Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds - wow

• kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought VMA made me mad.

The community got the Sorc nerf they wanted.

Shields literally drop to 1 heavy attack or 1 decent damage ability.

There is nothing for me to do to mitigate the bursts from NBs and StamSorcs

Seems like I'm going to run StamSorc because NonCP BGs is made for stamina builds - period.

Looks like I'll wait for CP BGs for me to be able to actually run counter to these other builds with a MagSorc.

Back to the drawing board for you sir. Mag Sorc is crushing it atm in BG.

I know you probably didn't read the whole thread - which is fine cause I usually don't either after so many replies.

The point of this is the survivability in solo queue with randoms. NonCP offers no counter play and no viability for a MagSorc outside of a support role. If I'm running with my group and hitting from range without being pressured - I'm good and can help with the other players bursts while also setting up an execute.

When you are facing pressure as a MagSorc then your only option is to Streak, drop mines, and hope you can kite until your teammates drop back in.

I've mained a MagSorc since day 1 and I hold my own against anyone that challenges me 1v1. In CP campaigns I'll take 1vX challenges too.

In BGs though - shields are garbage - and the amount of damage you can negate is nonexistent.

This isn't some new MagSorc complaining cause I can't find my set up - this is someone who has been doing this a long time and can run all rotations with their eyes closed.

When you take counterplay away from a PvP mode - you're left with a gameplay that forces a playstyle for everyone who uses that class.

Reading your OP, you must realize why people jump to the conclusion that you're an inexperienced or biased Sorc. You may very well be quite good at it, but your initial post did not communicate that! I apologize for my assumption.

You don't have to inform me about how strong Stam is in BGs, or how hard it is to land damage due to shuffle and roll dodges- my current main is a Magicka NB. In other words, my damage is 100% projectiles. :D

When you're faced with pressure on your mSorc, CP or no CP, your counter play is the same as other classes', right? You survive the burst, then turn the fight--and Sorcs have plenty of tools for that. I don't see any evidence that mSorc is weaker defensively than other classes. While I agree of course that it's difficult to be survivable while solo queue-ing (I just did 3 or 4 solo BGs today), Sorcs are able to do it just as well as other classes IMO.

How are mSorcs less survivable than other classes? How will future CP BGs make mSorc survivability better compared to other classes being that everyone will get the same benefit from allotting their own CP?
    Edited by kadar on June 16, 2017 6:45AM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @grim_tactics After reading more comments/replies it seems to me like this is more related to being unfamiliar with shields in no-CP and solo queue-ing BGs , and less about class specific deficiencies. Being susceptible to Stamina burst is not a problem with mSorc survivability, it's a problem with the power level of proc Sets. Viper is out-shining all other damage sets by such a margin the only people not running it don't know how strong it is, or refuse to wear in on some moral grounds lol.

I played no-CP exclusively for a few months prior to BGs to get accustomed to how my build played in no-CP. I made a lot of changes until I was comfortable with my survivabilty level. It doesn't play the same as CP PVP. Interestingly, when ZOS gutted sustain, it made it easier because folks started building regen (lowering their damage) and/or can only manage 1 or 2 burst combos before running dry.
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    Rickter wrote: »
    oh come on @Irylia youre just being humble now. . . I wailed on you 1v1 in BGs last night and you just would not die. health bar didnt even move. you were more squishy than your DK pal, Ragnaroc (idk the name) but you were still flip floppin hard to kill.

I have sorc buddies that want your secrets.

A will to live
    And tons of practice.

Blocking key attacks
    Los
    Resto ult
    Boundless/defending resto
    Full impen

Are a few things that can help mitigate outside of wards.

I guess my best analogy would be walking barefoot outside will eventually toughen the skin so it is less painful to walk on rocks or what have you. Remove the shoe (zerg) and it forces you to adapt and overcome that pain (mitigating in 1vx)

Constantly making myself fight outnumbered since I started playing March 2016 has overtime allowed me to improve my reaction time, awareness, and get a comfortable grasp of my class to the point where I can mitigate vs the x long enough to get away or start killing them off one by one.

IMO dueling and small scaling benefit each other. You learn to mitigate damage and increase your awareness of targets buffs/debuffs/weak points when you small scale or 1vx and then dueling forces you to time your burst incredibly close to each skill going off. Making it easier to prioritize and knock people out later when you 1vx

I am running
    5x shackle breaker
    5x amberplasm
    1x vma sharp inferno
    1x defending resto w/ beserk enchant
    Witchmothers
    2x prismatic glyphs on large pieces
    Shadow mundus

Frag. Cshock. Curse. Innerlight. Fury. Db
    Heal ward. Hard ward. Dark deal. Degen. Streak. Resto ult

1800 mag gen
    1200 Stam gen
    3.1-3.3 spell damage
    35% crit

33 and 31k max mag
    7.3k hard ward

OP
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh come on @Irylia youre just being humble now. . . I wailed on you 1v1 in BGs last night and you just would not die. health bar didnt even move. you were more squishy than your DK pal, Ragnaroc (idk the name) but you were still flip floppin hard to kill.

A will to live
    And tons of practice.

Blocking key attacks
    Los
    Resto ult
    Full impen

I guess my best analogy would be walking barefoot outside will eventually toughen the skin so it is less painful to walk on rocks or what have you. Remove the shoe (zerg) and it forces you to adapt and overcome that pain (mitigating in 1vx)

Constantly making myself fight outnumbered since I started playing March 2016 has overtime allowed me to improve my reaction time, awareness, and get a comfortable grasp of my class to the point where I can mitigate vs the x long enough to get away or start killing them off one by one.

IMO dueling and small scaling benefit each other. You learn to mitigate damage and increase your awareness of targets buffs/debuffs/weak points when you small scale or 1vx and then dueling forces you to time your burst incredibly close to each skill going off. Making it easier to prioritize and knock people out later when you 1vx

I am running
    5x shackle breaker
    5x amberplasm
    1x vma sharp inferno
    Witchmothers
    Shadow mundus

1800 mag gen
    1200 Stam gen
    3.1-3.3 spell damage
    35% crit

33 and 31k max mag
    7.3k hard ward

OP

I've been running almost this exact set up since the patch dropped.

Even he said that MagSorc survivability is pretty sketch in BGs but I'll consider it another challenge to adapt to, plus I consider myself really good with my MagSorc - but obviously not top tier. With good teamwork there isn't a problem - I just enjoy those 1vX situations in CP so I wanted to take that aggressive style into BGs - gotta adapt to the slower play and adjust my classes to it. Playing with randoms tho - probably tilted me into making this to be honest.

Might even consider Blobs proctard build.

Right now it's just too much fun with my NB. CP though - MagSorc all the way.
    Edited by grim_tactics on June 16, 2017 7:26PM
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A will to live
    And tons of practice.

Blocking key attacks
    Los
    Resto ult
    Full impen

I am running
    5x shackle breaker
    5x amberplasm
    1x vma sharp inferno
    Witchmothers
    Shadow mundus

1800 mag gen
    1200 Stam gen
    3.1-3.3 spell damage
    35% crit

33 and 31k max mag
    7.3k hard ward

How are you hitting that spell damage with that regen?

I run almost the idtentical build and if I'm at that regen - max spell damage is 2800 buffed. Where are you getting the other 300?

Or is your regen you listed also with buffs?

Witchmothers? Altmer. These stats are for no cp.
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Strange my sorc has a 11k hard Ward and a 8k Lightarmor shield.

Im not the best Pvpler but i feel quite op in BGs. 1v1 its almost broken.

With my main Magplar im still searching 4 a viable build....
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pkb16_ESO2 wrote: »
    Strange my sorc has a 11k hard Ward and a 8k Lightarmor shield.

Im not the best Pvpler but i feel quite op in BGs. 1v1 its almost broken.

With my main Magplar im still searching 4 a viable build....

@pkb16_ESO2 I run

Kags
    Valkyn
    Transmutation Jewellery (One with recov, 2x SD)
    2 WP swords and an MSA ice staff BB (I run Clench)

I'm enjoying BGs on it, really strong.

It's probably better to run Amberplasm swords and jewellery instead but I don't have the swords
    Lots of builds are viable and just playing around you'll see it's still really strong - I don't think NB's are uncontrollable now, it's literally still the same old issue with Viper + Selene/MS + Incap combo or even without Incap, especially with the power sigil (Why is that even there??) If they fix these proc sets then it'll be pretty balanced I think.

Poisons are so strong as well, you go from 100% to 10% magicka in about 4 heals.
    First off - I got Flawless Conquerer before I hit CP400. VMA is an RNG cheese fest where you die or lose points because of RNG, not skill, and your rewards are terrible for the time. Some people put in 500+ runs without getting the weapon they needed. So, no, VMA was a trash dungeon farm. I've only ever broken a controller once in my life - and it was because of VMA.

Second - yes, I'm not ashamed to admit it's also a L2P issue for me in BGs. I spent all of May in NonCP getting ready for BGs, but I also didn't realize our tank in the group was going to ditch his DK for a Sorc. Now, unless it's the weekend, my group has been running 3 DPS and 1 Healer. So maybe that's the issue is we are just easy targets.

This is old but LOL you lose points and die because of skill. The only RNG that matters is the spawns of a very few select adds which affects the top 3 players on the leaderboard who are pushing for 700 more score, not you who's just trying to get on the leaderboard.

Your group is 3 dps and 1 healer? Why are you not absolutely nuking everyone in sight? Maybe your group just isn't strong enough against other groups, probably bad RNG, nothing to do with skill. Any decent groups in there are just going to leave your tank until the last target anyway.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

Kags
    Valkyn
    Transmutation Jewellery (One with recov, 2x SD)
    2 WP swords and an MSA ice staff BB (I run Clench)

I'm enjoying BGs on it, really strong.

It's probably better to run Amberplasm swords and jewellery instead but I don't have the swords
    Lots of builds are viable and just playing around you'll see it's still really strong - I don't think NB's are uncontrollable now, it's literally still the same old issue with Viper + Selene/MS + Incap combo or even without Incap, especially with the power sigil (Why is that even there??) If they fix these proc sets then it'll be pretty balanced I think.

Poisons are so strong as well, you go from 100% to 10% magicka in about 4 heals.

Tries something similar. With shield board Tranz backbar
    Without S/B i feel much too squishy.
    Its ok but really not that great.
    Piratskelleton is a good option too.

But alI i all think sorc is in a much better spot.
    With that setup u posted i doubt u could win a duell against my sorc.

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pkb16_ESO2 wrote: »
    Tries something similar. With shield board Tranz backbar
    Without S/B i feel much too squishy.
    Its ok but really not that great.
    Piratskelleton is a good option too.

But alI i all think sorc is in a much better spot.
    With that setup u posted i doubt u could win a duell against my sorc.

I'm not questioning sorcs being in a better spot, but Templars are still viable.

Standing still(clench) in a bubble against a templar that can run around you isn't a good position for your sorc to be in.

I can't play my Templar with S&B or sets like PirateSkeleton it feels too weak and is a playstyle I wouldn't entertain, so boring.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll post detected.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Troll post detected.

Takes one to know one B)
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno what the problem is tbh. I've mained on Sorc forever. I have and play every class but always come back to my sorc. And I mean I can straight tank people in BG on my sorc. Shields are still mondo strong in BG's. Honestly it's just different in non cp everyone is weaker but proc sets are just as strong they are not further diminished in noCP. Viper does sting a little won't lie. And today when my ward was down I for the first time got 1 shotted by a stamSorc using shield rush that's it. Viper,Selene,shield charge,enchant,red mountain fell over instantly. It was hilarious.

Proc sets do need to be toned down, but that is a statistically rare occurrence of them all popping on me tbh.

But I digress. MagSorc is still great shields are still great. May in general is still great. My magDK pal and I went on a wrecking spree all day today. Just get used to it and adjust your build if needed...