Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Allow us to freely choose between morphs

techprince
techprince
✭✭✭✭✭
Put the base skills into morphable state permanently as soon as they hit their max skill level. This will allow everyone to choose whatever morph they like whenever they like. This will encourage some players who doesn't want to keep resetting morphs just to do PvP or PvE. This will also encourage modders to create morph profiles.

Just to clarify, "freely" means on the fly rather than "free of cost".
Edited by techprince on September 8, 2017 5:29PM

Allow us to freely choose between morphs 107 votes

Yes please.
65%
akredon_ESOstatic_rechargeCalculated_RiskPotenzaGraydonbellatrixedrunagateWildWilburQUEZ420radiostarVeoTicussElFonz0WabuFodoreLuminaLillyDarkMatter909acw37162wildbear247Runs 70 votes
No thanks.
34%
DeadlyRecluseQueoPlagueSDKendaricidkPurpleDrankkojouAnnalyseEddybleolsborgtplink3r1CaffeinatedMayhemTandorDMuehlhausenKartalinTaleof2CitiesMcIDymenceBouldercleaveHvzeda 37 votes
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.
    Things are fine as they are.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks.
    Tandor wrote: »

Agreed
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.

Agreed

Agreed
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.

Agreed
    Eddyble wrote: »

Agreed

Agreed

There will always be room for improvement.
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if morph selections worked like changing cp does: you get to adjust the ones you want to change and leave the others alone. That way when I want to change two morphs, I don't have to redo all of them!
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No thanks.
    Hmm...this post was not what I thought it would be... I can see some merit to the OP's request, but it is cheap enough to change morphs if you desire to. I don't think it is something I would want the developers to spend time on though.

Playing since beta...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.
    The costs of changing morphs is fairly low as it is. Not much of a barrier.
  • Queo
    Queo
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks.
    I like the way things are now, it also acts as a bit of gold sink.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.

Cost is not that much of an issue; having to manually reset all the morphs, every time is.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.
    I don't want them freely morphable, but I DO want reset options for single skills and single skill lines.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.
    I would not mind more morph choices tho.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.

^This.^
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

"I don't need this thing, so no one else does either."

Really made me think.

Being able to reset one morph at a time would be great. Having to reset all of them makes me not want to participate in different aspects of the game at times. Example: Daedric Prey vs Haunting Curse. I want the former for pve, and the latter for pvp, but this requires me to spend gold and spend time resetting all my morphs just to change a single morph. It's a poorly thought-out, cumbersome system that discourages build diversity in different parts of the game.

Edited by ecru on September 8, 2017 5:28PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.
    Whatever they chose to do, could be that we can all unlock a certain number of templates, or simply how the system of resetting works - I think there is room for improvement, it's not very user-friendly right now.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the cost, let us change the morphs individually.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.
    But only after you've max leveled both morph options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other - allow us to change specific skills and specific morphs rather then having reset EVERYTHING at the same time. I
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.
    Arthg wrote: »
    Keep the cost, let us change the morphs individually.

Why keep the cost? What is the point of that? Aside from the fact it's pretty cheap, there's no reason to specifically say to keep the cost
    Edited by ThePrinceOfBargains on September 8, 2017 6:50PM
  • Ir0nB34r
    Ir0nB34r
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks.
    Meetre wrote: »
    It would be nice if morph selections worked like changing cp does: you get to adjust the ones you want to change and leave the others alone. That way when I want to change two morphs, I don't have to redo all of them!

This is the only suggestion for improvement I care about. I wanted to change a single morph the other day, but waited until I might want to change some others. I never found a reason to change any other morphs so I reset them all just for the one.
    [XBOX][NA]
    Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    (Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
    "If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the ability to unlock both morphs for a point each but you can only equip one morph at a time ...
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am perfectly content to pay to reset my skills and/or morphs, however I would greatly appreciate the convenience of doing so, in the same way that you change your CP allocations. Charge me the full amount, and then let me make the couple of changes that need to be made. It gets old having to redo all skills/morphs just to make a couple of changes.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.
    techprince wrote: »

Cost is not that much of an issue; having to manually reset all the morphs, every time is.

Great point. Field respec added to ESO+ We could reset skills or morphs in the field without having to go to a shrine.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom maybe this is something worth looking at.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please.
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    I am perfectly content to pay to reset my skills and/or morphs, however I would greatly appreciate the convenience of doing so, in the same way that you change your CP allocations. Charge me the full amount, and then let me make the couple of changes that need to be made. It gets old having to redo all skills/morphs just to make a couple of changes.

Could not agree more with this. When deciding whether I want to do some PvE when I'm using a PvP spec and vice versa, it always becomes a matter of "Do I want to be arsed with going through 5 minutes of loading screens and spending X gold just to change 2 morphs?"
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • VoodooWasser
    VoodooWasser
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone actually read what the op wrote? It should still cost gold in his opinion!

To the topic. I didnt vote because i would love as others wrote that it would be possible to change single morphs and not the whole thing. But i still think it should be at a shrine and not in the middle of a trial or in the desert.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    techprince wrote: »

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

There will always be room for improvement.

...and complaints. A never-ending stream of complaints that can never be satisfied because of the very same ideology, taken up by people who often know very little about the game.

Some complaints are legitimate. Many are complaints put forth for the sake of complaining. Js
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meetre wrote: »
    As I understand this is an coming feature.
    Documenting all the skills and setting them again takes as long as farming the gold for an reset.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be possible and also free of cost.

Prior to Skyrim and its silly perk system, the single player Elder Scrolls games were synonymous with freedom of character development. Skyrim eventually back-pedaled on that likely because of the overwhelming popularity of the various mods which lifted the perk point restriction to give that freedom back to players.

They have the recipe for success. Maybe they just don't want it.
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.
    Just let every morph costs it's skill point, so if I want both morph the skill costs 3 skill point.
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.
    Yes, mostly because it's just annoying when I have to reset /every/ skill to change one morph. I'd rather just pay gold to remorph a single skill and keep the shrine for full skillpoint refunds.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks.
    Rouven wrote: »
    Whatever they chose to do, could be that we can all unlock a certain number of templates, or simply how the system of resetting works - I think there is room for improvement, it's not very user-friendly right now.

When dual talent specs were introduced in WoW, that began the downfall of the game...Careful what you wish for...