The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New crown packs overpriced ?

• Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you clarify what platform you are talking about please?

Have just checked PS Store & there are no price increases as far as I can see. So think you might be talking about pc - ps4 uk players got shafted in the 'sale' -someone somewhere really dislikes us Brits at the moment.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do crap like this all the time. Make lame changes or break things and just hope nobody notices. It's annoying.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disgusting.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I think that's perfectly fair, and I'm grateful for the clarification. It means we're both right of course, it is a price increase and currency fluctuations are the reason. It's a shame they didn't make a proper announcement about it, but nonetheless I look forward to the price being reduced when the currency fluctuation is the other way :wink: !

Yep, I hope it clarifies. Of course for you the result is a price increase, but it's important to distinguish cause and consequence imho. It's not like ZOS suddenly decided to milk their british customers. As to expecting the reverse to happen when due, of course it's legit but the thing is, currency instability is a nightmare for all international businesses. You're always sitting between two chairs because either you have your customers pay (at the risk of loosing them) or to have a loss yourself as a business.

Also when it comes to a product like ESO, distributors also have their say. I know Steam had its own billing and currency rules, Sony and Microsoft probably have their own, so finding a common ground for such decisions is high-skill negotiation. This stuff makes up for a lot of headache - and full-time jobs.

• bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on August 31, 2017 9:28PM
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos are so stupid I can buy 4x 5500 packs get more crowns and spend less lolololol my hod Zos what where you thinking its so funny
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great Britain will get their own megaserver once they leave the EU, so it makes sense to give them higher prices.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price reduction simply won't happen.

I'm appalled that Z0$ might have used currency fluctuation (which constantly changes in one direction or the other) as an excuse to raise the prices of Crown packs so drastically. 25% is beyond a joke.

Yes, people may be fed up with having to do multiple transactions (I personally know that this is irritating), but that is not a reason for this sort of price hike.

ZO$ are doing themselves a disservice as well as their customers, as people will now be far more reluctant to part with their money to feed ZO$'s sheer greed.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    I'm appalled that Z0$ might have used currency fluctuation (which constantly changes in one direction or the other)

This time it's not a short-term "up and down". Look at the graph. The trend is obvious. I'd have decided the same if I had been ZOS. Not to take advantage of the situation - but to not suffer the disadvantage of it.

• Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they didn't learn math at school and become game devs. Just tell everyone to don't buy these new crown packs and maybe they will decrease the price. This is just hilarious, I had a feeling that something is not right about it.
    PC/EU
  • DontBeDead-Claw
    DontBeDead-Claw
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let you all know I have edited to OP and put a bit more information on about what I'm talking about
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    I'm appalled that Z0$ might have used currency fluctuation (which constantly changes in one direction or the other)

This time it's not a short-term "up and down". Look at the graph. The trend is obvious. I'd have decided the same if I had been ZOS. Not to take advantage of the situation - but to not suffer the disadvantage of it.

Then they will need to accept the consequences that they might seen a matching downward trend in their business from the uk. You can defend them all you like but they didn't even have the deceny to pre-warn their uk customers (I mainly refer to their subbed customers here with the increased price of eso+) of this change. Best industry practice that is. To notify of price changes. My gas company do it, my phone company do it, even my damn vet does it. But then best customer practice and consumer protection isn't really a priority in the good old US of A is it? 'Merica!
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blame Brexit, which a whole lot of goobers thought was a good idea or no big deal or are completely oblivious to.

Rising crown costs just the small hints of the pain to come. The slide will become serious when global markets correct.

Esse quam videri.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can defend them all you like but they didn't even have the deceny to pre-warn their uk customers (I mainly refer to their subbed customers here with the increased price of eso+) of this change. Best industry practice that is. To notify of price changes. My gas company do it, my phone company do it, even my damn vet does it.

Oh, I totally agree on that point. Communication would have been appropriate, to say the least...

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 31, 2017 9:32PM
  • DontBeDead-Claw
    DontBeDead-Claw
    ✭✭✭
    How did this turn in to a UK vs USA financial economy war lol
    Edited by DontBeDead-Claw on August 31, 2017 9:36PM
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprising, (not)

It is though interesting how come ZOS never answers or have any excuses for anything like this, and just keep quiet until we shut up. I can tell you this, the chances are higher that this thread will be moved to 'crowns' section before we get an actual answer. Which we honestly won't be answered to. Yet, they do this repeatedly and shamelessly.

EDIT: Just also to mention, i do not live in Britain. I live in Turkey and the price increase has also affect us despite the value increase of our current currency...
    Edited by Geroken777 on August 31, 2017 10:34PM
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ClawmyName wrote: »

So, Russia..
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then they will need to accept the consequences that they might seen a matching downward trend in their business from the uk. You can defend them all you like but they didn't even have the deceny to pre-warn their uk customers (I mainly refer to their subbed customers here with the increased price of eso+) of this change. Best industry practice that is. To notify of price changes. My gas company do it, my phone company do it, even my damn vet does it. But then best customer practice and consumer protection isn't really a priority in the good old US of A is it? 'Merica!

I'm not sure what point you're making here. Are you suggesting that the GB Pound subscription costs have risen too? There's no indication of that on the website (at least for PC, I'm not familiar with console). If anything, the subscription offers additional value to UK customers now because the 1500 crowns included each month are worth more than than before.

In any event, they would have to notify subscribers if they were increasing the subscription cost because of its recurring nature. That's the only reason the other service suppliers you mention do so, it's a legal requirement.
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, the price for ESO+ has gone up? My account page still says I'll be charged 8.99 GDP in September. Which will be £2 cheaper compared to buying 1500 crowns as per the current prices...
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    Czeri wrote: »
    Wait, the price for ESO+ has gone up? My account page still says I'll be charged 8.99 GDP in September. Which will be £2 cheaper compared to buying 1500 crowns as per the current prices...

Looking at the website investigating the crown pack prices, eso+ has increased for PS4. So far Xbox and PC remain the same though.
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been a stealth price increase for Australia as well.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop being greedy ZOS
    I've seen the new crown store items and i swear- they spent ten times more time on those decorations than actually addressing so much broken crap. i get it- ur in the game to make money. but give us what we want- armoury, custom duelling, tournaments, matchmaking, custom deathmatches- stop making housing so stingy- and the community will thrive as it did during one tamriel. when a gaming base is good- the community will do the rest- they ll make the game for you. look at skyrim- that game has been out 10 years- and the public still support it, minecraft- the same. when games die- is when they start doing micros transactions for every feature- i,e. get greedy.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip they deleted my comment about zos employees being ass hats. Sorry guys but do you think people can't do simple math?

Insult my intelligence, get *** on. I hope the community rips you guys apart for this..
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope any UK players who voted for Brexit are happy! We bremoaners warned you about this stuff! :)
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megabear wrote: »
    ClawmyName wrote: »

So, Russia..

Russia has vodka and Tetris. They automatically win.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has gone up $9.95 AUD for Aussies for the 5500 crowns pack. Also, I cannot see the larger packs, only shows the 4 original packs after clicking on Buy Crowns on the website. Haven't checked account page yet.
    Edited by malchior on September 1, 2017 9:03AM
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scumbags, we are talking about a 25% increase in cost for a few pixels that has no associated labour cost to produce other than its design and first implementation.

they should just accept that the GBP has declined, otherwise British punters will simply see it as us being ripped off and sales will undoubtedly go down.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • arpadsweb16_ESO
    arpadsweb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Price is higher in Denmark, Sweden and for Norway as well. This isn't a UK, Pound thing.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlboozer wrote: »
    Optional buying of items are going to kill this game?

Please

So 6000 crown motifs are cool with you?I'm still not over that....
    Cool with me, I didn't buy any of them as they're all* available in game to farm or buy with gold any way.

* with the exception of two.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Price is higher in Denmark, Sweden and for Norway as well. This isn't a UK, Pound thing.

Prices are higher in Poland as well (over 17% higher for 5500 crown packs). Which means I will be buying and spending less. Much less.

Now I wonder if/when there is ESO+ sub increase as well...