The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is your view on argonians?

• Bringer
    Bringer
    ✭✭✭
    Pets
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Bringer wrote: »
    They're Sentient.

This is debatable.
    Argonians are animals who become mind-controlled with some kind of telepathic link to the hist.

They are basically hist-zombies if you ask me.

Argonians are known to be born away from the Hist, and yet are still capable of independent thought and action. If that weren't the case and what you claim is true, every Argonian slave born far from home would be nothing but brain dead babbling idiots.

I submit to you that this issue is the reason argonian females were retconned to posses 'hist sacks'
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    lizards:p
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I was born Nord but I am well tavelled and cosmopolitan in my outlook - believing in equality and diversity for all.

N.B. I am ashamed to say that when I was very young and before I knew any better I would attack Argonians on sight as they rushed towards me with their Spines erect. I was foolish and did not know that they erected spines in welcome. All other animals I had come across raised their Hackles (spines) in anger - when being aggressive and about to attack - eg dogs, bears, cockrels etc.
    Now that I know better, I no longer attack on sight. I would erect my spines of welome to reciprocate but alas, I do not have any
    . :'(
    I share in the vision of Jorunn the Skald-King and in democracy as implemented by the Great Moot
    Like Jorunn, I believe that every individual has a crutial part to play and that they should be given the chance to achieve their full potential - free from prejudices and discrimination.
    " Our resolve is Glacial [Nord] our might is forged in Fire [Dunmer] and our courage cultivated by the Beasts of the jungle [Argonian]. We are Ebonheart. We are as one. By this our victory is assured."
    "Blood for the Pact!" - Jorunn the Skald-King.

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I consider argonians to be equal
    Banana wrote: »
    I dont like them

They have been known to eat bananas raw, so I can understand your animosity.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I erect the spine of anger!!!!
    Master Race ;)

I mean who else can swim through the river at alessia bridge and survive?
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I erect the spine of anger!!!!
    KObd5tj.jpg
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Whenever I hear an argonian speak, it somehow angers me, I have no idea why.
  • AnthofromOrsinium
    AnthofromOrsinium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    One of the most amazing race of Tamriel !
    @AnthofromOrsinium // FROM TITANS !! // Client ESO+
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    aliyavana wrote: »
    A simple question for fellow forum dwellers

Is it a kinda roleplay here?

I would choose a race if it has needed passives for me, even if it looks like cube.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Lord_Kreegan
    Lord_Kreegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are humans! We are not lizards! We are humans! We just evolved differently... you try living in a swamp and see what natural selection does to your race over time... Humans, I tell you!
    Hissssssss!
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Argonians are just as intelligent as any other race and they also have a superior immune system compared to the other races. They are the very least equals, though I'd say that the 2 beast races(Khajiit and Argomians) are superior to the elves and humans.

Though they look very creepy
    Edited by theher0not on June 19, 2017 11:10AM
  • Bringer
    Bringer
    ✭✭✭
    Pets
    theher0not wrote: »
    superior to elves

Silly altmer who do nothing but claim aldmer heritage by dressing up like them and hiding behind other races maybe.

But dunmer are pretty much the most capable and powerful race from a practical wide reaching standpoint. They managed to become literal living gods, not to mention having some of the most capable wizards in existence, as well as very refined culture. Dunmer are the only race never conquered by talos' empire.

Bosmer can wild hunt which is terrifying.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I've fought against and along side them in the war. If you aren't cutting the throat of one that fights for the Pact, you're not gonna want to mess with one whose doing backstabbing for you.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on June 19, 2017 11:27AM
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    They managed to become literal living gods, not to mention having some of the most capable wizards in existence, as well as very refined culture.

Remove the slaves, let's see how long it takes for that "culture" to end up in ruins.

Without Argonians, their clothes will never be washed, their homes will collect lots of dust, and considering they wouldn't have a living practice dummy anymore, their overall strenght would plummit as well.
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    They're a little odd.

And remarkably peaceful, although I guess they do rise up and smash the Dunmer eventually.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    A source for leather, though low quality
    Khajiit were created by one of the Divines, forget who, to be the combination of the best traits from Man and Beast, and were originally a "Forest People" of Humans that lived in the trees, like today's Bosmer. But these people were turned into the Khajiit, and existed on mainland Tamriel long before the first Elves arrived. The first Elven expedition along the coast mentioned noticing a Beast-like people "stalking" their ships from the wooded shoreline. But in fact when Man were living in simple tribes, the Khajiit had started to build a civilization, mastering writing and language.

@ArchMikem
    That's not true at all... Khajiit were the most advanced civilisation on Tamriel before the Elves arrived. This was long before any men established the first settlements.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Lizards are cute

Indeed

giphy.gif

Good job. You just determined the argonian racial ultimate.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Orcs
  • mewcatus
    mewcatus
    ✭✭✭
    A source for leather, though low quality
    They make great purses, jeans and coats.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axoinus wrote: »
    Lizards are cute

Indeed

giphy.gif

You know what? If that happened, I wouldn't be mad.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axoinus wrote: »
    Lizards are cute

Indeed

giphy.gif

Would rater be an tail swing like the clanfear have.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    Pets
    My Dunmer main thinks argonians are talking (creaking) handbags.
    Edited by Bombashaman on June 19, 2017 1:14PM
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    theher0not wrote: »
    superior to elves

Silly altmer who do nothing but claim aldmer heritage by dressing up like them and hiding behind other races maybe.

But dunmer are pretty much the most capable and powerful race from a practical wide reaching standpoint. They managed to become literal living gods, not to mention having some of the most capable wizards in existence, as well as very refined culture. Dunmer are the only race never conquered by talos' empire.

Bosmer can wild hunt which is terrifying.

The Altmer wont be conquered by Talos. They will be overpowered by some bizarro divine Dwemer abomination of a golem construct... + some adventuring child races that wouldnt ever have taken on Summerset Isles by themselves. A golem given to them by a Dunmer wannabe diety.
    Which is why, when the Dunmer race eventually falls to ruin in the not so distant future, all of Summerset Isles shall raise the glasses to the event.

For the queen!

Oh, and the Argos are awesome folks. Wont it be hillarious to see the dark elves be driven before them.
  • AnthofromOrsinium
    AnthofromOrsinium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    Orcs

Hi Brother orc !
    @AnthofromOrsinium // FROM TITANS !! // Client ESO+
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I have 2 one healy one tanky. .love the swim speed for farming Nirnroot.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another word for n'wah
    Argonians are equal in that they are n'wah just like all other non-Dunmer races. ;)
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Bringer
    Bringer
    ✭✭✭
    Pets
    Demycilian wrote: »
    The Altmer wont be conquered by Talos. They will be overpowered by some bizarro divine Dwemer abomination of a golem construct...
    Dont hate the player :^)
    Which is why, when the Dunmer race eventually falls to ruin in the not so distant future, all of Summerset Isles shall raise the glasses to the event.
    It took dagoth ur, sheogorath's moon, the oblivion crisis, AND the conspiring of a telepathic race of tree entities and their lizard puppets, in rapid succession.

With out the dunmer the empire is majorly weakened. The third aldmeri dominion is basically a scavenger.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Argonians are my favourite after Bretons because they have the Shadowscale, which is just about the coolest thing in ES lore IMO.

The other races are just scum, particularly the elves. I wish there was an option in game to trim their silly ears..... :D

And yes I realise Bretons have elven blood in them, but hopefully in time that thin blood will vanish.

Edited by TheTwistedRune on June 19, 2017 1:42PM
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    Orcs

Hi Brother orc !
    Howdy! Cool pic btw.

• Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Demycilian wrote: »
    The Altmer wont be conquered by Talos. They will be overpowered by some bizarro divine Dwemer abomination of a golem construct...
    Dont hate the player :^)
    It took dagoth ur, sheogorath's moon, the oblivion crisis, AND the conspiring of a telepathic race of tree entities and their lizard puppets, in rapid succession.

With out the dunmer the empire is majorly weakened. The third aldmeri dominion is basically a scavenger.

After being assaulted for no good reason by power crazed humans the Altmer certainly got bones to pick. And some picking they shall do. Not that any of it all is of concern to the Dunmer once the Nord shipped off the last survivors to goaway island.