The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Tremorscale and Selene are still overperforming

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sellatrix is actually a fun set if you're a Stamplar..It procs quite a bit it seems and is super annoying to fight against.

• SirSocke
    SirSocke
    ✭✭✭
    With 15k stamina and 1.5k regen, you can dodge selene nearly forever. But if you think you should be able to survive 1vs30 (you against 30) then I understand the problem. As I told before I use selene to handle those 1vsXers.
    And if you don't want to dodge, you should not cry about heavy damage taken. Even in PvE the where attacks that have to be dodged because of onehitmechanics. If not, your shields were too strong...

And if dodging is not possible most of the time, like you try to tell us, stamina need strong shields as well. Dodging is our main defence and if it is not working I want it fixed or an other strong defence. :D
    Bosmer stamina nightblade!
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirSocke wrote: »
    With 15k stamina and 1.5k regen, you can dodge selene nearly forever. But if you think you should be able to survive 1vs30 (you against 30) then I understand the problem. As I told before I use selene to handle those 1vsXers.
    And if you don't want to dodge, you should not cry about heavy damage taken. Even in PvE the where attacks that have to be dodged because of onehitmechanics. If not, your shields were too strong...

And if dodging is not possible most of the time, like you try to tell us, stamina need strong shields as well. Dodging is our main defence and if it is not working I want it fixed or an other strong defence. :D

Wait. Did you actually say that u are using selene to kill people when they are outnumbered?
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

Wait. Did you actually say that u are using selene to kill people when they are outnumbered?

You should really try understand mechanics of this game.

Magicka user can't dodge often : if they have big stamina pool, like magdk, it's for blocking, not for dodging a lot. And Shield user have a poor stamina pool and stamina regen just enough to break free all the time and dodge/block in very rare moment.

Dodging is not possible most of the time because magicka player can't do it. Madium armor can dodge because it's their main pool. Also, if selene is hard to dodge it's not because dodge roll is weak, it's because selne is OP : More damage than incap, can proc every 4s, whitout anything to do for it, just use your usual rotation and see burst happen.

Also, you lost all credibility when you said you use selene for handle 1x30 players.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's not normal tryhard that's advanced tryhard. You should make a magplar it's much better to zerg down better players .

Have you even read my posts? You really compare the stamina drain in PvE with PvP? That's the most stupid thing I came across in a long time. Read my posts and think about it again if you really want to make yourself look stupid by bringing up bad and untrue arguments

Stamnbs have some of the best defence in the game for players who can actually play.

If you actually think that the stats I've listed are enough stam to avoid selene often enough then you should start playing a magicka char not just a gankblade with full proc setup.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You went full noob in that post.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

Magicka user can't dodge often : if they have big stamina pool, like magdk, it's for blocking, not for dodging a lot. And Shield user have a poor stamina pool and stamina regen just enough to break free all the time and dodge/block in very rare moment.

Dodging is not possible most of the time because magicka player can't do it. Madium armor can dodge because it's their main pool. Also, if selene is hard to dodge it's not because dodge roll is weak, it's because selne is OP : More damage than incap, can proc every 4s, whitout anything to do for it, just use your usual rotation and see burst happen.

Also, you lost all credibility when you said you use selene for handle 1x30 players.

Wrong person mate. Your reply is meant for someone else. Be more careful. I never said anything like that and im sure as hell not defending selene. I fully understand the mechanics of the game and thats why If it was up to me i would completely delete that set from the game.
    Edited by pieratsos on July 23, 2017 11:54AM
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

Wrong person mate. Your reply is meant for someone else. Be more careful. I never said anything like that and im sure as hell not defending selene. I fully understand the mechanics of the game and thats why If it was up to me i would completely delete that set from the game.

Calm @pieratsos , we clearly see this reply wasnt for u. :D
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

That's not normal tryhard that's advanced tryhard. You should make a magplar it's much better to zerg down better players .

Have you even read my posts? You really compare the stamina drain in PvE with PvP? That's the most stupid thing I came across in a long time. Read my posts and think about it again if you really want to make yourself look stupid by bringing up bad and untrue arguments

Stamnbs have some of the best defence in the game for players who can actually play.

If you actually think that the stats I've listed are enough stam to avoid selene often enough then you should start playing a magicka char not just a gankblade with full proc setup.

To be fair. Your arguments were heavily based on 100% uptime on selene (impossible to achieve) with made up 5sec dodge roll cost penalty (which is 3 I think) and some need to dodge every one of them because of impeding "bursted down" scenario when in most situations selene comes after the burst (or during it) giving you pretty easy to solve problem if it is worth dodge it or tank it.
    Not defending Selene in any way. But you make it sound better than it is.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

To be fair. Your arguments were heavily based on 100% uptime on selene (impossible to achieve) with made up 5sec dodge roll cost penalty (which is 3 I think) and some need to dodge every one of them because of impeding "bursted down" scenario when in most situations selene comes after the burst (or during it) giving you pretty easy to solve problem if it is worth dodge it or tank it.

I'm not in game atm but I'll check even though I'm sure the penalty is 5 sec long.

Over long fights, yes you won't have a 100% uptime of selene but also you have to block/ dodge more often than only selene so you can really say that you can not avoid selene all the time. The problem is that you have to decide in a fraction of a second if you should dodge or can tank through it, and even if it procs afterwards it still applies lots of pressure.
    Even a lucky light attack grants lots of free damage even if you don't have any resources left, for something that is free it should have some kind of penalty something that we can all agree selene totally lacks
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    akray21 wrote: »
    PvP'd all day. Guess what... I was not hit by Selene's a single damn time. However, I did have my Selene's dodged many times and had it secure a kill very few times all day long.

PvP'd the whole day, friend of mine used stamnb with selene got 89 killingblows with selene, in every other kill selene varied from 7-11k a long with incap, ambush and surprise attack. There was a time where you used assassin's will to secure a kill now selene does equal damage is more reliable and procs more often.
    You may need to learn how to AC it, just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's undoable.

Talk to the very good pvp players they'll all tell you that selene is completely broken and needs to be nerfed to bring some skill back in the game it's not like I a complete scrub say that it's broken, no in every good duel tournament and small group tournament the thing is banned for how unbalanced it is.

You JUST contradicted yourself. You say people need to learn how to use it, and that GOOD players say it's broken. Then you say it doesn't take skill.

Just because you can't dodge it doesn't mean it's undoable.

With a long of 130 you don't need to dodge it the enemy won't see it fast enough. And if you say that learning to dodge is part of skilled gameplay you should maybe stick to a different game.
    With lags it's impossible to dodge it every time and one hit is often enough to up the burst to s critical amount of damage.
    You have to dodge/avoid every selene proc while the enemy mostly has to be lucky once so luck decides who wins not player skill

I'd be down for an increased proc chance, and a much longer cooldown (20-30 seconds). But this would make the set totally usless in PvE. It's a shame they won't balance the game modes separately.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its actually even worse than what people say it is. Cause in reality you are lagging, snared, rooted, stunned, outnumbered, they jump you from behind etc, which makes it infinitely harder to counter it. Half of the OP broken sets in the game look "balanced" in theory . But when you actually put them on and try them you realise how stupid they are.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not in game atm but I'll check even though I'm sure the penalty is 5 sec long.

Over long fights, yes you won't have a 100% uptime of selene but also you have to block/ dodge more often than only selene so you can really say that you can not avoid selene all the time. The problem is that you have to decide in a fraction of a second if you should dodge or can tank through it, and even if it procs afterwards it still applies lots of pressure.
    Even a lucky light attack grants lots of free damage even if you don't have any resources left, for something that is free it should have some kind of penalty something that we can all agree selene totally lacks

That is true for nearly all of the proc sets. Selene has too big of a tooltip damage and lags and bugs make it harder to avoid (I still get invisible bear from time to time), but it has not that big of an impact (at least not that big over all other proc sets).

Its actually even worse than what people say it is. Cause in reality you are lagging, snared, rooted, stunned, outnumbered, they jump you from behind etc, which makes it infinitely harder to counter it. Half of the OP broken sets in the game look "balanced" in theory . But when you actually put them on and try them you realise how stupid they are.

Well when you start considering things like this everything in the game becomes problem. DK leaping you twice as often because of bloodspawn while you are lagging so you dont even see the leap animation is much worse. But nobody complains about this, because leap required to press a button at the right situation.

Which gets to the whole core of proc set balance. They are balanced around not reliability. Spending resources to use hard hitting ability when player is at low hp point is always better over something that may or may not hit. This balance should be enforced more. Tremorscale worrst offedener now. Selene on procblade hits 50% of the time on their ~2sec combo. Skoria hits every time it is off CD on DK or templar. Velidreth too on all builds.
  • SirSocke
    SirSocke
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, seems that I have not understood what you tried to tell, but I've been misunderstood as well...
    I put on selene to fight against those nearly immortal builds and not to zerg somebody down. And it sounds like BohnT would fight 1vsX and complains that he died by multiple selenes.

Maybe you, that hate selene, where right, but I cannot understand where is the problem with it. I nearly never die by selene. Everybody can dodge. But it sounds like no magicka-user want to do this. Complaining that the stampool is to low and dodging is too expensive...
    I've slotted purge and had too low magicka resources, so I made them bigger.

So explain, why do no magician put points into stamina and complains in the forums that the stampool is too low, please. I really want to understand why.

And BohnT. Please calm down. You act like a child. I have a different opinion about selene, but I've never attacked you personally.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tremor I think is fine.

Selene - Either nerf damage significantly, or make it such that it can be avoided even after a high damage stun. If you want an ultra-high damage mechanic that hits harder than most ultimates, it should always be avoidable.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tremor is ridiculous... if you go full heavy armor and a sword and shield you should be a tank and not be able to do decent burst damage 50% of the time you use ransack.

There is people who shieldcharge in and spam ransack.. it actually works since okayish damage and that obnoxious snare comes with it.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you a zergly who opinion should be ignored because he doesn't know what he talking about got it.
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*CRINGE*
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, seems that I have not understood what you tried to tell, but I've been misunderstood as well...
    I put on selene to fight against those nearly immortal builds and not to zerg somebody down. And it sounds like BohnT would fight 1vsX and complains that he died by multiple selenes.

Maybe you, that hate selene, where right, but I cannot understand where is the problem with it. I nearly never die by selene. Everybody can dodge. But it sounds like no magicka-user want to do this. Complaining that the stampool is to low and dodging is too expensive...

So explain, why do no magician put points into stamina and complains in the forums that the stampool is too low, please. I really want to understand why.

And BohnT. Please calm down. You act like a child. I have a different opinion about selene, but I've never attacked you personally.

Stop making yourself look like more of an idiot.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • SirSocke
    SirSocke
    ✭✭✭
    Great, how you take quotes out of context. And flame against any different opinion. And get personal...

I never said, that I do zerging with such a setup. I said that I use selene to fight against those nearly immortal builds, so that I have a small chance to get them does while they were feared.

I see, your opinion is right and all others not, I understand. Curious how exact the same defending arguments where taken by selenehaters to defend eye of the storm.

Ok then, lets make all proc sets unusable and join a peaceful cyrodiil with immortals only that kill new players. Great and boring times.

And maybe I am an idiot, but selenes damage is so easy avoidable on live and even easier to avoid on pts that I can not understand all your crying. So, please stop flaming and explain it for dummies.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dunno man, in battlegrounds it's so lop sided. You cop ambush (procs viper) followed by surprise attack which procs both viper and selenes, it takes very little skill to get 5 sources of damage all hitting at once while the person is stunned from the ambush. Selenes always hits higher than the other 3 sources of damage(and viper is a proc too).

It's just broken when you land 2 attacks which gives 3 procs and the highest damage from all of it comes from a 2 piece helmet. In CP campaign maybe you can dodge roll forever, but you absolutely cannot in battlegrounds where cp is disabled.

They either need to nerf Selenes, and all the other hard hitting procs so that their damage will never be higher than any class or weapon ability or put a global cooldown on all sources of proc damage.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • SirSocke
    SirSocke
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, in that combination there is a lot of damage. But viper cannot proc two times in that combo, because it has a cool down of 4 seconds. And viper is a dot on pts now.
    And most times a nightblade ambushes I have done a break free and a dodge before selene procs.
    I agree, a global cool down would be a good solution against proc stacking. But it has to contain every proc, even class procs.
    Edited by SirSocke on July 24, 2017 6:12AM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Tremorscale burst is significant but not that high :/

Allows the tank to do a minimum of DPS

I hope it doesnt get buried to the ground. Tank need some way to DPS

@Morgul667
    out of
    tanks are tanks they take all the dmg and last till enemy is mag and stam they should have dmg that's why heavy armor has been a problem people way to tank with way to much dmg
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    proc are stupid no matter what people say having chance in a in action based combat is pointless and takes away part of what the combat is
    why should a chance give you as much dmg as a ult makes know since why should a proc keep your pressure up while you heal

this is in the mind of pvp removing procs in pve could really hurt it but not a pver so wouldn't know but how much

proc underperforming or over preforming doesn't matter this game is a action combat shouldnt have any place
    Edited by lucky_Sage on July 24, 2017 6:50AM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is nothing really too complicated about this. Its very simple. The issue with selene and the proc sets in general is that they give very bad players like you, the ability to get kills that you wouldnt get under normal circumstances. It removes skill from the game and it destroys PVP by making it zergy and creates that stupid meta we have in every patch.

The fact that you admit that you need a proc set that has nothing to do with ur skill as a player to kill people that are already outnumbered highlights the problem those sets created.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    double post
    Edited by pieratsos on July 24, 2017 8:36AM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is true for nearly all of the proc sets. Selene has too big of a tooltip damage and lags and bugs make it harder to avoid (I still get invisible bear from time to time), but it has not that big of an impact (at least not that big over all other proc sets).

Well when you start considering things like this everything in the game becomes problem. DK leaping you twice as often because of bloodspawn while you are lagging so you dont even see the leap animation is much worse. But nobody complains about this, because leap required to press a button at the right situation.

Which gets to the whole core of proc set balance. They are balanced around not reliability. Spending resources to use hard hitting ability when player is at low hp point is always better over something that may or may not hit. This balance should be enforced more. Tremorscale worrst offedener now. Selene on procblade hits 50% of the time on their ~2sec combo. Skoria hits every time it is off CD on DK or templar. Velidreth too on all builds.

Well bloodspawn falls under that category of sets being balanced on paper and OP when they are actually used. Not saying that sets like that are good but at least they do require the user to actually do something to gain their usefulness. Proc sets like you said dont which is the biggest issue with them. They should have counters and player skill should be the deciding factor of whether you can land them or not.
    Edited by pieratsos on July 24, 2017 8:35AM
  • Freecry
    Freecry
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is not proc set the problem is QQ players.
    QQ all the tine for every thing
    nerf nerf nerf nerf all they say and Zos listen them :(

Ok nerf proc set
    Nerf Nb
    Nerf all you want but after don't cry if you can't kill anyone or if PVE is too hard.

I'm tired of these QQ post
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Freecry wrote: »
    The problem is not proc set the problem is QQ players.
    QQ all the tine for every thing
    nerf nerf nerf nerf all they say and Zos listen them :(

Ok nerf proc set
    Nerf Nb
    Nerf all you want but after don't cry if you can't kill anyone or if PVE is too hard.

I'm tired of these QQ post

No, its called we are tired of the stupid PVP gameplay with no skill and we want it to get better. And the problem is the people who dont want their crutches taken away.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    Tremor is ridiculous... if you go full heavy armor and a sword and shield you should be a tank and not be able to do decent burst damage 50% of the time you use ransack.

There is people who shieldcharge in and spam ransack.. it actually works since okayish damage and that obnoxious snare comes with it.

Tremors isn't burst damage, you're talking about a proc that's going to hit for 2.5k to 3k damage.

It was only powerful when you combined it with multiple proc sets like viper or red mountain. Both of those took a hit this patch.

Tremors eating a damage nerf is just going to result in stormfist or sellatrix being used with heroic slash.