The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

New crown packs overpriced ?

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crowns, just like the Microsoft Points of the early days of XBOX are a shameless token grab system that is not pro-consumer. Its that simple.

This is typical of classic Carnival Tickets designed to keep you playing because you will always have extra that you will feel compelled to keep spending money to afford the next item.

Its bad. and we as consumers need to speak with our wallets. Notice how the first dwarven spider was a lot cheaper? then they had a crown sale? then the next dwarven spider was more expensive? they are trying to get you to blow your sale crowns so you will have to buy them at full price again.

I dont blame ZOS - I blame Zenimax Media Inc Parent Company who dictates the marketing team within ZOS. If you really want this to stop - then stop buying crowns and crown crates. Marketing team is designed to push their limits - like a child - and once they know where that limit is, they'll back down.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I don't defend the price increase

It's not a price increase. It's an exchange rate fluctuation.

Not at 25% it isn't.... it's a blatant cash grab under the guise of an exhange rate fluctuation.

5% would be acceptable... 10% would be taking account of a future significant slide (Which looking at the way Brexit is going is almost certain) but 25% is way over the top & is taking advantage of the situation for commercial gain.

I usually defend ZOS on most stuff and can see the bigger picture, working in a not dissimilar industry myself, but I can't see anything here beyond them taking a legitimate reason for a small price hike and exploiting it for increased profits.
    Edited by Flaminir on September 1, 2017 11:47AM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    I dont blame ZOS - I blame Zenimax Media Inc Parent Company who dictates the marketing team within ZOS. If you really want this to stop - then stop buying crowns and crown crates. Marketing team is designed to push their limits - like a child - and once they know where that limit is, they'll back down.

^^THIS^^
    Voucher systems are a trap. The whole crown store system is a trap. The whole season sale system is a trap. All this is scientifically orchestrated to make each and every one of us spend more money.

But I don't blame ZOS, Beth or Zenimax Media for it. Why wouldn't a company benefit from people willing to spend ?
    Look at how many people here keep asking for new crown stuff, when the next crown sale is, when the next crown store showcase is, that crown packs should be bigger, when the next crown crate season starts, when the next crown-only house will be available...
    ZOS can only sell what people want to buy, and people get what they want, ask for, pay for, and ultimately deserve...

Let's rejoice though : the game (and subs) would probably be more expensive without all those people spending in the crown store. And let's be happy that the crown store stays (so far) fairly (not entirely, but fairly) away from anything pay-to-win.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jlboozer wrote: »
    Optional buying of items are going to kill this game?

Please

So 6000 crown motifs are cool with you?I'm still not over that....

Keyword: OPTIONAL (and obtainable in-game)
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come on guys, this is just their plan to increase the value of the subscription. We won't give you anything more. But if we jack up the prices on crowns we can pretend you are getting a better value with your subscription....
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well by what I see in Canadian funds the prices are not jacked. They've just offered larger packs.

-14,000 crown pack costs $129.99 which is the exact same price if you buy 2x 5500 + 1x 3000 packs;
    -21,000 crown pack costs $179.99 which is the better value since 4x 5500 packs gives you 22,000 for $199.96 so it's 1000 crowns less but is also $19.97 cheaper than buying 4x 5500 packs.

Must be some exchange rates then but here it's not jacked up, they just offer larger packs for those who wish to buy more than 5500 at a time without the need of multiple credit card transactions.
  • necr0o
    necr0o
    ✭✭✭
    Yikesss, just saw Australian 5,500 crown pack have gone from $40AUD to $49.95AUD.... -.-

GJ zos
  • danielclarkb16_ESO
    danielclarkb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    I hope any UK players who voted for Brexit are happy! We bremoaners warned you about this stuff! :)

This has nothing to do with Brexit, just greedy companies using it as an excuse to charge more money!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Optional buying of items are going to kill this game?

Please

too late for me....this and the ESO Plus garbage
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geroken777 wrote: »
    Surprising, (not)

It is though interesting how come ZOS never answers or have any excuses for anything like this, and just keep quiet until we shut up. I can tell you this, the chances are higher that this thread will be moved to 'crowns' section before we get an actual answer. Which we honestly won't be answered to. Yet, they do this repeatedly and shamelessly.

EDIT: Just also to mention, i do not live in Britain. I live in Turkey and the price increase has also affect us despite the value increase of our current currency...

As i have predicted, we got moved to CROWNS section BEFORE getting an actual answer we will never get. ZOS, your actions are very vile.
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    I hope any UK players who voted for Brexit are happy! We bremoaners warned you about this stuff! :)

This has nothing to do with Brexit, just greedy companies using it as an excuse to charge more money!

Actually it might - while ZOS crown goods are mainly just pixels that cost little effort to re-colour and perhaps do not therefore need a direct rise to compensate - most companies selling real goods and services do need to change their prices as exchange rates fluctuate especially with how sharply the pound has dropped against key currencies since last June. For example my company have seen IT hardware prices rise quite a lot when we buy from the US because the pound simply buys less.
    Edited by Tavore1138 on September 1, 2017 3:37PM
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • DerpyShadowz
    DerpyShadowz
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot are putting it down to the drop in value of the £, but if this was the true reason then you would at least expect the subscription costs to also increase, which they have not...
    Lurking in the shadows.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wish that we, as the customers, could get some sort of information about this price change from any source, like email, in-game pop up, forum banner/topic, whatever.

Increasing prices in silence and hoping that nobody will notice is so lame.
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no notification about the price increase is very poor customer service.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In CDN the price of the 21,000 crowns is $200.

Now if you buy 5 of the $40 crown pack of 5500 crowns you end up with 27,500 crowns for the same price of $200..someone point out the logic is this? Preferably a Zos employee.
    Edited by BlazingDynamo on September 1, 2017 11:05PM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot are putting it down to the drop in value of the £, but if this was the true reason then you would at least expect the subscription costs to also increase, which they have not...

Yet.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok so still confused as prices for individual crown packs and for ESO plus are still the same in the playstation UK store.....where are people getting the increased figures from?!
  • Tulare_Verlaris
    Tulare_Verlaris
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Ok so still confused as prices for individual crown packs and for ESO plus are still the same in the playstation UK store.....where are people getting the increased figures from?!

The prices on PC in the UK have gone up by 25% for the 5500 crown pack. From £24 to £30. I thought the cost of Crowns was way overpriced before, even though I can comfortably afford either. I used to buy Crowns fairly regularly, but there would need to be something unbelievable on the store for me to ever buy Crowns again at that price. I will just talk with my wallet and keep it shut.

There comes a point where you just have to say "Okay the overpriced p***-take has gone too far now". Now they can just jack up the cost of items (in Crowns) to really silly levels so you get some recolored skin mount for £100. Ha, thanks but no thanks.

Shame, because I like a lot of things they put on the store, but enough is enough (for me).
    Still in the queue, spamming "F"...
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »

The prices on PC in the UK have gone up by 25% for the 5500 crown pack. From £24 to £30. I thought the cost of Crowns was way overpriced before, even though I can comfortably afford either. I used to buy Crowns fairly regularly, but there would need to be something unbelievable on the store for me to ever buy Crowns again at that price. I will just talk with my wallet and keep it shut.

There comes a point where you just have to say "Okay the overpriced p***-take has gone too far now". Now they can just jack up the cost of items (in Crowns) to really silly levels so you get some recolored skin mount for £100. Ha, thanks but no thanks.

Shame, because I like a lot of things they put on the store, but enough is enough (for me).

Thanks - was confused as someone said it was ps4 also. Thought was pc.

Agree with all you say. PS4 UK players didn't get the same discount as others in the recent sale - and now this!

I too used to buy crowns/stuff in the crown store but recently have baulked at the cost - always convert it into actual £ to see just how silly the price is. And in the end it's just pixels......
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked PS4 crown prices again , on my iPad if this makes a difference . It seems 5500 crowns are still £24 but the large packs have disappeared .
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, Zos, your greed is only exceded by your foolishness...
  • jcf190b14_ESO
    jcf190b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, everyone. From time to time, we need to update the pricing for some of our products to reflect the current exchange rates. Crown Packs were due for an update as we haven’t adjusted the prices since they were released, and as such, the prices for some territories have either increased or decreased.
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, everyone. From time to time, we need to update the pricing for some of our products to reflect the current exchange rates. Crown Packs were due for an update as we haven’t adjusted the prices since they were released, and as such, the prices for some territories have either increased or decreased.

Where is this from? Sounds like a bad reason. My currency is increasing in price itself compared to USD (I have TL/TRY, Turkish currency). Well, good job ZOS.

aop7YwuBTyq2E3NhcylcQA.png

Not a signifcant decrease, but a decrease that does change the prices afterall.
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geroken777 wrote: »

Where is this from? Sounds like a bad reason. My currency is increasing in price itself compared to USD (I have TL/TRY, Turkish currency). Well, good job ZOS.

aop7YwuBTyq2E3NhcylcQA.png

Not a signifcant decrease, but a decrease that does change the prices afterall.

No. You took the "1 week" option, and the prices have been raised before this very short term drop. If you look at the long term curve, the Turkish currency has increased. Currency rates are definitely not a valid explanation when it comes to the prices in Turkey.

• Dayth
    Dayth
    ✭✭✭
    This price hike is insane, I can't believe they didn't inform us before hand or that they haven't even replied to our concerns yet.

Flaminir wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    I don't defend the price increase

It's not a price increase. It's an exchange rate fluctuation.

Not at 25% it isn't.... it's a blatant cash grab under the guise of an exhange rate fluctuation.

5% would be acceptable... 10% would be taking account of a future significant slide (Which looking at the way Brexit is going is almost certain) but 25% is way over the top & is taking advantage of the situation for commercial gain.

I usually defend ZOS on most stuff and can see the bigger picture, working in a not dissimilar industry myself, but I can't see anything here beyond them taking a legitimate reason for a small price hike and exploiting it for increased profits.

Agreed, I think it's hit the point where I just won't buy any more crowns, I've bought a significant amount in the past. A decent amount of items in the store were overpriced but throwing in a 25% increase on top of that is just unacceptable.

Their tendency to ignore these problems means we can only really speak with our wallets, maybe withholding purchases for a while will make a response more likely.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    necr0o wrote: »
    Yikesss, just saw Australian 5,500 crown pack have gone from $40AUD to $49.95AUD.... -.-

GJ zos

Yeah, its abosolutely rediculous... its bad enough Australians have to pay more for games in general, then you have the big suits at Zenimax rubbing their hands together in evil, basically screwing Australians over even more >:(
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • HugsAlotOfBosmer
    Great Britain will get their own megaserver once they leave the EU, so it makes sense to give them higher prices.

Wut, what do ya even mean? by this logic, Norway, Switzerland and other non-EU countries would have their own megaserver