The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is grinding infinite experience a bannable offense?

Alpheu5
Alpheu5
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Basically I'm wondering if continuing to use a method similar to the old Fungal Grotto crab grind would get me and my friends suspended/banned if we kept taking advantage of it. I know grinding in general is of no consequence, but this is a different beast and recently we've been talking amongst ourselves, thinking, "Hey, maybe we should ask ZoS if this is crossing the line before we make it a routine."

So, is this crossing the line with regards to obtaining experience, or are we free to continue the sessions with peace of mind? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by Alpheu5 on April 29, 2017 8:59PM
Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.

Best Answers

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think as long as you are actually doing all of the inputs yourself and nothing is automated by either a macro, bot or having your controler and keyboard/mouse "rubber banded" or tied down to do things while you are AFK. So as long as you are there and do it all manually it should be fine, unless you find something that is broken and considered an exploit. But really, exp isnt a big deal, its not like you can do anything with it after you hit CP cap.
    Answer ✓
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're using a bug to generate monsters which shouldn't be generating over and over then yes this would be an exploit and could land a ban.

If you're just resetting an instance over and over then no it's not an exploit and you would be fine.

If you're not sure about it you could always send Gina or Jessica a mail and see if they can give you an answer, this would also help them learn if such a bug exists.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • jo_hanes
    jo_hanes
    Running content will not get you or your friends banned providing that you are not botting using a cheat engine or taking advantage of an exploit additionally should you come across something that you feel can be exploited and is outright broken submit a ticket detailing the issue at hand.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As your accepted my answer and it bought me back here I reread everything you said and will add this.

If you're concerned you're best contacting a member of ZOS either via PM or a ticket.
    Make sure you give all the information nd not a broad question like here (location, mobs, method of reset etc.) so they can find out of this is intended or not.

Better to be safe than sorry.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."