The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Battlegrounds - wow

grim_tactics
grim_tactics
✭✭✭✭✭
I thought VMA made me mad.

The community got the Sorc nerf they wanted.

Shields literally drop to 1 heavy attack or 1 decent damage ability.

There is nothing for me to do to mitigate the bursts from NBs and StamSorcs

Seems like I'm going to run StamSorc because NonCP BGs is made for stamina builds - period.

Looks like I'll wait for CP BGs for me to be able to actually run counter to these other builds with a MagSorc.
Edited by grim_tactics on June 8, 2017 8:32AM
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing has been done to shields directly. Magicka sorcs are in the top of PvP.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like I'm going to run StamSorc because NonCP BGs is made for stamina builds - period.

Looks like I'll wait for CP BGs for me to be able to actually run counter to these other builds with a MagSorc.

lol wut?
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are waiting, for a playstyle for BG that is not even planned.

1byglv.jpg

Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    8fc3162d32c7e051f086e0b5b18c443365deb6892f3fe5bc6f2677bba3447afd.jpg
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually mag sorc is in very strong position in BG. Stam NB and Magsorc are 2 most dominant builds in BG's atm.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

In non CP shields are almost non existent from a protection stand point. Cast one and it drops in 1 hit.

In CP - yes, I'd say MagSorc is still pretty OP.

In BGs, MagSorcs are just a support class really. You cant rely on Healing Ward to pop, you can't rely on shield stacking, you are just burning resources if you do.

I've said before I would be ok if they looked into changing shields for Sorcs but if they made them as weak as they are in NonCP, Sorcs would just die off as a viable class.
    Moglijuana wrote: »

lol wut?

You show me a Magicka build that can even begin to compete against a stamina class in NonCP. The only one I can even think would be close would be MagBlade and even then I'm not seeing them nearly as much.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

You are waiting, for a playstyle for BG that is not even planned.

1byglv.jpg

I doubt it, but even if it's, say, November, I'm fine with skipping NonCP. Cyrodiil isn't going anywhere so I'll stay there.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Actually mag sorc is in very strong position in BG. Stam NB and Magsorc are 2 most dominant builds in BG's atm.

Only as support for execute. Stand behind the big guys and spam it on low health targets and steal kills.

As a stand alone I have to disagree.

The easiest target in BGs right now is a MagSorc. Any pressure and they're toast because they cannot sustain burst due to shields being almost useless in NonCP.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soll wrote: »
    8fc3162d32c7e051f086e0b5b18c443365deb6892f3fe5bc6f2677bba3447afd.jpg

Anything constructive you'd like to add? If not - move along.
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    yes, because it's clearly mag sorcs are still very strong, as was mentioned, one of the strongest class together with stam nb.

go and try to run solo magplar to feel pain.

I guess you are just typical CP pvp player, who faced brick wall of no-CP. How much time you spent in Azura/BG? It's absolutely different gameplay, different builds. I know tons of very good mag sorcs in no-CP , so as bad ones, who don't know how to play it.

And yes, vMA makes mad only beginners.
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In non CP shields are almost non existent from a protection stand point. Cast one and it drops in 1 hit.

In BGs, MagSorcs are just a support class really. You cant rely on Healing Ward to pop, you can't rely on shield stacking, you are just burning resources if you do.

I've said before I would be ok if they looked into changing shields for Sorcs but if they made them as weak as they are in NonCP, Sorcs would just die off as a viable class.

lol wut?

You show me a Magicka build that can even begin to compete against a stamina class in NonCP. The only one I can even think would be close would be MagBlade and even then I'm not seeing them nearly as much.

My MDK wins 95% of every 1v1 in no-CP...and 1vX happens pretty often as well. So idk what you're talking about. And I'm in Light Armor.

My matches usually look like this

khAthtG.jpg
    Edited by Moglijuana on June 8, 2017 2:43PM
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soll wrote: »
    yes, because it's clearly mag sorcs are still very strong, as was mentioned, one of the strongest class together with stam nb.

go and try to run solo magplar to feel pain.

I guess you are just typical CP pvp player, who faced brick wall of no-CP. How much time you spent in Azura/BG? It's absolutely different gameplay, different builds. I know tons of very good mag sorcs in no-CP , so as bad ones, who don't know how to play it.

And yes, vMA makes mad only beginners.

First off - I got Flawless Conquerer before I hit CP400. VMA is an RNG cheese fest where you die or lose points because of RNG, not skill, and your rewards are terrible for the time. Some people put in 500+ runs without getting the weapon they needed. So, no, VMA was a trash dungeon farm. I've only ever broken a controller once in my life - and it was because of VMA.

Second - yes, I'm not ashamed to admit it's also a L2P issue for me in BGs. I spent all of May in NonCP getting ready for BGs, but I also didn't realize our tank in the group was going to ditch his DK for a Sorc. Now, unless it's the weekend, my group has been running 3 DPS and 1 Healer. So maybe that's the issue is we are just easy targets.

Secondly, breaking CC in BGs is broken and the lag spikes are real.

I prefer CP because on console that's what we were forced into if you didn't want to die of complete boredom as NonCP is dead 24/7 and has been for a long time.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol wut?

My MDK wins 95% of every 1v1 in no-CP...so idk what you're talking about. And I'm in Light Armor.

khAthtG.jpg

What platform are you on and what is your spell damage in NonCP?

I wish I could run into a MagDK in BGs. Haven't seen the first one yet - no lie.

Also - K/D isn't an issue. I still have great games. First BG is played I went 21-3. Most games I'm even or better in k/d but that doesn't matter except in DM. My issue is the games where it's 5-3 or 2-4 with 20+ assists.

My toon just doesn't do the burst damage all these try hard teams do and the seperation isn't even close. If I could rely on shields to negate like they normally do it would be easy to counter a team running 3 NBs and a DK. As it stands, it's spam shields and HOPE you can Streak out and heal. Most of the time it's die to NB cheese before the animations are over - or just be followed around the walls by people spamming crit rush.
    Edited by grim_tactics on June 8, 2017 2:48PM
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol wut?

My MDK wins 95% of every 1v1 in no-CP...so idk what you're talking about. And I'm in Light Armor.

khAthtG.jpg

I wish I could run into a MagDK in BGs. Haven't seen the first one yet - no lie.

Also - K/D isn't an issue. I still have great games. First BG is played I went 21-3. Most games I'm even or better in k/d but that doesn't matter except in DM. My issue is the games where it's 5-3 or 2-4 with 20+ assists.

My toon just doesn't do the burst damage all these try hard teams do and the seperation isn't even close. If I could rely on shields to negate like they normally do it would be easy to counter a team running 3 NBs and a DK. As it stands, it's spam shields and HOPE you can Streak out and heal. Most of the time it's die to NB cheese before the animations are over - or just be followed around the walls by people spamming crit rush.

I'm on PS4 NA. Buffed I get to like 3500 SD with 33k ish max mag. I'm running bloodspawn + the serpent lol. It actually has made a HUGE difference in being able to survive. Dodge when needed -> into a burst combo as they're off guard. Being able to shield only when you REALLLLLY need it helps a ton. Dodge rolls mitigate 100% damage and with 1k + stam regen on a mag characters it's easy af to dodge roll whenever.
    Edited by Moglijuana on June 8, 2017 2:52PM
  • soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    First off - I got Flawless Conquerer before I hit CP400. VMA is an RNG cheese fest where you die or lose points because of RNG, not skill, and your rewards are terrible for the time. Some people put in 500+ runs without getting the weapon they needed. So, no, VMA was a trash dungeon farm. I've only ever broken a controller once in my life - and it was because of VMA.

Second - yes, I'm not ashamed to admit it's also a L2P issue for me in BGs. I spent all of May in NonCP getting ready for BGs, but I also didn't realize our tank in the group was going to ditch his DK for a Sorc. Now, unless it's the weekend, my group has been running 3 DPS and 1 Healer. So maybe that's the issue is we are just easy targets.

Secondly, breaking CC in BGs is broken and the lag spikes are real.

I prefer CP because on console that's what we were forced into if you didn't want to die of complete boredom as NonCP is dead 24/7 and has been for a long time.

consoles explains plenty, I heard, that no-CP is dead there.

anyway, set up for BG my group found the most optimal is 2 DD, 1 tanky DK with some damage, and healbot.
    We tried 3 DD, feels more squishy, but it really depends on RNG of the team you play against. It could be that all other player are below 50 or AR below 10, or you can face full pre-made of one of the most hardcore guys from Azura, and then it's sweaty match going on with almost no kills.

CC problem – purge skill from healbot + set/food for max stam or stam recovery. In no-CP it all about sustain. Some builds are including even 2 sustain sets, or sustain set+ proc set. Many guys I know, are running recovery food, instead of max stat.
    Edited by soll on June 8, 2017 2:52PM
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose

• grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol wut?

khAthtG.jpg

I'm on PS4 NA. Buffed I get to like 3500 SD with 33k ish max mag. I'm running bloodspawn + the serpent lol. It actually has made a HUGE difference in being able to survive. Dodge when needed -> into a burst combo as they're off guard.

See - that's the difference and it's a big one.

My stats on the best set up for me I could find and works great in CP gives me 2500 SD in NonCP but my regen is great and using Dark conversion keeps my resources good - even Stam regen is great.

Most of the higher profile streamers I've watched play by executing from behind their teammates and use mines and Streak to get out. Not like they're face tanking everyone they see.

Hardly can get 1v1s in BGs, and shields just suck too much for 1vX so it's hope for a 1v1 or run to your teammates and hope you make it.

Again, it may take me a while to just learn to play less aggressively, but I don't like feeling like just a support role on the team. If I wanted to just play support - I would've made a Healer of some sort.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol wut?

khAthtG.jpg

I'm on PS4 NA. Buffed I get to like 3500 SD with 33k ish max mag. I'm running bloodspawn + the serpent lol. It actually has made a HUGE difference in being able to survive. Dodge when needed -> into a burst combo as they're off guard.

See - that's the difference and it's a big one.

My stats on the best set up for me I could find and works great in CP gives me 2500 SD in NonCP but my regen is great and using Dark conversion keeps my resources good - even Stam regen is great.

Most of the higher profile streamers I've watched play by executing from behind their teammates and use mines and Streak to get out. Not like they're face tanking everyone they see.

Hardly can get 1v1s in BGs, and shields just suck too much for 1vX so it's hope for a 1v1 or run to your teammates and hope you make it.

Again, it may take me a while to just learn to play less aggressively, but I don't like feeling like just a support role on the team. If I wanted to just play support - I would've made a Healer of some sort.

Yea for MDK regen isn't that big of a deal with destro resto. With Heavy attacks + pots + Battle Roar + Ele Drain I can run around with 700 regen and be fine. I actually may use one reduced cost glyph but don't think I need it that bad. Yea shields in no-CP take a bit getting used to. I mainly use them to prevent big crits that I know are incoming ( like when a NB goes into stealth). Streak + mines is pretty good in BG's though bc there is so much LOS available, you can streak around a corner and set up to get some breathing room.
    Edited by Moglijuana on June 8, 2017 3:17PM
  • TaCoSlurpY
    TaCoSlurpY
    ✭✭✭
    Stamsorcs and magblades > stamblades (would be top teir but they need burst to kill and sustain is worse foe them) > magplar (healbot) and magsorc (most of the time they run to corner trying to get enemy to chase but the enemy just end up going to an objecrive instead) > everything else is poop and i mean dont even bring
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost every single one of my death recaps is either a stam NB with vipers or mag sorc/mage's wrath tick - when I am really lucky, it's a combination of the two.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »

Almost every single one of my death recaps is either a stam NB with vipers or mag sorc/mage's wrath tick - when I am really lucky, it's a combination of the two.

I mean - we can just hang back and let everyone else do all the work and just spam execute. That's not fun to me honestly. I want to get in there and get involved.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I admit personally I've used CP as a crutch. On Xbox the non-CP Cyrodiil is dead so I haven't had much experience without it.

I've had a lot of success with magSorc before but I have to play very different here. There is a learning curve but one thing for sure is to have that execute ready when an enemy's health is low.

Stamina definitely shines in current BG right now though. Might just make one of my magblades into a stamblade. Procs and poisons...
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit personally I've used CP as a crutch. On Xbox the non-CP Cyrodiil is dead so I haven't had much experience without it.

I've had a lot of success with magSorc before but I have to play very different here. There is a learning curve but one thing for sure is to have that execute ready when an enemy's health is low.

Stamina definitely shines in current BG right now though. Might just make one of my magblades into a stamblade. Procs and poisons...

I agree too. I admit I got too comfortable in CP campaigns also.

Before May of this year I had only played in nonCP back in year 1 of console.

Main reason though was NonCP has been dead for so long. It's just boring in there with nothing going on except maybe on Friday night - even then it barely 1 bars.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only as support for execute. Stand behind the big guys and spam it on low health targets and steal kills.

The easiest target in BGs right now is a MagSorc. Any pressure and they're toast because they cannot sustain burst due to shields being almost useless in NonCP.

2 magsorc can take relic and move it to their base attacked by whole enemie team. We're talking about skilled player in fully optimized setups here ofc. Even 1 sorc can be hard to defeat. Morrowind finished brainless shieldstacking while You're standing in 1 place and smashing 1 button but shields are still strong if properly used.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol wut?

My MDK wins 95% of every 1v1 in no-CP...and 1vX happens pretty often as well. So idk what you're talking about. And I'm in Light Armor.

khAthtG.jpg

Mag DK will be new FotM in duels in Morrowind belive me.
    Edited by Juhasow on June 8, 2017 11:46PM
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2 magsorc can take relic and move it to their base attacked by whole enemie team. We're talking about skilled player in fully optimized setups here ofc. Even 1 sorc can be hard to defeat. Morrowind finished brainless shieldstacking while You're standing in 1 place and smashing 1 button but shields are still strong if properly used.

I respect your opinion but in all honesty some of the better players on MagSorcs recommend upping health more if you're solo queuing BGs.

Shields aren't strong in NonCP and that scenario will not happen. If you're whole team is attacking two Sorcs, meaning 4v2, someone on your team is doing something wrong if you can't kill them cause their shields aren't doing anything except burning resources.

If you don't believe me - just make a MagSorc and go try it.

You're going to lose a shield and health from any attack that does decent damage. A full shield with 33% health = death by incap. They are stupidly weak in NonCP. Even stacked it's hard to get Healing Ward to last long enough for the heal - and even the heal is lower.

Sorcs are also the easiest to kill in BGs. Watch the better MagSorcs that stream. They play support and try and pick 1v1s they can win. 1vX they're toast. They spend their time in the back using execute and kiting around. That's not aggressive - that's passive and defensive only using their bursts when a situation allows (also smart too in NonCP- I'm just not a fan of staying on the edge not getting in the fray) That's why I currently prefer CP. I want to get in and get involved - not play a support role that has to run any time more than 1 person targets you.

Now, in duels and in CP campaigns - shields are still crazy good.

But to call shield stacking "brainless" shows me you obviously don't play a Sorc as shields are the only thing that keeps a Sorc alive. Besides - even if you stack, you have only 3 secs left on the first one as they only last 5 seconds once cast.

Every class has a "brainless" skill that everyone uses/exploits if we are going to call using shields brainless. I could even say that a NBs whole rotation is brainless.
    Edited by grim_tactics on June 9, 2017 2:37PM
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *double post
    Edited by grim_tactics on June 9, 2017 1:25PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Irylia

please school this individual on how to sorc shield.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    @Irylia

As if I didn't know who all of them are. I've been running Sorc since day 1 and I've watched the best, spoken with them about build set ups and strats - I'm fine.

Even had one tell me that they're running AoEs now in BGs (Elemental Blockade and Liquid Lightning) because Sorcs are too squishy to focus on direct damage.

I'm strictly talking BGs. When a shield falls to 1 attack (because there is noCP) then shield stacking is also significantly less. Do you not think I keep shields up almost 100%? Give me a break. That shield stack rotation is so easy to run but doesn't matter when you can spam it while you're poison snared to try and get away and every shield falls as soon as it is cast. Dodge roll into Streak while shielding works until you have 1 or 2 DKs leaping across the map on you the whole time because it follows you even in Streak and does more damage the further they leap. So please share with me how their shields would somehow work better seeing as all shields in NonCP for Sorc shield the same.

You're more than welcome to post your Sorc 1vXing the whole team in BGs without any issues. Honestly would like to see that.

In CP - I'll fight anyone without issue and come out on top most of the time.

Direct damage and 1vXing in BGs against good teams leaves MagSorc lacking in surviabilty and mostly kiting and edging in fights.

At no point did I say anything is broken - I'm just not a fan of having hardly any counter play in NonCP.

The smartest way to play BGs as a MagSorc is defense with some support offense in the form of spam execute and Daedric Mines while pressuring with Curse. Then - run away.

The only ability that actually works better is Overload light attacks.
    Edited by grim_tactics on June 9, 2017 4:09PM
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Irylia

I use a 7k hard ward (3k mag) in no cp and my healing ward for 4k mag. It's hard on the sustain and you can't sit there stacking by any means especially since they will drop to almost any form of incoming damage. Need to play like an alpha and get in there and combo the weakest off quickly.

I'll upload another video of my bg games. By no means am I saying I haven't gotten a bunch of free fury kills but I also spend a lot of my time 1vx in bg and ending with high kill low death scores.

I do agree mag sorc is harder than any Stam class in no cp. we don't have access to multiple proc sets as they do and those sets like viper are equivalent to the damage of a fully stacked fury and at the same time save you resources because that's one less skill you had to cast.

IMO magplar is also easier on no cp than sorc mainly due to their ability to cleanse, use sb/ult, potl, and raw healing is safer than a mini ward. I've played every class but mnb and I enjoy my Stam dk/nb a lot. Much easier to los 1vx and feel untouchable but my heart belongs to my goblin sorc so I can never spend a huge chunk of time just playing and improving on another class.
    @Irylia

As if I didn't know who all of them are. I've been running Sorc since day 1 and I've watched the best, spoken with them about build set ups and strats - I'm fine.

Even had one tell me that they're running AoEs now in BGs (Elemental Blockade and Liquid Lightning) because Sorcs are too squishy to focus on direct damage.

I'm strictly talking BGs. When a shield falls to 1 attack (because there is noCP) then shield stacking is also significantly less. Do you not think I keep shields up almost 100%? Give me a break. That shield stack rotation is so easy to run but doesn't matter when you can spam it while you're poison snared to try and get away and every shield falls as soon as it is cast. Dodge roll into Streak while shielding works until you have 1 or 2 DKs leaping across the map on you the whole time because it follows you even in Streak and does more damage the further they leap. So please share with me how their shields would somehow work better seeing as all shields in NonCP for Sorc shield the same.

You're more than welcome to post your Sorc 1vXing the whole team in BGs without any issues. Honestly would like to see that.

Direct damage and 1vXing in BGs against good teams leaves MagSorc lacking in surviabilty and mostly kiting and edging in fights.

At no point did I say anything is broken - I'm just not a fan of having hardly any counter play in NonCP.

The smartest way to play BGs as a MagSorc is defense with some support offense in the form of spam execute and Daedric Mines while pressuring with Curse. Then - run away.

Resto ult
    Defending resto
    Boundless
    Bs/pirate
    Full impen

Are a few ways to help getting around a small ward.

I also tend to los around the walls or pillars a bit more to weave dark conversions in. But it is tough in no cp with sorc.
    Out classed by procs and rng dodge/rolling

I'm working on a no healing ward build because that skill costs a lot to try and get off. Going to see if I can sustain my hp by other means and use hard ward similar to how dk's would igneous to burst heal last patch.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    @Irylia

I use a 7k hard ward (3k mag) in no cp and my healing ward for 4k mag. It's hard on the sustain and you can't sit there stacking by any means especially since they will drop to almost any form of incoming damage. Need to play like an alpha and get in there and combo the weakest off quickly.

I'll upload another video of my bg games. By no means am I saying I haven't gotten a bunch of free fury kills but I also spend a lot of my time 1vx in bg and ending with high kill low death scores.

I do agree mag sorc is harder than any Stam class in no cp. we don't have access to multiple proc sets as they do and those sets like viper are equivalent to the damage of a fully stacked fury and at the same time save you resources because that's one less skill you had to cast.

IMO magplar is also easier on no cp than sorc mainly due to their ability to cleanse, use sb/ult, potl, and raw healing is safer than a mini ward. I've played every class but mnb and I enjoy my Stam dk/nb a lot. Much easier to los 1vx and feel untouchable but my heart belongs to my goblin sorc so I can never spend a huge chunk of time just playing and improving on another class.
    @Irylia

Resto ult
    Defending resto
    Boundless
    Bs/pirate
    Full impen

Are a few ways to help getting around a small ward.

I also tend to los around the walls or pillars a bit more to weave dark conversions in. But it is tough in no cp with sorc.
    Out classed by procs and rng dodge/rolling

I'm working on a no healing ward build because that skill costs a lot to try and get off. Going to see if I can sustain my hp by other means and use hard ward similar to how dk's would igneous to burst heal last patch.

Thank you for the response and for also saying survivability in NonCP is the main issue for MagSorcs.