Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hello, Ignious Shield sucks on PTS

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it needs a change, a change that makes sense!
    Sheey wrote: »
    The changes create counter-play. Something ESO has been lacking lately.

Although the bug where if an ally uses igneous shield and you loose major mending from your igneous shield needs to be fixed. ZOS has mentioned they are working on it but it wont be fixed until later after Morrowwind release.

Wait you actually want to make me wise, a 3-4k shield needs a counter play? Major Mending is strong, but taking it away just because they couldn't find any solution makes no sense at all.

Don't let me guess what we need to nerf next on a dk, maybee buring embers? the only viable heal we have?

The shield is not what needs the counterplay. Its the mending provided. Before the change, mending was granted for a duration. Nothing you could do to prevent it. Now you can break the shield to stop the dk from healing as much.

Kinda like nightblade cloak. Nb cloak helps heals with crit. Stop a nb from cloaking and you effectively nerf a stamina nb's crit heals. Just an example.

A dk is a dk. A nb is a nb. A dk stands its ground, a nb not.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Thats not the point i was making. I was just making a connection betweem two abilities that benifit healing and when taken away harm the player.

Magıc wrote: »

Although the bug where if an ally uses igneous shield and you loose major mending from your igneous shield needs to be fixed. ZOS has mentioned they are working on it but it wont be fixed until later after Morrowwind release.

e: As @Subversus said (and for once we actually agree on something), light attacking breaks igneous. If that is counterplay in your eyes I'm not sure what to say tbh.

I was talking about countering the mending. Something Dks didnt not have to worry about preserving until now. Dks can still dodge roll or use harness to make sure igneous is up for rally or healing ward.

We are not all magicka ... a ton of us are stam why does everyone talk magicka when talking DK
    Edited by Durham on May 21, 2017 7:49PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait you actually want to make me wise, a 3-4k shield needs a counter play? Major Mending is strong, but taking it away just because they couldn't find any solution makes no sense at all.

Don't let me guess what we need to nerf next on a dk, maybee buring embers? the only viable heal we have?

The shield is not what needs the counterplay. Its the mending provided. Before the change, mending was granted for a duration. Nothing you could do to prevent it. Now you can break the shield to stop the dk from healing as much.

Kinda like nightblade cloak. Nb cloak helps heals with crit. Stop a nb from cloaking and you effectively nerf a stamina nb's crit heals. Just an example.

A dk is a dk. A nb is a nb. A dk stands its ground, a nb not.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Thats not the point i was making. I was just making a connection betweem two abilities that benifit healing and when taken away harm the player.

Magıc wrote: »

e: As @Subversus said (and for once we actually agree on something), light attacking breaks igneous. If that is counterplay in your eyes I'm not sure what to say tbh.

I was talking about countering the mending. Something Dks didnt not have to worry about preserving until now. Dks can still dodge roll or use harness to make sure igneous is up for rally or healing ward.

So in a meta where regen is desperately needed you want us to use multiple dodge rolls only to get our heals through ?

Sorry that's not counterplay , counterplay is not damaging someone to make them lose a shield.. that's an ability broken and not worth slotting.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make it grant major mending for 2 seconds at minimum. This way you can at least pull off a burst heal.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is and always has been a counter to major mending called major defile. It's even got a CP star to buff it, and that CP star is getting buffed at the same time DK's and Templars are losing access to major mending. Where is the counter play to having major defile placed on someone now? Templars can cleanse and hope it's one of the effects to get removed at least but DK's are totally screwed if you debuff their healing now.

Edited by itscompton on May 22, 2017 1:13AM
  • Benn G x
    Benn G x
    ✭✭✭
    What if you use harness and stack it over igneous so you don't lose the mending? It's not ideal by any means cause I prefer not to use harness on my DK, also StamDKs are still screwed
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It honestly makes no sense why they're pretty well removing Major Mending from DK when they turn around and then give easier access to it on Warden and StamSorc may not have Major Mending but they get huge heals from Dark Deal which wasn't nerfed at all in Morrowind beyond a very minor cast time increase.

ZoS you obviously have not testing any of these changes on a StamDK and are basing everything you've changed off of being a high health tank in PvE because these nerfs have seriously crippled StamDK's ability to play offensively in PvP.
    Edited by Twohothardware on May 22, 2017 2:26AM
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @GreenSoup2HoT
    Ok so it creates counter-play... how so? The shield scales off of your health like seriously.. In PvP that is already dropped by 50% thanks to Battle Spirit. You apply a DoT and igneous shield is gone, it costs 4k without reduction or light armor passives. Major mending on DK had already received a duration nerf + a shield nerf and with this nerf you call this 'counter-play' lol..
    Also comparing a innate support class to a damage dealing class is in no shape correct, you could only compare a DK to a Templar because we're both innate support classes.

The changes to igneous shield need to be removed as it was fine prior to this garbage, it further bottle necks all DKs into the Heavy armor meta instead of giving a buff that allowed them to fight the incoming damage. Mag DK light armor is pretty much non-existent and stam DK medium is pretty much wiped this patch. Nothing was given in return for pretty much removing major mending from igneous shield especially since now if you play Stam DK you will receive even less stamina from helping hands this patch and that extends to battle roar lmao.

Edit: Never-mind I just read that you suggested Harness magicka + rally being a form of counter-play when it came to keeping igneous shield up. Why do people who do not play the class or at-least have some extensive knowledge of the class feel the need to chime in... smh.
    Edited by MaxwellC on May 22, 2017 2:34AM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It honestly makes no sense why they're pretty well removing Major Mending from DK when they turn around and then give easier access to it on Warden and StamSorc may not have Major Mending but they get huge heals from Dark Deal which wasn't nerfed at all in Morrowind beyond a very minor cast time increase.

ZoS you obviously have not testing any of these changes on a StamDK and are basing everything you've changed off of being a high health tank in PvE because these nerfs have seriously crippled StamDK's ability to play offensively in PvP.

Thing is, they have been testing. They even invited some very experienced players to a secret hideout to test some of these changes. You can see they did a very good job!
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It honestly makes no sense why they're pretty well removing Major Mending from DK

Oh that makes perfect sense, depending on your goal of course. Giving the only class reliable major mending you have to pay for is perfect from a sales perspective. Of course you can't give a *** for balance then. Gj Zos.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Thing is, they have been testing. They even invited some very experienced players to a secret hideout to test some of these changes. You can see they did a very good job!

They paid no attention to those players they invited which is why Deltia who was one of them said he was pretty much done with ESO now.
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should change Ig Shield to give Major Mending for 3 secs guaranteed, then if the shield is still up continue up to the 6 secs.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. scipionumatia
      scipionumatia
      ✭✭✭✭
      Igneous shields should have a morph where it only applies to the caster and is scaled off max stam/mag.
      Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
      Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
      Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
      Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
      Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
      Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
      Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
      Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
      Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
      Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
      Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
      Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
    2. Sugaroverdose
      Sugaroverdose
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Igneous shields should have a morph where it only applies to the caster and is scaled off max stam/mag.
      "The day when sorcs cry hard"
    3. Zophix
      Zophix
      ✭✭✭
      I hope the people trying to justify this broken ability realize how dumb they sound. The ability works in PvE but the reduction in PvP renders it useless, on top of the fact another DK can break it off you.

I can still pull off a major mending heal but honestly its a shield ability and I feel like I should be using it as a shield and not as a major mending buff. If this ability gave just a little bit more of a shield I might actually use it more in PvP as a shield and not a healing buff. The original major mending buff it applied made sense because the shield lacked in PvP but still acted as a defensive ability boosting healing.

As a DK I would like to have to make more choices on which abilities to use on my PvP setup. Here's a few ways I thought this abilities morphs could change. All values are not effected by battle spirit and would be halfed for pvp, except cost.

Igneous Shield:
      Applies Major Mending to your next healing ability.

Igneous Shield:
      Increased Cost and shielded amount now scales off max magicka.
      (4k Magicka Cost, Shields between 4-6k, does not apply Major Mending)

Fragmented Shield:
      Ability now scales off max stamina and applies physical damage when shield is broken or expires.
      (4k Cost, Shields between 6-8k, Damages between 1-2k) or (4k Cost, Shields between 2-4k, Damages between 6-8k)

Fragmented Shield:
      For the next 21 seconds summon fragmented shields. Every three seconds a fragmented shield is applied, each shield absorbs the next x amount of damage and deals x amount of damage if broken. Each fragmented shield can add to a previously existing shield, the last shield remains for 6 seconds. Once the last shield expires all accumulated shields shatter causing damage from each shield.
      (4k Cost, Shields between 2-3k per shield, Applies 1-2k damage per shield break)(Potential accumulated shielding of 18k and accumulated damage of 12k) (Shielded Amount is based upon max health, Damaging amount is based of highest magicka or stamina)

I'm not asking you to make these changes, I just hope I can give you some ideas on how you could change the ability to make it more useful and interesting while not being overpowered.
      Edited by Zophix on May 22, 2017 4:14PM
    4. Benn G x
      Benn G x
      ✭✭✭
      Dyride wrote: »
      I think they should change Ig Shield to give Major Mending for 3 secs guaranteed, then if the shield is still up continue up to the 6 secs.

If people read the patch notes this is now the case I believe, there under the official patch notes not the PTS patch notes and were posted 3 days ago.
      Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield morph): Decreased the duration of the Major Mending buff granted by this morph to 2.5 seconds from 6 seconds.
    5. Sheey
      Sheey
      ✭✭✭✭
      THANK YOU ZENIMAX TO LISTENING TO ME.

Thread can be closed/removed.
      Edited by Sheey on May 22, 2017 7:27PM
    6. wimhwimladimf
      wimhwimladimf
      ✭✭✭
      All shields are bad, not just this one.
    7. leepalmer95
      leepalmer95
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      All shields are bad, not just this one.

This comment is so far off.
      PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    8. Asgari
      Asgari
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Zophix wrote: »
      I hope the people trying to justify this broken ability realize how dumb they sound. The ability works in PvE but the reduction in PvP renders it useless, on top of the fact another DK can break it off you.

I can still pull off a major mending heal but honestly its a shield ability and I feel like I should be using it as a shield and not as a major mending buff. If this ability gave just a little bit more of a shield I might actually use it more in PvP as a shield and not a healing buff. The original major mending buff it applied made sense because the shield lacked in PvP but still acted as a defensive ability boosting healing.

As a DK I would like to have to make more choices on which abilities to use on my PvP setup. Here's a few ways I thought this abilities morphs could change. All values are not effected by battle spirit and would be halfed for pvp, except cost.

Igneous Shield:
      Applies Major Mending to your next healing ability.

Igneous Shield:
      Increased Cost and shielded amount now scales off max magicka.
      (4k Magicka Cost, Shields between 4-6k, does not apply Major Mending)

Fragmented Shield:
      Ability now scales off max stamina and applies physical damage when shield is broken or expires.
      (4k Cost, Shields between 6-8k, Damages between 1-2k) or (4k Cost, Shields between 2-4k, Damages between 6-8k)

Fragmented Shield:
      For the next 21 seconds summon fragmented shields. Every three seconds a fragmented shield is applied, each shield absorbs the next x amount of damage and deals x amount of damage if broken. Each fragmented shield can add to a previously existing shield, the last shield remains for 6 seconds. Once the last shield expires all accumulated shields shatter causing damage from each shield.
      (4k Cost, Shields between 2-3k per shield, Applies 1-2k damage per shield break)(Potential accumulated shielding of 18k and accumulated damage of 12k) (Shielded Amount is based upon max health, Damaging amount is based of highest magicka or stamina)

I'm not asking you to make these changes, I just hope I can give you some ideas on how you could change the ability to make it more useful and interesting while not being overpowered.

No.
      Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
      Princess Asgari | Sorc
      Asgari | NB
      -Asgari | Stamplar
      Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
      Banner Down!
      No Mercy
      Youtube: Asgari
    9. aeowulf
      aeowulf
      ✭✭✭✭✭