The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Changing Breton racial passives

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes - for Mag damage bonus
    Developers not care about racial pasives and mostly debuff as per their own analysis.

There were many posts before on same topic but nothing change. Accept breton as what they are or change race.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on June 26, 2017 5:37PM
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - for Mag damage bonus
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Disappeared? Are you trying to be insultful towards me with that tone? Now listen to me very carefully and forget about your biased opinions while you're reading this:

1. Mag DK: Altmer is slightly better than Breton due to elemental damage boost. Breton is right there behind Altmer, insignificant difference.
    2. Stam DK: They're both bad.
    3. Mag Templar: Breton blows Altmer out of the water easily.
    4. Stam Templar: They're both bad.
    5. Mag NB: Breton & Altmer are equal.
    6. Stam NB: They're both bad.
    7. Mag Sorc: They're both great and if you match an equally geared/skilled Altmer sorc vs a perfect mirror Breton sorc, the Breton will have an easier time in that fight.
    8. Stam Sorc: They're both bad.
    9. Mag & Stam Warden, I don't care, not playing it at the moment.

Now you take as long as you need to absorb this information and listen to someone who is more experienced than you.
    You are ignored numbers again. Man, seriously, there is your experience, here is mine. Your is more important for you, mine - for me.
    That's why there must be numbers, not opinions, "experience" and "justsayings".
    Have no idea why you decided that you are more experienced, than me, but this is funny anyway.
    Also funny that fact that you decided to completely ignore Dunmers :D may I ask: why?
    Both mag NB and Templars are MUST use Destrostaff. All of it's skills are elemental.
    All proc monster sets (that are MUST too: Ilambris, Grothdar, Valkyn, etc) are elemental. Saying that Altmer and Breton are equal here - dunno...
    Sure, you are experienced player, no doubt. The question is only: why you are not fair here?
    Since when we are talking about Breton vs Altmer duel only, btw?

We are comparing Bretons and Altmers. You say Altmers are better, I say they're not. Numbers are numbers and they don't lie. But posting a simple equation where you argue that Altmer's 9% magicka regen is approximately 4-5% better is not a good point.

Even if Altmer's magicka regen passive is slightly better than Breton's cost reduction, Breton's spell resistance is in the same way better than Altmer's elemental damage boost. That's called balance. The two races are balanced. Breton is better in some cases as I said before. Bretons are fine as is, if you buff them up they will over-perform other races easily.

Not sir. That is you comparing something here. I'm only here to buff saxons, really. And there is several options for it: not only mag damage boost (pretty low btw - in comparison with huge elemntal buff for elves). If I'd care about Altmers and Dunmers I'd rather create a thread "Altmer and Dunmer passives are way too strong and leaves no choice for mag DD", but I didn't. Still I can :D
    I only said, that Bretons 3% cost reduction is equals to 5-6% additional regen. For the race without damage boost it must be bigger (with few regen % added) or added that damage boost (that is still very low in comparison with... you know).

Well I guess it's good that you're not the one balancing the game, otherwise everyone and their grandmas would be running a Breton now. :)

Khajits actually :D
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not - I can explain why (in comments)
    Tryxus wrote: »
    This thread back? Oh brother...

Alright, let me get some numbers from my Warden, since the OP loves them sooooo much (as well as Stam builds) that he loves to run vRoM with them

My MagDen is a Breton healer btw, but this comes from a solo setup for World bosses and vMSA: 2x Iceheart, 5x Necro, 3x Moondancer with damage glyphs and Master/Maelstrom Staves

Dive, the Cliff Racer spammable, has a cost of 2155 Magicka. Which means the other races will have a cost of 2220 (rounded up). Each cast, the Breton saves up 65 Magicka more than others

My Regen is at 745. Which means the Altmer has a regen of 820 (rounded up). During the cast of the skill, he'll regain 38 Magicka.

Now, does this mean Breton wins? Nope. There are other factors like other sources of Reduce Cost, Regen increase, other skills with diff magicka cost, etc, ...

But it does show 2 things:
    1. When we're dealing with higher regen numbers, it does get a bit harder for the Breton. However, there's nothing stopping the Breton from achieving high regen either. And both races carry their sustain passive with it
    2. Higher spell cost = Breton passive more useful. Healers for instance have spells in the 3.5k cost range. Combined with having more Magicka than Argonians and being tankier with.the spell resist, this puts Bretons on the same lvl as Argonians. Argonians have more powerful heals, Bretons can sustain better and provide more heals.

As for PvP, Mage made a good point earlier: the Altmer passive doesn't buff every attack, only the elemental ones whereas the Breton passive works against both Elemental as well as Magic Damage.

Do Bretons need a buff? Sure, if you're looking to humiliate the other races.

/thread

Nothing forces you to came here, 'brother'
    Nah, I hate running vet HM stuff with stam DDs - there is so little really good ones ><

What a double dealing? My NB Funnel health has a cost 1646 mag, another races would have 1695. So it saves me 50 mag each cast. This is equals to ~100 additional mag regen, but only if: I would cast that skill every second.
    I have ~1900 mag regen, Altmer would have here much more. And even with that numbers he would be able to put additional Spell damage glyph on jewelry instead of one fore regen (like Bretons) that would increase their damage even more. And their regen is always with them without any additional stuff.
    (I even didn't say: wtf with your regen? My stam Nord DK tank has 1.5 times more mag regen ><)
    I have no idea: what I need to do to run out from mana at my Argonian healer, really. Maybe, mindlessly spam BOL? Some experienced players around can recommend this healing style? Oh, seems I see one :D

Well, "brother", I think you're seeing yourself :D . Cuz I ain't got no BoL

Also, I never said anything about running out of Magicka. I said Bretons can provide more heals and sustain better. They're just as good as Argonians when it comes to healing

Anyways, much of your post is in agreement with me, because:
    - Your regen is higher (prob means you're hitting like a wet noodle in PvE). The Breton Passive is much more useful on lower Regen numbers
    - Funnel Health is a low cost spammable, obv the Breton passive won't reduce much. BTW, is this a PvP build. Cuz otherwise you'better off using Force Pulse.
    - And yeah, I really hope that as a tank you have high regen. Cuz otherwise you'd be a real joke

But regardless, the Breton passive remains useful, more useful at times that that of the Altmer. So they're more or less equal ;)
    Edited by Tryxus on June 26, 2017 6:22PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We've decided to close this thread as the last page or so has started to become mostly back and forth personal attacks instead of constructive arguments. As mentioned from my previous post in this discussion, don't attack another player if their opinion is different from your own. Since this has not been heeded, the discussion is now closed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.