Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where are Dragons?

• Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will be introduced in the next update to homesteads and clean your house, while you are protecting men- and mer-kind
    Edited by Slack on June 20, 2017 9:05PM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you know that Morrowind and Oblivion (well, except the <spoiler> at the end of certain questline) are also dragonless for some reason? :O I wonder why.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    "Dragons? Oh, they're everywhere! You must fly very high to see most of them, though. The ones nearer the ground are very hard to see, being invisible."

are we talking froggy high here...
    legion-vapor-frog.jpg

PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    I need a dragon mount.

How about a Daedric Titan instead?
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
    Options
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso is dragonless because zos has that content behind a panic button for when their sales drop.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are right here in Skyrim where this One is killing them with style ...

w4o7VYl.jpg
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next update for Elder Scrolls Legends will get tons of shouts and dragons and more Skyrim stuff. Perhaps check it out if you like dragons and stuff
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • Forsakiin
    Forsakiin
    ✭✭✭
    I want to ride around on a mini Bogdan.
    Options
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daedric Titans are corrupted Dragons.
    If you want Dragon attacks then why don't you just ask for more Daedric Titan attacks?!

There could be a unique Dragon NPC who you talk to in the future but stop asking for them.

I am so tired of having to answer this question.
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pssst. I've put them in a box - let's see if you can find them.

herebedragons-300x238.jpg
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    I need a dragon mount.

How about a Daedric Titan instead?

Acceptable.
    Options
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    KwarcPL wrote: »
    I believe, ESO is dragonless for lore reasons, but in fact there is no plot problems with their's eventualy presence. Tiber Septim had few dragon bodyguards and some of this kind last to times of Skyrim (Paarthurnax, Odahviing or Vulthuryol).

Ok.. lets just shoot some other holes in your beliefs.

Tiber Septim did NOT have dragon bodyguards, he had the Blades, who were dragon hunters, descended from the Akaviri.

Odahviing is dead, entombed awaiting his lord, who is stuck outside of time.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Odahviing_(Skyrim)

"Odahviing was killed sometime after the Dragon War and was buried in the southeast of Skyrim near Riften.[1]
    During the Dragon Crisis in 4E 201, he was revived by Alduin to act as his lieutenant."

Vulthuryol is still hiding in Blackreach, only summonable by a dragonborn, of which.. there will never be one in our timeline.

No but Tiber Septim did employ a Dragon, http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Nafaalilargus
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
    Options
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragons were in Tamriel. Dragons disappeared from Tamriel. Dragons reappeared in Skyrim.

So you get it now? Is that clear? If you want more, hit a lore fansite and get the rest of the details.

I like the lore being consistent. It's why I hated Enterprise. That show screwed up the whole lore of Star Trek. (<... That's a thread hijack comment)
    Options
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are right here in Skyrim where this One is killing them with style ...

w4o7VYl.jpg

>clips through head
    >style

:'(
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone found a lorebook that said there was a single dragon found in Morrowind (I think) in the timeline that ESO takes place, so technically ZOS *could* put a single dragon somewhere as a trial boss, and it would still be lore-friendly.

I'm not going to look up the source, though, but other people are free to do it. It was mentioned on another thread a few months ago.
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    Dragons will return to Tamriel thru ESO as a last ditch effort by ZOS to keep the game alive (when the game starts fading). That time though is still many years off. So don't expect dragons in ESO for a long time. But one day, they will return as the last cash grab ZOS has up their sleeve :)

Yes! Some constructive response, thanks ;) If any moment would be good to implement then, it will be Horns of the Reach ;)

How about no ? The 2 locations that we'll see in Horns of the Reach which are Bloodroot Forge and Falkreath Hold doesnt sound like there are dragons inside
    Options
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    "Dragons? Oh, they're everywhere! You must fly very high to see most of them, though. The ones nearer the ground are very hard to see, being invisible."

legion-vapor-frog.jpg

Stop. No stupid frog ring tones please.
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    The ash titans are dragons that have been turned into Daedra. Soulshriven dragons of sorts.

How about.. No. They never were dragons.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Titan
    There, Molag Bal said, "If I cannot have the secrets of the dragons, then I shall make dragons of my own, dragons even mightier than those of Nirn!"
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    I believe, ESO is dragonless for lore reasons, but in fact there is no plot problems with their's eventualy presence. Tiber Septim had few dragon bodyguards and some of this kind last to times of Skyrim (Paarthurnax, Odahviing or Vulthuryol).

Dragons will return to Tamriel thru ESO as a last ditch effort by ZOS to keep the game alive (when the game starts fading). That time though is still many years off. So don't expect dragons in ESO for a long time. But one day, they will return as the last cash grab ZOS has up their sleeve :)

Dragon mount for 10,000 crowns
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

legion-vapor-frog.jpg

you should know @CaptainBeerDude - no one can ever possibly contain froggy...froggy is legion...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how everyone who doesn't want dragons is all "noo, waahhh, this isn't skyrim, waaahh"

You're more childish than anyone here.

The lore obviously states and supports that dragons (other than paarthurnax) are Indeed alive and well. Tiber septim (who was a dragonborn that slayed dragons later on after ESO's timeline) killed and later on employed dragons in his service. Wonder where in the frack they came from huh? Must have just spouted out of his ass while he was shouting all over tamriel right? You all are so thick and ignorant.

There's nothing wrong with having an epic dragon Npc or making one a trial boss. They aren't extinct nor are they ever extinct. Very small in numbers yes, but nothing more.
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on June 21, 2017 3:13AM
    Options
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore was nerfed because Dragons require highend video cards.
    Options
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case anyone wants a detailed (but still kinda short) lore explanation:

Back in the Merethic Era, the Nords who had arrived in Skyrim decided they didn't like the dragon worship part of their culture anymore. Citing tyranny of dragons and dragon priests, they warred against the dragons. After learning to project their voices into Shouts, they managed to overwhelm and slay many of them. Some of the dragons survived and went into hiding. Some led their cults into other lands. But overall, they were defeated.

Much later, in the First Era, Akaviri warriors (who also happened to be expert dragon hunters) arrived in Tamriel. They ran into Reman Cyrodiil, decided "awesome, this guy is Dragonborn!!", and decided to make a career change to helping Cyrodiil instead of invading it. Since dragon hunting was sort of their thing, you can imagine what they got up to when they weren't busy working for the Remans, and about 300 years after the events of ESO, the Septims.

We get to the late Second Era. Dragons aren't gone, but they're kind of rare after being hated and hunted to near extinction. Now Tiber Septim's got a dragon who helps him conquer stuff, because of course he does. He's Tiber Septim. Rules don't apply to him.

But dragons won't start returning in meaningful numbers until the Fourth Era, when Alduin Shouts the equivalent of "Wakey-Wakey" at them. Because even though they were technically dead they weren't all-the-way-dead dead. Their souls were lurking, waiting for the day they could start chewing on those ungrateful Nords again.

ESO takes place roughly in the middle of that gap between the Remans and Septims. Dragons are mostly dead, and the rest don't want to get their butts kicked.
    Edited by FluffyReachWitch on June 21, 2017 3:36AM
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game of thrones starts again soon
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inb4 it's ok! Dragon Break!
    Options
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible and very, very quiet.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
    Options
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »
    The ash titans are dragons that have been turned into Daedra. Soulshriven dragons of sorts.

How about.. No. They never were dragons.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Titan
    There, Molag Bal said, "If I cannot have the secrets of the dragons, then I shall make dragons of my own, dragons even mightier than those of Nirn!"

The first titan was a dragon. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Daedra_Dossier:_The_Titans

Long story short: Molag Bal wanted the secrets of dragons for himself, but the dragon he captured refused to talk. He was tortured, then brutally killed. Molag Bal then brought the dragon back as a Vestige and after a few more... adjustments... the dragon had been transformed into the first titan.
    Options
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭

legion-vapor-frog.jpg

you should know @CaptainBeerDude - no one can ever possibly contain froggy...froggy is legion...

@geonsocal I'm having PTSD flashbacks to fits seeing those ads.
    Options
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how everyone who doesn't want dragons is all "noo, waahhh, this isn't skyrim, waaahh"

You're more childish than anyone here.

The lore obviously states and supports that dragons (other than paarthurnax) are Indeed alive and well. Tiber septim (who was a dragonborn that slayed dragons later on after ESO's timeline) killed and later on employed dragons in his service. Wonder where in the frack they came from huh? Must have just spouted out of his ass while he was shouting all over tamriel right? You all are so thick and ignorant.

There's nothing wrong with having an epic dragon Npc or making one a trial boss. They aren't extinct nor are they ever extinct. Very small in numbers yes, but nothing more.

@Nelson_Rebel "The last known sighting of a dragon in Tamriel was in the time of Tiber Septim. He made a pact with the few remaining dragons, swearing to protect them if they would serve him. Despite his promise, dragons were still hunted and slain. It's not clear if the last ones fled Tamriel or if they were exterminated." - There Be Dragons

Care to show me your passage on Tiber Septim slaying dragons and shouting? :p
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
    Options
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    did you know most of dragons in skyrim were all dead for thousands of years, they were somehow used by necromancers.

for unknown reason and unwritten theory, some dumb necromancer raise wrong dead that turn out to be dragon priest from ages bygone ages ago, too powerful to be controlled, killed necromancer and raised to use him to raise other priests and dead dragons at the graves.
    they look alive once killed they revert to bones and only to be raise again later to hunt dragonborns, only way to put down is to kill them in thier grave to purifiy.
    only few living dragons left and too well hidden, and some walk as human or elf not knowing thier dragon heritage, like Septis Timerious had to wear Amulet of Kings to hide from Mehrunes.

dragons dont like daedre .

i am sure there will be a few dragons for epic high level end-game content. just like EQ2's dragons came later as expansions, those will eventaully come soon, but when? soon.
    Options