The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

vICP did not need a nerf!

Blackleopardex
Blackleopardex
✭✭✭✭
This was recorded in Morrowind, before they nerfed it agian... why!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqv7qKrUzRM&feature=youtu.be
I know this has been discussed before but seriously it was already easy enough. Not to mention the new dungeons... sad joke if you ask me when it comes to difficulty.

[edited for profanity]
Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on August 17, 2017 2:15PM
6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bruh linking some elites beating it on vhm proves nothing about its difficulty one way or the other
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Bruh linking some elites beating it on vhm proves nothing about its difficulty one way or the other

We where only 2 people "bruh"...
  • Yoku
    Yoku
    ✭✭✭

so you watched it?? so you saw we did it in duo?? it was not a difficult dungeon and now they nerfed it again >_<
    WHY ZOS!? WHY!?
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Can't we have a single challenging thing in this game, that's NOT a raid?
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its actually not that tough, but I tend to have trouble with mechanics my first couple of times. I did 2 man this on Normal tho, so nice job guys,it is still a nice achievement anyways.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) You guys talk about minor tweaks as if they were major nerfs. They're not.

2) Veteran modes of this dungeon, WGT, COA and the other DLC dungeons all need major nerfs. Why? Because you can't find any pugs in the group finder who can complete them.

#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Yoku
    Yoku
    ✭✭✭

2) Veteran modes of this dungeon, WGT, COA and the other DLC dungeons all need major nerfs. Why? Because you can't find any pugs in the group finder who can complete them.

COA is not a DLC dungeon.... but why you dont search 3 friends and try hard until you complete?? atleast this is how i did it in the beginning...
    Edited by Yoku on August 16, 2017 11:56PM
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overfiend did catch some people by surprise with his one-shots, but I did think the Lord Warden fight was fine.

Honestly I've always found Flesh Sculptor and the Abomination to be the two most likely to cause a wipe, due to group mate troubles.

Regardless, I'm not going to complain about any dungeon nerfs. I see this as motivated by decreases in completion/attempt rates due to global dps reduction. This is probably--hopefully--a prelude to monster health reductions in vMA and vMoL.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (v)Overfiend used to mean 1 hit kill for DPS/Healer

I don't think no tank were able solo that thing under Veteran mode.

As most people are still depending on Group Finder for dungeons. Slight changes made to accommodate more players in my opinion is acceptable.
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on August 17, 2017 12:49AM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoku wrote: »

COA is not a DLC dungeon.... but why you dont search 3 friends and try hard until you complete?? atleast this is how i did it in the beginning...
    vCoA2 is hard but not an dlc one, pugs are pugs, see it as an major debuff.
    On the other hand vCoA1 is easy, we 3 manned it because of bug in finder. one death, me because of fall damage :)
    The only issue is sets, why does spell power cure drop from WGT and not wayrest or fungal 1
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does everything need to be PUGable?

Should we nerf trials too to make them PUGable?
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 17, 2017 12:49AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lmao.

That doesn't mean that they need nerfs. It means that the player base plays at a low level. The content itself was absolutely fine.

The nerfs to the DLC dungeons were absolutely a massive step in the wrong direction. They ruined some of the best content in the game actually.

What a mistake that was, ZOS.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is called normal trials :)
    Else I agree 100% progressing trough vet dungeons now just two 2 dungeons on list.
    Request for healer for falcreach hold normal, I joined, usual finder mistake and it was vet, none had done it on vet.
    We did it, epic wipe feast on last boss think it was far above 30 wipes but still. My first dlc vet.
    Puging it :). lots of boss mechanisms who require training and also two who need cooperation.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes there is less and less people and they are just farming dolmens. After Morrowind they got nice stab in the back by playerbase and now they wanna cover the nerfs with even more nerfs and farming new sets every 2-3 months and changing the game?
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

On the other hand vCoA1 is easy, we 3 manned it because of bug in finder. one death, me because of fall damage :)
    The only issue is sets, why does spell power cure drop from WGT and not wayrest or fungal 1

No it's not
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TXghSpgcs4
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I just want them to nerf vMA (awaits flames)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, the only nerfs to vWGT were... two players can now target the rifts, and the rifts have less health than before. Right?

Because, there are always runs where some derp ruins the run for everyone else by ignoring the rifts and getting everyone killed. This never made the dungeon better, it just made it more annoying, and gave you a real live person in your party to hate instead of the mechanics.

Unless there's some unmarked stuff that got changed I'm unaware of.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's disappointing to see more content get nerfed into ezmode. ESO has become less a game and more a virtual cartoon for Skyrim fans. Everyone *must* be able to win, regardless if they know how to play.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    @starkerealm op talk about vicp though...

Derp.

5xClUqZ.gif
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it's not

agree. CoA2 is not at all hard.

Just cringe whenever someone lists it as a 'hard' dungeon.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there should be a vet+ difficulty level then- for groups of 4 max cp players- with a chance to win gold jewellery and weapons and helm drops. imagine gold scathing mage rings, etc. that would give end game users something to motivate us to go back into these places- and a challenge, while also giving every level players content they can pug.
    Edited by MakoFore on August 17, 2017 3:18AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »
    there should be a vet+ difficulty level then- for groups of 4 max cp players- with a chance to win gold jewellery and weapons and helm drops. imagine gold scathing mage rings, etc. that would give end game users something to motivate us to go back into these places- and a challenge, while also giving every level players content they can pug.

Yeah, but that Nightmare difficulty shouldn't just be bigger health pools or harder hits, make it more complex mechanics. Stuff that keeps you on your toes, and requires more finesse.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

CoA? CoA needs moar nerfs?! I don't even know what you need to do to fail it these days, even on hm. It's been soloed multiple times even BEFORE the last nerf. That aside, pugged random vet the other day on my sorc as a healer, got unfinished CoA II. They were on last boss. They did everything they could wrong - tank never blocked and got knocked back literally every single time Skoria did his heavy then proceeded to firmly stand in the fire star he dropped together with one of the dps, not even thinking of moving til it died out - seriously, they stood dead in the middle of the firey lines for their full duration; the other dps ran half of the room away from me and my heals/buffs; the dps they did was so low Skoria was still at ~65% when he broke third platform(tried hm)...

We made it first try(hm, remember). I healed them through standing in the stupid AND lava while they did their best to spread out and stay out of my heals, all the while dealing ~40% of group's dps(which was a whopping 10k from LL and WoE). And no, it's not because I'm godmode op - I have cp mainly spec'd for dps and being a sorc I have to rely on my pet for burst heals. Yet it was...easy. They did everything possible wrong yet we had no issues making it even on hm.

They all had over 300 cp mind you. I think 400+? Don't remember for sure. They were nice and thanked me many times, just...they really didn't know how to play their roles very well and worst of all, that dungeon run taught them nothing - if anything it showed them it's just fine to stand in red and whatnot long as you have a decent healer :/

To OP, good job :) I know a couple of my friends 2 manned it back before last nerf, right after pre-last nerf when they changed Flesh Sculptor mechanics. Don't think they made any vids though. Good old days when 2 manning vet dungeons was actually fun and hard, not faceroll...
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They cut the fat from the dungeon.

The sky isn't falling, you need to learn to share.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The sky isn't falling, you need to learn to share

ew, no.

Kidding. Kidding. it's a joke

In all honesty, I just wish that they could have made everyone happy.

A purist like me didn't want to see it nerfed because I feel it's lowered the quality of the dung. On the other hand, more people probably need to complete it.

Maybe they could have upped the difficulty of normal.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

No it's not

agree. CoA2 is not at all hard.

Just cringe whenever someone lists it as a 'hard' dungeon.
    Might just be bad memories from lots of cp and skill ago, harder than vet wayrest 2 :)

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We where only 2 people "bruh"...

You think a God Tier Tank and a God Tier DPS can speak for the majority of players? I'm assuming you two had coordination and communication as well right?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...when it comes to difficulty.
    SammyFable wrote: »
    Agreed. Can't we have a single challenging thing in this game, that's NOT a raid?

If you're looking for "difficult content", why don't you create it yourselfes?

Use only purple/blue/green/white/no gear, do it with only 9/8/7..3/2/1 skills and only 1 or no ultimate. Or see what's the minimum Skill and/or Champion Points spent with which you're still able to do it!?

What about a "all green gear, 2 skills only, no CP vIP/vCOS HM" video? No THAT would be something.. ;)
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The sky isn't falling, you need to learn to share.

It has nothing to do with sharing. If anything, those who don't wish to learn the rules and mechanics of the game and/or play according to them should be happy enough almost everything else has been nerfed to oblivion to support that. Those who enjoy problem solving have had almost all interesting content taken from them.

There is nothing wrong with content challenging enough that a random group of players who may not know the rules can't complete. That presents an obstacle that players can easily adapt to if they choose to. That's what gaming is about at a fundamental level: solving problems.

This game is full of players that want reality (of this game world) to adapt to them. "My build is bad and I don't know how to play so please change the game."
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im all like -
    oh wow that video was pretty cool!
    congrats to the both of you!

carebares be llike
    c37152e2cab63ac6efdbc2cd22868c453160832b4c9f3800d12705857c59f0c4.jpg