing i was doing was HA with DW (2 hits) into a surprise attack into an incap (also, their definition of "1 second" is hilarious, players really overestimate their reaction times lol). And dont even get me started with the "100% dodge chance dude!"
    Edited by ManDraKE on September 15, 2017 8:46PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love how how all the cheaters jump on a thread like this and declare....

OP got his terminology wrong = cheating doesnt exist.

It is not obvious. On the contrary. Playing on different platforms does not give you more insight, it only pollutes it. Average PC player always performs tiers above average console players in most if not all MP games.

Even if you put two same (skill wise) players against each other with completely same HW. The one with actual combat related add ons will perform much better. And I dont mean Miat, I mean the normal non cheaty addons
    Edited by SodanTok on September 15, 2017 8:50PM
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Frequently.

Console is general is always more casual than PC,

No, and quite frankly it is ignorant of you to say that.

Right now, console is far more competitive than pc. Dont talk out of your ass about something you have no clue. You have just robbed yourself of all credibility there.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Right now, console is far more competitive than pc. Dont talk out of your ass about something you have no clue. You have just robbed yourself of all credibility there.

I wouldn't dare to discuss with a "beta player", i would never be at that level.
    Edited by ManDraKE on September 15, 2017 9:04PM
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Frequently.

I wouldn't dare to discuss with a "beta player", i would never be at that level.

Haha and the best part is your one fanboi that follows you around and agrees to each of your posts and of course I would never be able to compete with that...lol
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Frequently.
    yes, and frequently, its from 1 person hitting me with about 6 attacks in under 1 second, and i know for a fact is not lagg.
    in addition to that people seeing me while i am stealthed from very far away come right to me and attack me.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    SodanTok wrote: »

It is not obvious. On the contrary. Playing on different platforms does not give you more insight, it only pollutes it. Average PC player always performs tiers above average console players in most if not all MP games.

Not necessarily. There are good PS4 Players that could go toe-to-toe with PC players.

The bigger advantage here is: PC is 60fps, console 30fps. Good players on the lower frame rate, without addons will be more reaction based play styles over the more faster pace 60fps /addon PC.

I'm gonna end this post by saying, ESO isn't the best place to discuss something like that. Something like Overwatch from Blizzard would probably be the better gaming platform to compare specs / playstyles too since its more map /team focused and not Open World PvP.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 15, 2017 9:17PM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No ....its not; not even remotely close to competitive as PC.

Don't even get me started on telling the difference between to two. Do you know why it seems like people on PC are cheating compared to Console players? Because Console players aren't that good.

• Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Once in a while.
    There are always a few. Is it rampant? No. There's a lot more complaining about "cheating" than there is actual cheating.
    Shadow hide you.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Frequently.
    Xsorus wrote: »

Don't even get me started on telling the difference between to two. Do you know why it seems like people on PC are cheating compared to Console players? Because Console players aren't that good.

This is a perfect example of ignorance and elitism making babies.

It's like saying the all steroid olympics is more competitive than the real olympics because the athletes are stronger and run faster.
  • RazorCaltrops
    RazorCaltrops
    ✭✭✭
    No.

This 2015 "console pleb" story will never end it seems.

Actually there are a couple of PVPer "plebs" who switched to PC and manage to stay competitive. 5 minutes of Youtube search is enough to realize that.
    Edited by RazorCaltrops on September 16, 2017 12:43AM
    PS4 EU
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Once in a while.

Actually there are a couple of PVPer "plebs" who switched to PC and manage to stay competitive. 5 minutes of Youtube search is enough to realize that.

I've played both and I can say with certainty that the best players I've played with on both servers are the same caliber. In fact, sometimes you see more extraordinary things happen on console since the tier just above bottom tier is worse and contains more players.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 16, 2017 2:45AM
  • alexx169111nrb19_ESO
    alexx169111nrb19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yes. Frequently.
    statistic damag/cheater on contrast st/dmg another enemy player)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Frequently.
    i wish it could stop, but i dont see how
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Option 4 = not anymore.

Ive watched someone in perm mist cloak, ive seen speed hacks, ive seen the sky alight with meteors.

I havent seen any of these in sometime.

I do see people who use key binded block to ani cancel super fast, I see that a lot and you probably do too.

Youre going to die, and no amount of polls or hemming and hawing about it is going to change it.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

the problem are not the good players, i'm sure that good console players can switch to PC and kick ass, i've seen a few console streams playing and there are really *** good, but that is not the point. Most of the console crowd is composed by casual players, not just in ESO, consoles in general are more appealing for casuals, so yes, playing open world PvP in console is way easier than PC. That dosn't mean that good console players are worst than good PC players, is just that there are way more casuals on console so playing openworld pvp feels "easier", not because PC is full of cheaters. If PC if full of something, is crybabies, that's for sure.

I can play for months withouth finding someone i can even suspect of cheating, but some people seems like they can't play 5 minutes withouth finding a cheater, and that people is the people you normaly see in all the 1vX videos and compilations lol. You just have to look at their hacksuations to realize that they don't have the slightly clue about what they are talking about, just take a look at this one:
    yes, and frequently, its from 1 person hitting me with about 6 attacks in under 1 second, and i know for a fact is not lagg.
    in addition to that people seeing me while i am stealthed from very far away come right to me and attack me.

"6 attacks in under 1 second". How much do you want to beat that there weren't 6 attacks, and that it was way more than 1 second? Always the same ridiculous hackusations, they don't even understand the death recap. And ofc the classic hacksation of "i'm stealthed, how did you see me hacker!", when they don't even understand the basic of how stealth works and how to counter it. One dude even argued ingame with my for half an hour because i attacked him while he was in stealth, and when i said i used detect pots he said that "him and everyone in his guild" were sure that if i used a detect pot, he would have been pull out of stealth lol
    Edited by ManDraKE on September 16, 2017 5:17AM
  • alexx169111nrb19_ESO
    alexx169111nrb19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yes. Frequently.
    " no" from players who in eso -0/5 y max)
  • artal
    artal
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    I'm decent player, not even close to the best ones, but i still do my share of 1vx and been accused of cheating so many times.
    I don't understand how or why but shadow image is still one of the big issues with people. Quite often i get accused of cheating cause I "vanished while in the middle of group". But when it comes from people trying to kill my shade its just funny.

People just don't understand game mechanics, just look at certain stam dk's being able to tank loads of people and than do some dmg to them. If you don't understand how (which honestly its not that complicated) it has to be cheats... cmon people, grow pair and admit you were outplayed and congratulate to the guy. 99.9% if cheat accusation is just l2p issue

On the other hand exploiting is here and by that I'm mostly referring to that silly miat alert. I consider that exploiting and ruining experience to many players.

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Bugabuse or exploited mechanics? Yes once in a while.

Gapcloser from sneak without the char appearing.
    Soulassault out of mistform.
    Incap ignoring dodgeroll.

Straightup cheating? Not since the cheatengine incedent.
    Edited by Derra on September 16, 2017 2:59PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Once in a while.
    I've only seen bug abuse. Things like what @Derra mentions. I saw folks going immortal with the Phoenix set, etc.

Haven't seen anything in a while.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    How would you even know for certain.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Frequently.
    All too often by a greatsword user I see one swing that knocks me back and kills me before i even hit the ground. Without a doubt theyre macroers, even if its not that kills constructive gameplay.

Assumption is not an argument.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    All too often by a greatsword user I see one swing that knocks me back and kills me before i even hit the ground. Without a doubt theyre macroers, even if its not that kills constructive gameplay.

Assumption is not an argument.

Lol... Can't beat a good assumptions..... Especially that huge assumption that its caused intentionally and by macro's
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.