The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crystal Frag Nerf Not Enough

• smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget it - that's the last straw. I'm deleting the mag sorc main I've played for the last three years and quitting ESO. And no, you can't have my stuff as I'm giving it to Molag Bal so he can come wreck you all!!!! :s
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ask for nerf Sorc but all Wrobel hears is nerf Templar and buff Warden . Then you say , it's not enough ! an he nerfs Magblade . Just stop !
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well it's kinda hard to pick specific abilities to nerf damage wise, I mean, we have no spammable ability? And any nerf to something we would spam wouldn't be a nerf to sorc then? Like seriously what do YOU recommend? What needs nerfed? Hm? Offer some feedback, offer an idea instead of standing on a hill and screaming "not enough!"
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres hopefully other nerfs coming (coughs dark deal cough) but we'll see.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1o3i1t.jpg
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sinkas wrote: »
    Ohh no! Sorc got nerfed for the first time :'( . GOOD. Nerf them more.

This isn't the first time. Hardened Ward has gotten nerfed before, streak got nerfed before, they even added an unadvertised silence to weapon based charge abilities to counter the crying people did about streak, years ago.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    At this point its useless asking for buffs to other classes. The purpose was to bring things down across the board in order to rid the game of cheese builds. You cant magically buff everything again and not undo that?

Which makes more sense, buff 3 to fix 1 or nerf 1 to fix 3? Just saying i dont think its gonna happen

I just think people are going about this all wrong, we need sorc experts to give feedback based on actual testing in order to find where changes need to take place.

All in all, things needed to change, theres no question about that but there are some fundamental changes to classes happening and sorc was still even with the 10 percent reduction to one bonus, pretty much left alone.

Compare that to the damage reduction from stealth to a nightblade, siphoning strikes, and battle roar helping hands for a dk, and you still have a lot of desparity.

But won't proc set cheese be better off in Heavy Attack META? Just saying that free damage from a light or heavy attack and boom 3 proc set going off at once. They nerfed everything but the stuff that was the real problem. Lol oh well guess we will have to adapt once more.

Yes i agree get ready for procmania
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    At this point its useless asking for buffs to other classes. The purpose was to bring things down across the board in order to rid the game of cheese builds. You cant magically buff everything again and not undo that?

Which makes more sense, buff 3 to fix 1 or nerf 1 to fix 3? Just saying i dont think its gonna happen

I just think people are going about this all wrong, we need sorc experts to give feedback based on actual testing in order to find where changes need to take place.

All in all, things needed to change, theres no question about that but there are some fundamental changes to classes happening and sorc was still even with the 10 percent reduction to one bonus, pretty much left alone.

Compare that to the damage reduction from stealth to a nightblade, siphoning strikes, and battle roar helping hands for a dk, and you still have a lot of desparity.

But won't proc set cheese be better off in Heavy Attack META? Just saying that free damage from a light or heavy attack and boom 3 proc set going off at once. They nerfed everything but the stuff that was the real problem. Lol oh well guess we will have to adapt once more.

Yep, this guy get's it. Put him in charge instead of Wrobel

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    No one uses shields in trials that's a good way for you to be moved from the a team to the c team. But I do use harness magic on my Templar

Um what? No, everyone uses shields in trials because the damage is so absurd sometimes. The only time, really, anyone is allowed to take a shield off would be if we're burning HM Rakkhat on Pad 5 (RIP) and even then that's risky.

On the subject of this thread: I don't think asking for more nerfs is the way to go about anything. We have all seen what nerfs do: they're destructive. Perhaps buffing other things to become more on par would be the correct route.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really as long as heavy attack still works, nothing else matters.
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devs be like, yo dawg I heard u liek pets and heavy attackz B)
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should just make frags a spammable and get rid of that absurd cast time.
  • FuriousFridge
    FuriousFridge
    ✭✭✭

Haha foreal they just gotta take it like a man like every other class except the warden
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Here's a suggestion. Stop the nerfs, and asking for things to get nerfed. Pause for a moment. Think for a few moments. Then proceed with asking that things get buffed to match whatever class or skill is currently overperorming in your opinion. Just a suggestion, however.

This, so sick of this cancerous nerf mentality from the devs and players.
    Morrowind is an mega nerf in it self, crystal frag is a bit annoying in that I often catch it on proc, sorc spamable is not very strong after all, crystal frag makes up for part of it. Yes the DoT and AoE is very good
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the love of Akatosh, please STOP STOP STOP asking for more nerfs! It's insane. We need to bring things up to par with Sorcs, not just add them to the nerf pile. That does not solve anything. Stop asking for more nerfs.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »
    For the love of Akatosh, please STOP STOP STOP asking for more nerfs! It's insane. We need to bring things up to par with Sorcs, not just add them to the nerf pile. That does not solve anything. Stop asking for more nerfs.

im all for it and all on board with that, but we are talking to the wall.
    they have zero plans to do things our way.
    all they see is thier own ideas and $
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crystal frags is not what kills me.
    what kills me is that after i unload all i got into a sorc while he keeps spamming his shields and casting mass 10,000 lightning on me over and over and over and im not able to invis = im dead and it happens within a few seconds.
    i saw NO frags cast at me, none.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    No one uses shields in trials that's a good way for you to be moved from the a team to the c team. But I do use harness magic on my Templar

I'm a Drom'Athra Destroyer and (though it sounds cocky) a fantastic DPS amongst the best on my server.

I always slot a shield. Harness Magicka is great, but I slot Empowered Ward to buff my group when it's up. If no shield is slotted I use Boundless Storm for the good DPS+defense but only sometimes.

All (99.99999%) Magicka-based DPS should have a shield slotted. Period.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On ESO Live Wrobel and Rich hinted at nerfs coming to Sorcs. Many nerfs. Most likely 1-2 of which are rather large.

The Crystal Frag nerf was sort of a teaser....
    Edited by Vaoh on April 29, 2017 2:12AM
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    Currently in PVE trials right now, mag sorcs are literally the best possible dps option. They are pulling 55k+ on single target trials bosses, with insanely strong cleave/aoe damage. FROM RANGE... WITH SHIELDS. If you think a 10% nerf to a single ability will bring them down very much, you are incorrect. The best stam players in the world struggle to try and breach 50k single target, with horrible cleave and about 70% of the aoe that mag toons pull, IN MELEE WITHOUT SHIELDS. ZOS if you do not nerf sorcs more, along with magicka dps toons in general, stamina will continue to be non existent in competitive end game trials. A simple change in caltrops is not changing enough.

If you're the same shadzilla as in ESE, then we're in the same guild - but you're either disingenuous by error, or intentionally selling a load of hyperbole and exaggerated BS to get your biased point across.

Can some sorcs, the top echelon of players who would be good with any class, pull 55k in trials with meta trial buffs? Of course they can. But is it the norm, as if every john doe sorc and his brother are ez-mode pulling 55k? No way in hell.

You are implying at best, deliberately misleading at worst - that the general state of sorcs is most can and do pull anywhere close to 55k. Perhaps in the top tier trials you are in - sure. In most trials? With most players? Clue alert to your thick skull - there is a wide, broad bell curve in this game - and a huge chunk of the player base falls right in the middle.

Whether it be choice, play style, lack of gear, whatever - most sorcs get nowhere close to the exaggerated claim you use to sell more sorc nerfs.

Second - the majority of your excuse to nerf sorcs is mag dps oriented - all mag builds of all classes can use harness and hence shields, so being able to shield up at RANGE..WITH SHIELDS as you capped is near identical. Is hardened ward better? Yes. So much better that you can't claim all other mag classes can build around a ranged shield + dps bar setup? Nope.

You have legit gripes with where stam builds are at today *(unlike when stam had their time in the sun as favored build). But agreeing that stam clearly needs to be buffed is far different than petulantly like a child demanding others be brought down so they can join you in your misery rather than ask to have stam be brought up.

Gross exaggeration, misleading edge case as 'norm' statements and demanding mag nerfs instead of stam buffs is not going to help stam get better. Just have everyone in the same burning boat, with you holding the torch.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop being a loser and why keep asking for nerf?

Such posts are behind the nerf coming with Morrowind!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on April 29, 2017 5:09AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    On ESO Live Wrobel and Rich hinted at nerfs coming to Sorcs. Many nerfs. Most likely 1-2 of which are rather large.

i think i may have actually felt my heart sink a little reading that...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Shhh...

Call them balance adjustments. That's supposed to make them not feel like nerfs.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Orbital
    Orbital
    ✭✭✭
    Dantaria wrote: »
    ZOS if you do not nerf sorcs more, along with magicka dps toons in general, stamina will continue to be non existent in competitive end game trials. A simple change in caltrops is not changing enough.
    Hey. Stop right there, criminal scum :)

I'm like... totally with you when we talk about buff stamina. But nerfs? Enough. Enough of it for everyone.
    The best stam players in the world struggle to try and breach 50k single target, with horrible cleave and about 70% of the aoe that mag toons pull, IN MELEE WITHOUT SHIELDS.
    FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS :D I'm maining magsorc, it's my first character, very much beloved.

55k? 50k? I'd like to make it to 30k :D Granted, I'm close on 400CP, but will I hit... even 40k on 600CP? I already feel that nope.

Get down from your high vet HM MoL horse for a sec, ok? Get down on earth, to us, little mortals... you know... the majority of the playerbase :D

Sorcs are not magical "300CP Dro-Mathra Destroyer" button. For simple mortals it never was and hardly will be. Nerf class to the ground on the basis of super high-end endgame performance of 0.0001% playerbase? Yeah. Very reasonable.

Also. Which shields? Like... Harness Magicka? The one every magchar can use? Noone stacks Harness and Ward in PvE, the hell you need it for? And Ward is situational. Sorc has additional class-shield, yeah, ok. So what? Sometimes slightly more convenient then Harness. Still could use available-for-everyone-Harness.

I can agree when it comes to petsorcs. Volatile + Necropotence + Daedric Prey is insane, so tuning Volatile down a bit seems reasonable. But not nerfing whole class. We are not that OP in comparison with everything, when it comes to "casual-semi-hard-core" environment.

Leave us alone. Leave everyone, every class, alone.

Enough with this "nerf" madness. We need buffs, not nerfs.

Everything is already dire as it is.

jesus christ im literally cringing my face off
    ecks dee xDDD
    ffs
    Axphykz.
    Tank
    Proud Member Of Vitality
    Spotless Triumph
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    XB1 EU
    PC EU
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the first time? Lol. EVERY class has been nerfed multiple times, where have you been?

Instead of asking for nerfs why can't you cry babies ask for buffs instead? Apparently people like you want every class to go around tickling everything. Go play some kiddy game for that. This nerf will do almost nothing in terms of dps in trials which is what op seems to be concerned about.

People will continue to cry about other classes until the only viable class left is the warden.

When will people learn that when you ask for 1 class to be nerfed it usually ends up with ALL classes being nerfed. Get a clue. When you ask for 1 class to be nerfed you end up causing the same for all of them!
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they're nerfing Crystal frags? Lmao—yeah keep nerfing everything. Ruin the game, please—more nerfs, we need more nerfs. Nerf everything. I'm not saying the c-frag nerf ruins the game—but every nerf added together with the unknown nerfs we're getting with morrowind certainly add up. Keep nerfing I say, just keep nerfing.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me see if I've got this right.

Mag sorcs were trash in pvp after the shield nerf. You guys created a pet build meta (that no one wanted) by giving mag sorcs necro. Now that mag sorcs are OP you fix this by nerfing all sorcs. Even the ones that don't use necro rather than just nerfing The necro set that cause the problems in the first place

Did I get that right?
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Currently in PVE trials right now, mag sorcs are literally the best possible dps option. They are pulling 55k+ on single target trials bosses, with insanely strong cleave/aoe damage. FROM RANGE... WITH SHIELDS. If you think a 10% nerf to a single ability will bring them down very much, you are incorrect. The best stam players in the world struggle to try and breach 50k single target, with horrible cleave and about 70% of the aoe that mag toons pull, IN MELEE WITHOUT SHIELDS. ZOS if you do not nerf sorcs more, along with magicka dps toons in general, stamina will continue to be non existent in competitive end game trials. A simple change in caltrops is not changing enough.

You know that majority of the player base are not people from top of leaderboards, right?

If they knew any better they would go mag sorc. That is why when new players ask what is the best class i always tell them go mag sorc. The more mag sorcs the faster it will get nerfed.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes by all means lets nerf sorcs back to the Cretaceous period. Stam Sorcs have had the spotlight for a LONG time. Why not let magsorc shine for a bit?

Mag sorcs have always been good for a long time. Since the longest i can remember in thieves guild all those bomb mag sorcs with vicious death and magika detonation. And in trials they have always been good.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me see if I've got this right.

Mag sorcs were trash in pvp after the shield nerf. You guys created a pet build meta (that no one wanted) by giving mag sorcs necro. Now that mag sorcs are OP you fix this by nerfing all sorcs. Even the ones that don't use necro rather than just nerfing The necro set that cause the problems in the first place

Did I get that right?

Shields were never nerfed. Only bad players who forgot how to shield every two to four seconds like a good sorc should where nerfed.