Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 22:00 UTC (6:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

Holiday in Balmora costume does not dye...

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno we are still waiting for response about these dye and clipping issues. We payed real money for this costume and it should be fixed immediately, instead of pushing another costumes to crown store and pretend like everything works as intended!
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the kind of things I really hate from ZOS, They just ignore us. I have a lot of problems with costumes, not only this one. For Mac users, some costumes show up a very disturbing white line clip on their backs. This was pointed out several times on Mac section of the forum for years.... You know what? It's still there.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. Needs to be able to go dark black :(
    PS4 NA DC
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    skyhawk002 wrote: »
    I looked forward to the outfit for a longtime and I purchased it and I am most pleased

You're lucky then. Most of us don't appreciate being forced to wear pastels.

Yeah, I love the outfit. I'm still trying to figure out how to make it look good. Even the iridescent dyes (like Atmoran Bronze or Aetherial Blue) that are my usual go to when normal options fail aren't looking that great.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to try and find someone from the art team to tag, but looks like they don't really use the forums.
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argh, this drives me crazy. It's one of my favourite outfits and yet, the dyes just don't want to work on it. Such a disappointment! :'(

Seriously tho, PLZ fix this. I want to be able to wear this outfit!
    Edited by Neyane on July 7, 2017 4:03PM
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no Dev comment on this? @ZOS_GinaBruno ??? Pretty please?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, never heard a single word of complaint from my girls.

0DayTi7.jpg

Except perhaps the Nord on the left, but she's the grumpy one.

(Yes, the very front of the top piece is rather washed-out. I suspect it is intentional, and it kinda fits the general aesthetic of the costume.)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, never heard a single word of complaint from my girls.

0DayTi7.jpg

Except perhaps the Nord on the left, but she's the grumpy one.

(Yes, the very front of the top piece is rather washed-out. I suspect it is intentional, and it kinda fits the general aesthetic of the costume.)

If this is intentional then we need a dye preview function before purchasing any new costumes. Getting something you hate is not a good surprise.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I guess they aren't going to address the dye issue. Just once I'd love to see them surprise me.

• Aluiries
    Aluiries
    ✭✭✭
    Here is mine! Looks great to me.
    0165bb70dd3f1c0b7b46bcca04d4741f.png

Edited by Aluiries on July 24, 2017 10:52AM
    Roleplay Character - Caylee Vesari

'It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are, gone in a moment, like breath on a mirror. Any moment now... He's a-comin'
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All those posting that they like it, or it looks fine on their character, that's great. Fact remains though that it only looks nice if you want muted/pastel shades, and if you bought this hoping to dye it black or some other brighter or striking shade you are going to be disappointed.

If this is working as intended and not going to be fixed then we really should have a dye preview option so that we can know what is possible or not with a given costume before spending money.
    Edited by adriant1978 on July 24, 2017 11:48AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All those posting that they like it, or it looks fine on their character, that's great. Fact remains though that it only looks nice if you want muted/pastel shades, and if you bought this hoping to dye it black or some other brighter or striking shade you are going to be disappointed.

If this is working as intended and not going to be fixed then we really should have a dye preview option so that we can know what is possible or not with a given costume before spending money.

Yes. Dye preview is required. Right now, we have to wait for someone to buy the durn blasted thing and report back with pictures.

Also, keep in mind that Marketing apparently has a hand in this. The in-game colors look really bad with these, but those shiny Crown dyes seem to look pretty good. Expect more of this sort of thing in the future as this fixes a nasty problem that Marketing is probably seeing... ESO Plus people are not buying the Crown dyes in large enough quantity.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You pretty much have to dye the shirt white if you want it to look good. Just about everything else looks bland, cheap, and washed out. ~Pepper
    bhljxh.png
    iyzp8x.png
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Dye preview is required. Right now, we have to wait for someone to buy the durn blasted thing and report back with pictures.

Also, keep in mind that Marketing apparently has a hand in this. The in-game colors look really bad with these, but those shiny Crown dyes seem to look pretty good. Expect more of this sort of thing in the future as this fixes a nasty problem that Marketing is probably seeing... ESO Plus people are not buying the Crown dyes in large enough quantity.

Yes, the same person who was behind the disgusting rip offs in the cash shop in SWTOR got hired here even though virtually everyone, upon learning ESO was going to institute a cash shop, adamantly said, "Cash shop? Okay... but don't you DARE do ANYTHING the way they do it in SWTOR!" And now we have gamble crates with "exclusives" far and above what we were told would ever be in there and now this awful and very shady business with the dyes.

News Flash marketing department: Until you sell single color dyes that are PERMANENT UNLOCKS and go into the dye station and work exactly like the dyes I got endlessly playing your game, I, and many others, are NOT going to touch them.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

News Flash marketing department: Until you sell single color dyes that are PERMANENT UNLOCKS and go into the dye station and work exactly like the dyes I got endlessly playing your game, I, and many others, are NOT going to touch them.

I am not interested in single use dyes, either.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 24, 2017 2:30PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not interested in single use dyes, either.

I really don't know why they thought people would be, especially in a set up that doesn't even allow you to choose which dye goes in which channel...and predetermines a set of dyes in the first place! C'mon Zeni, offer colors I want as permanent unlocks and yes, you can take my money.

• jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    White-white-black looks great with this dress. Combine it with tattoos all over the shoulders, long red hair and proper eyeliner/lipstick and you end up being super sexy.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    White-white-black looks great with this dress. Combine it with tattoos all over the shoulders, long red hair and proper eyeliner/lipstick and you end up being super sexy.

It does look good in that color combination, which is what I ended up doing. But the point is that dyes need to be consistent regardless of the texture they are being applied to and Zeni seemingly won't do that. That's the real problem.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does look good in that color combination, which is what I ended up doing. But the point is that dyes need to be consistent regardless of the texture they are being applied to and Zeni seemingly won't do that. That's the real problem.

I am not sure what they were trying to accomplish with these two costumes. Nirncrux Red looks like a reddish brown. Dominion Yellow looks like a yellow brown. Orichalc Green looks like a green brown. To my eye they are just tints applied to the same brown color base.

What is really interesting is that the Rare ones that I have look the worst to me, when they normally look the best. I used Common and Uncommon colors and those really work well, as long as you are OK with pastels. The best white turned out to be Soul Shriven Pale, although Birch White can be used if the Soul Shriven Pale is too blinding. Best of all, it is not a white tint on brown, or a dark shade of grey. Red Diamond Red looks more red where Nirncrux Red looks more brown, and it is about the same as the "rare" Pact Blood Red. Falinesti Green and Jute Green look about the same, and better than any of the Rare greens that I have.

Note that I am using the left most color for comparison, since it seems to be the worst.
  • Evanlyn_Winter
    So i'm pretty late to the discussion but while i agree the outfit certainly doesnt dye well, I think with the right colors it can work.
    I think the tinted grey, dusty pink, and black work.

https://imgur.com/a/AHWwO9Z
    Edited by Evanlyn_Winter on July 7, 2018 7:19PM
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread necro, but it's still legit. 99% of costumes now dye very, very poorly--the new Summerset ones included. What is the point of the option for ESO+ when most of them dye like absolute arse? Not only that, but most of the ones released within the past year look like they've been drenched in a thick layer of oil.
    Edited by Numerikuu on July 7, 2018 7:29PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »
    Thread necro, but it's still legit. 99% of costumes now dye very, very poorly--the new Summerset ones included. What is the point of the option for ESO+ when most of them dye like absolute arse? Not only that, but most of the ones released within the past year look like they've been drenched in a thick layer of oil.

Agreed. :/ I had been looking forward to Pyandonean in particular, and rich dyes look faded on it. The blackest I can get the material is a dark grey. I don’t have Legate’s Black yet, but I doubt it would make much difference. I can’t even get any dark browns to look good with it. They’re all washed out and much lighter than they should be.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely pays to let someone else be the first to buy the costume, attempt to dye it, and post pictures back here with the results. I have saved a ton of Crowns by doing that. My sincere appreciation for those who throw themselves into the breach so that I don't have to!
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the "Buoyant Gentility" Dunmer costume with gems from the crown crate store and was crushed when I tried to dye it. Of course it has the same issues as the costume in this thread - everything is a washed-out grey or brown. I know now that I should have researched more carefully before I made the purchase. It taught me not to ever buy another costume until I've seen someone else buy it first, and post a ton of dye sample screenshots.