The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which add-ons are essential, do you think?

agegarton
agegarton
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
There are a HUGE number of add-ons available for ESO right now. So, which are on your "must have" list for HotR, and why......? Please state what you use the add-on for, too - for example, good add-ons for Healers, or Crafters, PVP, Guild Management, etc. :)

(I haven't seen a thread like this for a little while, and I'm compiling some information for a project. I appreciate your support).
  • Makarion
    Makarion
    ✭✭
    By and large, the addon names are self-explanatory.

Necessities:

Master Merchant - trading
    AwesomeGuildStore - trading
    FurniturePreview - crafting
    GodSend - guild mail
    HarvestMap - farming / exploration
    LoreBooks - exploration
    Potion Maker - alchemy crafting
    Srendarr - buff tracking

Nice:

ESO Master Recipe List - cooking crafting
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter - crafting
    Advanced Filters
    AI Research Grid - crafting
    CookeryWiz - crafting
    Crafting Preview (Armor)
    Harven's Extended Stats
    Harven's Improved Skills
    Lost Treasure - exploration
    Roomba (stacking)
    SkyShards - exploration
    Writworthy - crafting
    Dyer - RP
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makarion wrote: »
    Furniture Preview - Crafting

Is no longer necessary, as ZOS has now implemented that in the newest patch.
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no add on is necessary

console players are able to play the game without them - so can you!
  • Makarion
    Makarion
    ✭✭
    no add on is necessary

I could, but I may not want to. Thus, I consider them necessary. I likewise could play the game without ESO+, but I'd not find the experience worthwhile (that crafting bag is pretty much mandatory for me).
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Merchant IS only useful when you have joined at least one trade guild or more; b/c it sourced from actual sales from the guild you've joined, simple. Ciao ciao for most randoms who just want to buy things and avoid rip-off.

Tamriel Trade Centre + AwesomeGuildStore are essential for buy/sell imo. TTC's data (avg/min/max, lists/items) are more comprehensive b/c it sourced from all addon users with autosyn client ON. I've seen lots of MM data, typically price checkers in zone chat, are seriously outdated.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no add on is necessary

I could, but I may not want to. Thus, I consider them necessary. I likewise could play the game without ESO+, but I'd not find the experience worthwhile (that crafting bag is pretty much mandatory for me).

to me the wrords necessary & essential suggest that the game does not function without this or that add on

whereas in reality the add ons allow you to play the way you want

there is a difference between need & want,
    or example i need clean & fresh water to live, i want a coffee!
    Edited by bebynnag on August 18, 2017 6:54AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LoreBooks and SkyShards are essential. I'll let you guess what I use them for. :) Similarly Lost Treasure for treasure map locations.

MasterMerchant and Advanced Filters help a lot with the economic side of the game. Advanced Filters is also great for general inventory management.

Awesome Info is good enough for me; I don't need fancier toolbars.

None of the minimaps seems to work well right now, which makes me sad.

I use AlphaGear Lives, which is OK but buggy. Is there anything better for quick build changes?

Somebody in each guild needs Roomba for bank management.

Undaunted Daily is a nice-to-have that tells you the day's pledges.

I've tried a variety of combat info aids, buff trackers, stats collectors, etc. I'm not in love with any particular combo. I look forward to seeing what other people prefer.

Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 18, 2017 9:31AM
  • Makarion
    Makarion
    ✭✭
    Master Merchant IS only useful when you have joined at least one trade guild or more; b/c it sourced from actual sales from the guild you've joined, simple. Ciao ciao for most randoms who just want to buy things and avoid rip-off.

Tamriel Trade Centre + AwesomeGuildStore are essential for buy/sell imo. TTC's data (avg/min/max, lists/items) are more comprehensive b/c it sourced from all addon users with autosyn client ON. I've seen lots of MM data, typically price checkers in zone chat, are seriously outdated.

Fair enough. I'm in a Rawl'ka guild and two other trade guilds, so TTC isn't any use to me - it's generally more out of date than MM in my specific circumstance. I do agree it is useful for more economically-casual players.
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried a variety of combat info aids, buff trackers, stats collectors, etc. I'm not in love with any particular combo. I look forward to seeing what other people prefer.

Personally I use a combo of AUI + Srendarr, and I think it looks pretty decent.

leoYU1U.png
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
  • mikeleg34_ESO
    That's easy... The one's you can't play without.
  • Thrymbauld
    Thrymbauld
    ✭✭✭

to me the wrords necessary & essential suggest that the game does not function without this or that add on

or example i need clean & fresh water to live, i want a coffee!

Except this is a game---entertainment.

In order to play this game and be entertained, there are certain mods I NEED, or it will cease to be entertaining, hence cease to function in its intended form.

Personally, that list is pretty small. I like having a different UI and a DPS tracker to be able to help me improve, among others.

I'd literally stop playing alts and eventually the game itself without stuff like the lorebook finders and Skyshards because seriously, sleuthing those things out isn't my idea of a good time----the game doesn't function as entertainment for me without them.
    Edited by Thrymbauld on August 18, 2017 7:11AM
  • Einhelm
    Einhelm
    1. Lorebooks and Skyshards are absolutely essential.
    2. Dressing Room is essential if you have two or more sets of gear and/or separate action bar setups for different purposes.
    3. Destinations is fantastic for putting useful icons on your map, like delve bosses, WBs, quest starters, vampire/werewolf shrines, achievement locations, etc.
    4. Advanced UI is great for inventory management.
    5. TraitBuddy is fantastic for trait research in crafting.
    6. AUI is great for various UI tweaks and the minimap and works fine even after the latest DLC patch. Its minimap is also the one that has the best performance (other minimap addons can cause framerate freezes, etc).
    7. Smarter Autoloot is great for auto-looting some types of items but not all (e.g. gold, or crafting components if you have ESO+).
    8. WritWorthy is essential if you do master writs in crafting.
    9. ESO Master Recipe List is essential if you do Provisioning crafting.
    10. HarvestMap is essential if you farm crafting components or things like chests.
    Edited by Einhelm on August 18, 2017 7:18AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Merchant
    TTC
    Swap Skills Continued
    Awesome guild store
    Lorebooks
    Skyshards
    Decon Junk Marker
    Harvest Map
    Dressing Room
    Inventory Insight
    Combat Metrics

IMO, these are the add ons that are entirely necessary. Playing the game without these would be a seriously terrible experience (console).

The rest, such as UI add ons, are up to personal preference.
    Edited by Betsararie on August 18, 2017 10:45PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks very much to all people who write addons! :)

NoThankYou - this is amazing thing, simply a must. Not a subscriber and your simple bag doesn't render? Not a problem, other players will never see you opening your inventory, unless you want them to :) And you will never be seen reading the map - you will appear as person who always knows where to go :smiley: And you can appear as very alert person, while you actually look at how much crit resist you have :D And many more very useful perks.
    UnlimitedCameraZoom - very old but very needed addon if you like to watch at your character closely.
    CraftStore - this is so essential for me, that when after update it doesn't work for some time, I don't do crafting at all... :o It has everything!
    Inventory Insight - I used to have text file with list of all gear each of my characters stores... It was awful, and then I discovered this beautiful addon <3
    FoundryTacticalCombat - also a must for me. To see all my buffs, debuffs, how much damage I do and receive, and reading combat log after some fights.
    Harvest Map - I still use very old version, simply to save locations of Troves, Chests, Heavy Sacks and Safe Boxes.
    Lost Treasure - when you get survey or treasure map, this is so useful... :)
    Lorebooks - when you are leveling Mages Guild.
    SkyShards - when you need those skill points :'(
    CraftingPreview - was almost perfect before developers changed it... It used to allow you to preview any style of armor on any character. Now you can only preview armor on character who actually knows needed motif :/
    ItemizationBrowser - if you want to check stats of any gear set available in game in few clicks.
    Awesome Guild Store - I enable this addon when I need to find some item in guild stores. Very nice filters + keywords.

• agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm kind of surprised that no one has yet mentioned FTC - is that generally considered out of date these days?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mandatory:

- Votan's Mini-map - self explanatory
    - No Thank You - Blocks useless notifications (including annoying error messages)
    - Easy Quick Slots - Allows you to key bind quick slot items
    - Awesome Guild Store - Allows you to search guild stores more efficiently
    - Master Merchant - Shows you how much items are being sold for
    - Tamriel Trade Centre - Shows you how much items are being listed for
    - Advancrd Filters - Makes inventory navigation much easier
    - Bank Manager - Automatically deposits all mats to bank if you don't have ESO+
    - Lorebooks - Shows location of all lorebooks
    - Skyshards - Shows location of all skyshards

Highly Recommended:

- Foundry Tactical Combat (FTC) - Improved UI
    - Combat Metrics - Detailed tracking of combat stats
    - Dark UI - visual overhaul of UI (clean, modern look)
    - Harvest Map - Shows all resource nodes available in the game

Bonus:

- Use this website to search all guild stores in the game: https://tamrieltradecentre.com/
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 18, 2017 9:24AM
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FTC for combat tracking.
    MIATS pvp alerts and lots of other awesome features.
    LOREBOOKS self explanatory.
    DRESSING ROOM quick swap between gear and skill set ups.
    LAZY WRIT no brainer must have.
    INVENTORY INSIGHT makes looking thru 8 characters and a maxed bank a snap.

I pity console players.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    I'm kind of surprised that no one has yet mentioned FTC - is that generally considered out of date these days?
    It hasn't been updated for a year. I use Combat Metrics instead.
    AI Research Grid - crafting
    AI Research Grid does not update reliably (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/352190/ai-research-grid-not-refreshing-reliably). Trait Buddy is much, much better although even it can have trouble if lots of stuff (like MM and TTC) tries to load at the same time it does for the first character. A simple /reloadui fixes that.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use AlphaGear Lives, which is OK but buggy. Is there anything better for quick build changes?

Dressing Room

Never has been buggy for me and fulfills the same purpose.
    agegarton wrote: »

I use FTC as my UI mod.

I like the scrolling combat text on the side, out of the way of combat, and I like the buff tracker it has.

I also like the health/resource bar it offers and use that over the default bars. It's a very good add on.

I actually use it in combination with LUI extended and have certain features disabled and enabled on each. Great add ons.
    Edited by Betsararie on August 18, 2017 9:35AM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends entirely on your playstyle. None are essential, as evidenced by the fact that console players don't have the option to use addons yet play the game perfectly capably and are understood to represent the majority of the playerbase. Some PC players clearly rely heavily on them and will have those they reckon they couldn't do without. Personally, although I have played on the PC since the game's launch I have never considered addons necessary for my playstyle and haven't used any - a factor, I believe, in the game running flawlessly with no performance issues for me throughout that time.
  • Autumnhart
    Autumnhart
    ✭✭✭✭
    LUI, Lorebooks, Skyshards, No Thank You, Dressing Room, Lost Treasure

Combat Metrics, Killcounter, Miat's
    Shadow hide you.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    combat metrics
    constellations
    assisst rapid riding (really one of the best addons in there function; very important for cyrodiil)
    wykkyd outfitter
    a bufftracker addon, but dont know the name actually
    skyshards
    Lorebooks
    lost treasure
    Master Merchant
    AwesomeGuildStore

Its all you need ;)
    Edited by DeHei on August 18, 2017 10:22AM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essential? Only NoThankYou and pChat.

I usually use Azurah and Srendarr as well for a custom, not over-clunky UI.

I have MM on as well, but only on one of my characters, the other ones are not traders and just bank any valuable things for later.
    PC-EU
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaidNotifier.
  • xerikos
    xerikos
    ✭✭✭
    JarlUlfric wrote: »
    Furniture Preview - Crafting

Is no longer necessary, as ZOS has now implemented that in the newest patch.

AFAIK, it's possible to preview items in guild stores only (?), but you can't preview items in regular NPC vendors or recipes anywhere else, so this addon is still useful.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some weirdness going on with the quote feature

or example i need clean & fresh water to live, i want a coffee![/quote]

Except this is a game---entertainment.

In order to play this game and be entertained, there are certain mods I NEED, or it will cease to be entertaining, hence cease to function in its intended form.

Personally, that list is pretty small. I like having a different UI and a DPS tracker to be able to help me improve, among others.

I'd literally stop playing alts and eventually the game itself without stuff like the lorebook finders and Skyshards because seriously, sleuthing those things out isn't my idea of a good time----the game doesn't function as entertainment for me without them.

i know the game is entertainment, did i say otherwise?
    the game being a form of entertainment doesnt chage the deffinition of the words want and need.

you WANT to play the game,
    the game NEEDs a valid internet connection
    you CHOOSE to play with add ons,

i CHOOSE to play on xbox,
    i NEED a valid internet connection & active GOLD memebership
    i WANT another coffee!
    Edited by bebynnag on August 18, 2017 12:30PM
  • rotorhead7700
    rotorhead7700
    ✭✭
    Fair enough. I'm in a Rawl'ka guild and two other trade guilds, so TTC isn't any use to me - it's generally more out of date than MM in my specific circumstance. I do agree it is useful for more economically-casual players.

I see no reason to only use one compared to using both.

MM provides you with actual sales data, from your trade guilds. TTC provides you with current *perceived* item value (list price).

These are both helpful in knowing historical value and current demand, which helps you get a better price on your sale.

Edited by rotorhead7700 on August 18, 2017 1:05PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not having a sub any longer i would not play the game without Bank Manager revived. Or something similar. Bank management in this game is a joke. So an addon that does it all for me once it is set up is fantastic.

Without it I probably wouldn't play. I have no intrest in spending long periods of time trying to sort out my bank.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few essentials i didnt see in here;

Alphagear - like dressing room but has cleaner visuals. More complicated to set up, but allows single-click switch of entire gear and bar set ups.

Wykkyds Framework - i actually dont use most of this addon but this is the only updated one (the single files cause ui errors for me). i have always loved their clean HUD and the big one is their info bar which you can customize to show ping, fps, research reminders for crafting, xp needed for level/cp, bag space, coin, ap, etc etc etc. Nice to have all info you need at first glance. The framework has a couple other addons which are take or leave for me like advanced chat windows and its own version of dressing room.

Joviexs addon transfer - takes your addon settings from any character and transfers to one or all of your other characters so you dont have to spend hours getting your addons formatted every time you start levelling a new character. This addon is useless 99% of the time but that 1% is a HUGE time savings so i always keep this one installed.
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master Merchant, awesome guild stores, any mini map(because of I always get lost lol) and inventory insight because if you got more than one char finding specific item can really annoying.
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)