Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 22:00 UTC (6:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

Holiday in Balmora costume does not dye...

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it looks nice with the dye pack from the crown store and then change the pants to coldharbour ash black.

33fanf9.png
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • EvilKiwi
    EvilKiwi
    ✭✭✭
    I have been looking forward to this costume since the crown store showcase at the start of the month. Signed on today brought it just to be totally disappointed. The colouring on this needs a serious fix. It looks terrible with most dyes, and I don't wanna be running around wearing baby pink (about the only colour that shows up) looking like the pink panther rather than a bad ass sorcerer. :(
    Edited by EvilKiwi on June 30, 2017 8:40AM
    No Lollygagging.
  • WeyounTM
    WeyounTM
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one has bought the outfit too and was really disappointed while dyeing it. But then this one found out that in order to dye your shirt correctly, you just need to be a vampire and find a victim, yes?
    After all, blood stains don't wash away easily, no?

Screenshot_20170630_053210.png
    Magicka-Khajiit-Player since Beta

PC-EU Vivec Sotha Sil Campaign
    Heals-your-Paws Khajiit Magplar - Main Char - AD (sadly)

Little-Miss-Hurricane - Khajiit -Stamsorc - DC
    Saves-your-Paws - Khajiit MagDK - DC
    Lucký-Paws - Khajiit StamDK - DC
    Icy-Paws - Khajiit Magden - DC
    White-Paws - Khajiit Stamblade - DC
    Paws-of-the-Light - Khajiit Stamplar - DC
    Adusa D'aro - Khajiit Stamplar - DC
    Purrs-at-the-Moons - Khajiit Stamcro - DC
    Necrotic-Paws - Khajiit Magcro - DC
    White-Claws - Khajiit StamDK - AD
    Sticky-Paws - Khajiit Stamplar - AD
    Silent-Paws - Khajiit Magblade - AD

Hides-the-Skooma - Khajiit Stamden - EP
    Protector-of-the-Mane - Khajiit Magplar -EP
    Leaps-your-Paws - Khajiit MagDK - EP
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WeyounTM wrote: »
    This one has bought the outfit too and was really disappointed while dyeing it. But then this one found out that in order to dye your shirt correctly, you just need to be a vampire and find a victim, yes?
    After all, blood stains don't wash away easily, no?

Screenshot_20170630_053210.png

Your kitty just invented tie dyeing in the Elder Scrolls universe.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    ARE YOU SERIOUS. Like if anyone ever thought that the entire dye system didn't need an overhaul I hope this will change your mind. Dyes should not be muted or changed in any capacity just because they are on a certain kind of material. Whites should not turn tan or gray just because they're on leather. Reds should not lose their vibrancy just for being on leather. It's not even a "realism" thing otherwise we wouldn't be able to dye metals at all. Please change the way that dyes work on a fundamental level, this is just ridiculous.

It's not a problem with how dyes work on a fundamental level, it's a problem with the tintmaps.

A tintmap is a version of the texture that will determine the strength at which a dye is applied to a given pixel. It uses each channel of the texture for one "layer" if you will (this is why you have three dyeable areas: one for each channel of an RGB texture). If a pixel is full white, then the dye will be applied at full strength. If it's black, the dye won't be applied at all. Greys, as you might expect, apply the color at intermediate strengths.

The problem here is that, for whatever reason, the pixels in the texture channel for the corset are not bright enough. This is an art problem, not an engineering one. Oddly enough, the dyes actually are being well-applied to the BACK of the corset, but the front is washed-out.

I don't know what tech they use to implement how dyes work but assuming that tintmaps are used that still doesn't fully cover how dyes work. There are many instances where a color will be significantly changed, where dual-tone colors only display one of the tones, where things are over or underperforming in terms of how shiny they are, etc. That doesn't sound like it's covered just by tintmaps, they seem to be discrete properties that are separable from each other. That's why I'm calling for a more fundamental change, because I think we should be able to more-or-less control these aspects to suit or aesthetic needs. Sure, you'll get some people running around with shiny-looking velvet cloth, but... I don't care? That should be their decision.

I'm pretty sure I can explain everything you're talking about, but you're being very vague so I might be misinterpreting.

If "a color will be significantly changed," it's probably because the diffuse texture is not neutral-toned. If you try and blend a blue color into a pixel that's already red, you're not going to get blue. I have not noticed this being a significant issue in ESO, so if you could provide specific examples, that'd be very helpful.

I don't know what you mean by "dual-tone colors." That seems self-contradictory to me. Can you explain?

Shininess or specularity is a whole separate can of worms, and whether or not it can be controlled by their tinting system depends entirely on the specific details of how they render materials. In Dragon Age, for example, the "tint" actually holds both a diffuse color and a specular color, because they can render specular color per-pixel. In Skyrim, on the other hand, specular color is defined per model-part, not per-pixel, and that color is stored in the mesh, not in a texture.

The nirncrux dye color appears to me to alter the specular color of the thing dyed, so my best guess is that ESO's system is something more flexible, more akin to Dragon Age's than to Skyrim's. However, the specular intensity (that is to say, how shiny it is, rather than what color it shines) doesn't seem to be something that dyes change. Rawhide thieves guild armor is not shiny, no matter what dye you use, and rubedo leather thieves guild armor is shiny, no matter what dye you use.

It sounds to me like what you want is more control over material shader properties, and that's something that goes far beyond a dye system. It would be cool, but it would not address the issue this thread actually raises, and I think the performance cost would be prohibitive.

@mesmerizedish

If it's some kind of pre-colored diffuse texture issue then yeah, that's gotta go. Anyway here's a variety of shots that display what I mean.

Those are the same dye, Ruby Throne Red, the reddest dye in the game. Typically it imparts a shine to the garment, but this is not observed in the first costume. Now, I don't want a shine in the first costume, and I'm sure for some characters they'd prefer the red color but not have the shine, but I digress. We can clearly see that the shade itself is dramatically changed between the two costumes, with the dress being far more what is expected compared to the kilt.

These two show basically the same thing, only using the greenest dye in the game, Ophidian Jade. It also gives a shine to things, yet we cannot see this in the kilt.

This is Dragonstar Red, one of the two-tone dyes I was referring to. Depending on a variety of conditions parts will look more reddish and other parts will look more purple. This effect is not observed on the sash of the kilt whatsoever, and its effect on the kilt itself are so diminished that it is all but imperceptible except at the most extreme lighting condition differences. Incidentally, the Nirncrux Red you mention is also a two-tone! It has pinkish-red and brown components.

Now what would I like to see different? I'd like the color itself to be consistent across all items, for one thing. WIthout exception. While there are absolutely some neat colors that have been generated due to the wonkiness of the dye system interacting with certain items, those should just be separate colors, not something you're forced to deal with when you expect an entirely different color. I'd also like a dye's shininess to be optional. Basically all rare dyes have that intense property, but sometimes it's a bit much even for my main character. And sometimes I want it to show up but on a totally different dye altogether. I'm not asking for a slider (I don't code this sort of thing so I have no idea how hard it would be on performance, but I'd err on the side of caution), but a handful of options would be super welcome.

ALSO if Juliianos White could actually turn my gosh darn leather armor white that would be just SWELL.

And on a final note, if dual-tone colors could also be released as single-tone colors that would be amazing. Like, some of these are great on their own in either shade, but really hard to work with when paired together.

@Recremen

I cut the pictures so I didn't create a giant a quote tree, but they did a great job at helping me figure out what exactly is going on, so thanks for them!

What the pictures have told me is that, as I suspected, specular strength is not part of the dye but of the item itself. Ruby Throne Red does not "impart a shine to the garment." It's the patrician's gown itself that is shiny, whereas the argonian kilt is not.

As for what you call "dual-tone" colors, they just have a noticeable different specular color; i.e. they shine some color that stands out against the base tone. That's also why you don't see the "second tone" on the argonian kilt: low specular strength means a less visible specular color.

I too would like colors to be consistent across all items, but that would mean standardizing all items' diffuse textures to appropriately neutral tones, and making sure the tintmaps are, on average, the same brightness. Again, it's an art/design issue, not an engineering issue.

As for the shininess being optional, as I said earlier, the shininess has nothing to do with the dye. That property is inherent to the item itself. I would love the ability to change the specular strength at a dye station, but that may not work out very well. It's very possible that their specular maps are just a single greyscale channel, so any change to specular strength could only be applied to the entire garment. This would look very bad on items that have, for example, both metal and cloth parts.

[EDIT] And yes, I need Julianos white to look good on leather XD It's extremely likely that that's an issue with the diffuse texture not being neutral enough.

@mesmerizedish

No, it really is a property of the dye as well, not just the garment! Here, have two more images.

ndmQy0B.jpg

1H02vcd.jpg

The first is Birch White, a Common-tier dye, and then Julianos White for comparison again in the same lighting conditions. Both white, but Julianos White, a Rare-tier dye, very much imparts a unique property that is not inherent to the garment. This makes me think that whatever tech they're using is at least somewhat different than what you're describing. There is clearly some combination of influences based both on the dye and the material, with the material superseding the expected dye behavior when there is a conflict.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like that it would be possible to dye it somewhat darker.. not only on the back
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought it, even knowing it dyes badly. Hoping I could come up with something at some point that I like. Its hard, I don't do bright and shiny anything, and I do like the very dark. Trying to find a color combo I could live with was difficult. And I am still not happy with the result. It would have been nice if it dyed in a similar fashion to the costume that looks a lot like it. That one my main wears all the time and took color amazingly. Unless the color issue is resolved, I don't think that I will be using this new one much if at all.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The costume is great, but I echo others here.

Dyes need fixing for sure.

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ARE YOU SERIOUS. Like if anyone ever thought that the entire dye system didn't need an overhaul I hope this will change your mind. Dyes should not be muted or changed in any capacity just because they are on a certain kind of material. Whites should not turn tan or gray just because they're on leather. Reds should not lose their vibrancy just for being on leather. It's not even a "realism" thing otherwise we wouldn't be able to dye metals at all. Please change the way that dyes work on a fundamental level, this is just ridiculous.

ZOS phoning it in as usual.

*NO ONE* should be surprised by this. If you are, you haven't been paying attention.
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not a problem with how dyes work on a fundamental level, it's a problem with the tintmaps.

A tintmap is a version of the texture that will determine the strength at which a dye is applied to a given pixel. It uses each channel of the texture for one "layer" if you will (this is why you have three dyeable areas: one for each channel of an RGB texture). If a pixel is full white, then the dye will be applied at full strength. If it's black, the dye won't be applied at all. Greys, as you might expect, apply the color at intermediate strengths.

The problem here is that, for whatever reason, the pixels in the texture channel for the corset are not bright enough. This is an art problem, not an engineering one. Oddly enough, the dyes actually are being well-applied to the BACK of the corset, but the front is washed-out.

I don't know what tech they use to implement how dyes work but assuming that tintmaps are used that still doesn't fully cover how dyes work. There are many instances where a color will be significantly changed, where dual-tone colors only display one of the tones, where things are over or underperforming in terms of how shiny they are, etc. That doesn't sound like it's covered just by tintmaps, they seem to be discrete properties that are separable from each other. That's why I'm calling for a more fundamental change, because I think we should be able to more-or-less control these aspects to suit or aesthetic needs. Sure, you'll get some people running around with shiny-looking velvet cloth, but... I don't care? That should be their decision.

I'm pretty sure I can explain everything you're talking about, but you're being very vague so I might be misinterpreting.

If "a color will be significantly changed," it's probably because the diffuse texture is not neutral-toned. If you try and blend a blue color into a pixel that's already red, you're not going to get blue. I have not noticed this being a significant issue in ESO, so if you could provide specific examples, that'd be very helpful.

I don't know what you mean by "dual-tone colors." That seems self-contradictory to me. Can you explain?

Shininess or specularity is a whole separate can of worms, and whether or not it can be controlled by their tinting system depends entirely on the specific details of how they render materials. In Dragon Age, for example, the "tint" actually holds both a diffuse color and a specular color, because they can render specular color per-pixel. In Skyrim, on the other hand, specular color is defined per model-part, not per-pixel, and that color is stored in the mesh, not in a texture.

The nirncrux dye color appears to me to alter the specular color of the thing dyed, so my best guess is that ESO's system is something more flexible, more akin to Dragon Age's than to Skyrim's. However, the specular intensity (that is to say, how shiny it is, rather than what color it shines) doesn't seem to be something that dyes change. Rawhide thieves guild armor is not shiny, no matter what dye you use, and rubedo leather thieves guild armor is shiny, no matter what dye you use.

It sounds to me like what you want is more control over material shader properties, and that's something that goes far beyond a dye system. It would be cool, but it would not address the issue this thread actually raises, and I think the performance cost would be prohibitive.

@mesmerizedish

If it's some kind of pre-colored diffuse texture issue then yeah, that's gotta go. Anyway here's a variety of shots that display what I mean.

Those are the same dye, Ruby Throne Red, the reddest dye in the game. Typically it imparts a shine to the garment, but this is not observed in the first costume. Now, I don't want a shine in the first costume, and I'm sure for some characters they'd prefer the red color but not have the shine, but I digress. We can clearly see that the shade itself is dramatically changed between the two costumes, with the dress being far more what is expected compared to the kilt.

These two show basically the same thing, only using the greenest dye in the game, Ophidian Jade. It also gives a shine to things, yet we cannot see this in the kilt.

This is Dragonstar Red, one of the two-tone dyes I was referring to. Depending on a variety of conditions parts will look more reddish and other parts will look more purple. This effect is not observed on the sash of the kilt whatsoever, and its effect on the kilt itself are so diminished that it is all but imperceptible except at the most extreme lighting condition differences. Incidentally, the Nirncrux Red you mention is also a two-tone! It has pinkish-red and brown components.

Now what would I like to see different? I'd like the color itself to be consistent across all items, for one thing. WIthout exception. While there are absolutely some neat colors that have been generated due to the wonkiness of the dye system interacting with certain items, those should just be separate colors, not something you're forced to deal with when you expect an entirely different color. I'd also like a dye's shininess to be optional. Basically all rare dyes have that intense property, but sometimes it's a bit much even for my main character. And sometimes I want it to show up but on a totally different dye altogether. I'm not asking for a slider (I don't code this sort of thing so I have no idea how hard it would be on performance, but I'd err on the side of caution), but a handful of options would be super welcome.

ALSO if Juliianos White could actually turn my gosh darn leather armor white that would be just SWELL.

And on a final note, if dual-tone colors could also be released as single-tone colors that would be amazing. Like, some of these are great on their own in either shade, but really hard to work with when paired together.

@Recremen

I cut the pictures so I didn't create a giant a quote tree, but they did a great job at helping me figure out what exactly is going on, so thanks for them!

What the pictures have told me is that, as I suspected, specular strength is not part of the dye but of the item itself. Ruby Throne Red does not "impart a shine to the garment." It's the patrician's gown itself that is shiny, whereas the argonian kilt is not.

As for what you call "dual-tone" colors, they just have a noticeable different specular color; i.e. they shine some color that stands out against the base tone. That's also why you don't see the "second tone" on the argonian kilt: low specular strength means a less visible specular color.

I too would like colors to be consistent across all items, but that would mean standardizing all items' diffuse textures to appropriately neutral tones, and making sure the tintmaps are, on average, the same brightness. Again, it's an art/design issue, not an engineering issue.

As for the shininess being optional, as I said earlier, the shininess has nothing to do with the dye. That property is inherent to the item itself. I would love the ability to change the specular strength at a dye station, but that may not work out very well. It's very possible that their specular maps are just a single greyscale channel, so any change to specular strength could only be applied to the entire garment. This would look very bad on items that have, for example, both metal and cloth parts.

[EDIT] And yes, I need Julianos white to look good on leather XD It's extremely likely that that's an issue with the diffuse texture not being neutral enough.

@mesmerizedish

No, it really is a property of the dye as well, not just the garment! Here, have two more images.

The first is Birch White, a Common-tier dye, and then Julianos White for comparison again in the same lighting conditions. Both white, but Julianos White, a Rare-tier dye, very much imparts a unique property that is not inherent to the garment. This makes me think that whatever tech they're using is at least somewhat different than what you're describing. There is clearly some combination of influences based both on the dye and the material, with the material superseding the expected dye behavior when there is a conflict.

@Recremen

I did a more thorough investigation by looking at the same dye on different costumes and I'm confident that you're misinterpreting what you're seeing. There are many outfits that are not shiny and that are still not shiny even with a rare dye like Julianos white. The reason the patrician's gown doesn't appear as shiny with birch white is because the specular color (not intensity) defined by the dye is more grey than the bright white-blue that Julianos white has. That bright white-blue specular color is not visible if you put the Julianos dye on the Glenmoril robe, for example. It's easy to make a shiny thing appear less shiny by making the specular color darker, but the reverse is not true. That's why birch white makes the patrician's gown look more matte, but Julianos white does not make the Glenmoril robe look shinier.

For sake of consistency, I'd have used the argonian kilt instead of the Glenmoril robe to check things out myself, but I don't own it XD
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@mesmerizedish

@Recremen

@mesmerizedish

@Recremen

I did a more thorough investigation by looking at the same dye on different costumes and I'm confident that you're misinterpreting what you're seeing. There are many outfits that are not shiny and that are still not shiny even with a rare dye like Julianos white. The reason the patrician's gown doesn't appear as shiny with birch white is because the specular color (not intensity) defined by the dye is more grey than the bright white-blue that Julianos white has. That bright white-blue specular color is not visible if you put the Julianos dye on the Glenmoril robe, for example. It's easy to make a shiny thing appear less shiny by making the specular color darker, but the reverse is not true. That's why birch white makes the patrician's gown look more matte, but Julianos white does not make the Glenmoril robe look shinier.

For sake of consistency, I'd have used the argonian kilt instead of the Glenmoril robe to check things out myself, but I don't own it XD

@mesmerizedish

I mean, if the difference in what you're calling specular color is causing one to be shiny and the other not, then I'm not sure what the functional difference is for most garments, since we can still split the classification into "costumes/armor that takes dyes as expected" and "aberrant costumes/armor". Either way, I'm glad we agree that it's not really behaving as desired, regardless of the particular details of how it's implemented.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @mesmerizedish , @Astrid_V thanks:) So the crown store exclusive red does more or less override the costume's lack of willingness to dye. Surprise>.<
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to fix this... I feel tricked. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course no response from ZOS as yet. Hope they're enjoying their long weekend after pulling this on us.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went back to my elven hero costume. That crown store red one looks great on that
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PocketNova wrote: »
    Just used black as the blue looked like an ugly candy stripe.

The left - what I wanted (dyeable), the right - what I got (***).

qB6yezF.png

Guess its another costume to add to the undyable unused pile. There needs to be a warning in the crown store, 'Item does not hold dye'.

I tried so many colours, my entire 3rd tier of dye's are useless. Gold was purple, pink was purple, bronze was purple, black was grey, blues were grey, greens were grey. One highlight though, grey was grey.
    lwJYGf4.png

How in the hell do you all make such attractive characters? Damn. Y'all making characters look beautiful than some that I see while driving around. Lmao.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

How in the hell do you all make such attractive characters? Damn. Y'all making characters look beautiful than some that I see while driving around. Lmao.

Because she's photoshopped. lol :D
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Of course no response from ZOS as yet. Hope they're enjoying their long weekend after pulling this on us.

With the number of complaint threads you make, must they answer every single one? xD
    This costume is not the first piece to take dyes poorly. Many armor pieces take dyes poorly. Also, Many colors work amazing on it. Maw of Lorkaj achievement dye, Abyssal Beryl, is stunning on it. Same with Julianos White.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This costume is not the first piece to take dyes poorly. Many armor pieces take dyes poorly. Also, Many colors work amazing on it. Maw of Lorkaj achievement dye, Abyssal Beryl, is stunning on it. Same with Julianos White.

The problem is we PAID for it. Many of us with a particular dye in mind, and it doesn't work. I think answering is the least they could do.

Edited by Delpi on July 3, 2017 10:02PM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »

The problem is we PAID for it. Many of us with a particular dye in mind, and it doesn't work. I think answering is the least they could do.

[snip]

I understand the desire for an answer or simple complaints, but a bit of logic goes a long way. OP only shared a few dye examples as well. I shared just as many good dyes.

On the point of paid for it, you paid for the costume and not a guarantee that it will be exactly what you want. No?

[Edit for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 4, 2017 2:32PM
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Because she's photoshopped. lol :D

My girl isn't photoshopped. Those are direct in game caps.

Oh, and for those that mentioned the same outfit with the skirt, there's a dress version coming this month. Hopefully it dyes much better. The top appears to have a sheen, maybe that's a good sign.

5ca81cbe10cd724f73e43414afa6622f.jpg?_ga=2.169061921.1049719960.1497566539-929343558.1497566612

via http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/07/03/crown-store-showcase-july-2017
    Edited by PocketNova on July 3, 2017 10:55PM
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    That dress is nice, but very disappointing that it has those shoulder pads, it would look so much better with bare shoulders like the holiday costume.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On the point of paid for it, you paid for the costume and not a guarantee that it will be exactly what you want. No?

Sorry? I paid for a costume, and I also paid for ESO+, with includes the ability to dye costumes. I'm just asking for a service I already paid. What's wrong with that?

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry? I paid for a costume, and I also paid for ESO+, with includes the ability to dye costumes. I'm just asking for a service I already paid. What's wrong with that?

You already get what you paid for though? Last I checked it does in fact dye, just not exactly how you want.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno are we going to get some information on this? Will you at least start giving dye previews so we can NOT waste our money on something it turns out we'll never use?

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if this is only looks, Would be nice to have this fixed

• Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up on the Holiday in Balmora costume, not so much because of how it dyed. I came up with a passable solution to that using the red and white crown store dye, then coloring the non-red parts to suit my liking. But I seriously can't stand the clipping that occurs around the left hip when the character is mounted. The costume is inexpensive, true, but that doesn't mean it should be of such poor quality that it clips and takes dye badly.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • skyhawk002
    skyhawk002
    ✭✭✭
    I looked forward to the outfit for a longtime and I purchased it and I am most pleased
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skyhawk002 wrote: »
    I looked forward to the outfit for a longtime and I purchased it and I am most pleased

You're lucky then. Most of us don't appreciate being forced to wear pastels.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mauin wrote: »
    I've tried every red I have and not one of them does what I want it to on that costume.

I agree. I had such lovely red visions for my dunmer, and not one [unprintable] red dye works on the top.

Really messed up in terms of dye-a-bility
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis