Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where are Dragons?

KwarcPL
KwarcPL
✭✭✭
I believe, ESO is dragonless for lore reasons, but in fact there is no plot problems with their's eventualy presence. Tiber Septim had few dragon bodyguards and some of this kind last to times of Skyrim (Paarthurnax, Odahviing or Vulthuryol).
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread again :disappointed:
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play skyrim if you want dragons
    Options
  • DonWalking
    DonWalking
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    This thread again :disappointed:

:D
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some are dead, others are asleep on another continent.
    Options
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conveniently missing from the world for all time until skyrim times.
    Options
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KwarcPL wrote: »
    I believe, ESO is dragonless for lore reasons, but in fact there is no plot problems with their's eventualy presence. Tiber Septim had few dragon bodyguards and some of this kind last to times of Skyrim (Paarthurnax, Odahviing or Vulthuryol).

Dragons will return to Tamriel thru ESO as a last ditch effort by ZOS to keep the game alive (when the game starts fading). That time though is still many years off. So don't expect dragons in ESO for a long time. But one day, they will return as the last cash grab ZOS has up their sleeve :)
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
    Options
  • KwarcPL
    KwarcPL
    ✭✭✭
    Dragons will return to Tamriel thru ESO as a last ditch effort by ZOS to keep the game alive (when the game starts fading). That time though is still many years off. So don't expect dragons in ESO for a long time. But one day, they will return as the last cash grab ZOS has up their sleeve :)

Yes! Some constructive response, thanks ;) If any moment would be good to implement then, it will be Horns of the Reach ;)
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes! Some constructive response, thanks ;) If any moment would be good to implement then, it will be Horns of the Reach ;)

my post was the actual lore answer
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I need a dragon mount.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ash titans are dragons that have been turned into Daedra. Soulshriven dragons of sorts.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Serious answer: It's the second era not the 4th.

And if you want dragons, go play skyrim.
    Options
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to trigger the forums in one question.

But yeah - they aren't there for obvious reasons.

"They were virtually extinct until 4E 201, when they resurfaced in Skyrim with the return of Alduin."

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragons_(Skyrim)

Even if a couple dragons do linger - why would ZOS spend money developing models and animations for something they can't copypasta everywhere in the game?

Who knows though - maybe when/if they add the Western side of Skyrim we'll be able to visit Pappy Paarthy.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
    Options
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    But but ... but skyrim isnt online!!
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand why people think this should be just like Skyrim. There were 4 games before that and each had its unique flavor. Morrowind especially.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can find them on tapestries and shields. I decorate my house with the skulls.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're going to watch this game spiral towards this if ZOS keeps listening to their lazy rat marketing department instead of building a game for the sake of the game.

Dragons might be the final nail in the coffin, unless ZOS finds something else obscenely nonsensical to do beforehand. I'm already dreading the idea of live dragons in the next singleplayer title.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thems seecretly shipshapeshifted into Nords, alls of thems. Waiting in hiding for oppurtune moment (hic).

This thread:

2060390-i_like_it.jpg
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG! I just bought ESO and can't even shout FU RO DAAAH!
    PC/EU
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I really don't understand why people think this should be just like Skyrim. There were 4 games before that and each had its unique flavor. Morrowind especially.

This! ^^ +1
    And actually, there are a total of 9 previous TES games before ESO. (Including Battlespire and the mobile games Shadowkey, Dawnstar, and Stormhold.)
    Of these only 2 had dragons. And Redguard only had 1 in the whole game and doesn't happen till 244 years After ESO in the same year Tiber Septim will be born.
    Yes, dragons are important in Tamriel Lore, but in the Merethic and 1st eras mostly, untill 2E 896 to help Tiber and 4E 201 during Skyrim.
    So with that said, I HAVE to post this too!! (1st Dead Horse Meme! Lol.. :smiley: )
    Just my 2 Drakes....Huzzah!!

2mrtukx.jpg

Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on June 20, 2017 8:16PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm over here
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm over here

GOL HAH DOV!

Take me away my trusted steed >:)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FFS. <bangs head repeatedly against table> Please make these threads stop.

This. Is. Not. Skyrim.
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In a different game. Maybe you should leave, you're embarrassing yourself.
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok.. lets just shoot some other holes in your beliefs.

Tiber Septim did NOT have dragon bodyguards, he had the Blades, who were dragon hunters, descended from the Akaviri.

Odahviing is dead, entombed awaiting his lord, who is stuck outside of time.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Odahviing_(Skyrim)

"Odahviing was killed sometime after the Dragon War and was buried in the southeast of Skyrim near Riften.[1]
    During the Dragon Crisis in 4E 201, he was revived by Alduin to act as his lieutenant."

Vulthuryol is still hiding in Blackreach, only summonable by a dragonborn, of which.. there will never be one in our timeline.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly dead or in hiding. A couple still remain, one might make a good trial boss. But you can't ride one as The Vestige is not Dragonborn, and thus can not tame one with shouts.

Maybe if they do a Skyrim chapter, they can do a trial with one as a boss. That could be a good way to finally have a dragon in ESO and stop all these threads ;)
    Edited by JD2013 on June 20, 2017 8:38PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If ANYTHING, ZOS may entertain the idea of a lone Dragon being a new Trial Boss, but the fact is Dragons are scarce to none in this point in the timeline. 98% of all Dragons died after the uprising against them and the rest are isolating themselves.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stahp it with these threads! A kitten dies every time a dragon thread is made.

th?id=OIP.JrWUqkosEYHVC4tpWLAbrQEiDX&pid=15.1
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
    Options
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my pants. That's when the murders began.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    Stahp it with these threads! A kitten dies every time a dragon thread is made.

th?id=OIP.JrWUqkosEYHVC4tpWLAbrQEiDX&pid=15.1

I was once scratched by a kitten..... *starts new thread*
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Dragons? Oh, they're everywhere! You must fly very high to see most of them, though. The ones nearer the ground are very hard to see, being invisible."
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options