The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Housing npcs, what type do you want for your home?

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personal chef, brewer, steward. Wish visitors could use my banker, or that my banker would have guild functions.

Guards would be cool, I'm not really into servants but it could work.

Oh! A GARDENER! Someone has to water and weed my creations. :D
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    I want to pose my not-in-use-characters in my home, with their given personalty for some movement. The last position of the character within the home is how it remains until next log in, only able to post each character at its last known house, opposite being able to place my banker and merchant at each home. I dont want these to be counted as collectible or housing items, ie if i have 8 total, one playable then 7 are posed in which ever house I leave them within, so 2 in one home, 2 in another ect....
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    If these NPC are anything like some of the mods I have seen on Skyrim then you definitely have my attention :#
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want more functionality so that I don't have to go out to the bank and deal with all the 630s that have nothing better to do than stand around spamming their skills.

On console, load times are over a minute for me (at the minimum), so porting to any wayshrine takes time, and then I get there and everyone is dueling right around the wayshrine - so lag and skill effects galore...as I stutter over to the writ boards and crafting areas.

So, yes to an NPC who grants access to your guild banks/traders. And while we're at it, give me writ boards so I can pick up AND turn in my daily writs (or an NPC runner to give them to).

I dunno why people are saying that the towns feel lifeless - I guess if you go to any town without the usual amenities, then yes, but most cities on XB are full of people dueling or standing around spamming.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 25, 2017 3:55PM
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    Grymmoire wrote: »
    Well, for that ultimate spooky house effect, ghosts floating about and through the walls and floors and all sizes of creepy looking spiders with webbing throughout.

THIS 100%
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Along with the merchant and fence we have now.

1. Buff the banker so he can access the guild bank.
    2. Guild trader for my stores.
    3. Gear repairman
    4. Writ deliveryman
    5. Horse groomer/farrier for riding lessons
    6. Carriage driver that can take you to a wayshrine (handy for those who have houses far away from wayshrines)

P.S: hurry up with the new skins for the banker and merchant please ZOS.
    Edited by MattT1988 on July 26, 2017 11:49AM
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't really care what NPC's they are, as long as there's some Argonian options. Honestly, I think it'd be much better if there were more merchant and banker options racially than just a Redguard merchant and a Dunmer banker.

So yes! If any Argonnian options were made available, I'd be happy!...but not slaves. My people are NOT slaves! 3:<
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on July 26, 2017 10:49PM
  • Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't just want NPC's, I want random spawned NPC's. People from the storyline, dropping in and giving you a gift. An old friend you helped way back when kill some goats that you've forgotten about comes and gives you a fish. Stuff like that. I've spent so much time and money on my house. Absolutely love it, just wish housing was more visible.
    Yes, I do heartily repent. I repent I had not done more mischief; and that we did not cut the throats of them that took us, and I am extremely sorry that you aren't hanged as well as we.

— Anonymous pirate, asked on the gallows if he repented.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Undaunted group laughing, singing, and drinking in front of a fire.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random guild npc from that come and visit your house :)
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any other ideas for npcs
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DB guard skeletons
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might not be very likely, but I would like a flexible system. Imagine being able to use the personalities on any housing NPC and chose what animations they will use.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • CrisXD
    CrisXD
    ✭✭✭
    Lydia
    PS4 EU
    Tamriel Dance Masters:
    AD - Altmer MagSorc, Altmer Magplar, Redguard StamBlade(PVP)
    EP - Nord Tank, Altmer MagSorc(PVP), Dunmer MagBlade(PVP)
    DC - Redguard StamWarden, Breton MagDK

GM - The Taverneers PS4 EU

Feeling Fresh Traders PS4 EU
  • Serelir
    Serelir
    ✭✭
    I bought a house so I could get away from people.

Then again, if I can put people back in my inventory when I want to be alone, I would like:

- A brawny orc personal trainer/security expert to deter burglars
    - A gardener to tend my herbs while I'm out on adventures
    - Someone to feed and groom my menagerie
    - That shirtless Nord guy from Bleakrock Village, because he makes me laugh
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A herd of cats.
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta laugh, ZOS Housing is a Role Players Heaven but totally useless.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    Gotta laugh, ZOS Housing is a Role Players Heaven but totally useless.

you just said its roleplayers heaven yet you say its totally useless? contradicting statement :/
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really interested in this, though I would definitely pick a good looking npc, that would be the primary requirement.

The problem is: the npc will likely wear some ugly outfit, so it would be nice to decide about their appearance, assigning to her/him one of the costumes/accessories we own, and the ability to change that as you do with your character through a dedicated interface.

Or even create the npc in a dedicate editor (as you do with your own characters) to be entirely of our taste and imagination, assigning also the name, sure.

Of course this is all absurd and won't happen, for what I've seen they are trying to maximize the income giving us sloppy and unfinished products in many cases, maximum profit for minimum effort, this can work somehow for a time with newcomers and truly afficionados until it won't last anymore to keep a large customer base.

In the end I would just hope those npc don't count against the item slots number, given the already present issue with that, it should be considered an insult.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    In the end I would just hope those npc don't count against the item slots number, given the already present issue with that, it should be considered an insult.
    The upcoming Soulshriven just stand there, and yes, they do take up a slot.
  • CoyoteNZ
    CoyoteNZ
    ✭✭
    I want my skyrim family back, but allowed more kids.

• Serelir
    Serelir
    ✭✭
    Oh, wait! I know whom I want: Mannimarco. He's very handsome and powerful and would cause all sorts of lively chaos in my house while I'm out saving Nirn.

I would have to fend off those Main Questers trying to do away with him, I suppose. It would be great fun! Those horrible walls blocking the view from my cottage would finally serve a purpose.
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »
    A herd of cats.

cats are not herd animals

in groups they are called a clowder or glaring

just an fyi since I am bored.....
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • Bellamy
    Bellamy
    ✭✭✭
    I think the two NPC types that I want most to be able to have in my house are a bard and a spouse. It would be really neat if you could choose bards based by instrument - or even put together a band. I would definitely buy a bard, especially if they had one that both played a lute and sang.

I wonder if they'll be able to make the NPCs wander and randomly interact with furniture if they ever implement that sort of thing. It could leave a lot of room for reserving certain actions for certain characters (like a groundskeeper vs a cook, for example).
    Edited by Bellamy on August 11, 2017 6:49AM
    @Be11amy
    PC | NA | CP340
    Rhase | Dunmer | Magplar DPS
    Jo'lli | Khajiit | Warden Healer
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Well I need guards & servent's and belly dancing dancers like I hade in aoc - and hem slaves it's after all a red guards palace I got
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Artis on August 11, 2017 6:14PM
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The characters on my account.
    2. Training assistant or Squire- an NPC that will provide buffs for you and debuffs for a target skeleton and use skills that you specify (orbs? healing springs with a master staff effect for stam regen?). Basically, an NPC that would let you train and do DPS tests without having to look for someone else.
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raz
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bards absolutely, and hopefully I can choose their repertoire.

Dancers absolutely, and hopefully I can choose their outfits (or lack thereof). I already installed the poles, just need my Bosmer wenches.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want "Milva Githalvel" for my house!
    She is the dancing Dunmer at "The Ebony Flask" in Ebonheart!
    Huzzah!!!!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)