The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should Ulti's be dodgeable?

zacvanm
zacvanm
✭✭✭
Seems like every time I use Dawnbreaker, someone dodges it. If one can't be dodged (DK Leap) then you shouldn't be able to dodge any.
Edited by zacvanm on July 30, 2017 4:54PM
EP Nord StamDK PvP
EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
1750cp
PS-NA

Should Ulti's be dodgeable? 42 votes

Yes
52%
kendellking_chaosb14_ESOninjaguymanFrozenAnimalDDemonNemeliomThrymbauldstrikeback1247Luigi_VampaAnti_VirusTasearJacen_VeronIlCanis_LupuslIZendrangetemshaunaNelson_RebelTheDoomsdayMonsterTr4gicDe4thdoslekisak_pvpBenoboy67 22 votes
No
47%
MojmirDeHeiSeptimus_MagnaAromakmurdomac101ApheriusGreenSoup2HoTOberon45StiltzLadyNalcaryaBeardimuscpuScientistBobby_V_RockitSkanderzacvanmWhite wabbitMorgul667TezlakipukaRikkofT1y4hoon 20 votes
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dawnbreaker is bugged. Will be undodgeable again next patch
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the ultimate, they all are supposed to have appropriate and varied forms of counterplay. But as the above comment says Dawnbreaker is getting fixed and won't be dodgeable next patch.
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    No
    SodanTok wrote: »

Incap can also be dodged. I just think since it's an ULTIMATE ability then none should be dodgeable.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zacvanm wrote: »
    SodanTok wrote: »

Incap can also be dodged. I just think since it's an ULTIMATE ability then none should be dodgeable.

Yeah, keep thinking that. But incap is dodgeable by design, dawnbreaker is undodgeable by design. Both choices are for sake of balance not some labels. Incap would receive some pretty big nerfs mostly to the cost if it became undodgeable.
  • T1y4hoon
    T1y4hoon
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I'm pretty sure you can dodge dragonleap, or at least the CC
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    T1y4hoon wrote: »

You can't dodge it, but you can block it and outrange it. Altho outranging it is really only feasible if you are in full retreat mode.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

You can't dodge it, but you can block it and outrange it. Altho outranging it is really only feasible if you are in full retreat mode.

You're not supposed to be able to dodge Dragon Leap. But it's still happening. Dragon Leap is still pretty jacked up... just like most other "gap closer" abilities. "Too high, too low" and faulty mechanics. I can't count the times I've wasted a Dragon Leap and had those stupid wings on my feet.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Make destro ult Undodgeable :P put a wall on the edges of the ultimate area , and make it so oncetime someone is on your destro ulti he can't escape :trollface:
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »

You're not supposed to be able to dodge Dragon Leap. But it's still happening. Dragon Leap is still pretty jacked up... just like most other "gap closer" abilities. "Too high, too low" and faulty mechanics. I can't count the times I've wasted a Dragon Leap and had those stupid wings on my feet.

I haven't see a dodge of Leap yet. But I feel your pain.

Kw6WtzD.png
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I personally think no ultimate should be dodgeable or purgeable.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If it was,it wouldn't be an ultimate.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »

I haven't see a dodge of Leap yet. But I feel your pain.

Kw6WtzD.png

That's awesome, it's like an evil Pegasus
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think everything should have a counterplay.

For instance you shouldn't be able to stack 5 destro ults and decimate groups by gapclosing whilst in roots etc. You shouldn't have a cheap 70% snare undodgable 40m beam. There is too much of all this skilless ***.

Remember when you actually had to time your meteor or it could get reflected? Now look at the 2h ulti. 30k instarips. Its honestly like they are trying to remove counterplay from this game. Rooted? Spam streak/TP strike. NB revealed? Press cloak straight after. Force pulse? Yeah not reflectable anymore *** you. This is getting too ranty.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zacvanm wrote: »
    If one can't be dodged (DK Leap) then you shouldn't be able to dodge any.

Why?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should be decided per Ultimate imo.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The poll should have a 3rd option: it depends on the Ultimate.

Everything about the Ultimate (its cost, range, number of enemies affected, ect, ect) should be considered before one decides wether the Ult should be dodgable or not...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on July 31, 2017 4:50AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragon leap might not be dodge able but I can't tell you how many times they bug out on me and never goes off. I would say 3/10 times I use the ult the wings come out but no leap or damage...

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the ultimate and how it works. Non AoE ultimate's should be dodge-able.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm... good question -should ulti's be more homogenized than they are now???

i come down on NO!
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Thrymbauld
    Thrymbauld
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    There are very few people I couldn't one-shot with the bow ult if there was no counterplay to it. Even if you survived the initial damage, the poison would kill you in anything short of full tank gear. You'd simply start taking hits and may as well sit down.

As much as I love melting someone with it, countering has to exist. It's a decent, but not spectacular ult with it. It'd be need to be nerfed into the ground without.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Their official stance is AOE ultimates are undodgeable, as well as beam attacks (which they state force pulse is but that's Currently dodgeable, but not reflectable).
    Edited by cpuScientist on August 1, 2017 4:00PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Depends on the ultimate, they all are supposed to have appropriate and varied forms of counterplay. But as the above comment says Dawnbreaker is getting fixed and won't be dodgeable next patch.

^^^