The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sotha Sil Part 3 NA PC

• Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Taysa wrote: »
    Sylphie wrote: »
    If you're going to gate camp, just admit you're doing it for your own reasons and don't try to justify it. The people you end up gate camping are the usually the players unaffliated with the night cappers since that guild logs on at a completely different time. In the end, the people that suffer are the random players that login during the morning and not the people that are ruining the campaign.

Wrong. Guild in question has been killed plenty of times at their gates. You should talk to your current empress about how salty she was that she was gate camped while EP was emp for two days straight.

Are you really that naive to what goes on in your own faction?

Everytime I see DC being gate camped, it's usually the pugs that suffer from it the most. The guilds? They just log off or switch campaigns. In the end you can't justify ruining the gameplay for other players on DC, AD and EP just to get back at a few selected individuals.

But hey, if you want to just hate on DC as a faction and assume we're all part of the same hivemind, go ahead.

On a lighter, unrelated note, here's a clip of my attempts at learning magsorc since my group required a negate. Spoilers, I'm terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyMEaAHjuXU

Edited by Sylphie on September 19, 2017 10:44AM
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont shoot the messenger.....

"To make things interesting, we allowed AD to get within 60 points of DC, with only 30 hours left in the campaign. We allowed AD every tactical advantage. They had emp, they had 20 people at both gates, they had seige on both North and South high rock. And then we showed up. You thought you could stop us, but you couldn't.

You thought we needed to night cap, we didn't.
    You thought we could only win with emp, you shouldn't.
    You thought we couldn't dethrone during primetime, we did.
    You thought we couldn't emp during primetime, we did.
    You thought you could hold one keep against us, you couldn't.

Keep after keep, one after another, AD failed. Then you rage quit, only to come back at 2am attempting to night cap, and you couldn't.

Remember this day, the day you could have won the campaign. Remember who stood over your bodies victorious this day. Your forum vX is much stronger than your actual game play.

GG
    -Your fav

"To make things interesting, we allowed AD to get within 60 points of DC, with only 30 hours left in the campaign. We allowed AD every tactical advantage. They had emp, they had 20 people at both gates, they had seige on both North and South high rock. And then we showed up. You thought you could stop us, but you couldn't.

Keep after keep, one after another, AD failed. Then you rage quit, only to come back at 2am attempting to night cap, and you couldn't.

Remember this day, the day you could have won the campaign. Remember who stood over your bodies victorious this day. Your forum vX is much stronger than your actual game play.

GG
    -Your fav cn Guildmaster"

good day

:D
    Edited by Humphie on September 19, 2017 1:08PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everytime I see DC being gate camped, it's usually the pugs that suffer from it the most. The guilds? They just log off or switch campaigns. In the end you can't justify ruining the gameplay for other players on DC, AD and EP just to get back at a few selected individuals.

DC as a faction has been "ruining gameplay for other players" for a very long time on this server. There's a limit to how long you can expect other factions to be benevolent and forebearing.

Why do you expect AD and EP to care more about the DC pugs than the DC guilds causing the problems in the first place? You might want to reserve some of that anger for them and ask them to knock it off.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

DC as a faction has been "ruining gameplay for other players" for a very long time on this server. There's a limit to how long you can expect other factions to be benevolent and forebearing.

Why do you expect AD and EP to care more about the DC pugs than the DC guilds causing the problems in the first place? You might want to reserve some of that anger for them and ask them to knock it off.

Many of us have asked them to knock it off. HeII, @Rickter got them to promise to avoid gate-camping when Sotha Sil was first launched. It hasn't done any good, and it won't do any good.

The only self-respecting, faction-respecting thing to do as a blue these days is to avoid Sotha Sil entirely.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »

Many of us have asked them to knock it off. HeII, @Rickter got them to promise to avoid gate-camping when Sotha Sil was first launched. It hasn't done any good, and it won't do any good.

The only self-respecting, faction-respecting thing to do as a blue these days is to avoid Sotha Sil entirely.

I know. They aren't interested in anything other than the sewage storm they stir up right now.

I would like to come back to Sotha Sil someday but I'm not holding my breath.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol @ the notion that being of a particular faction denotes certain gameplay habits. Like, have none of you ever learned anything in civics class or just refused to pay attention to anything useful? What next, gonna start calling DC a bunch of savages?

Get a freaking grip on reality, please.
    Edited by usmcjdking on September 19, 2017 4:19PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is the desire of AD and EP to PvP in general, or win the campaign?

If its just to PvP, it sounds like all you have to do is walk out your Home Gates and boom! PvP like bed in breakfast. I would LOVE to have instant PvP as soon as i step foot in Shor. But you know, as DC over there, we have to take back Warden and Rayles and Glade for the first 30mins of the night.

If its to win the campaign, well yeah, getting gate camped puts a damper on that. So what is the goal on Sotha? ZOS has jumped ship. NoCP is going the way of the buffalo. Duels, BGs, and Majority of campaigns will be CP enabled. So what is the goal in Sotha any more?

I was tagged so i popped in and checked out the last two pages. Seems like sotha as usual. much salt. mostly one sided. cool to see a couple dc representing at least a little.
    With that being said, Shor could use another 5-8 man DC guild. Or just come over and type "rick roll" in zone chat any time between 7:30PM EST -10:30 EST. Good clean 10-15 v 10-15 v 10-15 every single night of the week. occasional teabagging and running scrolls into IC waters (AD & EP) but generally no salt, no haters, just pvp.
    Edited by Rickter on September 19, 2017 4:44PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    Can't we all just gate camp each other in peace?
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

GG
    -Your fav cn Guildmaster"

good day

I've come to the conclusion that no matter how many times an Emp dies to only two players while having all the scroll buffs, no matter how many times a group wipes to even numbers or lesser numbers, no matter how many times that time and time again opposing groups and factions dominate a group outside of the naturally/intentional 24+ man zerg, people just don't want to face the truth. Addressing the person to which you are quoting;
    Virtually every single person outside of your Guild generally has a collective opinion about the map dynamics. Long before"CN" came to the campaign DC has been winning or at the very least, dominating the map naturally with overwhelming numbers, this only holds true to Sotha Sil (formerly known as Azuras Star). We've had groups such as the oceanic players night capping to get DC points then DC doing moderately okay during prime time to keep an edge, Feng rushes group coming into sotha which brought guilds such as legions of Mordor, and then we've had other large PvP guilds such as LoD (legions of death). Taking the glory for winning on a campaign where all of the good guilds and players from EP and AD have left or become less active due to switching campaigns or losing interest in Sotha Sil PvP (for obvious reasons) simply doesn't make sense.
    I get whispers from some of your players after getting chased down across the map with by a 10+ man group telling me to "l2play" or "learn how to not die so fast". It really is sad when PvP has devolved to whoever can punching bag the campaign as much as they can, night cap, and then hold all the keeps with the most numbers, scrolls buffs, and emp buffs.
    I always hear about the strength of said Guild yet when the numbers are even those claims of inherently dominating the PvP scene fall short. Only one player from said Guild has actually come forth to "put his money where his mouth is" and duel me, which I commend.
    All I can really say is don't taunt and trash talk a faction of players that play less than you, have half your numbers, and will often look at the map, and just log off. I'm not trying to say you're bad players, I'm not trying to say your Guild is bad, what I'm trying to say is this idea of PvP dominance you love to spout doesn't exist and everyone besides the players in said Guild wholeheartedly agree.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    So is the desire of AD and EP to PvP in general, or win the campaign?

If its just to PvP, it sounds like all you have to do is walk out your Home Gates and boom! PvP like bed in breakfast. I would LOVE to have instant PvP as soon as i step foot in Shor. But you know, as DC over there, we have to take back Warden and Rayles and Glade for the first 30mins of the night.

If its to win the campaign, well yeah, getting gate camped puts a damper on that. So what is the goal on Sotha? ZOS has jumped ship. NoCP is going the way of the buffalo. Duels, BGs, and Majority of campaigns will be CP enabled. So what is the goal in Sotha any more?

I was tagged so i popped in and checked out the last two pages. Seems like sotha as usual. much salt. mostly one sided. cool to see a couple dc representing at least a little.
    With that being said, Shor could use another 5-8 man DC guild. Or just come over and type "rick roll" in zone chat any time between 7:30PM EST -10:30 EST. Good clean 10-15 v 10-15 v 10-15 every single night of the week. occasional teabagging and running scrolls into IC waters (AD & EP) but generally no salt, no haters, just pvp.

You would love to get out of your gate and me outnumbered 10:1? I guess to each their own..
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is it bad to say that Chuck Norris and Consortium like to night/morning cap when they have almost no opposition? It's the truth and if it shames them maybe they shouldn't do it
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking the problem is not mentioning guild names but specifically shaming CertaiN guilds. Who then go through and report your post and the mods get triggered.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    At the risk of getting rolled by zos the sotha list I have so far is CN LoM and tertiary meat?

That sounds about right with maybe an EP guild running a few nights a week. We (TM) also normally only run officially about 3 nights a week with DC seeming to have a consistent guild presence throughout the week.

Which nights are most active? Friday Saturday I assume? Same as vivec?

Population wise yes weekends are the most active. Guild activity tends to move around though as the DC guilds tend to only play when they have a monumental numbers advantage or when everyone else has logged out.
    Marek
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the risk of getting rolled by zos the sotha list I have so far is CN LoM and tertiary meat?

There are some EP guilds as well Darkest Requiem still plays Sotha though we might guest another server from time to time. I will let the other EP guilds speak for themselves.

I must say I was surprised to see this thread still active. There for a while every time I clicked on the link in my email I got notification that the comment had been taken down.
    Edited by Dutchessx on September 21, 2017 1:10PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    A lot of DC get punished, perhaps unfairly so, for the shenanigans of the organized guilds in your faction and what they've been doing to the campaign for months. I feel like AD and EP have both gotten to the point that every DC we encounter in Cyrodiil is complicit in this fiasco.

Not saying that this was necessarily correct or that two wrongs make a right, it just reflects the general feelings in this campaign and how badly things have gone in the last few months for players who would normally be pretty reasonable people.

This!

In EP land I would say after all these months the consensus is something like "When you whisper a DC many seem quite reasonable and claim to not like what is going on, but they're all still logged in enabling it, so they're all equally guilty."

“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vilestride For EP, I know that DeathsHead Legion and Priase the Sun consistently run regular small groups. and raid nights once or twice a week depending.

Most (but not all) of the EP guild work is on raid nights though and mostly (but not always) in prime time. The campaign usually isn't too terrible in prime time actually. Just a little low popped because the pugs have mostly been farmed out.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, for those blaming DC for 'enabling' it, what are we supposed to do exactly? When the map looks relatively balanced or we're holding on for dear life on the last emp keep, I'll come and play. Other choices are 3-4 dead campaigns or sitting in a queue for Vivec.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You may recall TM played on DC for a month and a half when DC was far outnumbered by the other factions.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    I mean, for those blaming DC for 'enabling' it, what are we supposed to do exactly? When the map looks relatively balanced or we're holding on for dear life on the last emp keep, I'll come and play. Other choices are 3-4 dead campaigns or sitting in a queue for Vivec.

Shor has great action several times a week. I haven't had to wait in a Vivec queue for more than 3-5 minutes since Midyear Mayhem.

I also rolled an EP specifically for Sotha. It can be fun to fight your friends from time to time. >:)
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roll another alliance, read a new book, go outside?
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any point in rolling EP (or AD) when there's fighting to be had, just so I can maybe feel better about making people in other alliances feel better. Their boogeyman is a 12-man group that just tends to run all day, everyday. It's not unsurmountable by any means.

As for going outside and reading books, if you'd actually knew me, you'd realize how mistaken you are.
    Edited by gabriebe on September 21, 2017 6:29PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor

• Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    Kartalin wrote: »
    A lot of DC get punished, perhaps unfairly so, for the shenanigans of the organized guilds in your faction and what they've been doing to the campaign for months. I feel like AD and EP have both gotten to the point that every DC we encounter in Cyrodiil is complicit in this fiasco.

Not saying that this was necessarily correct or that two wrongs make a right, it just reflects the general feelings in this campaign and how badly things have gone in the last few months for players who would normally be pretty reasonable people.

This!

In EP land I would say after all these months the consensus is something like "When you whisper a DC many seem quite reasonable and claim to not like what is going on, but they're all still logged in enabling it, so they're all equally guilty."

LOL so the act of logging on is enabling night capping? Whenever I'm online during oceanic hours (NA night time), I just cap a resource and wait to see if I get any smallscale fights. If not, I just queue for BGs in cyro while seeing if any EPs/ADs would come duel me.

But deary me, I must be a filthy enabler who should get gate camped and exposed.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered stepping up your game? I mean, the vast majority of people in DC log off when there is nothing to do on the map. Blaming us because we're online when the map isn't completely blue is just kinda dumb. We're not all gonna QQ because you guys hate one guild, who from what I gather doesn't even play (or is vastly drowned out by other guilds) when you play. Or maybe we should all make a 'Scrub Nourisse' toon to make all of you happy? I mean, at some point, get a grip and stop asking for people in DC to leave. I have like 6 toons ready for vet PvP. Not going to grind another one in EP or AD just to satisfy a non-existent need for validation from a rival faction.

Edited by gabriebe on September 21, 2017 7:13PM

The traitor

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »
    Rest in Ripperoni Sotha.

And to bring some balance to the thread, this is how the map was for many hours earlier in the day, with AD defending DC's home keeps with 3 to 4 times the number of players DC had on. As a result we were constantly banging our head against a literal wall and could get nowhere. (Note, this pic was taken after DC managed to retake Rayles - AD soon took it back.)

cyrodiil170917.jpg

I'm new to this, so maybe I'm missing something, but everything people seem to be blaming DC for doing and 'killing' the campaign, I've seen done by every other faction, day in day out for the past month. This past week alone has seen nights where AD have dominated with numbers, EP has dominated with numbers and DC have dominated with numbers, let alone at other times of the day.

Does it suck when you are valiantly defending a keep for a long time to suddenly have a zerg rush through and wipe you and your hard work out in seconds. Yep, as a DC player I've experienced that daily. Does it suck when you have only a few players on the server against a horde from another faction. Yep. As a DC player I've experienced that repeatedly too. There's not much you can do when your group of 5 defenders are up against 32 AD that have suddenly logged in and start taking keep after keep from you, or when two large groups of EP attack you every time your merry band try to take back a resource. Is it frustrating to leave the server with your faction owning most the keeps, only to wake up to find everything flipped? Heck yeah! See the above map and map I posted earlier to see what I, as a DC player, have woken up to many times.

Like I say, I'm new, so maybe missing something, but if these are problems that are truly causing the campaign to 'die' as people say, then at least be honest about the fact that all factions, and many groups/guilds use player numbers to their advantage constantly, throughout the day (not just at the times you happen to play). Perhaps then a solution could be found that creates a better balance, and hopefully one that doesn't expect players not to play simply because they happen to be on the server at a different time of day to when you are. :)

You may be new but you'll quickly realize that when AD or EP night cap/zerg it's skillful playing and a job well done. When DC do it it's ruining the game. Its just part of life. EP, but specifically AD are just salty that they can't win anything without destro bomb guilds. That's why I quit this campaign. Doctors orders, too much salt.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salt really doesn't matter unless you've got congestive heart failure or some sort of kidney condition.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1waf93.gif
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When there's no room left in a salty tell, AD's most killed DC zergtatos will stalk the forums.

dawn+of+the+dumb.png
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    When there's no room left in a salty tell, AD's most killed DC zergtatos will stalk the forums.

dawn+of+the+dumb.png

lol "most killed DC zergtatos". Funnily enough, if you take a look at some of my youtube videos you'll see some familiar AD tabards on the people outnumbering my group and I.

I'm always available for duels if you want to confirm my status as an easy kill zergling ;)
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
  • Kita
    Kita
    ✭✭
    Sooooo are we not gonna bat an eye that as soon as i emp'd dc all logged off due to fear? How about that 1v20 at glademist? I wonder if someone was taking notes the whole time as i walked on their body and their army.
    Edited by Kita on September 22, 2017 6:10AM
This discussion has been closed.