Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Orsinium is bigger and better than Morrowind

Jubilee_Cake
Jubilee_Cake
✭✭✭
Greetings, Warlords!

With the Morrowind release I got 2 more toons, 2 new wardens. I played them through start game locations to reach lvl 45 and 41. Then I decided I should finally complete both Morrowind and Orsinium.
So I started Morrowind with my level 45 Warden and completed it finally (done everything but trial) with 10k of XP to reach lvl50. Some questline were kewl, plottwist was good and interesting.
But it took me only 2 hours to complete actual storyline. Sidequests were not bad but I can't remember anything special about them.

Then I played with my lvl41 Warden and completed Orsinium (same story: everything but Maelstrom Arena) with 70k of XP to reach lvl 50. The main questline is a masterpiece, the best ever been in ES series (yeah, I'm overreacting), side quests had tonns of characters I met before, lots of lines in dialogues were connected to those quests. Can't say anything special about sidequests (same Dren, sure).

I'm not a good friend of words and phrases so I want to make the conclusion:
Morrowind is smaller, shorter, duller, less interesting, has little common with old Morrowind and it's way worser than Orsinium.
Orsinium is a winner without doubts.

So, whaddya think of it?
EU: Qa-ra ... Redfurred ... Mourith ... Vinelle ... Jearati
Ynglinne ... Furry Tale ... Ko'shka ... Q'illa ... J'unne
A'gratter ... Lexxette ... Kath'anni ... Catorinne ... La Befana
Francatstein ... Fluffy Bluff ... Eridium Blight
NA: Riddle-dar ... Dra's al Ghul
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium was better in alot of ways, morrowind should have been a dlc with warden as part of the base game.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you did Morrowind in two hours you missed quite a bit. Some quest hubs in Vvardenfell have multiple chained quests to complete with a final reward of skill point and costume, personality, etc.

But, I do believe that if Orsinium came out today it would be a chapter.
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS can state million of times Morrowind is bigger than Orsinium. But there are a lot of free and unused spaces all around Morrowind.

And stoopid Sadrith-Mora questline where you run from A to B to return back immediately 90% of time.
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • Jubilee_Cake
    Jubilee_Cake
    ✭✭✭
    If you did Morrowind in two hours you missed quite a bit. Some quest hubs in Vvardenfell have multiple chained quests to complete with a final reward of skill point and costume, personality, etc.

But, I do believe that if Orsinium came out today it would be a chapter.

I have done all quests with all quest hubs whitened. So I have costumes, skillpoints and so on. I have done everything but trial.
    What I say is main questline is extremely short: 2 hours to complete it.
    With mount maxed it can be even shorter. 1.5 hours or lesser.
    Edited by Jubilee_Cake on July 9, 2017 7:42PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium was and is awesome, as too was Imperial City with it's longevity / replayability. I did everything in Orc land, every single thing. I bought TG and did nothing but starter quest so far. Then got ESO+ haven't started DB, nor Vvardenfell no real appetite. Wrothgar was a real stand out DLC.

The only annoying thing was the crafting writ hand in bugs on Xbox.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can get from lvl 1 to lvl 35 easily with questing in Morrowind (way more than enough to go 5 levels), you skipped a significant amount of content. Also (as has already been established) you title is inherently false, Vvardenfell is physically larger than Wrothgar. Orsinium was also improved over a few patches. Example: whereas Morrowind came with 4 new motifs Orsinium didn't have any until later patches. On top of that, Morrowind is going to be getting more motifs in coming patches, as well as more battlegrounds.
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    morrowind definitely doesnt deserve to be called an expansion. zos just released a new class alongside a normal dlc zone. thieves guild came with a new trial and IC came with a different pvp mode so its no different in that regard either (if more effort was put into BG's I'd have a diff opinion).

and i agree wrothgar was really good, probably the best zone in the game
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind vs Orsinium
    • Not shorter
    • Not smaller
    • Not duller
    • more or less beautifull, Ill leave that to each individual to decide
  • Jubilee_Cake
    Jubilee_Cake
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    You can get from lvl 1 to lvl 35 easily with questing in Morrowind.
    You totally missed the levelling changes in Morr patchnotes: levelling from 1 to 30 is way faster than from 40 to 50.

You can take any lvl45 toon to repeat my journey: it'd take you same journey to lvl50.

Crafting sets in not BIS now so it doesn't matter if there are new motif pages or not.

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium is the best DLC they've done so far, but I love Morrowind, too, and consider it #2.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get from lvl 1 to lvl 35 easily with questing in Morrowind (way more than enough to go 5 levels), you skipped a significant amount of content. Also (as has already been established) you title is inherently false, Vvardenfell is physically larger than Wrothgar. Orsinium was also improved over a few patches. Example: whereas Morrowind came with 4 new motifs Orsinium didn't have any until later patches. On top of that, Morrowind is going to be getting more motifs in coming patches, as well as more battlegrounds.

Morrowind has a larger amount of inaccessible areas,you can't count that.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

There was a really nice post in the beta forums where someone actually scaled the maps, cut the inaccessible areas then compared them pixel by pixel and Morrowind came out bigger.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of all the additions post base game, Orsinium has been my favorite. I still spend time in that zone. TG/DB were not designed well in my opinion, it wasn't fun to level the skill lines for each of those at all. I did not enjoy the go do these boring things until you hit the next level and can do the next actual quest in the story. MW has been ok, I liked a lot of the quests, enjoyed the area, have done all the WB's and hunting achievements on one character and working on the second now (like fetching all the tomb rubbings etc). I like to spend time in Wrothgar, I don't have that same pull to hang out in Vvardenfell.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally i enjoyed Morrowind's quest and content more than Orsinium's, but regarding size Vvardenfell Overworld Is 64.26% Larger Than Craglorn and 52.90% Larger Than Wrothgar, can't be discussed.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on July 9, 2017 8:09PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Jubilee_Cake
    Jubilee_Cake
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter if Morriwind is bigger cause it's totally empty mostly: rare enemies, rare loot and rare users who try to get Buoyant motif pages.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Mojmir wrote: »

There was a really nice post in the beta forums where someone actually scaled the maps, cut the inaccessible areas then compared them pixel by pixel and Morrowind came out bigger.

inaccessible also means inland, where you cant explore/open doors.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry OP. you are clueless on both size and time to do both zones if you <THINK> you completed them that fast.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Orsinium was too spread out.
    I am currently trying to do it with my new Warden that has 3% mount speed and its terrible getting around!

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar is very pretty, and the city of Orsinium is everything that the devs claimed. However, the main quest there has never inspired me. I have never gotten further than The Anger of a King on any character. I have done a few side quests, but I have never completed the museum. Mainly, Orsinium was a writ location, and that was all I did there. My active play was elsewhere. Today, the only thing that takes me to Wrothgar is surveys.

On the other hand, I found the Morrowind main quest to be more interesting. I have no idea how long it took me to complete it, or how much XP I got while I was going through Vvardenfell the first time, but it took me a couple weeks of daily play to get everything in there that I wanted done before I moved on to other things.

I think that the reason that the Orsinium main quest has been so hard for me is that I really don't give a hoot about the Great Moot. I seem to be assembling a host of people who don't want to be part of a host of people. I am content to let them be.

In Vvardenfell, I felt that I was actually doing something important.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jubilee_Cake
    Jubilee_Cake
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Sorry OP. you are clueless on both size and time to do both zones if you <THINK> you completed them that fast.

All quests.
    All bosses.
    All costumes.
    UPD.: All titles

Everything but trial and maelstrom.

I have done it all.
    Edited by Jubilee_Cake on July 9, 2017 8:31PM
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium is the best content (and biggest) they've produced and it seems to be the only time they realy put some effort into the content. But hey, TES and ZOS fanboys will still argue Morrowind is bigger and better.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar is easily my favorite zone, with Craglorn following closely behind. Why? Because it's a farmer's paradise. Throw in the beautiful Orc-styled architecture, and snowy backgrounds... And you have a recipe for success. Did I also mention the polar bears scattered about? Freaking polar bears! Yes please! :)
  • Jubilee_Cake
    Jubilee_Cake
    ✭✭✭
    Comparing Orsinium and Morrowind in physical sizes looks like comparing Sweden and Syberia. The second one is way bigger yet it's empty and gives you lesser opportunities to do things.
    Edited by Jubilee_Cake on July 9, 2017 8:29PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »
    Orsinium is the best content (and biggest) they've produced and it seems to be the only time they realy put some effort into the content. But hey, TES and ZOS fanboys will still argue Morrowind is bigger and better.

How can you even argue is bigger. Do you have anything to back that up.

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind is still just an Overpriced DLC which they gimped out eso+ users on getting.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All quests.
    All bosses.
    All costumes.
    UPD.: All titles

Everything but trial and maelstrom.

I have done it all.

How long did it take you to farm the Sixth House Robe?

How long did it take you to find all of the tombs? Was that with or without assistance?

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    love how ppl find it unfathomable that the morrowind content can be done so fast, not everyone frolics and gazes at scenery all day.
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How long did it take you to find all of the tombs? Was that with or without assistance?
    3 hours to grind 85k and to buy all pieces.

How long would it take to get sharpened VMA weapons?)
    I'm talking not about grinding and some boring increasing of timeplay spending. Pure Morrowind chapter game is short and empty

EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex_Lex wrote: »

3 hours to grind 85k and to buy all pieces.

How long would it take to get sharpened VMA weapons?)
    I'm talking not about grinding and some boring increasing of timeplay spending. Pure Morrowind chapter game is short and empty

How are you comparing maelstrom with public dungeons? Do so with Halls..

• PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys make me feel bad that I've done almost every quest in the game and because I skip all of the dialogue and play with the volume off I have 0 clue what any of you guys are talking about.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB