The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zos, you have to lift this NDA..

Lord_MK
Lord_MK
✭✭✭
You can't expect people to like your changes if they can't even see what the game is like. It's just barbaric. I've played morrowind pts (before you took my access lol) and while i understand you don't want too many people in the test you can't put a barrier on this. These are very big changes, maybe the biggest you've ever made. I actually like a lot of these changes(a few changes I don't like but it's ok) but I more so did after I got to experience the game for myself.

Like you see people are pissed let everyone at least see the content. You can still keep the test small just make it to where streamers can stream this and I think a lot more people might be willing to give it a go. One part of eso that makes it special is when the new pts launches and everyone hopes on twitch to watch the streams.. There is nothing in this pts worth kept secret ZOS. If you're going to alter eso like this you have to let people slowly creep into it.

I would also like to mention that after testing all the new toons I would definitely say to at least semi revert the igneous change by making it to where the major mending lasts for 3 seconds instead of the six seconds it lasts now( I think it's six lol.) Reason being is there is really just no way to get any heals off rn with that move and it's useless unless you can los your opponents which is pretty much not even an option on the dk sometimes. I understand you're trying to tone down healing but I think that is pretty reasonable. Dk is a tank class, they deserve it.

Furthermore I can say that I also agree with templar frustration. I was watching some videos of some og Templar gameplay ( I didn't start this game until console release ) and it just looked like an entirely different class. With blinding flashes to cc capable jabs( this needs to return). Now I'm not saying return they're mending to normal but I think I have a solution that will make templars feel less obligated to play warden. Templars already have a passive that gives them healing when they get low health. Make it where this passive gives major mending as well and it lasts for 3 seconds like the warden does.

Also I think templars need their skill set buffed Zos. Their combos are weak asf to put it gently. All they have is purifying light. You need to give the cc back to jabs as it's already hard to aim them and your gap closer that cc's is already unreliable. Also I seriously think you should just take radiant out of the game and give it something else. It's either super op or irrelevant depending on the game so clearly it's a move that just can't be properly balanced.

But yup I warned you Zos. Just remove the NDA, it's bad for the game and it's making nothing better. You've never done this before so why do it now. At this rate you should've never even realized the patch notes to the public if you were just going to set up a dumb NDA. Why does it matter for people to see patch notes to content they can't even see.. ?? Am I right or wrong ?
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh super secret pixels. They are keeping it a secret like all other games. They spent alot of money on Morrowind so they don't want anyone finding out it sucks( If it does suck) too soon. Loss capital
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just have the NDA on the Morrowind Story / Trial and let everyone talk openly about Warden and Battlegrounds.

This keeps the hype train going as well as allowing informed debate and discussion happen.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lord_MK
    Lord_MK
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    They should just have the NDA on the Morrowind Story / Trial and let everyone talk openly about Warden and Battlegrounds.

This keeps the hype train going as well as allowing informed debate and discussion happen.
    They should. As of right now they're just losing pre order sales
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THe problem is that people are still not sharing the results on the open PTS forum after the partial NDA lift...

I do not want spoilers at all about Morrowind, but I really wanted to see tests for DPSs, healers, tanks... They are probably being done on the closed forum, because people started posting them there and continued doing it after the partial lift.

Gillian is the only one to actually show in videos the results of some of the changes.

And while I do not like at all the Templar gutting changes, I think the other ones may not be as bad.

I think a simple thing would be to ask people to post those non-NDA related tests on the open forum too... 2/3 of the player base, at least, do not have access to the PTS at all, Morrowind or base game. We rely on PC folks to see how those changes play out in the actual game.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see, listen, and read what's going down.

Plus, would love to know as much about battlegrounds before those that had access climb to the top of the leaderboards.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They wont just like they wont reverse direction.

Whoever makes these executive decisions is too pridefull to reverse them.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they did... People just can't post stuff from Main Quest, inside Vaaderfel, Battleground, the New Trials or playing Warden.

They can test Templars, DKs, NBs, Sorcs in old trials, base game overland, duels.

It is just that nobody is doing that. Not writing on the open PTS forum, nor posting videos. Just Gillian.

I hope we will get more info from the EU players when they get their characters copied on Monday, hopefully with some of the worst changes already reverted with PTS 3.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NDA, while inconvenient, is not the problem. This is a two edged blade. Releasing the NDA could serve to calm things down, or it could make things much worse. It depends on the "enthusiasm" of the people making the comment, and whether they are for, or against, the changes in Morrowind.

If there is a problem with Morrowind, it is going to be because ZOS failed to execute, and no amount of freely talking about the Chapter is going to fix that. Talking is not going to make it something it is not.

If there is no problem with Morrowind, then the NDA only postpones the glorious revelry that will come with it, when it is released. Freely talking about it might impact pre-orders, but will not impact the success of it. The naysayers will just have to find out they were wrong, when the times comes.

So, let them have their fun with the secret decoder rings, handshakes, and midnight meetings in deserted parking lots.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 28, 2017 5:06PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly i think that NDA on morrowind wasnt explained properly. People were told about this NDA then when logging into PTS they were scared with large and serious sounding legal-text with all these paragraphs and confusind words that supposedly explain what you are allowed to do and what you are not allowed to.

As a result i believe a large portion of playerbase is scared to post anything because they live in fear of breaking NDA and getting banned from game.

In my opinion there should be no blanket NDA on whole PTS content, instead a set of rules, a partial NDA that would include, just like OP said all storyline content and whatever else ZOS will find fit.

In addition to that there should be place where players will be allowed to ask question "Can i tell people X about Y" so they can officially verify wheter something they will post will be OK with NDA.

Honestly even I'm confused to the point that I'm too scared to post in public place How much a specific item sold by vendor included in base game patch will cost.

tl;dr; NDA came too soon and community wasnt prepared properly for it, sure it helps with reducing spoilers to minimum but as a result it also disturbs feedback process because players are too scared to post anything
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Zos was going to put the Warden under NDA they shouldn't have put out the skills and passives with no context as to their actual effectiveness. They basically put down the wood (releasing Warden skills), soaked it in gasoline (Templar and base class nerfs in patch notes) and then lit a match and threw it on the pile with the NDA. The forums lit up.

So much negativity could have been prevented without the NDA on the Warden class.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They might be lifting it in phases with each incremental patch. They did the partial lift last week.

Still it's weird that they have one at all. It's definitely not building hype and excitement.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on April 28, 2017 6:16PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NightbladeMechanics agreed, the NDA plus the class nerfs fed the Warden is P2W narrative
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They spent alot of money on Morrowind so they don't want anyone finding out it sucks( If it does suck) too soon.

You mean we spent a lot of money on Morrowind.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't *have* to do anything.

And I lol at people thinking a new expansion class is pay to win. Buying raid gear in crown store is p2w. Buying MSA weapons in crown store is p2w.

New class and new zones is not p2w.

Warden will get nerfed into the ground and all the fotm rerolled will get rekt like every other game.
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    The reason not alot of youtubers or streamers are not talking about the changes is because they are still learning the new champ system and skills are still getting some minor changes as well so that is the main reason. No need to bring new play ideas forward till we know whats exact and not changing anymore than giving this and that out with things still changing.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw