The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Since health regen is getting nerfed do Nords need a buff?

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Right now the three top tank races are Imperials (for more max stats), Argonians (Healing received, and resource management), and Nords (Health regen tanks). However since health regen is getting nerfed, and therefore health regen tanks aren't going to be nearly as viable as they once were; should Nords receive a buff to keep them competitive?

My rational:

Nords aren't a DPS race, they're not a healing race, they're a tanking race. Unlike the other two races mentioned tanking is the only role they're considered for. Making them less viable for this particular role is very grim for this race.

The buffs can be along the lines of better resource management (maybe a similar passive to the Constitution passive?), mitigation (buffing Rugged), or damage (increased damage when using a 2H?)
Edited by Strider_Roshin on July 14, 2017 7:18PM

Since health regen is getting nerfed do Nords need a buff? 64 votes

Yes
78%
Joy_DivisionRykothkojouSanTii.92sollmalchiorTannus15runagateakray21Ragnaroek93skinnycheekstimidobserverDymenceXvorgNiclasFridholmOrphanHelgenEmma_OverloadStrider_RoshinGreenSoup2HoTVaoh 50 votes
No
21%
GilvothRex-UmbraVercingetorixSunahJohnRingoAnkael07TimeDazzlerSTEVILStereoLizriberionLadislaomarig63Anne_FirehawkArgonianwerecroc212 14 votes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Nords should have their old passive restored, you know the one where they took 5% more damage rather than reducing it. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Eejit1331
    Eejit1331
    ✭✭✭
    They are OP and should have their rugged passive reduced.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Eejit1331 wrote: »

Lol thanks :-P

You know this is a PvE perspective right? :wink:
  • Eejit1331
    Eejit1331
    ✭✭✭

No one but you uses them as a main. :open_mouth:
    Edited by Eejit1331 on July 14, 2017 7:26PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

No one but you uses them as a main. :open_mouth:

:disappointed: I know
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ice staves equipped on a nord should count as 2 set pieces - because reasons that make about as much sense as adding a taunt to a heavy attack on an ice staff
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Lol no they are not, not in pve, not in pvp.
    If any of the classes deserves a buff its the nords, there is nothing u can do better with a nord, becouse theres always a class that could do that job better, they are medicore at best
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

If any of the classes deserves a buff its the nords, there is nothing u can do better with a nord, becouse theres always a class that could do that job better, they are medicore at best

@Eejit1331 is a buddy of mine, he's just trolling me :tongue:
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh, I think Nords are actually highly underrated currently.

6% Damage Reduction is huge, and not just good for tanks only - in PvE it allows you to focus less on health & put more points in stamina and in PvP it's like having 2 extra impen traits that affect all dmg (not just crits).
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Id be a nord if they were not so tall. So i settled for Imperial since i wanted a health passive. Im actually nord though.
    PS4 NA DC
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

6% Damage Reduction is huge, and not just good for tanks only - in PvE it allows you to focus less on health & put more points in stamina and in PvP it's like having 2 extra impen traits that affect all dmg (not just crits).

6% Damage reduction is barely noticeable at all on a proper tank cause of all the diminishing returns damage mitigation has.

Also OP, what is this about Health Recovery being nerfed? In PvP, yes, cause of Defile, but you said this was in PvE Scenario. Nothing is changing Health Recovery.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

6% Damage reduction is barely noticeable at all on a proper tank cause of all the diminishing returns damage mitigation has.

Also OP, what is this about Health Recovery being nerfed? In PvP, yes, cause of Defile, but you said this was in PvE Scenario. Nothing is changing Health Recovery.

On a tank yes, but as a DD I'd say Nord is competitive with Imperial for example (which is only slightly worse than khajiit).

This is a recent development in PvE balance, as these days even Imperial stam builds have to get some health from gear/attributes to survive certain mechanics.
    Edited by DDuke on July 14, 2017 7:54PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Oh it's pretty solid in PvP. But not a huge deal in PvE (it does help with OHKOs though)
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Id be a nord if they were not so tall. So i settled for Imperial since i wanted a health passive. Im actually nord though.

I actually like the fact that they're big and brawny. I usually like playing as characters that resemble myself IRL, and I'm 6'5" and 250 lbs. People usually think I'm security when I go to bars lol
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

Lol I'm guessing you haven't done HoF yet.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have done HoF, not sure what you are referring to. Not seen any disease damage in there as far as I know.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

I have done HoF, not sure what you are referring to. Not seen any disease damage in there as far as I know.

As a tank you're constantly getting defiled in HoF. Which is why having a high health recovery tank is so useful. Now it makes no difference.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nords have been a mechanically weak race before the health recovery nerf. Rugged is good on paper, but is subject to diminishing returns - the more you try to capitalize on it the worse it becomes (somehow, the damage dealing races do not suffer this).

Healers and DPS don't want this race, which pigeonholes it to the least played role, and even tanks do not see it as the best, just one option among others.

I'm still waiting for that Cold oriented trial or dungeon so that the racial passive can shine...
    Edited by Joy_Division on July 14, 2017 11:29PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Give nords a buff to alcoholic drinks
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Give nords a buff to alcoholic drinks

So yes to buff then? Lol
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    needed a buff before and still do yes
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe "resistance" to slows/snares as a buff?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the status effect from the disease enchant stack with defile debuffs?
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Should share with orc passive with the weapon damage. And nords still keep rugged.
    Edited by sneakymitchell on July 23, 2017 7:26PM
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Teridaxus wrote: »
    Does the status effect from the disease enchant stack with defile debuffs?

Status effect from Disease is Minor Defile.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should keep the damage reduction passive but change the way it applies and make it stack with minor/major protection and mitigate incoming damage directly.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I think they should keep the damage reduction passive but change the way it applies and make it stack with minor/major protection and mitigate incoming damage directly.

But... it already does that.
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

@Eejit1331 is a buddy of mine, he's just trolling me :tongue:

HahaXD
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Proposed change to nords:
    -increase the rugged passive slightly something like 2-3% more
    -remove the health recovery and buff the amount of stam bonus
    -remove health recovery and give something like the constitution HA passive
    -move frost resist to flavor passive and instead give some passive tht gives both duration and increase amount gained from drinks
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nord needs buffs regardless of health regen being nerfed.