Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Poisons in crafting writs - added for HotR

adirondack
adirondack
✭✭✭✭✭
I did not get to the PTS this cycle (my bad). Does anyone have a list of the new poisons being requested for alchemy writs?

For reference, from today's HotR patch notes:
Crafting Writs
Adjusted Alchemy Writs so they require Nirnroot less often. (yay!)
Added Poisons to the roster of items requested by Alchemy Writs. (what are these?)

Thanks in advance for anyone who has done this investigation previously.

Ray
Ray
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    I did not get to the PTS this cycle (my bad). Does anyone have a list of the new poisons being requested for alchemy writs?

For reference, from today's HotR patch notes:
    Crafting Writs
    Adjusted Alchemy Writs so they require Nirnroot less often. (yay!)
    Added Poisons to the roster of items requested by Alchemy Writs. (what are these?)

Thanks in advance for anyone who has done this investigation previously.

Ray

today my 14 alchey writs were @ top tier (got 3 surveys and 2 master writs for my troubles plus the other stuff

5x (Dmg mag poison plus 3 violets )
    1x (dmg health poison plus 3 nightshade)
    1x (essense magica plus 3 imp stool)
    3x (damage stam poison plus 3 spider egg)
    3x (ess stamina plus 3 mudcrab)
    1x (drain health poison plus 3 tears)

not nec an entire set but just first day
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I may stop pre-making alchemy writs. They aren't difficult, with added poisons it's just too much stuff to lug around and takes too many bank slots for 4 crafters, since potions don't stack.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay - update here. Thanks to those who have replied; I think I am just confirming your findings.

(1) The poisons needed are effectively the opposite of the potions used - different ingredients as well as different solvent; I've included some sample recipes below. (note there are many combinations available to achieve these poisons) I confirmed with a buddy who did writs on 12 chars and I on my 8; so we've got 20 chars of sample, which is not statistically relevant but is a start:
    - Damage Magicka Poison IX (white cap, blue entoloma)
    - Drain Health Poison IX (water hyacinth, mountain flower)
    - Damage Stamina Poison IX (fleshfly larva, imp stool)
    - Damage Health Poison IX (blessed thistle, corn flower)

You can pre-make these, and they stack in piles in bank, so I pre-made groups of 96 (6 x 16 per craft attempt). Currently Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Creator does not automatically pull these poisons from the bank, but I'm confident an update is coming. He's been awesome about keeping his items up-to-date.

(2) New ingredients to added to the constant nirnroot and lorkhan's tears (I so love this)
    - Violet coprinus
    - Alkahest (finally!)
    - Imp Stool
    - Spider Egg
    - Nightshade
    - Mudcrab Chitin

So that's what we've found thus far for the changes to alchemy writs. If I find errors/updates I'll edit this post. Thank you all and thanks to my buddy who helped compile the data.

Ray
    Edited by adirondack on August 14, 2017 7:54PM
    Ray
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can pre-make these, and they stack in piles in bank

I will try to pre-make, but last time I tried this

1. Potions made by one toon could not be used for another.
    2. If each of my crafters makes their own potions, even if I used the same ingredients, they did not stack in bank. Each toon had their own stack. 16 stacks x 4 crafters, plus 16 stacks for food is 80 slots just for writs. that's just too many, even with 480 bank slots. edit: math

Yes, I have a LOT of stuff in my bank, mostly 12 full sets of armor/weapons for my end-game tank. Too much work to keep grinding sets every time meta changes. :)
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on August 16, 2017 4:30PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can pre-make these, and they stack in piles in bank

I will try to pre-make, but last time I tried this

1. Potions made by one toon could not be used for another.
    2. If each of my crafters makes their own potions, even if I used the same ingredients, they did not stack in bank. Each toon had their own stack. 16 stacks x 4 crafters, plus 16 stacks for food is 80 slots just for writs. that's just too many, even with 480 bank slots. edit: math

Yes, I have a LOT of stuff in my bank, mostly 12 full sets of armor/weapons for my end-game tank. Too much work to keep grinding sets every time meta changes. :)

for normal writs, potions and poisons made by one can fulfill the writs of others. AFAIK has always been this way and i know for a fact its that way after HotR cuz i have been doing it for three days now.

For master writs, the rules are different.

Right now i am wondering if Violent Copernicus will be the next nirnroot. After only three days it has easily topped the "most needed triple reagent" each day (by a strong margin) and it isn't a survey flower last time i ran them.

But it is early so, will see how things fare after a week of this. Certainly not as over-used as nirnroot was but... time will tell.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep - I agree... violet coprinus has all of a sudden become hard as hell to find. Was it ever part of the alchemy surveys? My memory is about 2 min long but I thought mushrooms and the like weren't in the loot tables for the surveys already.

Oh well. Like you said, time will tell.
    Ray
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep - I agree... violet coprinus has all of a sudden become hard as hell to find. Was it ever part of the alchemy surveys? My memory is about 2 min long but I thought mushrooms and the like weren't in the loot tables for the surveys already.

Oh well. Like you said, time will tell.

I dont believe it was ever in surveys.

but if this holds out then we will have more inventory slots burned and still a pressure for one overused tripper.

progress?

and violets iirc shares nodes with multiple types of shrooms whereas nirnroot only shared with water hyacinth.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I stopped doing Alchemy, Provisioning and Enchanting writs a while back as I get enough ingredients and materials from my travels and hireling mails. The master writs you get from them also offer very little in voucher rewards.

You could never pre-make potions or Glyphs and store them in the bank because the character doing the writ had to craft them and it would just take up inventory slots.

Although you could pre-make provisioning food/drink on one character, when they changed it to use 6 of each, you either had to use 12 bank slots and take each character to the bank to collect them and back again to re-deposit them after handing the writ in or elect to use 12 inventory slots on every character.

Inventory/bank slots are too valuable to be wasted on writs that give you very little in return.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I stopped doing Alchemy, Provisioning and Enchanting writs a while back as I get enough ingredients and materials from my travels and hireling mails. The master writs you get from them also offer very little in voucher rewards.

You could never pre-make potions or Glyphs and store them in the bank because the character doing the writ had to craft them and it would just take up inventory slots.

Although you could pre-make provisioning food/drink on one character, when they changed it to use 6 of each, you either had to use 12 bank slots and take each character to the bank to collect them and back again to re-deposit them after handing the writ in or elect to use 12 inventory slots on every character.

Inventory/bank slots are too valuable to be wasted on writs that give you very little in return.

The bold is not true and afaik has not been for ages.

Master writs -sure.

But the regular writs don't care who crafts potions. Even now. Since Monday have been making bunches on first char who needs then bank and split as needed. Works like a charm.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.