The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hello, Ignious Shield sucks on PTS

Sheey
Sheey
✭✭✭✭
Ignious Shield sucks, I have 2 ppl on me, I cast the shield, it remains for 0,5 seconds, and its gone befor I even can press dragonblood and lost 4k magica by using this ability for giving me nothing.
Edited by Sheey on May 20, 2017 5:18PM

Hello, Ignious Shield sucks on PTS 131 votes

Yes it needs a change, a change that makes sense!
82%
kewldodgehopper_ESOYolokin_SwagonbornMojmirBowserKilandrosLightspeedflashb14_ESOssewallb14_ESOSvenjaVoryn_DagothThe_SpAwNSaturnNebthet78hollywoodAnath_QDyrideMagnusRexSavos_SarenNifty2gAllu07neb18_ESO 108 votes
No, Ignious Shield is fine (explain)
6%
olsborgKatinasSleepyTrollKnowledgeGreenSoup2HoTOompuhTheHsNTheStealthDude 8 votes
LoL
11%
GilvothCronopolysollSigma957aeowulfHymzirMinalanApheriusku5hKiritoUDJurand80Anti_VirusStackonClownWrubius_CoronariaMalic 15 votes
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It stinks pretty bad .
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoL
    Its not that bad, nothing to see here please disburse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNOrp_83RU
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    We're probably need to wait until next year christmas @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Sheey on May 20, 2017 5:39PM
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Igneous shield - an ability with the word "shield" in it that wasn't even used for the shield and still got nerfed.

Makes sense.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The changes create counter-play. Something ESO has been lacking lately.

Although the bug where if an ally uses igneous shield and you loose major mending from your igneous shield needs to be fixed. ZOS has mentioned they are working on it but it wont be fixed until later after Morrowwind release.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭

Although the bug where if an ally uses igneous shield and you loose major mending from your igneous shield needs to be fixed. ZOS has mentioned they are working on it but it wont be fixed until later after Morrowwind release.

Wait you actually want to make me wise, a 3-4k shield needs a counter play? Major Mending is strong, but taking it away just because they couldn't find any solution makes no sense at all.

Don't let me guess what we need to nerf next on a dk, maybee buring embers? the only viable heal we have?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So it's not fine until that is fixed . I don't know how people will avoid other DKs shields in Cyrodiil . That's a pretty big issue to deal with until a fix .
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if having igneous shield on you gives you major mending even if you didn't cast it? This could lead to interesting combo play since templars night blades and sorcs really have no way of obtaining this buff. This would reward group play which they seem to want to do (unless it is for sustaining the group, they hate that).
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sheey wrote: »

Wait you actually want to make me wise, a 3-4k shield needs a counter play? Major Mending is strong, but taking it away just because they couldn't find any solution makes no sense at all.

Don't let me guess what we need to nerf next on a dk, maybee buring embers? the only viable heal we have?

The shield is not what needs the counterplay. Its the mending provided. Before the change, mending was granted for a duration. Nothing you could do to prevent it. Now you can break the shield to stop the dk from healing as much.

Kinda like nightblade cloak. Nb cloak helps heals with crit. Stop a nb from cloaking and you effectively nerf a stamina nb's crit heals. Just an example.
    PS4 NA DC
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So it's not fine until that is fixed . I don't know how people will avoid other DKs shields in Cyrodiil . That's a pretty big issue to deal with until a fix .

Yeah its unfortunate that zos is leaving it until after release.

Im personally waiting for the interupt on dark deal to cost caster resources change to come in. Thats the only thing left that sticks out in my opinion when it comes to pvp class balance.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭

The shield is not what needs the counterplay. Its the mending provided. Before the change, mending was granted for a duration. Nothing you could do to prevent it. Now you can break the shield to stop the dk from healing as much.

Kinda like nightblade cloak. Nb cloak helps heals with crit. Stop a nb from cloaking and you effectively nerf a stamina nb's crit heals. Just an example.

A dk is a dk. A nb is a nb. A dk stands its ground, a nb not.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Counterplay implies that the said play would actually work unless countered. Shield from igneous is so small that even a light attack would destroy it. Because of this it doesn't even last for the remainder of the global cooldown, making it disappear before you could even use a follow up ability. Do you even play dk?
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Counterplay implies that the said play would actually work unless countered. Shield from igneous is so small that even a light attack would destroy it. Because of this it doesn't even last for the remainder of the global cooldown, making it disappear before you could even use a follow up ability. Do you even play dk?

Well you obviously need to stack more health to beef up your shield.
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

a2e2c23b6669a334364c83e892bdc9649deeec1aa530b29ce4b6f73f37539d0d.jpg

e: As @Subversus said (and for once we actually agree on something), light attacking breaks igneous. If that is counterplay in your eyes I'm not sure what to say tbh.
    Edited by Magıc on May 20, 2017 11:02PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Igneous shield - an ability with the word "shield" in it that wasn't even used for the shield and still got nerfed.

Makes sense.

Oh yeah that makes sense indeed now that you say it :P
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stack more health in the upcoming light/medium meta. Which would lead to a light attack + ability breaking the shield. Again, with global cooldowns it's still not possible to use a heal after igneous unless you go a FULL health tank build.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Igneous did not need a nerf, or at least not this nerf. If they wanted to nerf it, switching it to minor mending would have been more appropriate and less buggy. As it is, Igneous' 2k shield in Cyrodiil is now useless while you are in combat because you always have a DOT of some kind on you.

However, Coagulating Dragon Blood is a very viable heal since the last update. It doesn't reach the insane numbers the skilled application of burning embers + high DPS can pop, but it's a reliable, on-demand burst heal. I've got plenty of DK complaints, but that's not one of them. They did right by us with the DB buff.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Thats not the point i was making. I was just making a connection betweem two abilities that benifit healing and when taken away harm the player.

Magıc wrote: »

e: As @Subversus said (and for once we actually agree on something), light attacking breaks igneous. If that is counterplay in your eyes I'm not sure what to say tbh.

I was talking about countering the mending. Something Dks didnt not have to worry about preserving until now. Stamina Dks can still use dodgeroll + los to heal with Rally, magicka can stack harness to ensure healing ward value.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on May 22, 2017 4:13AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stack more health in the upcoming light/medium meta. Which would lead to a light attack + ability breaking the shield. Again, with global cooldowns it's still not possible to use a heal after igneous unless you go a FULL health tank build.

No time for Rally?
    PS4 NA DC
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ignious Shield sucks, I have 2 ppl on me, I cast the shield, it remains for 0,5 seconds, and its gone befor I even can press dragonblood and lost 4k magica by using this ability for giving me nothing.

I agree.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Thats not the point i was making. I was just making a connection betweem two abilities that benifit healing and when taken away harm the player.

I was talking about countering the mending. Something Dks didnt not have to worry about preserving until now. Dks can still dodge roll or use harness to make sure igneous is up for rally or healing ward.

Do you even think before you post? You obviously don't play dk, stop arguing for a nerf just because you get *** on by dks 1v1.

"Use harness to make sure igneous is up for rally" mate you're embarrassing yourself.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was talking about countering the mending. Something Dks didnt not have to worry about preserving until now. Dks can still dodge roll or use harness to make sure igneous is up for rally or healing ward.

Do you even think before you post? You obviously don't play dk, stop arguing for a nerf just because you get *** on by dks 1v1.

"Use harness to make sure igneous is up for rally" mate you're embarrassing yourself.

I said "Dks can still dodge roll or use harness to make sure igneous is up for rally or healing ward."

Assuming you would understand i ment using harness/igneous>healingward (magicka)or igenous>dodgeroll>rally (stamina) but sure jump to thinking a stamina player would be using harness... logical.

In all honestly the nerf was a little to rough, probably just needed a mending duration decrease but im not in control of balancing this game.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on May 21, 2017 2:24AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    zos are experts at making mandatory skills useless lol
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I'm done posting on this thread when I saw him suggest using harness lmfao
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I'm done posting on this thread when I saw him suggest using harness lmfao

we are on the forum, most ppl here running around with 300 men they don't care if one ability is broken.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those asking about igneous Sheild, it's something we're aware of and working on, but likely won't have a solution in place in time for launch.

• Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its one of most illogical and poorly thought out change in many PTS cycles.

ZOS might as well remove the major mending alltogether because Igneous Shield in majority of combat scenarios gets removed during its own GCD, before you even cast a heal.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give DKs Bolt Escape. No? Then *** keep Igneous Shield as it is on live.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree, they need to change this a little bit.
    Not only does it need to last longer by about 1 second, but they need to make it so that it doesn't go away if another DK uses the same skill, they should just make it so that two other people whom are closest to the player character get the benefit of the shield and leave it like that.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ig sheilds,, I rarely see others around me, cast in Cyrodiil. .
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.