The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do addons still affect performance in Cyrodiil?

Remmo
Remmo
✭✭
I know they recently solved the problem of limited memory performance with addons, but do they still create lag in Cyro?

I use a lot of addons and I've tested Cyro both with and without them post Morrowind and haven't really noticed any difference in game performance. Running zero addons certainly doesn't appear to reduce my loading screen hell that many of us face on a daily basis in Vivec.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Across the board i cannot say yes or no.

A good indicator for performance eating addons are addons they show live data in the UI. For example minimaps or HUD's or DPS meters. If these addons eating much more performance then intended is hidden in their code if the addon creator do complicate calculations in very short time.

A little example: If a DPS meter connect to the UI-update event that will be called every frame (30-60/s or lower/higher) and do every frame a DPS calculation, instead of calculating DPS only every second.

So my tip is testing. Test several addon combinations in longer pvp sessions. If you see increased FPS or lower FPS, you know that one of the addons in the test session is eating performance.

I hope it hels you
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, some do. Master merchant I noticed definitely impactes performance. And it can be a killer to get a sold message pop up in the middle of a 1v1. Fyrakins minimap hits fps really hard. Also Combat metrics since it's alway gathering data in the background. In cyro I only use kill counter, dark UI, srendars buff tracker, dressing room, cyrhud and votans muni map. These are the ones that I have found to not impact performance too much.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely. I reduced my addons to basically nothing but DarkUI, CyrHUD, and my kill counter and I have better FPS than I had before. Scrolling text is definitely one of the worst things to have in PvP.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Remmo
    Remmo
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys =)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, even some graphic UI mods can be terrible. Also don't use skyshards/lore book finder mods in cyro, you'll notice a slight studder.

Lucky for us, we can disable mods without signing out of your toon.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 45 addons basically all the time w/ ultra settings. I've disabled all of them and not noticed any performance change.

Primetime cyrodiil I do turn my graphics down to medium because there are so many people they don't all render when I'm trying to fight, though.
    Edited by svartorn on June 29, 2017 5:06PM
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Add-ons for sure aren't causing the server-wide crashes that ZOS is ignoring.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They don't cause lag because they just grab info that is already being transferred between the client/server. They do use memory though so if you are getting memory leaks they will make that worse and when client performance is dropping off during heavy lag situations they can make client performance worse. Since performance tends to be at its worst in Cyrodiil I try to disable as many add ons as possible in Cyrodiil but there are a number of them I would never play without.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can tell you with great certainty that Miat's addon improves his performance in Cyrodiil.

Get it? Scipio? lol
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on June 29, 2017 6:58PM