The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New crown packs overpriced ?

DontBeDead-Claw
DontBeDead-Claw
✭✭✭
So £73.99 for 14000 crowns and £109.99 for 21000 crowns
3x 5500 crowns = 16500 crowns at £71.97
4x 5500 crowns = 22000 crowns at £95.96

OK for some people that dont get what I'm saying all prices are the same as before they added the two new crown packs, just its cheaper to buy 3x 5500 crowns and 4x 5500 crowns then buy the two new packs lol

PlayStation EU

All I'm saying is why spend £109.99 pounds for 21k crown when you can spent £95.96 pounds for 22k crowns

And why spend £73.99 pounds for 14k crowns when you can spend £71.97 pounds for 16.5k crowns

Edited by DontBeDead-Claw on August 31, 2017 9:32PM
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shhh, you weren't supposed to notice.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • DontBeDead-Claw
    DontBeDead-Claw
    ✭✭✭
    Lol
  • OC_Justice
    OC_Justice
    ✭✭✭
    I think I noticed this same pricing scheme at many guild traders.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the USD portion of things:

750 crown pack ≈ 93.867 crowns per dollar
    1500 crown pack ≈ 100.067 crowns per dollar
    3000 crown pack ≈ 120.048 crowns per dollar
    5500 crown pack ≈ 137.534 crowns per dollar
    14000 crown pack ≈ 140.014 crowns per dollar
    21000 crown pack ≈ 140.009 crowns per dollar
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You missed that they put the 5500 one up to £29.99, A 25% increase which is significantly over any inflation rate.

The grred monster is running amok at ZoS.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • DontBeDead-Claw
    DontBeDead-Claw
    ✭✭✭
    Its still at £23.99 on PSN EU at the minute, guessing that will change soon tho then lol
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    You missed that they put the 5500 one up to £29.99, A 25% increase which is significantly over any inflation rate.

The grred monster is running amok at ZoS.

and we thought the OP had noticed a whopper...you just showed an even bigger one...holy cash-grab Bat Man
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another sign that this game is about to die... soon!
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! So lame ZO$.
    PC-NA
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the "fewer clicks" surcharge
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crown store is what will eventually kill this game...greed is a MF!
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, the price increase is in the british currency ONLY. Prices in USD and EUR are unchanged. ZOS ain't "greedy". Well, at least not on this specific occasion. They're just adapting to the british pound loosing value. It does not reflect a change in policy regarding the crown store or crowns.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 31, 2017 7:32PM
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlboozer wrote: »
    The crown store is what will eventually kill this game...greed is a MF!

Agreed, guess they haven't learned about the Diablo 3 fiasco with the Auction House. People abandoned the game and just a few returned after they removed it (myself included). I only played it a bit because of the new Necromancer class.
    Edited by jcaceresw on August 31, 2017 7:29PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always, the market will dictate whether the new prices are a success or have to be rescinded.

As for the new bulk deals, those were specifically asked for by the players as it was considered absurd that you had to undertake several separate transactions to obtain more than 5,500 crowns.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Optional buying of items are going to kill this game?

Please
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I can't say I'm surprised though. There definitely seems to be some crazy greed going on with Zo$. The prices of things alone in the crown store were a good indication a long time ago. You can buy the entire game and all DLC for the price of some of the housing and the houses don't really even do anything. Then you have chapters like Morrowind that are obviously geared towards drawing in new players with just 1 raid for end game players. The sad part is people will still keep buying crowns anyway just now in bigger more expensive packs when hitting Zo$ in the wallet instead by not buying that stuff is probably the only way to get them to wise up.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please

So 6000 crown motifs are cool with you?I'm still not over that....
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seedubsrun wrote: »
    Wow. I can't say I'm surprised though. There definitely seems to be some crazy greed going on with Zo$. The prices of things alone in the crown store were a good indication a long time ago. You can buy the entire game and all DLC for the price of some of the housing and the houses don't really even do anything. Then you have chapters like Morrowind that are obviously geared towards drawing in new players with just 1 raid for end game players. The sad part is people will still keep buying crowns anyway just now in bigger more expensive packs when hitting Zo$ in the wallet instead by not buying that stuff is probably the only way to get them to wise up.

That's because other players don't necessarily share your opinion. Many consider housing to be very functional for their purposes and if they consider the new prices to be reasonable value for money then they're perfectly justified in buying more crowns.

Some players have always bought crowns in large amounts, they've just had to do so in multiple transactions and they therefore asked ZOS to make bigger bundles available. It's a sign of good business, not greed, to provide what the customer wants! I don't defend the price increase, but I have no issue with the new bundles although I won't be buying them. I'm glad I bought my 5,500 crowns at last week's prices!
    Edited by Tandor on August 31, 2017 7:40PM
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    so, less crowns for buying the big package compared to multiple purchases of smaller packages at previous price? but to say its a deal now the price of the previous biggest package has increased? Sounds like the last crown sale either went really bad or really good. Also, sounds like the last time I'll be buying crowns specifically unless its like a 60% sale to make it equivalent to what we just had.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I don't defend the price increase

It's not a price increase. It's an exchange rate fluctuation.

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please

Are you surprised? People are stupid. :)

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • DontBeDead-Claw
    DontBeDead-Claw
    ✭✭✭
    So your saying there charging £15 more and 1k crowns less with the 21k crowns pack that cost £109.99 compared to 4x 5500 crowns (22k crowns) at £95.96 because of the exchange rate fluctuation of the UK
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A theory that would be more plausible if the pound price had gone down when the currency went in the other direction. It may be their excuse but it is probably not the reason.

GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    As always, the market will dictate whether the new prices are a success or have to be rescinded.

As for the new bulk deals, those were specifically asked for by the players as it was considered absurd that you had to undertake several separate transactions to obtain more than 5,500 crowns.

It is absurd that you can't specify a quantity.
    I've never seen a on line order form where you could not specify the quantity.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »

Virtually any game where you purchase an in-game currency for microtransactions has static numbers for their bundles, ranging from "eh, it's only 99 cents for 500" to "I just won the BINGO lottery, I can afford these 100,000,000 Candybucks"
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »

A theory that would be more plausible if the pound price had gone down when the currency went in the other direction. It may be their excuse but it is probably not the reason.

Valid point.
    However, the prices have remained the same in USD and EUR, so you cannot talk about a global price increase.
    I guess those of us who are paying in swiss francs, in russian currency or whatever other currencies "suffer" price variations every month.
    I suppose ZOS financial department simply chose to not bill based on GBP anymore.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 31, 2017 8:03PM
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    I find this disgusting. This will be why they just had that sale. To soften the blow so to speak. My question now is does this mean we might see the price of ESO plus now increase too?

Edit: Answer to my question, yes they have increased the price of eso! Only a few quid but its the principle. No email to us current subscribers that I have seen telling us of this increase which would be industry best practice to do. Even my scammy phone company pre-warns of increases in price.
    Edited by StrawberryKitsune on August 31, 2017 8:10PM
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Reivax wrote: »

Virtually any game where you purchase an in-game currency for microtransactions has static numbers for their bundles, ranging from "eh, it's only 99 cents for 500" to "I just won the BINGO lottery, I can afford these 100,000,000 Candybucks"

No, that's not what I mean, I mean that you can't purchase 2 x 5500 packs at same time. You have to purchase one 5500 pack, then completely finish that transaction, then start a completely new transaction and bu the second 5500 pack.
    I don't mean specifying the exact quantity of crowns.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find this disgusting. This will be why they just had that sale. To soften the blow so to speak. My question now is does this mean we might see the price of ESO plus now increase too?

Edit: Answer to my question, yes they have increased the price of eso! Only a few quid but its the principle. No email to us current subscribers that I have seen telling us of this increase which would be industry best practice to do. Even my scammy phone company pre-warns of increases in price.

D9uNOQJ.jpg

What did you expect ZOS to do ? Pay the difference ? Well, they could have, and they probably would have, if it had been a short term scenario. But apparently they decided to see it as a long term trend and to adjust.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

D9uNOQJ.jpg

What did you expect ZOS to do ? Pay the difference ? Well, they could have, and they probably would have, if it had been a short term scenario. But apparently they decided to see it as a long term trend and to adjust.

I think that's perfectly fair, and I'm grateful for the clarification. It means we're both right of course, it is a price increase and currency fluctuations are the reason. It's a shame they didn't make a proper announcement about it, but nonetheless I look forward to the price being reduced when the currency fluctuation is the other way :wink: !