Where are Dragons?

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on a quest to make the ultimate dead horse thread. Help me with the title.

Here's what I got so far.

If animation canceling is still allowed in this game, then why doesn't the game have an auction house where I can buy a proc set that summons dragons?

Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever ran CoA II? ;)
    Options
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    They ought'a make greybeards a playable class...
    Options
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully support every dragon idea. All these Mer with their disgust, or better said 'fear', of reptiles.
    Options
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow me to clear this up for you :)

Elder Scrolls is a series that spans countless years and has a rich back story. To give players some perspective on where Elder Scrolls Online falls into that timeline, we have built this table with some of the most notable events in Elder Scrolls history. The timeline is broken up into Eras. For this reason, dates are recorded as 1E, 2E, 3E or 4E to represent the four Eras, then another number representing the specific year within that Era, so 1E 20 would be First Era year 20.

Wall of text comming Brain hurts will probably happening, skipping the wall text: watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAV1F7DAlnU

http://68.media.tumblr.com/68e43c42060141d3da5ba12d6c5d2726/tumblr_ndlvv6E3HF1rv775qo1_r1_1280.png

1E 0 First Era begins when King Eplear founds the Camoran Dynasty.
    1E 221 The first Nordic king, Harald, dies at the age of 108, his son, Hjalmer, takes the throne soon after
    1E 242 The first empire of Cyrodiil is formed, the Alessian Empire
    1E 420 Olaf One-Eye becomes High King of Skyrim
    1E 420 Dwemer establish Volenfell as their capital city
    1E 668 Red Mountain erupts for the first time in Vvardenfell, blotting out the sun for an entire year.
    1E 700 The Dwemer people disappear suddenly around this time
    1E 803 The Redguard people arrive from their homeland and settle around Daggerfall
    1E 2703 The Akavir continent attacks Tamriel. Their army is later defeated
    1E 2809 First reported sighting of a Dragon in Skyrim after many years of their absence
    1E 2812 Alduin's Wall begins construction to record Draconic Lore
    1E 2871 Krahjatdaan is slayed, marking the first dragon death
    1E 2920 Last recorded event of the First Era, Morag Tongassassinates the current King of Cyrodiil, King Reman III.
    2E 0 At an early, undetermined time, the Dark Brotherhood is formed
    2E 184 A second dragon is slain in Skyrim, Grahkrindrog
    2E 230 Vanus Galerion forms The Mages Guild
    2E 309 The province of Elsweyr is formed after a pact between feuding factions is made
    2E 321 Guilds act is passed, sanctioning many guilds
    2E 321 The Fighters Guild is formed
    2E 583 Events of Elder Scrolls Online take place (NO DRAGONS ARE INCLUDED THIS PERIOD OF TIME)
    2E 830 Tiber Septim is born
    2E 864 The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard takes place
    2E 882 Dagoth Ur and the Ash Vampires awaken in Morrowind
    2E 895 Tiber Septim, also known as Talos, begins conqueringTamriel
    2E 897 Tiber Septim declares the Second Era over
    3E 38 Tiber Septim's rule of the land ends
    3E 111 The Knights of the Nine are formed by Sir Amiel Lannus
    3E 127 In return for their allegiance, the Empire gives independence to nearly all provinces under Empire control
    3E 131 The Knights of the Nine are disbanded
    3E 153 Sir Amiel, last of the Knights of the Nine, dies. He leaves a note telling where to find their legendary armor.
    3E 172 The events of Elder Scrolls Legends: Battlespire
    3E 370 The Eternal Champion is born, the protagonist of Elder Scrolls: Arena
    3E 375 The protagonist of Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall is born
    3E 399 The events of Elder Scrolls: Arena takes place
    3E 401 A Daggerfell census confirms that there are 110,000 in the capital city at this time
    3E 405 The events of Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall take place
    3E 417 Dagoth Ur begins to capture settlements
    3E 417 Minions of Dagoth Ur defeat Almalexia and Sotha Sil in battle
    3E 427 The events of Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind take place
    3E 428 The events of Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal take place
    3E 429 The events of Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon take place
    3E 431 The Mages Guild goes through major changes during this time
    3E 433 The events of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion takes place
    3E 433 During the Oblivion Crisis, Martin Septim sacrifices himself and the Amulet of the Kings to banish Mehrunes Dagon from Tamriel
    3E 433 The Third Era comes to an end with the close of theOblivion Crisis
    4E 1 The events of the Fourth Era begin with the events of the Knights of the Nine DLC for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    4E 5 Baar Dau, the meteor suspended above Vivec City inMorrowind falls to the ground, destroying the city and causing Red Mountain to erupt, ravaging the island ofVvardenfell
    4E 16 High King of Skyrim gives Solstheim to the Dunmer to aid them after the Red Mountain eruption
    4E 22 The Thalmor gain power and take over rulingSummerset Isle as the Aldmeri Dominion
    4E 29 The Thalmor take over the Valenwood
    4E 171 The Aldmeri Dominion attack Cyrodiil and Hammerfell, the provinces slowly begin to fall to their power
    4E 175 After years of war, Cyrodiil signs a treaty with theAldmeri Dominion. The people must give up worshipingTalos and Hammerfell is no longer an Imperial province
    4E 175 The Elder Scrolls disappear from the Imperial Citythrough unknown means
    4E 201 The events of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and all DLC take place

So answering your question we are in now 2E 583 and the dragons are taking place in 4E 201 soo no dragons till then sorry honey :D

Edited by TheValar85 on June 21, 2017 8:10AM
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
    Options
  • GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a quest in Valenwood, forgot which region, with talking skeletons. If you wander a bit there you will find a talking dragon skull on the ground and have a very funny conversation.

Anyway, I don't really care if there will be dragons or not in ESO, they used to exist back then, same as Centaurus, Nymphs and maybe few surviving Lilmothiit (hope not, I hate furry). However I can support OP's suggestion but only if we encounter less than three dragons. Paarthurnax is living on the summit of the Throat of the World at the time ESO takes places, we may seek his wisdom in a future DLC, or we can encounter one in a future dungeon. I said less than three for a good reason.
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Sena R'en - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer
    Zahir at Unar - Daggerfall Covenant - Nightblade Redguard

Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KwarcPL wrote: »
    I believe, ESO is dragonless for lore reasons, but in fact there is no plot problems with their's eventualy presence. Tiber Septim had few dragon bodyguards and some of this kind last to times of Skyrim (Paarthurnax, Odahviing or Vulthuryol).

some might be alive in this time, but are probably hidding or sleeping
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh I would rather see Centaurs make a return. After all they were in TES 2 : Daggerfall and the Elden Root dungeon is said to have a lot of centaur bones in there. But not as a playable race. Just creatures/NPCs like Minotaurs
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one gives a crap about dragons. You want dragons? Go play god damn Skyrim. There be dragons there.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ozstryker wrote: »
    They ought'a make greybeards a playable class...

Only if your character has an epic gray beard (men and women).
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    Tbh I would rather see Centaurs make a return. After all they were in TES 2 : Daggerfall and the Elden Root dungeon is said to have a lot of centaur bones in there. But not as a playable race. Just creatures/NPCs like Minotaurs

I view Minotaurs the way I view Ogres, Dunmer, Khajiit and Falmer. While The Dunmer and catfolk retain their intelligence while all of these other creatures were 'twisted' in some way. Its clear that Morihaus was intelligent but it is curious that many that followed him were not. I would assume Centaurs would likely be twisted to stupidity in the same manner as many other magical creatures in the series. Interestingly enough you get the sense that some of the less intelligent races have glimmers of hope: Namely the Goblins and the Rieklings. I'd personally love to see a future where one of these corrupted races make a comeback.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • DiePainPain
    DiePainPain
    ✭✭
    NuuxEHE.jpg

I believe the legend begin when this frog mates with a duck
    Options
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how everyone who doesn't want dragons is all "noo, waahhh, this isn't skyrim, waaahh"

You're more childish than anyone here.

The lore obviously states and supports that dragons (other than paarthurnax) are Indeed alive and well. Tiber septim (who was a dragonborn that slayed dragons later on after ESO's timeline) killed and later on employed dragons in his service. Wonder where in the frack they came from huh? Must have just spouted out of his ass while he was shouting all over tamriel right? You all are so thick and ignorant.

There's nothing wrong with having an epic dragon Npc or making one a trial boss. They aren't extinct nor are they ever extinct. Very small in numbers yes, but nothing more.

@Nelson_Rebel "The last known sighting of a dragon in Tamriel was in the time of Tiber Septim. He made a pact with the few remaining dragons, swearing to protect them if they would serve him. Despite his promise, dragons were still hunted and slain. It's not clear if the last ones fled Tamriel or if they were exterminated." - There Be Dragons

Care to show me your passage on Tiber Septim slaying dragons and shouting? :p

Don't the guards say something about there being no records of Tiber Septim slaying any dragons and absorbing their souls after you kill the first dragon outside Whiterun?
    Options
  • Elvenpath
    Elvenpath
    ✭✭✭
    Serious answer: It's the second era not the 4th.

And if you want dragons, go play skyrim.

So what? Morrowind is 3th Era and its in game now?
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenpath wrote: »
    Serious answer: It's the second era not the 4th.

And if you want dragons, go play skyrim.

So what? Morrowind is 3th Era and its in game now?

What? Seriously? It's still the 2nd Era. When you get on a boat in Stonefalls and go to Vivic, you don't jump eras!! LMAO!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how everyone who doesn't want dragons is all "noo, waahhh, this isn't skyrim, waaahh"

You're more childish than anyone here.

The lore obviously states and supports that dragons (other than paarthurnax) are Indeed alive and well. Tiber septim (who was a dragonborn that slayed dragons later on after ESO's timeline) killed and later on employed dragons in his service. Wonder where in the frack they came from huh? Must have just spouted out of his ass while he was shouting all over tamriel right? You all are so thick and ignorant.

There's nothing wrong with having an epic dragon Npc or making one a trial boss. They aren't extinct nor are they ever extinct. Very small in numbers yes, but nothing more.

@Nelson_Rebel "The last known sighting of a dragon in Tamriel was in the time of Tiber Septim. He made a pact with the few remaining dragons, swearing to protect them if they would serve him. Despite his promise, dragons were still hunted and slain. It's not clear if the last ones fled Tamriel or if they were exterminated." - There Be Dragons

Care to show me your passage on Tiber Septim slaying dragons and shouting? :p

Don't the guards say something about there being no records of Tiber Septim slaying any dragons and absorbing their souls after you kill the first dragon outside Whiterun?

@CaptainBeerDude Yes.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
    Options
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buncha *** replying to this thread. Who cares if he was looking for dragons? I don't know or care if it fits the lore. No reason to flame the guy, ****heads
    Options
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's wrong with dragons? Why does anyone care if they are there or not?
    Options
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the dragons are in my shed playing chess and drinking tea!
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
    Options
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jamascus wrote: »
    Buncha *** replying to this thread. Who cares if he was looking for dragons? I don't know or care if it fits the lore. No reason to flame the guy, ****heads

You just flamed more than anyone else in this thread did
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
    Options
  • HalloweenWeed
    HalloweenWeed
    ✭✭✭
    I have had an opponent somewhere in Coldharbor during a quest, that for all practical purposes was a dragon, but was not labelled a dragon. I can't remember the name of the quest nor the sub-map, but it was after going into a cave and going out the other side, which was not necessary to finish the quest but gave an extra achievement. Seemed like I had to kill 3 groups before the creature would appear and land.
    Options
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    Jamascus wrote: »

You just flamed more than anyone else in this thread did

Difference is, he/she didn't deserve it...
    Edited by Jamascus on June 23, 2017 12:16AM
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Tryxus wrote: »
    "Dragons? Oh, they're everywhere! You must fly very high to see most of them, though. The ones nearer the ground are very hard to see, being invisible."

are we talking froggy high here...
    legion-vapor-frog.jpg

Stop. No stupid frog ring tones please.

tumblr_mn1zwc7j6R1s0kbxvo2_250.gif
    Edited by Tryxus on June 23, 2017 12:32AM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have had an opponent somewhere in Coldharbor during a quest, that for all practical purposes was a dragon, but was not labelled a dragon. I can't remember the name of the quest nor the sub-map, but it was after going into a cave and going out the other side, which was not necessary to finish the quest but gave an extra achievement. Seemed like I had to kill 3 groups before the creature would appear and land.

That's the public dungeon, Village of the Lost, and the "dragon" is actually an Ash Titan. The achievement does not complete the quest, but just like any other public dungeon "group events" (in fact easily soloable) it does grant a skill point. The enemy is not unique, in fact it's fairly common as boss in various other locations. A world boss in Wrothgar and a dungeon boss in at least 2 group dungeons. Also one of the Daedric Generals that spawn at dolmens is a Titan.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |