The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crowns Sale announced but where is it? PS4 UK

• Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    image.jpg
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    This is what I see on the Taiwan/Asia PS4 store. The 5500 crowns packs has no discount.
    The other packs seem to have a slight discount, but as you can see there is no mention of the discount itself and original price. I can't remember what the original prices are. Does anyone know the original prices to compare ?

I will wait until it gets fixed before I buy.

Thanks
    Edited by Zedrian on August 24, 2017 7:20PM
  • Xavium
    Xavium
    Just to add as well they have changed the wording on the log in screen, now it says up to 40% for those of us in PS4 EU
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is without feedback from ZoS saying otherwise this might get resolved and we see the 40% offer.

Regardless of the changes to the page it makes sense to wait, especially if the complaints grow and they realise how stupid a move it is.

Of course the longer it goes on, the less inclined I'll be to spend any cash, plenty of other places to drop it without a sour taste.

I feel sorry for Gina and Jessica in these situations, they get stuck in the firing line and the suits at the back get to ignore us. Shame the suits can't come here to post and explain why they feel that we are not "worthy" of the same deal as everyone else.
    EU PS4
  • x_t7ink_x
    x_t7ink_x
    ✭✭✭
    Thing is without feedback from ZoS saying otherwise this might get resolved and we see the 40% offer.

Regardless of the changes to the page it makes sense to wait, especially if the complaints grow and they realise how stupid a move it is.

Of course the longer it goes on, the less inclined I'll be to spend any cash, plenty of other places to drop it without a sour taste.

I feel sorry for Gina and Jessica in these situations, they get stuck in the firing line and the suits at the back get to ignore us. Shame the suits can't come here to post and explain why they feel that we are not "worthy" of the same deal as everyone else.

I agree they may still honour the 40% HOWEVER that does not excuse the lack of information or feedback. Also Jessica and the others get paid to do this, its their job and they work for ZOS, they are out feedback channel at the end of the day. Noone has been rude or discourteous to them. The only people I feel sorry for are those waisting their time having to complain on a forum instead of getting to take advantage of the speacial offer and get on with their gaming time like everyone else.
    PS4 EU AD

Vet 16 DK High Elf Tank
    Vet 16 Templar High Elf
    Vet 2 Sorc High Elf
    Vet 1 Mageblade Breton
    Baby Stamplar Redguard
    Baby Stamblade R.I.P.

'If your looking for Whit, I'd say you're half way there''

Raiders of the Lost Maw GM - http://raidersofthelostmaw.wix.com/home
    - https://www.facebook.com/groups/253838968292827/
    Community Page owner 1.2k members - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElderScrollsOnlinePS4EU/
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really bad I'm hoping other players have seen this, otherwise they are going to be at a loss when they buy crown now! Many people only check the general forums And the fact that two forums got taken down almost instantly in general about this is terrible. I'm hoping none of you have bought any yet! :)
    Edited by AnviOfVai on August 24, 2017 7:45PM
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sony's infamous customer service + ZoS' infamous communication dept = the current shambles.

The perfect storm some may say. keep up the good work as it's nothing but a complete farce and the fact forum staff are saying everything is rosy is ZoS doing what ZoS do best. Seriously, 10/10
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AnviOfVai wrote: »
    This is really bad I'm hoping other players have seen this, otherwise they are going to be at a loss when they buy crown now! Many people only check the general forums And the fact that two forums got taken down almost instantly in general about this is terrible. I'm hoping none of you have bought any yet! :)

Whether it's advertised or not, I don't see the crowns getting a further reduction this time around. We've already had them come in and said everything is as it should be. Yeah, they should reduce them further, but it ain't gonna happen for the reason you yourself have stated. The only way people wouldn't feel short changed now is if Sony refunded them [the paying customers] the difference and that ain't gonna happen.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns with us. When we have sales, retailer discounts can vary by platform, company, purchase location and exchange rate. Ultimately, we can recommend pricing but retail prices are set by the retailer, not the publisher or developer. We often don't learn what the final retailer pricing will be until it's live, as in this case. We will make note in the future that sale prices can vary by territory.

After double checking with our European offices and first party partners, we have confirmed that the sale discounts and pricing are correct for all platforms and regions.

We apologize for any confusion. Thank you for your support.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • jadec22
    jadec22
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns with us. When we have sales, retailer discounts can vary by platform, company, purchase location and exchange rate. Ultimately, we can recommend pricing but retail prices are set by the retailer, not the publisher or developer. We often don't learn what the final retailer pricing will be until it's live, as in this case. We will make note in the future that sale prices can vary by territory.

After double checking with our European offices and first party partners, we have confirmed that the sale discounts and pricing are correct for all platforms and regions.

We apologize for any confusion. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for the info, but I won't bother buying any other crowns in this case. Every other crown sale has seen the full discount and the % discount has matched what those in the US have gotten on PS4, so I'd be interested to know what's made it different this time round?
  • IHecate
    IHecate
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS, now I'm stocked up and looking forward to buying the Linchal Grand Manor when it comes out. Thanks for getting this fixed for us.
  • montyake
    montyake
    ✭✭
    IHecate wrote: »
    Thank you ZOS, now I'm stocked up and looking forward to buying the Linchal Grand Manor when it comes out. Thanks for getting this fixed for us.

They didn't get this fixed for UK PS4 users! Who's up for a boycott of this sale period? I sure won't be buying any crowns.
    Professional S'wit
  • peda
    peda
    ✭✭✭
    Boycott. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, if you are talking to your retail partner Sony, it would be great to hear their reason for giving a smaller discount exclusively to UK ps4 players more than the rest of the world
    AD Nightblade - EP Sorcerer - DC Warden
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol so you're all going to be so dirty to hear that it's a 50% discount on the 5500 crowns for Australian PC players then????
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    Lol so you're all going to be so dirty to hear that it's a 50% discount on the 5500 crowns for Australian PC players then????

im sure they would be dirty that you think $24 is 50% of $40.
  • SINON_NIGHTBLADE
    SINON_NIGHTBLADE
    Soul Shriven

50% USA PC PLAYERS
  • SINON_NIGHTBLADE
    SINON_NIGHTBLADE
    Soul Shriven
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    SirDopey wrote: »

im sure they would be dirty that you think $24 is 50% of $40.

WELL THE CROWN TO REAL WORL MONEY RATE IS UNSTABLE NOTHING SET IN STONE
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Xavium wrote: »
    Just to add as well they have changed the wording on the log in screen, now it says up to 40% for those of us in PS4 EU

I think that the "up to 40%" normally refers to the various sizes of packs on offer: 40% for the largest, significantly less for the smallest.

Expanding this "umbrella" in an attempt to claim that the offer is location specific is misleading at best; it is something entirely different at worst.
  • x_t7ink_x
    x_t7ink_x
    ✭✭✭
    Its fine theyve breached UK trading laws @ZOS_JessicaFolsom pleass pass this on and i welcome everyone to join in and lodge your own complaint. ASA clearly states that if you advertise an 'upto' it must be applied to at least 10% of your customer's at the top offered rate. As you advertised upto 40% off for everyone and dod not specify when the original add was places and t&cs of location base, you are therefore not living upto your advertisement and legally anyone in the UK has a case against you.
    PS4 EU AD

Vet 16 DK High Elf Tank
    Vet 16 Templar High Elf
    Vet 2 Sorc High Elf
    Vet 1 Mageblade Breton
    Baby Stamplar Redguard
    Baby Stamblade R.I.P.

Community Page owner 1.2k members - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElderScrollsOnlinePS4EU/
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I'm too disappointed tbh. My playtime in ESO has dropped off considerably and I would have probably spent around £60 on 22k crowns, which would have made little sense anyhow, but now I can keep the cash for upcoming games.

The 40% claim on the PS4 EU/UK log in screen needs removed though, as it's blatantly misleading and in no shape or form representative of the deal being offered.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How I love a response that doesn't actually explain anything clearly at all.

So, if I understand correctly, this is the fault of Sony/Playstation and not Zos? If I am going to formally complain I don't want to waste time directing it at the wrong company.
  • x_t7ink_x
    x_t7ink_x
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    How I love a response that doesn't actually explain anything clearly at all.

So, if I understand correctly, this is the fault of Sony/Playstation and not Zos? If I am going to formally complain I don't want to waste time directing it at the wrong company.

ZOS is the one thats in breach of UK advertisement/trading laws as they are the ones that displayed the advert. Whether its playstations fault for the discount applied is not relevant as they never advertised higher than 29% ZOS advertised upto 40% and none of the UK customers have received the highest discount, as its displayed in (reaching) a UK consumer base theyve breached the law essentially in a nut shell
    PS4 EU AD

Vet 16 DK High Elf Tank
    Vet 16 Templar High Elf
    Vet 2 Sorc High Elf
    Vet 1 Mageblade Breton
    Baby Stamplar Redguard
    Baby Stamblade R.I.P.

• iGuavaTH
    iGuavaTH
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Zero percent (0%) discount at Thai PSN.

Why do you always forget about Asia?
  • peda
    peda
    ✭✭✭
    Sony operates a twitter-based "live" support in the UK. I just sent these tweets to them and I'll keep you guys updated when they reply.
    zYOHOA6.png
  • Chackan
    Chackan
    ✭✭
    Well, bought 3000 Crowns for the full price because the sale went up only about 1hour after :|

No matter! All DLC are mine now, all I need now is to wait for the Horns of the Reach to launch on PS4 :)
  • peda
    peda
    ✭✭✭
    I have also sent the specific post where @ZOS_JessicaFolsom mentioned that it was the retailer who set the price.

Still no response from the AskPS_UK account. Hopefully, Jessica and the team in Europe are still in conversation with the retailer trying to get either 1) The discount changed to match the rest of the darn world, or 2) Word from Sony about why they changed the price in this sale for the UK only.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @peda

Excellent work - thank you!
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with your 29% discount you are paying less for the 5500 crowns than we are in Australia. Your price of 17 pounds converts to ~$27.50 AUD. The 39% discount in Australia we get and we are paying ~$32 AUD converts to ~19.75 pounds.

Count your blessings?
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • peda
    peda
    ✭✭✭
    Even with your 29% discount you are paying less for the 5500 crowns than we are in Australia. Your price of 17 pounds converts to ~$27.50 AUD. The 39% discount in Australia we get and we are paying ~$32 AUD converts to ~19.75 pounds.

Count your blessings?

I mean, yeah- it would take a certain amount of swallowing of pride to accept "defeat" in this issue, and the thought of Xbox and other regions still paying more, but at the end of the day we are still offered a much smaller discount than was advertised, and frankly what we have come to expect.

It's more of a thing of principal that we're still pretty angry about this, and they way that both ZOS and Sony have handled it.

Also, I've been to Aus; games in general there are hella expensive man. I'm sorry you gotta put up with that crap all the time. Can't even imagine not having Amazon be more than a digital download service.
  • peda
    peda
    ✭✭✭
    So PlayStation's UK support claim to have "no information on pricing within the store".

76m0WsX.png

As you can see I asked for further help, for who the PS UK support can suggest we reach out to. Still awaiting response.
  • peda
    peda
    ✭✭✭
    I've now asked the official PlayStation UK account about it, hopefully they might have some info to help.

swTXltU.png

If Sony keep giving us the runaround, then I'm sure that @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and co will have better luck knowing who to talk to at Sony/PlayStation about it afterall, the game's publisher puts the game on the store somehow, so they'll have contacts, and Jessica was helpful in getting word to the EU team and Sony when the sale wasn't up for us.