The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Breton racial passives

SilverWF
SilverWF
✭✭✭✭✭
Bretons are mentioned to be magicka class, probably DD (along with Altmers and Dunmers), but they do not have mag regen, nor spell damage boost.
So, what if:

Add Mag regen to Gift of Magnus passive: Increases Max Magicka by 4/7/10% and Magicka regen by 4/7/10%
This change would help to any mag role and class, because in the current meta, mag regen is a king. And 3% cost reduction from last passive is much lower, that some boost to regen, if calculate it in the real fight conditions. Maybe 10% is too much here, then it can be lowered, i.e. to 2/4/6%

OR (this is OR, not AND, please read carefully)

Add Mag damage boost to Magicka Mastery passive: Reduces the Magicka cost of your abilities by 1/2/3% and increases your Magic damage by 1/2/3%
(Note: Magic damage - is a separate type of spell damage, like Fire, Ice etc.)
We already have 2 races focused on the elemental damage - Altmer and Dunmer, that is preferable to use with mag-DD Sorc and DK. But we do not have any race, that can be best for mag-DD Templar and NB. This can fix it.

OR

Passive Spell Resistance turns into Resistant passive: Increases Spell Resistance by 1320 / 2640 / 3960 and Critical Resistance by 500 / 1000 / 1500
Since Bretons are have some tanky passive and Alliance points gain from 1st passive, why not improve their tankyness in the PVP by adding some natural Critical resistance? This looks pretty relevant and will allow Bretons to save some points in the CP and invest it to damage or regen.

What do you think?
Edited by SilverWF on June 10, 2017 4:54PM
  • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
  • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
  • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
  • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't add anything to Gift of Magus since Altmer also have that passive. But they should certainly boost Magicka Mastery in some way.

Altmer is now absolutely the best Magicka damage dealing race to choose.

Oh and you should change your description of Magic damage and just say it is a separate damage type, like fire, ice, lightning, physical, poison etc... Saying it is a different type of "spell damage" is just going to confuse people, lol.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, reduce magicka costs is just better than the magicka regen from altmers already (unless very specific builds), and max mag passive is a form of more damage too, so i'll say no. Bretons are a strong race.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bretons are fine as they are. They sacrifice a little bit of damage for some tankiness.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    They can't add anything to Gift of Magus since Altmer also have that passive. But they should certainly boost Magicka Mastery in some way.
    But they can make a separate passive for Bretons.
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Well, reduce magicka costs is just better than the magicka regen from altmers already (unless very specific builds)
    max mag passive is a form of more damage too, so i'll say no. Bretons are a strong race.
    1. What is 3% cost reduce from 3000? 90. Every 1,5 seconds, so it is ~120 (and much lesser for cheaper spells) every 2 sec if you are constantly casting.
    What is 10% regen from 1500? 150. Every 2 sec. That is always with you.

2. But Altmers and Dumners has Max Mag and Spell dmg bost at the same time!

Bretons are NOT strong race. Also, seems like you are ignored "OR" word.
    Danksta wrote: »
    Bretons are fine as they are. They sacrifice a little bit of damage for some tankiness.
    Sorry, but with the last changes (boosted penetration CP passives), extra 4k spell resist is nothing. Literally.
    Edited by SilverWF on June 9, 2017 4:32PM
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    Bretons could be very strong! but with the reduce cost of Mag CP node gone, Bretons have taken a monster hit and are middle tier at best now.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the reduce cost of Mag CP node gone
    As for me, they even can remove that pointless 3% cost reduce from Breton passives, but with both suggestion (regen and damage) implemented at the same time.
    Edited by SilverWF on June 9, 2017 4:37PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Well, reduce magicka costs is just better than the magicka regen from altmers already (unless very specific builds)
    max mag passive is a form of more damage too, so i'll say no. Bretons are a strong race.
    1. What is 3% cost reduce from 3000? 90. Every 1,5 seconds, so it is ~120 (and much lesser for cheaper spells) every 2 sec if you are constantly casting.

Sorry, but with the last changes (boosted penetration CP passives), extra 4k spell resist is nothing. Literally.

I'm not sure if you don't know what literally means or if you just think this just a PvP game...
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if you don't know what literally means or if you just think this just a PvP game...
    You can edit quotes, you know that right?
    Noone cares about PVE, where you have tank and healer.
    Also, if you are care of PVE only, so you must agree with all changes - what you afraid for? That pesky "OP" Bretons would never hit you in the PVE, right?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should boost the cost reduction passive from 1/2/3% to 1/3/5% or even 2/4/6%. No other changes needed.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, if you are care of PVE only, so you must agree with all changes - what you afraid for? That pesky "OP" Bretons would never hit you in the PVE, right?

I never said I don't PvP, I do both. I also never said that Bretons were OP, but just because they aren't OP doesn't mean they need a buff. Also Breton happens to be a decent race for healing so that tankiness comes in handy then. I like my added spell resistance on my Breton Templar for vMA as well, where I don't have a tank and healer. A lot of assumptions in there. You do know what they say about making assumption, right?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said I don't PvP, I do both. I also never said that Bretons were OP, but just because they aren't OP doesn't mean they need a buff. Also Breton happens to be a decent race for healing so that tankiness comes in handy then. I like my added spell resistance on my Breton Templar for vMA as well, where I don't have a tank and healer. A lot of assumptions in there. You do know what they say about making assumption, right?

I'm not trying to make OP from Bretons (just to bring them a bit closer to the top-mag races), nor remove their spell resist
    What you are arguing here?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cost reduction passive is probably better than regen with the current design. At the very least it's in line with it since so much cost reduction was removed.

Further, changing the spell resist to increasing magicka damage would benefit one or two clssses. It would certainly benefit the Templar and the NB would be good with it if they used swallow soul instead of force pulse but a Sorc would get less benefit and a ,DK probably none so the class would be the most restrictive on receiving benefit from the passive vs dunmer and high elf as things are now.

It's probably best to leave the Bretton as it is. Decent cost reduction. Max magicka and some damage resistance.

Btw, cannot add something without taking something away. Cannot add magika damage and keep the current 3 passives.
    Edited by idk on June 9, 2017 4:52PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bretons are NOT strong race.

They are only not the best pve dps race, but for some classes that don't have much elemental damage, they are the best option for pvp, and some support roles. So, yes they are a strong race.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm not trying to make OP from Bretons (just to bring them a bit closer to the top-mag races), nor remove their spell resist

I'm saying they're fine. They are decent DDs and healers, they don't need to be the best at anything. If they were to get a damage buff I think they should remove the spell resistance buff, but I think that would make them feel to similar to Altmers.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Honghua
    Honghua
    ✭✭✭
    Because Breton is tank-magicka oriented race, not damage dealer.
    The strongest pvp magicka imho.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cost reduction passive is probably better than regen with the current design
    I've already made a calculations about it, please, look closely at it.
    About benefition: yes, nothing wrong with it.
    for some classes that don't have much elemental damage
    Yes, that's a goal - to make an unique race with not elemental, but magic damage boost in the passives.
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bretons are mentioned to be magicka class, probably DD (along with Altmers and Dunmers), but they do not have mag regen, nor spell damage boost.
    So, what if:
    Add Mag regen to Gift of Magnus passive: Increases Max Magicka by 4/7/10% and Magicka regen by 4/7/10%
    or
    Add Mag damage boost to Magicka Mastery passive: Reduces the Magicka cost of your abilities by 1/2/3% and increases your Magic damage by 1/2/3%
    (Note: Magic damage - is a separate type of spell damage, like Fire, Ice etc.)

What do you think?

They are a magicka race, they gain max magicka, magicka cost reduction, and spell resistances. I don't think there is a race that has pure spell damage or weapon damage as a passive.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm saying they're fine. They are decent DDs and healers, they don't need to be the best at anything. If they were to get a damage buff I think they should remove the spell resistance buff, but I think that would make them feel to similar to Altmers.

This is true. It's know Dro Mathra Destroyers that are brettons. Skill has a greater effect on dps than the passives anyhow.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    makreth wrote: »
    They are a magicka race, they gain max magicka, magicka cost reduction, and spell resistances. I don't think there is a race that has pure spell damage or weapon damage as a passive.
    You are right and noone asking for that here too.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    makreth wrote: »
    You are right and noone asking for that here too.

The thread is going to derail if you keep nitpicking posts. The reply I quoted is not the only relevant example in this thread.
  • Honghua
    Honghua
    ✭✭✭

3960 magic resistance is still 6% magic damage reduction, whatever you will do.
    6% lower damage vs 4% higher damage.

And about the mag regen vs Cost reduction.
    As a templar using 4 skills i am already granted with 380-400 magicka saved in few seconds, while altmer with his 9% mag regen gains 120-135 mag every 2 seconds, he needs 4 seconds in total to regain as much magicka as i have spend on my breton withing 2 seconds.
    The thing is, as a breton to max out this passive you have to invest into magicka regeneration in rings and amulat, so it will double the effect up in final.
    And since we have now CP mastery which reduces the mana regen nowadays, altmers are in disadvantage in pvp comparing to breton since his racial skill is weaker by X%.

• SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they were to get a damage buff I think they should remove the spell resistance buff
    I don't think they should or must do that. Altmers and Dunmers still have more damage boost, than just 3% of only one type. So it will allow to spell res remain the same too.
    The thread is going to derail if you keep nitpicking posts.
    If you would continue to add here unconstructive stuff, like this - yes.
    I've only pointed to that guy, that he got wrong the 1st post of this thread.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a 3% bonus to magicka damage added to Bretons.

Its funny because everyone saying that Bretons are fine are the very same people in a thread poll asking "what race should I make my magicka (----)" would say Altmer or maybe Dunmer but definitely not Bretons are the weakest magicka class.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honghua wrote: »
    As a templar using 4 skills i am already granted with 380-400 magicka saved in few seconds, while altmer with his 9% mag regen gains 120-135 mag every 2 seconds, he needs 4 seconds in total to regain as much magicka as i have spend on my breton withing 2 seconds.
    The thing is, as a breton to max out this passive you have to invest into magicka regeneration in rings and amulat, so it will double the effect up in final.
    And since we have now CP mastery which reduces the mana regen nowadays, altmers are in disadvantage in pvp comparing to breton since his racial skill is weaker by X%.
    You are trying to lie here. Stop it please. Or you are really casting 4 skills in 2 seconds? Maybe, I need to report you?
    You can't cast skills such fast - GCD you know. Every 1,5 sec you are casting skills, every 1,5 sec if you have perfect rotation and you are allowed to free casting.
    Avg cost of skill is ~3k it saves you 90 mana every 1,5sec or 120 every 2sec. So this 3% cost reduction translates into +120 mag regen.
    +120 mag regen only if: you are constantly casting, you are allowed to free cast, your rotation is perfect, your avg cost of skills is 3k.
    +10% mag regen equals to +~150 every 2sec
    +150 mag regen and you don't need to do anything for that - it is always with you.

And as a breton, you need to invest into Spell damage enchants on the jewelry, to somehow compensate that lack of huge damage boosts from Altmers or Dunmers.

Monsters in the PVE are not using CP passives btw.
    Edited by SilverWF on June 9, 2017 5:25PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they were to get a damage buff I think they should remove the spell resistance buff
    I don't think they should or must do that. Altmers and Dunmers still have more damage boost, than just 3% of only one type. So it will allow to spell res remain the same too.
    The thread is going to derail if you keep nitpicking posts.
    If you would continue to add here unconstructive stuff, like this - yes.
    I've only pointed to that guy, that he got wrong the 1st post of this thread.

As I said, it's not the only example in this thread about you nitpicking in your replies.

You have selectively edited multiple posts you quoted and replied to one minuscule pasty of their post.

In many of your posted you selectively edit out the more significant pouints players have made and make a a nitpicking comment on what you do keep.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And concerning your "calculations" to compare magick cost reduction passive to the increase magika regen passives the base magicka regen should be closer to 850-900 range unless your talking about PvP exclusively.

Since the only reason to even have this conversation is for min/max purposes, no one min/maxing for PvE damage is going to have 1500 regen. It's a reduction in dps and as such reduces the effectiveness of any racial passive that increases damage.

So 10% increased regen is more like 90 magicka every 2 seconds. FYI.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In many of your posted you selectively edit out the more significant pouints players have made and make a a nitpicking comment on what you do keep.
    Yes, you got it, I'm removing not important (as I think) parts from quotes (or a parts that I'm agree with) and answering only on that what is left. You are revealed me, kek.
    I dislike when someone quoiting the huge wall of text and adding only a few words to that - it feels dumb.
    Also, noone able to force me to answer on the every single word from the whole quote. And I would never do. You can call the FBI because of that, lol.
    So 10% increased regen is more like 90 magicka every 2 seconds. FYI.
    Even if like that, you still don't need to do ANYTHING for that, it is ALWAYS with you.
    FYI.
    Edited by SilverWF on June 9, 2017 5:37PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you got it, I'm removing not important (as I think) parts from quotes and answering only on that what is left. You are revealed me, kek.
    I dislike when someone quoiting the huge wall of text and adding only a few words to that - it feels dumb.
    Also, noone able to force me to answer on the every single word from the whole quote. And I would never do. You can call the FBI because of that, lol.

You ingore that your suggestion would restrict the use of brettons to Templars and NBs because it isn't important?

Merely to select the magika regen cost reduction point I made and direct me to your misguided information on the subject you made. Which I corrected just a moment ago
  • Honghua
    Honghua
    ✭✭✭
    You are trying to lie here. Stop it please. Or you are really casting 4 skills in 2 seconds? Maybe, I need to report you?
    You can't cast skills fatser than once per 1,5 sec - GCD you know. Every 1,5 sec you are casting skills, every 1,5 sec if you have perfect rotation and you are allowed to free casting.
    Avg cost of skill is ~3k it saves you 90 mana every 1,5sec or 120 every 2sec. So this 3% cost reduction translates into +120 mag regen.
    +120 mag regen only if: you are constantly casting, you are allowed to free cast, your rotation is perfect, your avg cost of skills is 3k.
    +10% mag regen equals to +~150 every 2sec
    +150 mag regen and you don't need to do anything for that - it is always with you.

And as a breton, you need to invest into Spell damage enchants on the jewelry, to somehow compensate that lack of huge damage boosts from Altmers or Dunmers.

Monsters in the PVE are not using CP passives btw.

not 10% but 9% thats first.
    Second.
    magicka regen is affected by champion skill "siphoner" and that alone could reduce the magicka regen by 15%, thats must have for anyone wanting to do serious pvp.
    If you compare altmer and someone else both with 1500 base mag regen affected by that skill you will end up having an Altmer with 1389 magicka regen and the other with 1275, making it 114 difference between them, divide it by 2, multiple it by 1.5 and here you go, 85 magicka regen each 1.5 seconds, while breton saves 90 magicka each cast whatever the enemy will do.
    Does that looks balanced to you now?
  • Argah
    Argah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because Breton is tank-magicka oriented race, not damage dealer.
    The strongest pvp magicka imho.

I have a level 37 breton healer, is that not what they are best at?
This discussion has been closed.