The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crystal Frag Nerf Not Enough

• Orbital
    Orbital
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah sorcs have allways been good isn't it the Zennimax way to take somthing that works and destroy it beyond recognition and then ignore everyone complaining about it being bad

Woo
    Axphykz.
    Tank
    Proud Member Of Vitality
    Spotless Triumph
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    XB1 EU
    PC EU
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinkas wrote: »
    Ohh no! Sorc got nerfed for the first time :'( . GOOD. Nerf them more.

first tme?

yeah, that's cute.
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't understand nerfs..... for most of the player base vet trials can be too much as is, let alone HM or vMoL.

They talk about bringing the floor closer to the ceiling or vice versa, but the ceiling is so low already that even my scamp has to duck while walking through the house...

Quit nerfing, start buffing and separate PvP from PvE completely. Issue solved.
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    No one uses shields in trials that's a good way for you to be moved from the a team to the c team

I can't even...just no.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    You know that majority of the player base are not people from top of leaderboards, right?

So very much this.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Fine, Learn to Play

Adapt and Overcome

Stop Screaming for Nerfs
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is about pvp, battlegrounds specifically, addition of a new class, and, the overwhelming desire to make the game about what gear you are wearing...

trial capable type folks are simply collateral damage...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    Let me see if I've got this right.

Mag sorcs were trash in pvp after the shield nerf. You guys created a pet build meta (that no one wanted) by giving mag sorcs necro. Now that mag sorcs are OP you fix this by nerfing all sorcs. Even the ones that don't use necro rather than just nerfing The necro set that cause the problems in the first place

Did I get that right?

Shields were never nerfed. Only bad players who forgot how to shield every two to four seconds like a good sorc should where nerfed.

Exactly. When someone is competent, shields are still insanely broken.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Is this a Nerf Sorc or a Buff Stamina thread? I mean, this is a very subtle thread here after all, so it's kinda hard to see which it is...

Youd think the attitude would be to bring other classes in line with what they perceive the Sorcs to be doing.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf frags to 21% the same what you did with radiant and make shields unstackable, and nerf necropotence like you nerfed trainee set.
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be one of these best stamina players in the whole world!

My mom would be sooooo proud! And happy!
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1 - Remove PvE
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is downright hilarious. I see a massive amount of replies saying stop the nerfs and buff the other 3 classes to sorcs level. Take a minute and think, thats not going to happen... Zos has spent how much time/resources nerfing the other 3 classes? While mag sorcs remain untouched and have been clearly over performing since the 1 Tamriel patch. If you are DPSing any trial, or PVE content, if you are not running a mag sorc you are handicapping yourself. Its as simple as that. Zos wants nerfs, I want balance. I do not wanna see 6-8 mag sorcs needed for top tier competitive trial scores, with maybe a couple mag dks for chains. I would like to see relatively equal top DPS capabilities for all 5 classes, MAGICKA AND STAMINA... Is that going to happen? No, not with the current dev team we have. I can still make forum posts and *** about it though, and hope one day it might happen.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    Currently in PVE trials right now, mag sorcs are literally the best possible dps option. They are pulling 55k+ on single target trials bosses, with insanely strong cleave/aoe damage. FROM RANGE... WITH SHIELDS. If you think a 10% nerf to a single ability will bring them down very much, you are incorrect. The best stam players in the world struggle to try and breach 50k single target, with horrible cleave and about 70% of the aoe that mag toons pull, IN MELEE WITHOUT SHIELDS. ZOS if you do not nerf sorcs more, along with magicka dps toons in general, stamina will continue to be non existent in competitive end game trials. A simple change in caltrops is not changing enough.

This is downright hilarious. I see a massive amount of replies saying stop the nerfs and buff the other 3 classes to sorcs level. Take a minute and think, thats not going to happen... Zos has spent how much time/resources nerfing the other 3 classes? While mag sorcs remain untouched and have been clearly over performing since the 1 Tamriel patch. If you are DPSing any trial, or PVE content, if you are not running a mag sorc you are handicapping yourself. Its as simple as that. Zos wants nerfs, I want balance. I do not wanna see 6-8 mag sorcs needed for top tier competitive trial scores, with maybe a couple mag dks for chains. I would like to see relatively equal top DPS capabilities for all 5 classes, MAGICKA AND STAMINA... Is that going to happen? No, not with the current dev team we have. I can still make forum posts and QQ about it though, and hope one day it might happen.

Actually that nerf doesnt matter since we will all be heavy attacking anyways ;)
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one uses shields in trials that's a good way for you to be moved from the a team to the c team. But I do use harness magic on my Templar

You sir win the troll of the year award:)
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just give them time. Eventually, all skills will be homogonized to the point that they're useless. Heavy attacks FTW!

XBox NA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one uses shields in trials that's a good way for you to be moved from the a team to the c team. But I do use harness magic on my Templar

@DHale

So nobody uses shields in trials but you do use a shield?

Regardless of how that sounds, the top raid teams have their DPS use shields. They would be removed to the C team if they did not use shields. Look at the top scores for vMoL, those DPS used shields. I guarantee.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@DHale

Regardless of how that sounds, the top raid teams have their DPS use shields. They would be removed to the C team if they did not use shields. Look at the top scores for vMoL, those DPS used shields. I guarantee.

That dude is clearly off his rocker, and completely unknowledgeable about competitive PVE. Which is why I did not bother giving a response.
  • GhostyBrycicle
    GhostyBrycicle
    Soul Shriven

I guess Yolo Wizard got moved to C team in Hodor
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess Yolo Wizard got moved to C team in Hodor

We all know @YoloWizard has always been on the C team.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@DHale

Seriously, shields are pretty much essential for any endgame PvE content. It's one of the major reasons magika is always preferred to stamina in trials, it's a lot safer. Anyone who thinks shields aren't used in trials has never done trials lol.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't wait til the patch goes live and all these pro-nerfers cry about how they're running out of resources in trials and vet pledges and then complain about that too like threads like this didn't happen.
    love is love
  • Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    Currently in PVE trials right now, mag sorcs are literally the best possible dps option. They are pulling 55k+ on single target trials bosses, with insanely strong cleave/aoe damage. FROM RANGE... WITH SHIELDS. If you think a 10% nerf to a single ability will bring them down very much, you are incorrect. The best stam players in the world struggle to try and breach 50k single target, with horrible cleave and about 70% of the aoe that mag toons pull, IN MELEE WITHOUT SHIELDS. ZOS if you do not nerf sorcs more, along with magicka dps toons in general, stamina will continue to be non existent in competitive end game trials. A simple change in caltrops is not changing enough.

This is downright hilarious. I see a massive amount of replies saying stop the nerfs and buff the other 3 classes to sorcs level. Take a minute and think, thats not going to happen... Zos has spent how much time/resources nerfing the other 3 classes? While mag sorcs remain untouched and have been clearly over performing since the 1 Tamriel patch. If you are DPSing any trial, or PVE content, if you are not running a mag sorc you are handicapping yourself. Its as simple as that. Zos wants nerfs, I want balance. I do not wanna see 6-8 mag sorcs needed for top tier competitive trial scores, with maybe a couple mag dks for chains. I would like to see relatively equal top DPS capabilities for all 5 classes, MAGICKA AND STAMINA... Is that going to happen? No, not with the current dev team we have. I can still make forum posts and QQ about it though, and hope one day it might happen.

I do not agree with instituting nerfs based on how the top 5% - 10% of the player base is capable of performing. Doing so is a poor decision. If we use this logic on our nation, we should cut minimum wage across the nation by 50% because we have too many millionaires.
    (50) Quigster Bosmer Stamplar
    (50) Lorithar Lightcrest Altmer Mag Sorc
    (50) Tanius Magnitus Argonian Magplar
    (50) Kalethar Redguard Stamplar
    (50) Ra'Jo Darkstrike Khajiit Stamblade
    (50) Gen Maximus Imperial Stam DK
    (50) Jakon Fenrif Redguar Stam Sorc
    (50) Revus Meredor Dunmer Mag DK
    (50) Gorath the Silent Orc Stamblade
    (31) Bjorn Ironhand Nord Stamplar
    (28) Lord Devin Woodhearth Breton Magblade
    Altaholic, CP 600+
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    you nerf sorcs.you bring your entire group down.

Yeah and thats why they need a nerf
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭

Um what? No, everyone uses shields in trials because the damage is so absurd sometimes. The only time, really, anyone is allowed to take a shield off would be if we're burning HM Rakkhat on Pad 5 (RIP) and even then that's risky.

On the subject of this thread: I don't think asking for more nerfs is the way to go about anything. We have all seen what nerfs do: they're destructive. Perhaps buffing other things to become more on par would be the correct route.

I'd just like to point out the irony of a post simultaneously extolling the virtues of a no-nerf meta and buffs for everyone, while also talking about burning HM Rakkhat on Pad 5.

Perhaps at least one of the reasons ZOS got it in their heads to take the nerf bat to their entire combat system was the endless streams of mechanic skipping runs by BiS players min-maxing content to the point of triviality.

Granted we're talking the 1% of the 1% here... but still.... I think your license to lament nerfs is revoked when your group melts the endgame of the endgame in less time than it takes to brew an espresso.

;) it's all <3 tho.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im interesred, can i see the comparison of homestead and the pts that you did?

Thanks!
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    Sinkas wrote: »
    Ohh no! Sorc got nerfed for the first time :'( . GOOD. Nerf them more.

For the first time? Lol. EVERY class has been nerfed multiple times, where have you been?

Instead of asking for nerfs why can't you cry babies ask for buffs instead? Apparently people like you want every class to go around tickling everything. Go play some kiddy game for that. This nerf will do almost nothing in terms of dps in trials which is what op seems to be concerned about.

People will continue to cry about other classes until the only viable class left is the warden.

When will people learn that when you ask for 1 class to be nerfed it usually ends up with ALL classes being nerfed. Get a clue. When you ask for 1 class to be nerfed you end up causing the same for all of them!

I want a tickle emote
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭

Lol what? Unless you have done trials so much that you can run through it unscathed you are so wrong. No shields=no dps to around 95% of people. If you are a glass cannon dps with no shield, you would be kicked out of my trial group for sure. Not gonna waste soul gems on your ass while you complain about why I can't heal you through a 20k attack...
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't HAVE to nerf sorcs

They need to BUFF other classes and specs for doing Damage
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    STOP THE NERFS BUFF STAM DPS CLASSES!