The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unicorn Builds?

• wrapped
    wrapped
    ✭✭
    5 varens legacy light
    5 desert rose
    2 pirate skelly
    MagDK. Block, entropy, leap.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run into typically 4 types of players in PVP - mostly in Cyrodiil and Imperial City:

1) Proc set Nightblade
    2) Destro Ultimate Magblade bombers
    3) Heavy armor "unkillable" DK and Templar
    4) Shield-stacking, timed-burst Sorcerer

I know there are some of you out there who play differently - who really spice things up. What are your rare, unicorn builds that deviate from the norm?

Only the first of these is a problem. Yesterday I saw a Night Blade go 29-0. The third team quit and my team didn't even have a chance to fight the other 3 players on his team.

It's broken.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how much of a unicorn it'll be, but I'm working on a PvP tank Warden with 5 Plague Doctor, 5 Shacklebreaker and 2 Skoria (planned, not leveled yet). S&B, Heavy on block cost reduction with Bull Netch for stam recovery while blocking and Living Trellis for health return towards the damage that gets through block. Lots of AoE defiling, and even with being a tank Fissure hits pretty hard. Growing Swarm to keep DoTs pretty much everywhere for Skoria.
    So far, even just leveling and without a Skoria setup, it's pretty tough to take down...probably more tweaking to do, but I think it's outside the norm.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I don't know how much of a unicorn it'll be, but I'm working on a PvP tank Warden with 5 Plague Doctor, 5 Shacklebreaker and 2 Skoria (planned, not leveled yet). S&B, Heavy on block cost reduction with Bull Netch for stam recovery while blocking and Living Trellis for health return towards the damage that gets through block. Lots of AoE defiling, and even with being a tank Fissure hits pretty hard. Growing Swarm to keep DoTs pretty much everywhere for Skoria.
    So far, even just leveling and without a Skoria setup, it's pretty tough to take down...probably more tweaking to do, but I think it's outside the norm.

What's your DoTs? You get... Artic Wind (har har) Shards... And... Um.... Yeah

Swarm no proc Skoria (but maybe a direct damage proc... Shhh)
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 23, 2017 6:39PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CTSCold
    CTSCold
    ✭✭✭

I have something similar in my imperial warden. 5 plague (s/b neck 2 body), 5 bone pirate (all body) 3 agility (rings and 2h).
    Back bar is tanky with bone shield and trellis for the stam builds and then a bursty front bar. I've considered swapping plague for duroks bane for the defile but I'm not sure.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't take credit for this build, this is one of legendary gamings builds but it's a solid setup of shacklebreaker and bone pirates 2H/bow on a stam sorc. I throw on one piece bloodspawn or swarm mothers for extra regen. No procs or cheese in sight. When you bring someone down they got nothing to complain about.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    I've been addicted to tanky, brawly light armor builds. I don't understand why this isn't the meta.

It is. Just hasn't caught on quite yet. ;)
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? Swarm shows up as DoT damage...looks to be getting buffed by Thaumaturge? If it won't proc Skoria, then yeah I'll need another monster set. Still building and not max level yet, so if I'm wrong here I'll need to change something.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CTSCold wrote: »

I have something similar in my imperial warden. 5 plague (s/b neck 2 body), 5 bone pirate (all body) 3 agility (rings and 2h).
    Back bar is tanky with bone shield and trellis for the stam builds and then a bursty front bar. I've considered swapping plague for duroks bane for the defile but I'm not sure.

Thought about Duroks too, but Corrupting Pollen is already Major Defile.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? Swarm shows up as DoT damage...looks to be getting buffed by Thaumaturge? If it won't proc Skoria, then yeah I'll need another monster set. Still building and not max level yet, so if I'm wrong here I'll need to change something.

Yeah, all the reports say it's bugged, I wouldn't be surprised it will work when they also fix budding seeds
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, all the reports say it's bugged, I wouldn't be surprised it will work when they also fix budding seeds

Hmm...thanks for the heads up. I'm not going for damage, primarily, so if it's screwed up I'll put something else in.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found the bug post @Waffennacht , thanks again.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQYbZHK4CA4
    First two fights I'm running a tanky light armor build, and in the Bruma clips I'm running a 2 handed light armor tanky build.
    #FvckTheMeta #BYOB(BuildYourOwnBuild)

I'm very curious: what add on are you using to see the timer on your skills? thanks
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dont forget alchemy poisons :P (tho the smaller damage dot poisons arent working since Morrowind)

EDIT:
    Well, while I am posting there might aswell post my "unicorn build". Yes it is not very original. It has proc set, it has BiS set, but wait, it is bow build!
    5pc Bone Pirate
    3pc Agility
    2pc Skoria
    ... yep I use fire based proc set on stam build. Why? Because it is the only long range proc set that also follows target. And the damage is not that bad as it may look. I lose around 10% from CP, but I get 4% from Warden passive and sometimes 10% from Exploiter (I run Tactician, making enemies off balance with every dodged attack). Also Bow damage sux hard so some proc set is needed to close some fights. I use poison injection and alchemy poison to proc it (PI dot, alchemy poison DoT, Poisoned status DoT) also Ballista.
    All that together is pretty average burst damage, but thats the way bow is played (worst damage of all weapons in the game, except resto staff)
    Edited by SodanTok on June 23, 2017 10:27PM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Magıc wrote: »
    5 shieldbreaker
    5 knight slayer

Lightning staff.

My friend created the build and posted a video for all to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFOoFWZLqy8

Created the build? Cmon. XD

Seeing as everyone on this game gets salty when someone claims they thought of a build I thought I'd join in and fuel the fire.

Well played :<
    EU | PC
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Akinos wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQYbZHK4CA4
    First two fights I'm running a tanky light armor build, and in the Bruma clips I'm running a 2 handed light armor tanky build.
    #FvckTheMeta #BYOB(BuildYourOwnBuild)

I'm very curious: what add on are you using to see the timer on your skills? thanks

It's called Action Duration Reminder.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade, Werwolf build, 5x Salvation, 2x engine guardian, 5x bastion of the heartland, quick cloak in front bar
    Funny when people try destro ulting me :-D
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hit things real hard with a 2h.

Whoever has over 20k HP is a coward by the way.

Jo'Khaljor
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »

Or intelligent cause those destro trains don't kill you, or procblades cause they r 2 scared to attack anyone above 25k hp :-P
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »

lol. Having less then 25k HP is like wearing a target on your back that says "hit me first I'm squishy!"
    And anybody with less then that is prob a magsorc or a stam user completely dependent on shuffle and dodge roll :)
    Edited by Akinos on June 24, 2017 3:15PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run 5x automaton and 5x bone pirate. Works on stamplar, stam dk and stamsorc. Works very well, i have better results with this setup that with stupid proc sets.
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run into typically 4 types of players in PVP - mostly in Cyrodiil and Imperial City:

1) Proc set Nightblade
    2) Destro Ultimate Magblade bombers
    3) Heavy armor "unkillable" DK and Templar
    4) Shield-stacking, timed-burst Sorcerer

I know there are some of you out there who play differently - who really spice things up. What are your rare, unicorn builds that deviate from the norm?

Light armor "unkillable" DK
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Can't take credit for this build, this is one of legendary gamings builds but it's a solid setup of shacklebreaker and bone pirates 2H/bow on a stam sorc. I throw on one piece bloodspawn or swarm mothers for extra regen. No procs or cheese in sight. When you bring someone down they got nothing to complain about.

I didn't know it was someone elses build, but I've been running this setup on my stamsorc for couple of weeks already. The one piece on top I'm wearing is Kena ... and I use Mages Wrath as well ... regen seems to be good enough.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been playing my stamsorc without dark deal. Does that make me a unicorn?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • sunshineflame
    sunshineflame
    ✭✭✭
    Not really unicorn, but I run a heavy armor sorc. 5 seducer 5 black rose and 1 undaunted. It sustains well and I don't have to shield stack while boundless is up, I have 28k resistance on defending back bar.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord Magicka Templar :innocent: