Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 17, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Torug's Pact BUG

  • humpalicous
    humpalicous
    ✭✭✭
    Game changing bugs like this should never leave the drawing board, that's what I meant.

    Guess it's not gonna be complete *** since it will proc every 1.4 seconds.

    Just kinda boring that the meta magsorc build will stay the same after the patch again
  • humpalicous
    humpalicous
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    Already is a strong word. Has been bugged since start or 2nd week of pts :trollface:

    q7nqBUb.gif

    So I just crafted a set of Torugs for my sorc for nothing?

    GG ZOS, why can't you do things right from the beginning, so that this kind of build never hits the PTS?

    Well, good thing I didn't equip it, so i can sell it and just use my regular setup with the god damn VMA staff... This game is a joke at times.

    ahaha, self-exposed

    Self exposed how? I just admitted that I crafted Torugs to ride the would-be meta wave? Would be foolish not to
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I had similar thoughts...It looks like some people just dont get what this thread is about.

    LOTS of people get what it's about, it's about shield stackers and permablock tanks trying to keep any counters to their playstyle out of the game.

    As has been posted, test is bugged. When the bug is fixed, it will be fine.

    But I will wager you a shiny internet dollar that shield stackers with astronomical tooltips on their alpha skills because they have no health and no heals will STILL cry and cry and cry. It's the nature of MMO forums. 75% of the players don't give feedback, they rationalize and outright LIE to advocate their particular brand of cheese. Shields need more counters. The company apparently knows this full well and this is how they are addressing it.

    People who post nerf vids and nerf holler over a freaking BUG on a test server are laughable and transparent to boot. 1. Report bug. 2. Move on. 3. If bug is not fixed, then report again. Not rocket science, nor is applying the decoder ring to the real intent behind all these threads on this same topic.

    Oh and there's also a new tinge of "I don't want average players doing my uber macroed pve dps without programming the same keys I did," which is also transparent. Give it a rest. Not fooling anyone with a brain.

    *facepalm* you haven't been here long, have you?

    Edit: far as Oblivion enchants in general go, I still don't get what's so good about unavoidable damage that we need more and more of it.
    Edited by Magdalina on August 2, 2017 8:28PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

    So I just crafted a set of Torugs for my sorc for nothing?

    GG ZOS, why can't you do things right from the beginning, so that this kind of build never hits the PTS?

    Well, good thing I didn't equip it, so i can sell it and just use my regular setup with the god damn VMA staff... This game is a joke at times.

    Well maybe that will teach You not to hype about exploiting a bug before it even hit live servers. So many "innovators" lately :trollface:

    buttaface wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I had similar thoughts...It looks like some people just dont get what this thread is about.

    LOTS of people get what it's about, it's about shield stackers and permablock tanks trying to keep any counters to their playstyle out of the game.

    As has been posted, test is bugged. When the bug is fixed, it will be fine.

    But I will wager you a shiny internet dollar that shield stackers with astronomical tooltips on their alpha skills because they have no health and no heals will STILL cry and cry and cry. It's the nature of MMO forums. 75% of the players don't give feedback, they rationalize and outright LIE to advocate their particular brand of cheese. Shields need more counters. The company apparently knows this full well and this is how they are addressing it.

    People who post nerf vids and nerf holler over a freaking BUG on a test server are laughable and transparent to boot. 1. Report bug. 2. Move on. 3. If bug is not fixed, then report again. Not rocket science, nor is applying the decoder ring to the real intent behind all these threads on this same topic.

    Oh and there's also a new tinge of "I don't want average players doing my uber macroed pve dps without programming the same keys I did," which is also transparent. Give it a rest. Not fooling anyone with a brain.

    Oh yes because when people demand to fix a bug which causing certain builds overperform in both PvE and PvP A LOT it's for sure because permablockers and shieldstackers dont want to be nerfed...

    Tests indeed was bugged but the concern was that it can hit live in bugged form and this is what this thread was about , to make sure it wont.

    About shieldstackers and permablockers well... Complaining about shieldstackers and permablocker is also many times some kind of (like You said) "outright LIE to advocate particular brand of cheese" or just L2P issue.

    About people who dont want casuals to hit good DPS because of "I don't want average players doing my uber macroed pve dps without programming the same keys I did" type of thinking...well 1st of all it's laughable to belive every good player is using macro and 2nd try to imagine how much DPS these pro macro users would hit with that exploit :wink:

    Edited by Juhasow on August 2, 2017 8:50PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    I just hope the fix doesn't only consist of bringing the CD to 1.4 secs...

    For pve: 0.8s CD gave roughly 16k dps in Alcast his test, so 1.4s CD should give about 9k dps. Personally I think thats quite a big dmg boost for a 5pc bonus, weapon trait and weapon enchant. I does reduce AOE dps a lot so at least there are some downsides to running this setup.

    For pvp its a different story because you cannot mitigate oblivion dmg. Out-healing it will cost a lot of resources while proccing enchants gives resources to the attacker. Magplars and NBs might stand a chance but the rest of the classes will probably have a tough time surviving this.

    I think the builds that are going to have it the roughest are Heavy armor builds, and magsorcs.

    And all I've got to say about that is:

    GOOD

    You say that now, but how do you plan to dodge oblivion damage if it comes from undodgeable shock/resto :D Tho possibly normal enchants will be enough, like disease one that will deal nearly similar damage and will keep you constantly under Major Defile.

    I play with medium armor, and you think I'm afraid of undodgeable damage?

    1th1e2.jpg

    Wait till you try to attack someone with that standing in wall of elements.
    Every tick proccs it. Gl trying to melee.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

    Derra - DC - Sorc - Grand Overlord - Spotless Dro-m'Athra Destroyer pre one Tamriel
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - Grand Overlord
    ... - DC - NB

  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Kram8ion

    It will kill you on whatever class you run because it's 2-3k damage every 0.8 seconds which you cannot mitigate whatsoever. On top of the existing damage. Still too much math or can you just drop your sorc hate and use your brain now?
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Kram8ion

    Sorc hate? Lol
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    I just hope the fix doesn't only consist of bringing the CD to 1.4 secs...

    For pve: 0.8s CD gave roughly 16k dps in Alcast his test, so 1.4s CD should give about 9k dps. Personally I think thats quite a big dmg boost for a 5pc bonus, weapon trait and weapon enchant. I does reduce AOE dps a lot so at least there are some downsides to running this setup.

    For pvp its a different story because you cannot mitigate oblivion dmg. Out-healing it will cost a lot of resources while proccing enchants gives resources to the attacker. Magplars and NBs might stand a chance but the rest of the classes will probably have a tough time surviving this.

    I think the builds that are going to have it the roughest are Heavy armor builds, and magsorcs.

    And all I've got to say about that is:

    GOOD

    You say that now, but how do you plan to dodge oblivion damage if it comes from undodgeable shock/resto :D Tho possibly normal enchants will be enough, like disease one that will deal nearly similar damage and will keep you constantly under Major Defile.

    I play with medium armor, and you think I'm afraid of undodgeable damage?

    1th1e2.jpg

    Wait till you try to attack someone with that standing in wall of elements.
    Every tick proccs it. Gl trying to melee.

    I will find a way :wink:
    And when I vest my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold in judgement, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who hase me. O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Juhasow I just want to mention. Disease status is minor defile. Out of date addons will say major once you have befoul cp allocated.
    PS4 NA DC
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I guess it's a good idea I have ~800 soul gems sitting around. I'm going to be charging my weapons 2-3 times per dungeon run now at that proc rate.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I just hope the fix doesn't only consist of bringing the CD to 1.4 secs...

    For pve: 0.8s CD gave roughly 16k dps in Alcast his test, so 1.4s CD should give about 9k dps. Personally I think thats quite a big dmg boost for a 5pc bonus, weapon trait and weapon enchant. I does reduce AOE dps a lot so at least there are some downsides to running this setup.

    For pvp its a different story because you cannot mitigate oblivion dmg. Out-healing it will cost a lot of resources while proccing enchants gives resources to the attacker. Magplars and NBs might stand a chance but the rest of the classes will probably have a tough time surviving this.

    I think the builds that are going to have it the roughest are Heavy armor builds, and magsorcs.

    And all I've got to say about that is:

    wih9r7jgh1zf.jpg

    You used the grumpycat meme wrong. Memes r srs bznz

    71a0f144e40a68da52397287ff999c2267171261c694919a38e21bd202129062.jpg
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

    Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

    Waiting for the Necromancer class.
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I had similar thoughts...It looks like some people just dont get what this thread is about.

    LOTS of people get what it's about, it's about shield stackers and permablock tanks trying to keep any counters to their playstyle out of the game.

    As has been posted, test is bugged. When the bug is fixed, it will be fine.

    But I will wager you a shiny internet dollar that shield stackers with astronomical tooltips on their alpha skills because they have no health and no heals will STILL cry and cry and cry. It's the nature of MMO forums. 75% of the players don't give feedback, they rationalize and outright LIE to advocate their particular brand of cheese. Shields need more counters. The company apparently knows this full well and this is how they are addressing it.

    People who post nerf vids and nerf holler over a freaking BUG on a test server are laughable and transparent to boot. 1. Report bug. 2. Move on. 3. If bug is not fixed, then report again. Not rocket science, nor is applying the decoder ring to the real intent behind all these threads on this same topic.

    Oh and there's also a new tinge of "I don't want average players doing my uber macroed pve dps without programming the same keys I did," which is also transparent. Give it a rest. Not fooling anyone with a brain.

    I want to see you on a Sorc stacking his "OP" 6k shields in noCP dealing with the irresistible damage. It's gonna be Matriarch or dead, and you'll be run out of magicka faster than you can say "OP". Sounds fun.

    @Draqone

    The glyphs caught on only recently. Now you see them regularly. And let's not forget infused got a sizable damage buff.
    Main characters:
    Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 41 - Stormproof (PC EU)
    Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)

    Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial Necromancer (lvl 8)
    Fearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)
    Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)
    Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDK
    Valirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBlade
    Turuna - AD Altmer magBlade
    Kheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDK
    Kibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - Stormproof
    Yavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWarden
    Azog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWarden
    Vidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDK
    Marquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - Stormproof
    Rawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWarden
    Tu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar

    All chars 50 @ CP 1000+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on Bahlokdaan PC EU.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Juhasow I just want to mention. Disease status is minor defile. Out of date addons will say major once you have befoul cp allocated.

    So if I have no befoul CP allocated and ZoS own combat buff/debuff that was implemented last patch says it is Major Defile and I cannot apply my own major defile (without rewriting it) and addons tracking debuffs (which they track by ID and not names) say the major defile debuff was lost when I rewrite it with new source of Major Defile (which would not happen if they both have different ID)
    what should I believe?

    Because it either applies Major Defile or it rewrites Major Defile with itself. Making it impossible to stack normal major defile and disease. In any case it should not be happening unless intended.
    Edited by SodanTok on August 2, 2017 11:09PM
    PC | EU | AD
  • PaulD
    PaulD
    ✭✭✭
    Groan. People, seriously? 3/4 of the people on these forums claim to do 35K dps or up. I think they are full of it, but whatever.

    Suddenly, an extra proc is the biggest thing ever?

    I'm just shaking my head. Really.

  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    @Juhasow I just want to mention. Disease status is minor defile. Out of date addons will say major once you have befoul cp allocated.

    So if I have no befoul CP allocated and ZoS own combat buff/debuff that was implemented last patch says it is Major Defile and I cannot apply my own major defile (without rewriting it) and addons tracking debuffs (which they track by ID and not names) say the major defile debuff was lost when I rewrite it with new source of Major Defile (which would not happen if they both have different ID)
    what should I believe?

    Because it either applies Major Defile or it rewrites Major Defile with itself. Making it impossible to stack normal major defile and disease. In any case it should not be happening unless intended.

    Must be a bug for pts. I could grab pics right now from console stating minor defile.
    PS4 NA DC
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    @Juhasow I just want to mention. Disease status is minor defile. Out of date addons will say major once you have befoul cp allocated.

    So if I have no befoul CP allocated and ZoS own combat buff/debuff that was implemented last patch says it is Major Defile and I cannot apply my own major defile (without rewriting it) and addons tracking debuffs (which they track by ID and not names) say the major defile debuff was lost when I rewrite it with new source of Major Defile (which would not happen if they both have different ID)
    what should I believe?

    Because it either applies Major Defile or it rewrites Major Defile with itself. Making it impossible to stack normal major defile and disease. In any case it should not be happening unless intended.

    Must be a bug for pts. I could grab pics right now from console stating minor defile.

    On live, it's major defile also. And it really seems to be major defile. Also it says that in the in game help menu.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Juhasow I just want to mention. Disease status is minor defile. Out of date addons will say major once you have befoul cp allocated.

    Lol I really posted major ? I mean I know it's minor :) I was in rush , thx for correcting.
    Edited by Juhasow on August 3, 2017 1:21AM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    @Juhasow I just want to mention. Disease status is minor defile. Out of date addons will say major once you have befoul cp allocated.

    So if I have no befoul CP allocated and ZoS own combat buff/debuff that was implemented last patch says it is Major Defile and I cannot apply my own major defile (without rewriting it) and addons tracking debuffs (which they track by ID and not names) say the major defile debuff was lost when I rewrite it with new source of Major Defile (which would not happen if they both have different ID)
    what should I believe?

    Because it either applies Major Defile or it rewrites Major Defile with itself. Making it impossible to stack normal major defile and disease. In any case it should not be happening unless intended.

    Must be a bug for pts. I could grab pics right now from console stating minor defile.

    Is on live. Was on PTS before, currently diseased proc is not even working there. If I go by some old thread of someone complaining diseased + lethal arrow is not better than diseased alone it was during homestead too
    Edited by SodanTok on August 3, 2017 1:30AM
    PC | EU | AD
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to the future and took this screenshot for you guys.
    20170723194943_1.jpg

    I sure do look forward to more of this in two weeks. If you can't understand why everyone having essentially free access to the 5 piece shieldbreaker set as part of their normal build is a problem... then I really don't think there is anything for us to discuss.

    Shields are strong, but they are an extremely proactive defense, and failing to upkeep it results in death quite often. Now everyone can basically just bypass ALL of your defenses that aren't just raw heals.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

    Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

    Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I went to the future and took this screenshot for you guys.
    20170723194943_1.jpg

    I sure do look forward to more of this in two weeks. If you can't understand why everyone having essentially free access to the 5 piece shieldbreaker set as part of their normal build is a problem... then I really don't think there is anything for us to discuss.

    Shields are strong, but they are an extremely proactive defense, and failing to upkeep it results in death quite often. Now everyone can basically just bypass ALL of your defenses that aren't just raw heals.

    3cd8a33a.png
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

    Flo - Khajiit - DK WW - Tank - lvl50
    Uxith - Argonian - Sorc Vamp - DPS - lvl50
    Both - Imperial - Temp WW - DPS - lvl 50
    Skua - Khajiit - Temp - DPS - lvl 50
    Little Marmoset - Bosmer - Warden PVP - DPS - lvl 50
    Borrows-A-Feeling - Argonian - Temp PVP - Healer - lvl 50

  • frostbreeze
    frostbreeze
    ✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I went to the future and took this screenshot for you guys.
    20170723194943_1.jpg

    I sure do look forward to more of this in two weeks. If you can't understand why everyone having essentially free access to the 5 piece shieldbreaker set as part of their normal build is a problem... then I really don't think there is anything for us to discuss.

    Shields are strong, but they are an extremely proactive defense, and failing to upkeep it results in death quite often. Now everyone can basically just bypass ALL of your defenses that aren't just raw heals.

    this is nothing man.With torugs,even IF fixed, ull get hit by 3k oblivion damage per weave. Thats ludacris.Its like proccing viper on you every 1.4 secs that u cant shield.Good job u nerfed proc sets and gave us something 2xtimes strongers :P The logic is beyond me :P
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I went to the future and took this screenshot for you guys.
    20170723194943_1.jpg

    I sure do look forward to more of this in two weeks. If you can't understand why everyone having essentially free access to the 5 piece shieldbreaker set as part of their normal build is a problem... then I really don't think there is anything for us to discuss.

    Shields are strong, but they are an extremely proactive defense, and failing to upkeep it results in death quite often. Now everyone can basically just bypass ALL of your defenses that aren't just raw heals.

    this is nothing man.With torugs,even IF fixed, ull get hit by 3k oblivion damage per weave. Thats ludacris.Its like proccing viper on you every 1.4 secs that u cant shield.Good job u nerfed proc sets and gave us something 2xtimes strongers :P The logic is beyond me :P

    The logic is quite obvious. Nearly all proc sets were for stamina while we know the devs only play magSorcs. The fact they removed stamina proc sets and introduced a proc set that magicka sorcs can use makes perfect sense.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I went to the future and took this screenshot for you guys.
    20170723194943_1.jpg

    I sure do look forward to more of this in two weeks. If you can't understand why everyone having essentially free access to the 5 piece shieldbreaker set as part of their normal build is a problem... then I really don't think there is anything for us to discuss.

    Shields are strong, but they are an extremely proactive defense, and failing to upkeep it results in death quite often. Now everyone can basically just bypass ALL of your defenses that aren't just raw heals.

    this is nothing man.With torugs,even IF fixed, ull get hit by 3k oblivion damage per weave. Thats ludacris.Its like proccing viper on you every 1.4 secs that u cant shield.Good job u nerfed proc sets and gave us something 2xtimes strongers :P The logic is beyond me :P

    The logic is quite obvious. Nearly all proc sets were for stamina while we know the devs only play magSorcs. The fact they removed stamina proc sets and introduced a proc set that magicka sorcs can use makes perfect sense.

    That's serious tinfoil alarm here.
    Main characters:
    Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 41 - Stormproof (PC EU)
    Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)

    Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial Necromancer (lvl 8)
    Fearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)
    Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)
    Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDK
    Valirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBlade
    Turuna - AD Altmer magBlade
    Kheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDK
    Kibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - Stormproof
    Yavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWarden
    Azog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWarden
    Vidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDK
    Marquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - Stormproof
    Rawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWarden
    Tu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar

    All chars 50 @ CP 1000+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on Bahlokdaan PC EU.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I went to the future and took this screenshot for you guys.
    20170723194943_1.jpg

    I sure do look forward to more of this in two weeks. If you can't understand why everyone having essentially free access to the 5 piece shieldbreaker set as part of their normal build is a problem... then I really don't think there is anything for us to discuss.

    Shields are strong, but they are an extremely proactive defense, and failing to upkeep it results in death quite often. Now everyone can basically just bypass ALL of your defenses that aren't just raw heals.

    this is nothing man.With torugs,even IF fixed, ull get hit by 3k oblivion damage per weave. Thats ludacris.Its like proccing viper on you every 1.4 secs that u cant shield.Good job u nerfed proc sets and gave us something 2xtimes strongers :P The logic is beyond me :P

    The logic is quite obvious. Nearly all proc sets were for stamina while we know the devs only play magSorcs. The fact they removed stamina proc sets and introduced a proc set that magicka sorcs can use makes perfect sense.

    And how are mSorc going to shield stack through oblivion dmg every 1.4 seconds? Sorcs will probably suffer the most from Torugs infused oblivion combo because it completely bypasses their shields and they dont have strong heals.
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Magna Firebreath - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Rulanir - Altmer Templar
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I went to the future and took this screenshot for you guys.
    20170723194943_1.jpg

    I sure do look forward to more of this in two weeks. If you can't understand why everyone having essentially free access to the 5 piece shieldbreaker set as part of their normal build is a problem... then I really don't think there is anything for us to discuss.

    Shields are strong, but they are an extremely proactive defense, and failing to upkeep it results in death quite often. Now everyone can basically just bypass ALL of your defenses that aren't just raw heals.

    this is nothing man.With torugs,even IF fixed, ull get hit by 3k oblivion damage per weave. Thats ludacris.Its like proccing viper on you every 1.4 secs that u cant shield.Good job u nerfed proc sets and gave us something 2xtimes strongers :P The logic is beyond me :P

    The logic is quite obvious. Nearly all proc sets were for stamina while we know the devs only play magSorcs. The fact they removed stamina proc sets and introduced a proc set that magicka sorcs can use makes perfect sense.

    And how are mSorc going to shield stack through oblivion dmg every 1.4 seconds? Sorcs will probably suffer the most from Torugs infused oblivion combo because it completely bypasses their shields and they dont have strong heals.

    Nah.

    The classes that are going to suffer the most are those that rely on block or dodge.

    Shields acutally cope best with oblivion dmg because they spread incoming dmg between two pools (shield and hp). That means having shields requires minimal healing compared to a build only working with HP. Shield builds also don´t rely on dmg reduction but have the ability to shield the dmg unmitigated (meaning the dps increase against them is actually not that drastic).

    Stamblades are probably going to suffer the most. Their healing is abysmal and they work with dmg avoidance rather than taking and healing. Problem is there is no way to avoid this dmg when it´s used with wall of elements or channeled attacks (they´ll eat 6k dmg passively just from jumping someone who´s aware of them).

    Block builds also get hit hard(er than shield builds). They´re usually setup to outheal blocked damage easily. They can´t block this dmg resulting in massive (and i´m talking more than doubled) incoming dps they have to outheal.

    It´s worst for medium armor. Then heavyarmor block builds. Then heavyarmor heal (magplar and magblade). Shield builds will adapt the easiest (with magblade being an absolute charm as their whole toolkit counters this kind of spread dmg).
    Ranged is always going to have an edge over melee.
    Edited by Derra on August 3, 2017 8:15AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

    Derra - DC - Sorc - Grand Overlord - Spotless Dro-m'Athra Destroyer pre one Tamriel
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - Grand Overlord
    ... - DC - NB

  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we can agree it's not fun regardless of class. Whoever hits first wins.
    Main characters:
    Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 41 - Stormproof (PC EU)
    Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)

    Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial Necromancer (lvl 8)
    Fearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)
    Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)
    Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDK
    Valirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBlade
    Turuna - AD Altmer magBlade
    Kheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDK
    Kibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - Stormproof
    Yavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWarden
    Azog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWarden
    Vidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDK
    Marquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - Stormproof
    Rawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWarden
    Tu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar

    All chars 50 @ CP 1000+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on Bahlokdaan PC EU.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if blazplar builds will be a thing again..

    Massive health pool (takes longer to die from oblivion)
    Health based dmg shields... (to protect from non-oblivion)
    Does next to no damage (apart from infused oblivion and the odd burst)

    Will simply outlast opponent due to healthpool
    Minalan owes me a beer.

    PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I wonder if blazplar builds will be a thing again..

    Massive health pool (takes longer to die from oblivion)
    Health based dmg shields... (to protect from non-oblivion)
    Does next to no damage (apart from infused oblivion and the odd burst)

    Will simply outlast opponent due to healthpool

    Shhh don't tell them, i don't want the time back when 80% of the players were templar who had one rota: Dark Flare, Dark Flare Beam or the easier Beam, Beam, Beam
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BohnT

    It's still a thing. I so often encounter Templars who just spam beam even on 100% HP targets because they bank on the damage from other players to bring you to 50%. Preferably from the back of a zerg. I loathe this more than any NB gank. A good gank at least takes some skill.
    Main characters:
    Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 41 - Stormproof (PC EU)
    Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)

    Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial Necromancer (lvl 8)
    Fearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)
    Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)
    Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDK
    Valirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBlade
    Turuna - AD Altmer magBlade
    Kheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDK
    Kibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - Stormproof
    Yavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWarden
    Azog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWarden
    Vidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDK
    Marquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - Stormproof
    Rawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWarden
    Tu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar

    All chars 50 @ CP 1000+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on Bahlokdaan PC EU.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Draqone wrote: »
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I went to the future and took this screenshot for you guys.
    20170723194943_1.jpg

    I sure do look forward to more of this in two weeks. If you can't understand why everyone having essentially free access to the 5 piece shieldbreaker set as part of their normal build is a problem... then I really don't think there is anything for us to discuss.

    Shields are strong, but they are an extremely proactive defense, and failing to upkeep it results in death quite often. Now everyone can basically just bypass ALL of your defenses that aren't just raw heals.

    this is nothing man.With torugs,even IF fixed, ull get hit by 3k oblivion damage per weave. Thats ludacris.Its like proccing viper on you every 1.4 secs that u cant shield.Good job u nerfed proc sets and gave us something 2xtimes strongers :P The logic is beyond me :P

    The logic is quite obvious. Nearly all proc sets were for stamina while we know the devs only play magSorcs. The fact they removed stamina proc sets and introduced a proc set that magicka sorcs can use makes perfect sense.

    And how are mSorc going to shield stack through oblivion dmg every 1.4 seconds? Sorcs will probably suffer the most from Torugs infused oblivion combo because it completely bypasses their shields and they dont have strong heals.

    Nah.

    The classes that are going to suffer the most are those that rely on block or dodge.

    Shields acutally cope best with oblivion dmg because they spread incoming dmg between two pools (shield and hp). That means having shields requires minimal healing compared to a build only working with HP. Shield builds also don´t rely on dmg reduction but have the ability to shield the dmg unmitigated (meaning the dps increase against them is actually not that drastic).

    Stamblades are probably going to suffer the most. Their healing is abysmal and they work with dmg avoidance rather than taking and healing. Problem is there is no way to avoid this dmg when it´s used with wall of elements or channeled attacks (they´ll eat 6k dmg passively just from jumping someone who´s aware of them).

    Block builds also get hit hard(er than shield builds). They´re usually setup to outheal blocked damage easily. They can´t block this dmg resulting in massive (and i´m talking more than doubled) incoming dps they have to outheal.

    It´s worst for medium armor. Then heavyarmor block builds. Then heavyarmor heal (magplar and magblade). Shield builds will adapt the easiest (with magblade being an absolute charm as their whole toolkit counters this kind of spread dmg).
    Ranged is always going to have an edge over melee.

    This. As Medium armor player the amount of people looking forward for this just to finally get those damn sorcs is very sad. I bet they will change to heavy armor or magicka builds soon after and I will again had to suffer another meta of useless medium.
    PC | EU | AD
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Draqone wrote: »
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    I went to the future and took this screenshot for you guys.
    20170723194943_1.jpg

    I sure do look forward to more of this in two weeks. If you can't understand why everyone having essentially free access to the 5 piece shieldbreaker set as part of their normal build is a problem... then I really don't think there is anything for us to discuss.

    Shields are strong, but they are an extremely proactive defense, and failing to upkeep it results in death quite often. Now everyone can basically just bypass ALL of your defenses that aren't just raw heals.

    this is nothing man.With torugs,even IF fixed, ull get hit by 3k oblivion damage per weave. Thats ludacris.Its like proccing viper on you every 1.4 secs that u cant shield.Good job u nerfed proc sets and gave us something 2xtimes strongers :P The logic is beyond me :P

    The logic is quite obvious. Nearly all proc sets were for stamina while we know the devs only play magSorcs. The fact they removed stamina proc sets and introduced a proc set that magicka sorcs can use makes perfect sense.

    And how are mSorc going to shield stack through oblivion dmg every 1.4 seconds? Sorcs will probably suffer the most from Torugs infused oblivion combo because it completely bypasses their shields and they dont have strong heals.

    Nah.

    The classes that are going to suffer the most are those that rely on block or dodge.

    Shields acutally cope best with oblivion dmg because they spread incoming dmg between two pools (shield and hp). That means having shields requires minimal healing compared to a build only working with HP. Shield builds also don´t rely on dmg reduction but have the ability to shield the dmg unmitigated (meaning the dps increase against them is actually not that drastic).

    Stamblades are probably going to suffer the most. Their healing is abysmal and they work with dmg avoidance rather than taking and healing. Problem is there is no way to avoid this dmg when it´s used with wall of elements or channeled attacks (they´ll eat 6k dmg passively just from jumping someone who´s aware of them).

    Block builds also get hit hard(er than shield builds). They´re usually setup to outheal blocked damage easily. They can´t block this dmg resulting in massive (and i´m talking more than doubled) incoming dps they have to outheal.

    It´s worst for medium armor. Then heavyarmor block builds. Then heavyarmor heal (magplar and magblade). Shield builds will adapt the easiest (with magblade being an absolute charm as their whole toolkit counters this kind of spread dmg).
    Ranged is always going to have an edge over melee.

    I agree with you to some degree. Medium builds will definitly struggle to heal through the oblivion dmg but a lightning/disease enchant combo would probably be harder for them to survive.

    Personally I havent played a heavy build in pvp so I cannot really speak from experience playing as one. I do know some heavy builds are very hard to kill, on live many ppl already run oblivion enchants and they seem to out-heal most dmg without problems. The thing is, heavies can also use torugs infused which will increase their dmg output significantly. So Im not quite sure if its a nerf or a buff to them.

    MagBlades will probably be the strongest class, a lot of skills complement light attack weaving and they can avoid dmg with cloak.
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Magna Firebreath - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Rulanir - Altmer Templar
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
Sign In or Register to comment.