Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Changing Breton racial passives

• SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes - for Mag damage bonus
    Third option is terrible, 1500 crit resist? That means 6 impen trait pieces!
    Can you suggest your numbers? But please, be realistic, suggesting something like 200 crit res is just lol :)
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not - I can explain why (in comments)
    Turn the % spell cost decrease (which gives diminishing returns when used in conjunction with spell cost reduction glyphs) and instead turn it into a flat bonus, I wouldn't know what number that'd be but I'd suggest something similar to a gold spell cost reduction glyph.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Turn the % spell cost decrease into a flat bonus, I wouldn't know what number that'd be but I'd suggest something similar to a gold spell cost reduction glyph.
    Yeah, nice idea (not).
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonskin. As far as I remember Bretons were always the tankier mag users. Good for builds focusing on absorbing and negating hostile magic. This is why they have defensive mag passives.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonskin. As far as I remember Bretons were always the tankier mag users. Good for builds focusing on absorbing and negating hostile magic. This is why they have defensive mag passives.
    And you are against what kind of buff? Or you didn't read 1st post?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton racial passives were already powerful compared to other racial passives. It was already the "meta" choice for magicka based character alongside with Altmer. And when CP passives that reduced costs of magicka skills was removed - this gave a breton a slight edge over the other races - because breton has skill cost reduction "build in".
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton racial passives were already powerful compared to other racial passives. It was already the "meta" choice for magicka based character alongside with Altmer. And when CP passives that reduced costs of magicka skills was removed - this gave a breton a slight edge over the other races - because breton has skill cost reduction "build in".
    Bretons was never a 'meta' for magicka classes. And 3% cost reduction is equal to ~6% additional regen - just a BS nowadays.
    And I like how you 'forget' about Dunmers.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    And you are against what kind of buff? Or you didn't read 1st post?

Both the regen buff and the magic damage increase go against the idea of a defensive caster, regen is for casting, the damage one is clearly for ofensive reasons.

What they need is some sort of aborb magic function, like a 3% chance to aborb incoming magic attacks, that then get converted into magic they can use somehow.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they need is some sort of aborb magic function, like a 3% chance to abSorb incoming magic attacks, that then get converted into magic they can use somehow.
    Excuse me, but this "buff with no actual buff", no thanks
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So characters that are already getting help from Racial passives to have massive max magic, would also have regen or damage boosts too? Yknow damage scales off your resource pools already.

Instead other races need more. If Khajiit could get a max stam bonus, or a spell crit bonus thatd be nice.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    So characters that are already getting help from Racial passives to have massive max magic, would also have regen or damage boosts too? Yknow damage scales off your resource pools already.

Instead other races need more. If Khajiit could get a max stam bonus, or a spell crit bonus thatd be nice.

Agree, so let's remove damage bonuses from Altmers and Dunmers? They have already Max. magica bonus, right? :D

Khjiits are not magicka race, they don't need any kind of mag passives.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bretons was never a 'meta' for magicka classes. And 3% cost reduction is equal to ~6% additional regen - just a BS nowadays.
    And I like how you 'forget' about Dunmers.

As pointed out earlier, Bretons were the choice for someone who wanted better sustain. The 3% cost reduction has long been considered better than the 9% added regen Altmers get. I posted how the changes in 2.5.5 nerfed the effective benefit of the Altmer magika regen while Breton cost reduction doe not suffer at all unless someone stacks cost reduction glyphs on jewelry.

Adding regen to what the Breton already has would be OP, much stronger regen wise. Breton is a very solid choice for someone who wants some extra damage reduction. That is it's design. That is it's lore.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3% cost reduction has long been considered better than the 9% added regen Altmers get.
    I've posted a lot of calculations from the REAL fight that not you, not Mage, not anyone else was able to beat. Not someones 'dreams' and 'feelings' but real calculations. Did you study math yet? Hope yes.
    3% cost reduction is equal to 6% additional regen. Care to prove me wrong? Not? Predictable.
    Remember - I'm russian, I don't care about feelings - show me the real numbers and calculations and then we would talk. Until that - you are just another CNN and can be freely ignored and laughed. And no any offense here.
    Have a nice day :D

I'm in bad mood now - just watched another example of ****** called Wonderwoman, so didn't try to pick me up.
    Edited by SilverWF on June 16, 2017 3:50PM
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changed suggested Crit. Res bonus - it was too much. :)
  • squinceybones
    squinceybones
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a joke? Breadtons are one of, if not the strongest class in the game. Please clarify as to why you would buff them.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a joke? Breadtons are one of, if not the strongest class in the game. Please clarify as to why you would buff them.
    It is already clarified in the 1st post. Your inability to read is not my problem.
    Bretons are not "one of" and sure not "the most" strongest race (class? wtf?) in the game.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS make racial passives based on population ratios. dark elves and high elves are by far the most popular races- orcs are super popular . They made redguards OP to make them more popular- and now have nerfed them- and likewise- with bosmers and argonians- they buffed them up to make them perform better- but more importantly have them selected more.

so although u have good ideas- their number one coninsderation isn't performance- but population.
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not - I can't explain why, just not
    Sheey wrote: »
    Polls on this forum doesn't matter, even if it needs a change, it won't happen. Simple because this forum isn't a tool for the developers. Developers of Zenimax deciting their decitions by the lore and taking their own experience, as point what needs changed and what doesn't.

Well, that's your opinion.

Mine is:
    "stop asking for change"

Start coping.
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes breton is 3rd dps magicka race, 3% cost reduction and 4k spell reistance is not much better comparing Altemr and Dunmer.

You have to do anyway heavy attack to get back resources so does not matter with this 3%..

Bretons, beautiful race just left behind. They are not good dps, tanks or healers but an average race.

4k spell resistance is nothing but a jolk comparing nord 6% damage reduction (physicall/spell) passive. This restance can now get from CP easily.

Magicka have few race choices comparing stamina then why not breton should get some unique buff i.e. 4% spell crit bonus

This race need unique/good passive like others i.e. Altemer, Dunmer and Argonian
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on June 26, 2017 10:45AM
  • squinceybones
    squinceybones
    ✭✭✭
    It is already clarified in the 1st post. Your inability to read is not my problem.
    Bretons are not "one of" and sure not "the most" strongest race (class? wtf?) in the game.

We obviously have a difference of opinions, I am politely asking if you would be able to state your case a little clearer so that we can have a clear, concise and constructive discussion.
  • ola.wilhelmssonb16_ESO
    Yes - for something else (would explain in comments)
    How about complementing the Breton spell resistance with a small chance to absorb some magicka from spells that do damage? Not spells that hit shields, mind you. We don't need a racial passive that stacks with Harness Magicka...

The lore that support such a racial passive is Dragonskin.

The chances to absorb could be something like 1/3/5% and the amount absorbed perhaps 5/7/10% of the magicka cost of the spell in question.

And yes, I know that Dragonskin is a once-per-day greater ability in Oblivion and Skyrim, but I think my suggestion would be reasonable adaptation for ESO.
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 3% cost reduction has long been considered better than the 9% added regen Altmers get.
    I've posted a lot of calculations from the REAL fight that not you, not Mage, not anyone else was able to beat. Not someones 'dreams' and 'feelings' but real calculations. Did you study math yet? Hope yes.
    3% cost reduction is equal to 6% additional regen. Care to prove me wrong? Not? Predictable.
    Remember - I'm russian, I don't care about feelings - show me the real numbers and calculations and then we would talk. Until that - you are just another CNN and can be freely ignored and laughed. And no any offense here.
    Have a nice day :D

I'm in bad mood now - just watched another example of ****** called Wonderwoman, so didn't try to pick me up.

Wonder Woman was good tho

On topic, breton is already, in a general sense, #3 for magdps while being #1 for heals. I don't see the need for a buff.
    Edited by theamazingx on June 26, 2017 11:34AM
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka regen cannot be added to Gift of Magnus, as pointed out in OP's previous thread on the subject, it is a racial passive in at least one other class as max magika ONLY. Further CANNOT combine racial passives to get more passives. That is so OBVIOUS it really should not need to be said.
    Is it hard to get, that I don't care of the name of the passive? let they create another one - it isn't hard at all.
    There are roles outside DPS and in those role, certain races excel over others

Magic DPS
    Altmer/Dunmer
    Healer
    Breton/Argonian/Altmer
    Magic Tank
    Breton/Argonian/Dunmer

Why is this so hard to get?

[snip]

Best healer is Argonian, not Breton or (just lol here) Altmer. Why not, i.e. Redguard tho?

Magic tank? WTF is this? Do they exists somewhere outside of your dreams? Anyone of you would be happy to see a "magic tank" in the trials? Or just pledges? Not me, really.
    Normal tanks (like my Nord-DK) have overcapped resists without any of racials passives.

[Edit for baiting]

You are wrong.

Best healers ARE Bretons, and this is why their passives should not change. Reduction is better than recovery as a healer, because there is no other race has this, so between a Breton and an Argonian who has the same armor and the same CP, a Breton can spam more heals than an Argonians. Also Breton's max magicka is greater than an Argonian's. Meaning they will have more powerful spells.

Argonians were NEVER better than the Bretons as healers, if you want to min-max a healer, Breton is and was always the number 1 choice.

And that's why there is no need to change the Breton's passives, they are fine. If you want to go offensive go Altmer or Dunmer. That's just it. There's no need for every race in this game to be damage-oriented. If you want a balanced game, you have to make choices which race/class/role you want. And not whine because you chose the wrong race/class/role. That's why you are given 8 character slots to begin with.

PS and yes, my dear, there are magicka based tanks, in all classes. Just because they use 1-hand and shield, doesn't mean they're spec'd for stam. lol.
    Edited by me_ming on June 26, 2017 12:01PM
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On topic, breton is already, in a general sense, #3 for magdps while being #1 for heals. I don't see the need for a buff.

#3 for DD because... there is just no other options after High and Dark elves. Bad argument.
    #1 for Healer? It was already explained before. Best are Argonians, not Bretons and I don't really care that Mage or Deltia or whoever said - "justsaying" was never and never will be solid argument. Bretons are #2 for healers but, as in previous point: because just no other possible choices.
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - for additional Mag regen
    Interesting thread however you are asking for better racial passives and ZOS only know how to nerf,
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    me_ming wrote: »
    You are wrong.
    Best healers ARE Bretons, and this is why their passives should not change. Reduction is better than recovery ...
    See? Here is a simple lie. 1% reduction is better than 10% mag recovery? Sure not. But you said it is.
    3% cost reduction is equals to 5-6% mag regen. Care to prove me wrong? One arguer (Legendary Mage) has disappeared after this simple question. Would you be next here?
    If you can tank a mudcrab with your magetank - doesn't means they are exists.

If you wanna play mag Sorc - chooses Altmer. Just NO any other choices.
    Mag DK - Dunmer. Another race? Dunmer's racial bonus equals to ingame minor damage buff and stacks with it. Awesome design!
    What to choose for Mag Templar and NB? Let it be Bretons.

Or you wanna talk that High and Dark elves passives are way too strong?
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭

#3 for DD because... there is just no other options after High and Dark elves. Bad argument.
    #1 for Healer? It was already explained before. Best are Argonians, not Bretons and I don't really care that Mage or Deltia or whoever said - "justsaying" was never and never will be solid argument. Bretons are #2 for healers but, as in previous point: because just no other possible choices.

I think you're greatly overestimating what an additively stacked 5% actually amounts to for a healer.

For the record, I haven't looked at Deltia content since I was level 30, and who is "Mage"? Don't resort to buzzwords.
    Edited by theamazingx on June 26, 2017 12:23PM
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    me_ming wrote: »
    You are wrong.
    Best healers ARE Bretons, and this is why their passives should not change. Reduction is better than recovery ...
    See? Here is a simple lie. 1% reduction is better than 10% mag recovery? Sure not. But you said it is.
    3% cost reduction is equals to 5-6% mag regen. Care to prove me wrong? One arguer (Legendary Mage) has disappeared after this simple question. Would you be next here?
    If you can tank a mudcrab with your magetank - doesn't means they are exists.

If you wanna play mag Sorc - chooses Altmer. Just NO any other choices.
    Mag DK - Dunmer. Another race? Dunmer's racial bonus equals to ingame minor damage buff and stacks with it. Awesome design!
    What to choose for Mag Templar and NB? Let it be Bretons.

Or you wanna talk that High and Dark elves passives are way too strong?

lol. I suggest you actually learn how this game works first before you make suggestions on what you want to change in this game. The simple fact that you have no clue that this game has magicka based tanks, means you know nothing about this game. lol.

Not everyone in this game want to play a DPS.

I don't need to prove anything to you because A.) I highly doubt you understand anything here that has been explained to you multiple times and B.) who are you again?

FYI, I don't have a tank. But I have friends who play magicka based tanks who tanked every vet trial and vet dungeon.

oh and here, I've taken the liberty of showing you some magicka tank builds:

magplar tank:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lGYVXPi3QY

magDK tank:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OThQL73iTRk

magsorc tank:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiXZbXZ2pgo

magNB tank:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebput1ajX10

*these are just on top of my search in youtube. Lots more if you only take the effort to research before you open your mouth.

Lastly, if people stop arguing with you it doesn't prove you're right. Sometimes, it means that people know that they are just hitting their heads against a wall when they try to enlighten you. I hope you get the reference, but again, I highly doubt you do. lol
    Edited by me_ming on June 26, 2017 12:41PM
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • Bringer
    Bringer
    ✭✭✭
    3% cost reduction is equals to 5-6% mag regen.
    You cant make a statement like that, they effect different things. Cost reduction effects the cost which must be compared to all resource recovery methods.

You must simplify the model of all outgoing costs to all incoming recovery, to see which is better.

Regen has two disadvantages. One, most people are already going to have +50% or more regen going, so an extra 10% is actually only increasing their real regeneration rate by ~7%. The second is that you will be gaining resource back from heavy attacks, potions, synergy, etc, so your total resource recovery is going to be larder than your overall regen, which is doubly important since +% regen does not increase everything.

Parsing on dummies i only get about half of my resource recovery from my natural regen. Now this could vary wildly from person to person and built to build. so its only an example, but in this case that would lower what 10% does for me in half again, and i would only be having an increase total resource recovery of 3.5%

Meanwhile cost reduction is additive. So if ive already got, say, 20% cost reduction from passives, then that 3% turns it into 23%, this means a skill that was costing 800 is now only cost 770, a ~ 3.8% reduction
    Edited by Bringer on June 26, 2017 12:27PM
  • EC_Rob
    EC_Rob
    ✭✭✭
    Yes definitly, if you want to play a magicka dps character and you want to mini max you must be an elf. I have tried both a breton and a dark elf dragonknight, tried a breton and high elf sorc and each time i lose a good 2-5k dps wich is simply too much to not be the latter. Giving bretons extra magicka damage wont help breton dragonknights sure, it will help sorcerors a bit though and look at templars and nightblades, it would bring a nice variaty towards races in the magicka playstyle.

I understand to aspect as to lore, but lore cant be everything in my opinion. Balance is what we need, this is not just a rpg. its online, the variaty is low and that kind of sucks.

Much love to all,
    @EC_Rob
    GM of Nirn Traders (PC-EU)
    GM of Aetherius Trade (PC-EU)
    GM of Sovngarde Traders (PC-EU)

Keep it causal, enjoy your games.
    Kill in good spirit, die in good spirit.

Magicka Templar since 2014. Breton master race forever.
This discussion has been closed.