The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is your view on argonians?

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I made my mag warden an argonian. She's awesome. I fell in love the first time i had to cross a large body of water :smirk:

Plus, its the only one of my characters that looks decent while at vamp stage 4...
    Edited by Sharee on June 19, 2017 8:31AM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    poor delusional lolmer...
  • WeyounTM
    WeyounTM
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one likes Argonians quite a bit. And whenever I am somewhere in Dunmer-Land I will help the opressed and kill some scumbug slavers and the likes.
    On a sidenote: I was really upset that I couldn't help Eoki sooner in the "Suns-in-Shadows" questline and instead help....well I won't spoil it for those who haven't played it yet....
    Magicka-Khajiit-Player since Beta

PC-EU Vivec Sotha Sil Campaign
    Heals-your-Paws Khajiit Magplar - Main Char - AD (sadly)

Little-Miss-Hurricane - Khajiit -Stamsorc - DC
    Saves-your-Paws - Khajiit MagDK - DC
    Lucký-Paws - Khajiit StamDK - DC
    Icy-Paws - Khajiit Magden - DC
    White-Paws - Khajiit Stamblade - DC
    Paws-of-the-Light - Khajiit Stamplar - DC
    Adusa D'aro - Khajiit Stamplar - DC
    Purrs-at-the-Moons - Khajiit Stamcro - DC
    Necrotic-Paws - Khajiit Magcro - DC
    White-Claws - Khajiit StamDK - AD
    Sticky-Paws - Khajiit Stamplar - AD
    Silent-Paws - Khajiit Magblade - AD

Hides-the-Skooma - Khajiit Stamden - EP
    Protector-of-the-Mane - Khajiit Magplar -EP
    Leaps-your-Paws - Khajiit MagDK - EP
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I erect the spine of anger!!!!
    They're Sentient Intelligent beings. That should be more than enough for people.
    Bringer wrote: »
    Draqone wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    They are aliens.

@Faulgor

ACTUALLY Khajiit and Argonians are the 2 Native Tamrielan races. Humans, elves and daedra are all aliens.

Im pretty sure khajiit come from the moon.

Khajiit were created by one of the Divines, forget who, to be the combination of the best traits from Man and Beast, and were originally a "Forest People" of Humans that lived in the trees, like today's Bosmer. But these people were turned into the Khajiit, and existed on mainland Tamriel long before the first Elves arrived. The first Elven expedition along the coast mentioned noticing a Beast-like people "stalking" their ships from the wooded shoreline. But in fact when Man were living in simple tribes, the Khajiit had started to build a civilization, mastering writing and language.
    Edited by ArchMikem on June 19, 2017 8:39AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Argonians > Elves. Its scientific fact. Argonians are particularly greater than House Dres scum. Don't worry though, wait a few centuries and the Argonians will reclaim the homeland the Chimer and Dwemer stole.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    They are aliens.

@Faulgor

ACTUALLY Khajiit and Argonians are the 2 Native Tamrielan races. Humans, elves and daedra are all aliens.

That's an interesting world view you have there. Did the Hist tell you that?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I consider argonians to be equal
    Close this racist thread! Two of my argonian characters erect the spine of displeasure!
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I just bought some crown shop stuff to decorate my Ebonheart Chateau in House Dres style. I was utterly shocked as I entered Vvardenfell with my Dunmer that a Telvanni Wizard called me n'wah while an Argonian slave could rise up ranks and not giving me an option to kill or betray her.

So don't ask me again.

Edited by Flameheart on June 19, 2017 8:42AM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• WikileaksEU
    WikileaksEU
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Argonians are skooma drinking alcoholics and drug addicts.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    That swim speed passive is so freaking awesome.

Kermits swim like pros.

giphy.gif
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Argonians are skooma drinking alcoholics and drug addicts.

You're mixing them up with Khajiit.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Cadbury wrote: »
    They need add an Argonian skin toggle for vampires.

Are you implying argonians are bloodsuckers? Or a toggle off of the white skin for argonians?

Would make sense for Argonians/Khajiit,being that you're looking at fur/scales not their albino flesh :p

Bloodless (dead) flesh and Ablino flesh are somewhat different. Moot point really; as the whole concept of vampires fails with even the slightest application of science. Werewolves also.

Argonian females appear to have mammary glands. Maybe they are external egg-sacs?
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• Bringer
    Bringer
    ✭✭✭
    Pets
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    They're Sentient.

This is debatable.
    Argonians are animals who become mind-controlled with some kind of telepathic link to the hist.

They are basically hist-zombies if you ask me.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're Sentient.

This is debatable.
    Argonians are animals who become mind-controlled with some kind of telepathic link to the hist.

Sounds like a cross between the Borg from Star Trek and Tolkien's Ents.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A source for leather, though low quality
    They are aliens.

@Faulgor

That's like saying that crocodiles and lions were the native species of Egypt before the arrival of humans. That may be scientifically true, but lions and crocodiles aren't people. As the the argonians and khajiit are not either. Animals can't own land.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 19, 2017 8:54AM
  • Blairy087
    Blairy087
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Think you forgot the Argonians = Master Race vote option. :'(
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dude what's your damn problem? You open up a post like that every week and it always gets locked after 1 day or so. If you have to tell everyone that you are superior you are not just remember a king doesn't have to prove he is the king
  • Vonbone
    Vonbone
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I wonder if they taste like alligator.....mmm.....
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think Argonians are awesome! I love my argonian tank, check my signature spoiler for some screenshots of him if you wish to see :) They are of course equal with other races.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    They are aliens.

@Faulgor

That's like saying that crocodiles and lions were the native species of Egypt before the arrival of humans. That may be scientifically true, but lions and crocodiles aren't people. As the the argonians and khajiit are not either. Animals can't own land.

1r4sp5.jpg
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Dude what's your damn problem? You open up a post like that every week and it always gets locked after 1 day or so. If you have to tell everyone that you are superior you are not just remember a king doesn't have to prove he is the king

This one appears to have gotten out of its cage. Will the owner please come get them?
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My view on Argonians: friendly people with interesting customs. Certain females do seem rather lusty.

Still wouldn't eat anything they prepare though...
    Edited by Tryxus on June 19, 2017 9:25AM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    As the the argonians and khajiit are not either.

Not lions? Nope, just cat-people.
    Not crocodiles? Nope, just lizards with mammary glands.

Edited by Yarlenzey on June 19, 2017 9:27AM

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »
    Argonians are the best looking race in Tamriel.

The Dunmer never wanted them as slaves, they just needed someone to walk next to them so they would look less ugly.
    But us, Saxhleel, made the mistake of being too nice and helping them out with household chores. Then those elves got greedy and started forcing us to do everything.

It's not easy being perfect.

I agree that your masters are hideous abominations who shouldn't be allowed to call themselves mer (I honestly can't tell the difference between an orc, a dunmer, and an ogre). But let's not get ahead of ourselves. At least they used to look respectable. Argonians on the other hand...
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 19, 2017 9:28AM
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    This one appears to have gotten out of its cage. Will the owner please come get them?
    :/

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    They are aliens.

@Faulgor

It's not even true though. Khajiit descended from Bosmer:

"And Azurah took some forest people who were torn between man and beast, and she placed them in the best deserts and forests on Nirni. And Azurah in her wisdom made them of many shapes, one for every purpose. And Azurah named them Khajiit and told them her Second Secret and taught them the value of secrets."
    - Words of Clan Mother Ahnissi

And Argonians were created by the Hist, who aren't even from the same realm as those descended from Ehlnofey, i.e. everybody else. In that sense, they are alien, because they don't share the same ancestry.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    They're Sentient.

This is debatable.

They are basically hist-zombies if you ask me.[/quote]

not entirely true.Not all argonians have a connection to the hist(especially those born outside of blackmarsh)A lot of argonians have there own goals and ambitions that would further themselves more then anything.this is reinforced by by the quest in skyrim with a certain argonian mage and his nord companion.also reinforced by the telvani questline where the slave(one from the tutorial)refers to the freed one(the aspiring telvani mage)that she wouldnt know what its like as she was slaveborn (meaning she was born away from the hist).
    Also consider that the main character of most of the singleplayer TES can be argonian if they want and well one becomes sheogorath and one has the option to become a vampire lord.this simply wouldn't happen if they were hist controlled argonians.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like them
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    I dont like them

You might cooked them wrong
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I erect the spine of anger!!!!
    They're Sentient.

This is debatable.

Argonians are known to be born away from the Hist, and yet are still capable of independent thought and action. If that weren't the case and what you claim is true, every Argonian slave born far from home would be nothing but brain dead babbling idiots.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!