The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Housing npcs, what type do you want for your home?

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love the usual.

cooks, servers, musicians/bards, guards - you know :P and possibly babies and priests.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    A troll that just walks around squating random furbishings making loud grunting noises with goblin spotters.
    Xbox One Na
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy :
    Bard
    Soldier
    Mercenary
    Guard
    Vampire
    Bloodfiend
    Werewolf
    zombie
    Ghost
    Edited by Krainor1974 on January 21, 2018 9:45PM
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think I'd be interested in this, but after placing the Soul Shriven in my house on PTS I missed him on live and bought one.

It would be more interesting if future npcs did more than just stand there
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Useful ones that can be bought without spending irl $.

I'm not holding my breath for anything but diZoSappointment
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reviving an important thread
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    An Altmer Bard,
    Telvanni Magister,
    fat, male, skooma smoking, Khajiit,
    Dunmer dancer,
    Shadowscale Argonian,
    and one drunken Nord.
    Edited by Dystopia2020 on January 21, 2018 9:37PM
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chickens, cows, sheep... Chickens would make nice non-combat pets too. I'm happy we're getting butterflies!
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Arieark
    Arieark
    ✭✭
    I would love to see bards and guards. I too would love to be able to change what they look and what armor or clothes they have on. Also maids and butlers would be cool.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't be ugly, first requirement.
    But it will probably come dressed very ugly, so I would like (whoever the npc is) to get it dressed with the costumes I own or chose myself among the "npcs outfits".

All considered... I might prefer the ability to put in my houses my other characters.

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    - Cadwell
    - Innkeeper
    - Guards
    :)
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Dark Brotherhood assassins & skeleton guardians
    - Faction guards & Imperial guards, perhaps even Daedra guards
    - Maybe a bard or two to entertain guards who aren’t on duty & guests
    Edit: for faction guards also include their respective race’s Armor style as not every faction guard is a Breton/Altmer/Nord
    Edit 2: also like to add PVE enemies as guards to my list, what I mean is like the veiled heritance, bloodthorns, etc. Could work well for RPers, pretending to be the real mastermind behind the Veiled heritance/bloodthorn cult/Stormfists etc. And also bandits cause some like the bandit lifestyle.

(Also like to add a note: yes I know my suggestions are mostly military things, but thats cause I have zero civilian ideas right now :smile: )
    Edited by Shadow_Akula on January 31, 2018 10:14PM
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    Cook
    Butler
    Waiter
    Guards
    thralls
    monsters
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d say every type of NPC, creature and animal should be available in CS so we can set them up how ever we want in our homes.
    There also should be atleast 10 slots for there placment.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on January 22, 2018 5:24PM
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Story NPCs visiting randomly.

Mercenaries/ guards of each race plus dremora

killable critters of all kinds
  • AardvarkChips
    AardvarkChips
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to have the option to hire cooks, maids, butlers, guards, maybe a groundsman or two. Call them NPC hirelings.

I'd really, really, really like to hire and equip guards, including siege weapons, and then be able to trigger an instanced attack sim by generic bad guys, undead, whatever.
  • Laeril
    Laeril
    ✭✭
    I'd really love bards, guards, cooks and servants. It'd be wonderful for RP too if any placeable NPCs could interact with random furnishings as well as wander. Vampires and werewolves may be good for lairs too.
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    Chickens, cows, sheep... Chickens would make nice non-combat pets too. I'm happy we're getting butterflies!

Also agree with @SisterGoat about the farm animals! Wandering groups of chickens and the odd cow or two would be great for the farm I made in Ravenhurst.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A merchant that can buy my goods and repair. This would be for house only.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every different type of merchant in game including a permanent golden and luxury vendor
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on January 31, 2018 4:43PM
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Cortanacamo
    Cortanacamo
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely a bard, both a female and male one.
    Though yeah, there should be house npc for all of the crafts, trading and furnishing.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viggard the Sparrow as my bard. His voice soothes the mind and serves as a perfect lullaby.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    1452119548575.png

FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    i'd like traveling npcs like a random merchant coming from time to time.

I would also love to be able to grow herbs :< (farmers gotta farm).

Edit: original post was kind of unrelated to topic
    Edited by shinikaze on February 1, 2018 7:33PM
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    how about making an alt spawn and intreact with stuffs (sitting on chairs, reading books, cooking, hammering, wlking arround sleeping)
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bards who can sing any of the songs being performed at taverns across Tamriel. We get to choose what they look like and what they sound like. Are they good singers, bad singers, maybe even drunk singers?
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I would like to be able to have animated versions of, and to a limited degree interact to my offline characters.

I'm going to parrot this. My house is designed around the idea that my band of adventurers live and travel together, or alone. my house is designed in such a way that everyone has a section of the house that is uniquely theirs and to have them in those areas "working" would be cool. The altmer in the study, the Orc in the training arena, the bosmer in the garden, the Breton in the library, the argonian at the funeral pyre performing last rites, Nord in the forge room, khajiit in the loft, dunmer in the library as well I guess. She really does not have a place. just struts around like a snob.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a guard and a slave is all I ask for. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Gothren on February 5, 2018 2:47AM
  • AardvarkChips
    AardvarkChips
    ✭✭✭
    Bards who can sing any of the songs being performed at taverns across Tamriel. We get to choose what they look like and what they sound like. Are they good singers, bad singers, maybe even drunk singers?

As long as one of them is Malukah.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    Assistances can go in your home, well at least the smuggler can
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as one of them is Malukah.

Yes! If we get bards one must be Malukah! She’s an awesome singer!