Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 22:00 UTC (6:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

Holiday in Balmora costume does not dye...

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
... well at all. See for yourself.

Original undyed version: (And for some reason the pic function is broken for me here today so you'll just have to click the link and peek at my imgur)

http://imgur.com/EDHf5sj

And this is the entire thing dyed Coldharbor Ash Black

http://i.imgur.com/oS2NILj.png

And here is is dyed completely in Daedric Red

http://i.imgur.com/EPY2tSS.png

As you can see there is virtually NO difference in the colors from the original version. Who tested this? Anyone? Did someone test it and think, "Customers will LOVE this!"

@ZOS_GinaBruno PLEASE tell me this is NOT intended and is being fixed pronto!

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just glad I didn't buy the male costume and you can bet I won't be now. I hope people see this before buying so they don't get wildly disappointed as I just did.

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's true there are many colors that don't take very well on this costume, but it's still possible to make it look nice if you don't like the default color. I think it takes the whites/blues/purples pretty durn well.

vgy2DBU.png

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that it doesn't take MOST of the colors well or truly. I feel utterly ripped off, even if it was only 500 crowns.

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    The problem is that it doesn't take MOST of the colors well or truly. I feel utterly ripped off, even if it was only 500 crowns.

It is looking pretty much good under 500, not sure why everything has to be always perfect?

Colors issue may zos adress so better take it easy!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on June 29, 2017 4:47PM
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I expect the rest of the Dunmer costumes to be the same now. Suddenly less than excited for the next Crown Store showcase ... :/
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is looking pretty much good under 500, not sure why everything has to be always perfect?

Why does it have to be "perfect?" Because I spent real money on it, that's why.

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ARE YOU SERIOUS. Like if anyone ever thought that the entire dye system didn't need an overhaul I hope this will change your mind. Dyes should not be muted or changed in any capacity just because they are on a certain kind of material. Whites should not turn tan or gray just because they're on leather. Reds should not lose their vibrancy just for being on leather. It's not even a "realism" thing otherwise we wouldn't be able to dye metals at all. Please change the way that dyes work on a fundamental level, this is just ridiculous.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you make it look pretty in pink? I was planning to make mine pink but now am hesitant to buy
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »
    Can you make it look pretty in pink? I was planning to make mine pink but now am hesitant to buy

Depends... pastel pink? Probably. Hot pink? No.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh me oh my...
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    ARE YOU SERIOUS. Like if anyone ever thought that the entire dye system didn't need an overhaul I hope this will change your mind. Dyes should not be muted or changed in any capacity just because they are on a certain kind of material. Whites should not turn tan or gray just because they're on leather. Reds should not lose their vibrancy just for being on leather. It's not even a "realism" thing otherwise we wouldn't be able to dye metals at all. Please change the way that dyes work on a fundamental level, this is just ridiculous.

I agree with this sentiment.

Logically, the dye affects a single layer of the costume/armor. Whether that's a overlay layer or a dedicated color layer on the model, it should only be affecting that one layer.

The solution is to allow the color to apply at "full power" and then add a transparency slider to the dye station. Once the color is applied, the user can adjust the color shading up or down until it looks realistic. This would elimate some - not all - of the over-colored armors one sees running around the game.

I'm actually surprised this wasn't added in the original dye station release. The first time I used a dye station, I was looking for this adjustment.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with this sentiment.

Logically, the dye affects a single layer of the costume/armor. Whether that's a overlay layer or a dedicated color layer on the model, it should only be affecting that one layer.

The solution is to allow the color to apply at "full power" and then add a transparency slider to the dye station. Once the color is applied, the user can adjust the color shading up or down until it looks realistic. This would elimate some - not all - of the over-colored armors one sees running around the game.

I'm actually surprised this wasn't added in the original dye station release. The first time I used a dye station, I was looking for this adjustment.

This is brilliant. I wonder why ZOS hasn't thought of it? SIGH :neutral: Seriously though, yes the dye system is in desperate need of an overhaul like this!

• andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

UUUMMMMMMM major eye roll to "not sure why everything has to be always perfect"...

If i said that to my boss, i'd get fired, and i'm a Sr Graphic Designer at a billion dollar company. Everything you put out should be your BEST work. Maybe it doesn't have to be perfect, but HAS to be excellent! Majority of items put out by this company has been far from perfect and very far from excellent. More like very poorly executed.
    Edited by andreasranasen on June 29, 2017 5:54PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    It's true there are many colors that don't take very well on this costume, but it's still possible to make it look nice if you don't like the default color. I think it takes the whites/blues/purples pretty durn well.

vgy2DBU.png

Ha she looks like she's wearing jeans :D Nice dye combo though.
  • Sheva I 7 I
    Sheva I 7 I
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a slutty stripper costume for Surans house of earthly delights...
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Sigtric wrote: »

vgy2DBU.png

Ha she looks like she's wearing jeans :D Nice dye combo though.

I was trying for a denim look, so mission accomplished!
    Edited by Sigtric on June 29, 2017 6:19PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

UUUMMMMMMM major eye roll to "not sure why everything has to be always perfect"...

If i said that to my boss, i'd get fired, and i'm a Sr Graphic Designer at a billion dollar company. Everything you put out should be your BEST work. Maybe it doesn't have to be perfect, but HAS to be excellent! Majority of items put out by this company has been far from perfect and very far from excellent. More like very poorly executed.

You raise a good point, however, I'm not so sure it really has anything to due with it being not perfect or broken. Maybe this costume is intended this way?

Less of not everything has to be perfect
    More of not everything has to be super bright and vibrant?

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not even a "realism" thing otherwise we wouldn't be able to dye metals at all. Please change the way that dyes work on a fundamental level, this is just ridiculous.

It's a realism thing in that it's really a pigment station, not a dye station.

signing off
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a slutty stripper costume for Surans house of earthly delights...

That's a lot of costume to strip out of.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna be honest here, I'm a little triggered that your colors aren't sorted by color
  • Mauin
    Mauin
    ✭✭✭✭
    5mQDXE8.jpg

Excuse the lighting there. I just plopped that dye station down earlier to dye things quickly. That's my attempt at dyeing the Balmora costume according to the scheme I have for my mag sorc. She's got Pact Conqueror Red, Thalmor Black, and Coldharbour Ash Black on that. I've tried every red I have and not one of them does what I want it to on that costume. The blacks look the same as well, but that isn't bugging me nearly as much as the fact that reds don't look red. Most of them seem to be either pink or grey.

As much as I like this costume (it looks fantastic on several of my characters, including a few of the men), I do not like how it dyes.
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not a problem with how dyes work on a fundamental level, it's a problem with the tintmaps.

A tintmap is a version of the texture that will determine the strength at which a dye is applied to a given pixel. It uses each channel of the texture for one "layer" if you will (this is why you have three dyeable areas: one for each channel of an RGB texture). If a pixel is full white, then the dye will be applied at full strength. If it's black, the dye won't be applied at all. Greys, as you might expect, apply the color at intermediate strengths.

The problem here is that, for whatever reason, the pixels in the texture channel for the corset are not bright enough. This is an art problem, not an engineering one. Oddly enough, the dyes actually are being well-applied to the BACK of the corset, but the front is washed-out.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    overall I like it very much, though the it could take dyes better. Like much better
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mauin wrote: »
    5mQDXE8.jpg

Excuse the lighting there. I just plopped that dye station down earlier to dye things quickly. That's my attempt at dyeing the Balmora costume according to the scheme I have for my mag sorc. She's got Pact Conqueror Red, Thalmor Black, and Coldharbour Ash Black on that. I've tried every red I have and not one of them does what I want it to on that costume. The blacks look the same as well, but that isn't bugging me nearly as much as the fact that reds don't look red. Most of them seem to be either pink or grey.

As much as I like this costume (it looks fantastic on several of my characters, including a few of the men), I do not like how it dyes.

I was SUPER excited to get those pants and boots with a top that wasn't stupid like the earlier Breton one. And then it turns out... the top is stupid after all. :(

• RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    lel3.png

I first saw this wonderful costume in the Morrowind closed beta. I actually sent in a ticket, basically begging that it be put in the crown store! And low and behold, it is here!

I have been waiting for weeks, months, for this to be released. Actually woke up this morning and it was the first thought that hit my brain. MUST GO BUY MY COSTUME!!

Unfortunately, once I did, I realized that I can not use dark colors on the top, like... at all.

I suffer from a condition I like to call "Black-itous" In pretty much every game I play that allows you to color your clothing... I will sit in the dye station for about 30 minutes, trying different colors, and then I end up painting it all black. I love black. You really can't go wrong with black. So, in the end, most of my costumes end up black, and I am very happy with it, always.

So, obviously, I was very disappointed that I can not dye the top black at all. Or even any deep color!

I have seen NPC's with a beautiful deep red top, so why can we not achieve that!?

I would really like to humbly ask that this be changed, so that we have more options for coloring the top. This is a beautiful, awesome mesh! But, this dying issue is really disappointing. :(
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please fix Zeni
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    They definitely knew this before putting it out. The chances of every dye pack currently on sale for Crowns vividly dyeing every part of the costume would be next to zero otherwise. How many dyes we get in game with? One in five, one in ten vividly?

Draw your own conclusions.
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh...

I have to say though, the clipping issue while mounted bothers me more than the dyeing issue.

Both really should be addressed. What a shame. :(
    ->--Willow--<-
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted another pic of the costume dyed, and a short review on this thread in the Crown Store section: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356187/looking-forward-to-getting-my-holiday-outfit#latest
    I also posted pics of the male outfit dyed.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even Ruby Throne Red looks good :( Instead I look like a semi-bondage version of a saloon girl.

Screenshot_20170629_143427_zpsn6wgpmiq.png
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!