The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Buff heavy armor with Wrath to have crit as well.

• GreatGildersleeve
    GreatGildersleeve
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think someone in ZoS HQ was watching a movie somewhere and thought 'hey. A berserker would be cool in game'. Problem is, Wrath does very little (in my experience tanking.) It was a mistake and should never have been put in there. I'd be fine removing it entirely. Tanks don't deal enough damage anyway...
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kay1 wrote: »
    Heavy is perfect in the PTS

I think it was over nerfed like so much other stuff....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

Yea and people in pvp will still hit each other like wet noodles. Even when using recovery and increase stat of the new food or drinks. Having burst in heavy armor can't be that bad. Helps pve players do a DPS build with them and also can manage to burst a player down if that one player is hitting him with a DoT. Or a wet noodle damage on the target.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
    Options
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    I say no to this. Simply because I see nightmarish pug groups using heavy armor for dps. We already have *** doing this don't make it worse.

Would u want end game pve be simple skills and rotations with copy paste builds? In pvp u can run mostly any set up.

No you are right. We should make heavy armor the only setup for both end game PVE and PVP. Cause that makes much more sense.

Contrary to what you may think alot of people that seem to copy builds don't. I come up with some near identical builds without looking it up. Also last time I checked heavy dominated pvp. So that would just make matters worse there.
    Options
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭

Yea and people in pvp will still hit each other like wet noodles. Even when using recovery and increase stat of the new food or drinks. Having burst in heavy armor can't be that bad. Helps pve players do a DPS build with them and also can manage to burst a player down if that one player is hitting him with a DoT. Or a wet noodle damage on the target.

I don't think you have any concept that having burst in heavy armor IS the problem. If you want to burst DPS then use armor focused on that. STOP trying to get HA to the point it has everything.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Somebody wants his cake and eat it too. Heavy = tanky option != DPS.

You can tank in medium armor if u wish. But u will be off tanking most likely.

WUT!!!
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »
    Heavy armour should just be deleted from the game lol
    @Magıc
    That's not lore-friendly.
    Edited by Sneaky-Snurr on May 12, 2017 4:22PM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

WUT!!!

Look at some of the set bonuses for medium and tell me you can tank with it?
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MehrunesFlagon If you do make different builds then why not make a heavy armor DPS build? If you can't make that then there is an issue for diversity in this game.
    Edited by sneakymitchell on May 15, 2017 11:18PM
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

WUT!!!

No.

Those bonus are good for weapon and jewelry

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭

Hmm i didnt know my legion, trollking, fury/ravager stamblade hits like wet noodle(18k will crits)(11k suprise attack tooltip with bleed stacks)- it actually hits harder than medium nbs on the live servers(i mainly play medium just tested that setup), bc their is no medium armor set giving near the bonuses of ravager/fury or legion. Ontop of that u didnt need near as much stam reg on heavy on the live servers- rolldodge is damn expensive. So i rly hope that the heavy nerf makes heavy more like its intended: Tankier but not the same or more dmg. But when the OP wrote crit doesnt matter in PvP I knew he is pretty sure a PvE hero that didnt play cyro or duels alot ;).
    Options
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    @BohnT u forget that u can midigate crit with crit restiance. Probably if u go all crit on ur medium armor or light armor build like almost 100 restiant in the cp and enough for the rest u would probably feel like it in heavy but even though u don't have high resistance but u can midigate couple burst.

No there is around 8k resistance difference between MA and HA. HA is way too good in its current state and that is wrong so wrong.
    Why would i waste 100cp to only lower ~30% of all incoming damage abilities if i can lower the damage of all abilities at the same time?

Additionally MA gets ~2400 crit rating with 7 pieces medium armor equipped why should heavy armor get almost the same value along with the other strong passives?

HA is fine and doesn't need any buffs. Ma and LA really do on the other side
    *Source needed*
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭

WUT!!!

No.

How about set ups that make you substain? Like witch mother set that gives you health and stam when using an ultimate? Combined that with werewolf hide and bam you can a tanky set up rolling. And also look up ward of croydiil for medium but it mostly used for pvp. And also you can still combine some heavy like a 2 piece and jewelry. So many ways to tank in medium armor but some players are blind at these sets. And zenimax just throws it in cause it's like whatever.
    Options
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about remove this wretched Wraith alltogether so the "nerf HA" PVPers threads will stop and PVE tanks will stop suffering from PVP nerfs with each patch?
    I'm PvP'er and i want old HA back, what's wrong with me?:(

You are the shining ray of hope in the dark age of PVP
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is this thread still on the front page?
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MaximusDargus True that. Why not let everyone wear heavy and let alone that next patch resource management will change. (In which it's whatever's) If players continue to just wear heavy its like players just hitting wet noddles with each other even if the battle was a long fight.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

WUT!!!

No.

How about set ups that make you substain? Like witch mother set that gives you health and stam when using an ultimate? Combined that with werewolf hide and bam you can a tanky set up rolling. And also look up ward of croydiil for medium but it mostly used for pvp. And also you can still combine some heavy like a 2 piece and jewelry. So many ways to tank in medium armor but some players are blind at these sets. And zenimax just throws it in cause it's like whatever.

Please, leave HA as it is now, it doesn't need any buff that later becomes an overnerf, because that's how thinks work with ZoS: a buff and a overnerf

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MaximusDargus True that. Why not let everyone wear heavy and let alone that next patch resource management will change. (In which it's whatever's) If players continue to just wear heavy its like players just hitting wet noddles with each other even if the battle was a long fight.

I wear heavy and I don't hit with wet noodles. Maybe you are the problem...

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummmmmm, No.
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Xvorg like the resource management and mostly the nerf is cause of the cp. If they would nerf the cp and not nerf all armor passives then the resource management would be fine. And now we got a slight buff in resource management with heavy attacks being 30% if I'm correct but a 15% nerf in damage.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Xvorg like the resource management and mostly the nerf is cause of the cp. If they would nerf the cp and not nerf all armor passives then the resource management would be fine. And now we got a slight buff in resource management with heavy attacks being 30% if I'm correct but a 15% nerf in damage.

You missed the part were light attacks were buffed...

If you want to play smart, get a mag/stam regen weapon glyph. If you want to play smarter, get Torug's 5 pieces or an infused weapon with a mag/stam regen weapon glyph

getting ~400 res per LA each 2.4 secs is a good start

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭

I wear heavy and I don't hit with wet noodles. Maybe you are the problem...

You probably don't play a DK with Dual wield sword and board? We keep on being in endless fights cause heavy armor can't have enough burst. At least major defile has got increase to 55% so that way you will be able to kill those in pvp. But also you sometimes get health recovery builds that have so much health recovery that you can't do anything to them. It's better when heavy armor gets crit for pve wise. I'm not asking for pure damage like another 200 then it would be too much in pvp and the pvp players will complain even more on the issue.
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭

You missed the part were light attacks were buffed...

If you want to play smart, get a mag/stam regen weapon glyph. If you want to play smarter, get Torug's 5 pieces or an infused weapon with a mag/stam regen weapon glyph

getting ~400 res per LA each 2.4 secs is a good start

I know that it gets 15% increase and also bow attack charge time is 10% quicker and fire/ice is 12.5%.
    Options
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MehrunesFlagon If you do make different builds then why not make a heavy armor DPS build? If you can't make that then their is an issue for diversity in this game.

If you look at alot of the sets. especially drop sets. Those that are heavy armor are pretty obviously suited for a tank, and not a dps.
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MehrunesFlagon If you do make different builds then why not make a heavy armor DPS build? If you can't make that then there is an issue for diversity in this game.

If you look at alot of the sets. especially drop sets. Those that are heavy armor are pretty obviously suited for a tank, and not a dps.

And if you look at some other sets like the trail set berserking warrior that came from "Trail set". In which the set has no health bonus except for the jewelry which comes in healthy. Medium armor has things like witch mothers set and werewolf hide set. You can make a combination with it to make a tank set up for medium armor.
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't feel damage is the way to go for heavy armor bonuses, but there needs to be a serious reduction in health bounce backs (the bane of slow go tanky builds) and there needs to be more utility. If bracing gave enemies minor defile for well timed bashed after blocking, or maybe something with increasing enemy CC cost, then it could find a more unique place in pvp. Adding more crit or more damage though leads us into the current state of PVP where everyone uses heavy armor.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    I don't feel damage is the way to go for heavy armor bonuses, but there needs to be a serious reduction in health bounce backs (the bane of slow go tanky builds) and there needs to be more utility. If bracing gave enemies minor defile for well timed bashed after blocking, or maybe something with increasing enemy CC cost, then it could find a more unique place in pvp. Adding more crit or more damage though leads us into the current state of PVP where everyone uses heavy armor.

Evergone use impenetrable in pvp. And probably stack crit restiance in the cp for pvp. So it won't matter if you just give them 1k crit to stack.
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »

Evergone use impenetrable in pvp. And probably stack crit restiance in the cp for pvp. So it won't matter if you just give them 1k crit to stack.

You can crit heals.

Heavy doesn't need more dmg and more healing..

Impen reduced crit dmg not crit chance.

Even with crit resist cap (which literally no one has) crits will still deal around 25-35% more damage than normal hits.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95 Don't forget you can defile the user. And the befoul is going to be 55% instead of 25%. And there are plenty of sets in pvp that reduces healing a lot.

So you say that Crits hit more? Then mostly everyone goes for burst in pvp and the cp of ironclad will change so that way you can handle burst damage. Everyone complains about endless fights. Why not have more burst? It makes sense to do so to kill that annoying healer if they do or don't have heavy armor. Or maybe a medium or light armor just outburst you in a fight even with their burst heals as well?
    Options
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    You realize being HA doesn't mean you should be able to burst anyone down. It's a mechanic meant to survive and provide utility, not to kill. Lost of people already do way too much damage in HA - maybe you should ask them in game what their setup is or use an armor type meant for dps if you want to dps. I honestly think the whole resource bonus from HA should be moved to MA/LA and HA should only have damage mitigation and bonus to healing recieved.
    Edited by Hurika on May 17, 2017 9:08PM
    Options