The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion: Have Khajiit Be More On Par With the 3 Magicka Races

WuffyCerulei
WuffyCerulei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This is just a suggestion for some racial passive changes so people have more variety when it comes to choice of race

For Morrowind, though it may have not been thought of, I believe there still needs to be more options for magicka builds than Altmer, Dunmer, and Breton. I see a lot of possibilities with Khajiit, as lore has it all set out already.
Now, I have 2 ideas: Add a magicka-based breed of Khajiit, or alter the current Khajiit racial passives.

Option 1: The Dagi-raht breed. They're apart of the TES lore, and have been speculated to have an affinitity toward magic. They would look the same and have all the same Khajiit-exclusive appearance items. but would be around the same height as Bosmer (lore-friendly). They'd also know the basic Khajiit crafting style. Heck, they're even represented as magical kitties in Elder Scrolls Legends:
dagirahtmystic.png
The racial passives would be as followed (mirroring the current Khajiit passives):
Curpurse: Increase the experience gain with the Light Armor skill line by 15% and increase your pickpocketing chance by 5%.
Nimble: Increase your Health recovery by 5/10/20 % and magicka recovery by 3/8/10%.
Stealthy: Reduces your detection radius in Stealth by 1/2/3m.
Increases damage done while in Stealth by 3/6/10%.
Carnage: Increases your spell critical by 2/5/8%.

I'm not 100% how this would be implemented into the game, but it's practically copying the current breed, make them shorter, and change their passives.

Option 2: Change the current Khajiit passives to accomadate both stamina and magicka. These changes could give a possibilty to have hybrid builds be more viable with a race that can handle both. Anyways, here's what the passives would look like:
Curpurse: Increase the experience gain with the Medium Armor skill line by 15% and increase your pickpocketing chance by 5%.
Nimble: Increase your Health recovery by 5/10/15 % and magicka and stamina recovery by 2/5/8%.
Carnage: Increases both your spell and weapon criticals by 2/3/5%.

This option wouldn't require a completely new "race" to be made and coded, and it would not only give magicka builds more options for races, but also give hybrid builds a reasonable race.
Edited by WuffyCerulei on April 27, 2017 10:16AM
For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like option 2.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • onemoredragon
    onemoredragon
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of reworking Khajiit a bit more into magicka too. My NB Khajiit healer, currently collecting dust, would be much happier...
    PC EU @OneMoreDragon

Rakshasi Raijina, khajiit sorceror, adventurer and crafter
    Keel-Neesha, argonian dragonknight tank
    Asharlys, orc templar tank
    Wanheda Praimfaya, nord necromancer tank
    Alessia Whitegold, redguard templar 2h/bow DD
    Mitsuro Naztharune, khajiit dragonknight dw/bow DD
    Viannereth, bosmer warden bow/bow DD
    Moraelyn of Ra'athim, dunmer necromancer magicka DD

So long as the dragonfires shall burn, to you, and to all generations, I swear that my Hearts blood shall hold fast the Gates of Oblivion.
  • Arenguros
    Arenguros
    ✭✭✭
    I have an even better suggestion:
    Just get rid of all the performance increasing racial passives, let players have the full choice which race they want to play with whatever build they prefer.

Balance > Lore

The only real reason for the passives atm is ZOS making a small buck though race change tokens. *slow clap*
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arenguros wrote: »
    Just get rid of all the performance increasing racial passives, let players have the full choice which race they want to play with whatever build they prefer.

Balance > Lore

The only real reason for the passives atm is ZOS making a small buck though race change tokens. *slow clap*

I actually like this i kinda feel like they should just slap on a max 10% to all three attributes base then remove racial stat bonuses and give em other passives like resist this reduce cost of that ups dmg of this type. But no max resources or recoveries
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is just a suggestion for some racial passive changes so people have more variety when it comes to choice of race

For Morrowind, though it may have not been thought of, I believe there still needs to be more options for magicka builds than Altmer, Dunmer, and Breton. I see a lot of possibilities with Khajiit, as lore has it all set out already.
    Now, I have 2 ideas: Add a magicka-based breed of Khajiit, or alter the current Khajiit racial passives.

Option 1: The Dagi-raht breed. They're apart of the TES lore, and have been speculated to have an affinitity toward magic. They would look the same and have all the same Khajiit-exclusive appearance items. but would be around the same height as Bosmer (lore-friendly). They'd also know the basic Khajiit crafting style. Heck, they're even represented as magical kitties in Elder Scrolls Legends:
    dagirahtmystic.png
    The racial passives would be as followed (mirroring the current Khajiit passives):
    Curpurse: Increase the experience gain with the Light Armor skill line by 15% and increase your pickpocketing chance by 5%.
    Nimble: Increase your Health recovery by 5/10/20 % and magicka recovery by 3/8/10%.
    Carnage: Increases your spell critical by 2/5/8%.

I'm not 100% how this would be implemented into the game, but it's practically copying the current breed, make them shorter, and change their passives.

Option 2: Change the current Khajiit passives to accomadate both stamina and magicka. These changes could give a possibilty to have hybrid builds be more viable with a race that can handle both. Anyways, here's what the passives would look like:
    Curpurse: Increase the experience gain with the Medium Armor skill line by 15% and increase your pickpocketing chance by 5%.
    Nimble: Increase your Health recovery by 5/10/15 % and magicka and stamina recovery by 2/5/8%.
    Carnage: Increases both your spell and weapon criticals by 2/3/5%.

This option wouldn't require a completely new "race" to be made and coded, and it would not only give magicka builds more options for races, but also give hybrid builds a reasonable race.

If they do that for cats, then they should do the same for the shadowscales
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No special treatment for certain Races.
    Instead, remove ALL Race Passives and be done with it, or change the System to something like "Affinities" where you can choose from a pool of different options.
    Something like:
    Either:
    12%Health, 10% Magicka or 10% Stamina.
    20 Health Regen, 10% Magicka Regen or 10% Stamina Regen.
    5% more Healing done and recieved, 6% less Damage taken, etc.
    Balance between Races would be fixed once and for all. Every Affinity could be balanced around the other while hitting every Race equally.
    In my opinion, there is no real value in having specific Racials. Even for Roleplayers there are more than enough reasons to believe a Breton would be able to be a very good thief (stealth) or whatever, depending on how he lived his life.
    Edited by Dragath on April 27, 2017 3:20PM
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit should be the crit race both spell and weapon crit
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *Is currently best Stamina race*
    *Wants to be on par with magic races as well.*

Why not just delete all other races at this point? I mean if Khajiit can do everything on par with other races, why bother with other races at all? Why would you buff Khajiit to be a magic race on par with other magic races, while Argonians, who've been delegated to a 3rd rate magic race, get left behind when they're the ones that would realistially get this treatment as the current weakest magic race? Adding magic passives to Khajiit's current passives would also be horribly OP as they'd now be the best Magic PvP race due to having more inherent stamina sustain than other magic races, which is the only equalizing factor among magic races and their main weakness.

I'm not seeing any real positive to this suggestion other than RP benefits.
    Argonian forever
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why not just delete all other races at this point? I mean if Khajiit can do everything on par with other races, why bother with other races at all? Why would you buff Khajiit to be a magic race on par with other magic races, while Argonians, who've been delegated to a 3rd rate magic race, get left behind when they're the ones that would realistially get this treatment as the current weakest magic race? Adding magic passives to Khajiit's current passives would also be horribly OP as they'd now be the best Magic PvP race due to having more inherent stamina sustain than other magic races, which is the only equalizing factor among magic races and their main weakness.

I don't think they'd be OP in pvp for the fact that crit is almost useless there. Sure, a little stamina recovery is nice for them, but it's nothing compared to a Reguard or Altmer.
    ALSO, Redguard is the current meta race. Techincally only Nightblades can easily be Khajiit due to the class already having sustain built in.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit is already best race tho...
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of removing the passive a for each race and just making that place in the skill tree fully customizable
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit should be the crit race both spell and weapon crit

Or change it to a crit damage passive instead of a crit chance one. Either would be pretty cool.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't think they'd be OP in pvp for the fact that crit is almost useless there. Sure, a little stamina recovery is nice for them, but it's nothing compared to a Reguard or Altmer.
    ALSO, Redguard is the current meta race. Techincally only Nightblades can easily be Khajiit due to the class already having sustain built in.

They are an alright race for PvP but PvE Khajiit is best Stamina race and Redguard is being nerfed come Morrowind so they won't be best in PvP after that (Orc, Imperial and Bosmer are currently outperforming Redguards on PTS. Khajiit

Also, the topic is asking for Khajiit to be brought on par with Altmer so the argument about Altmer being better would be moot but for the sake of argument let's say that Khajiit was on Par with Altmer as far as Magic is concerned, add in the extra stamina buffs and it just outperforms Altmer in sustainability.

There is just no benefit to making this change.
    Argonian forever
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fyi Khajit are not best best stam race, redguard is...
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Khajiit is already best race tho...

Except its not
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't think they'd be OP in pvp for the fact that crit is almost useless there.

Crit damage is the highest scaling damage stat in pvp, and crit chance is required to make it consistent, so no, crit is actually the most important stat in pvp if you're looking to kill anyone.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option 2 should have been a One Tamriel feature to be honest. It's so obvi for balance.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Racial passives need to be toned down period. There's no reason an up to 10% bonus should be attached to a race in an mmo. That's just way too extreme.

Not only does it force people to choose a race based on meta, but it restricts creativity.
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this won't happen, one of your options actually reduces the khajiit current specific role to make up for a wider range and appeal to magicka roles but in the end it wont serve either good.
    Edited by makreth on April 27, 2017 10:31PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    makreth wrote: »
    this won't happen, one of your options actually reduces the khajiit current specific role to make up for a wider range and appeal to magicka roles but in the end it wont serve either good.

Tbh I'm just a tad bit confused as to what you mean.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All racial passive stat bonuses should be static values, not percentage based, so as to be valuable while leveling, but totally negligible at Level 50.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    makreth wrote: »

Tbh I'm just a tad bit confused as to what you mean.

It means khajiit will be a hybrid race and the role it has now will deteriorate, call it a nerf.

Also, why khajiit and not other races as well? Redguards,nords for example. This has been discussed plenty of times.
  • wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭
    Cat is already best physical dps class and you want to make it best magica class too? Sorry, but your suggestions are way too OP. It's sad that you dont realize it.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arenguros wrote: »

Balance > Lore

I actually like this i kinda feel like they should just slap on a max 10% to all three attributes base then remove racial stat bonuses and give em other passives like resist this reduce cost of that ups dmg of this type. But no max resources or recoveries
    If you look at the Daggerfall to Skyrim, the racial has typically affected starting skill and attributes not the end result.
    Outside of Skyrim they give Altmer and Breton and large and small bonus to magic pool, however large magic pool did not increase damage.
    In ESO an parallel would be how fast you learned skill lines and individual skills.
    And yes this would be pretty pointless even nerfing skill learning to 75% of current then 150% for skills the race is know for
    This would be much the same as race was irrelevant in TES at higher levels.

Now if they wanted to take it all the way give an 5-10% xp bonus for some thing like kills with weapon types, healing, quests.
    Still be more balanced as you could overcome it.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You do this now, you'll have to redo all of the racials. I'd just be happy my racial choice is well suited for certain roles. Some of us chose a race of badass warriors and clever-men who according to ESO racials, are only slightly good at taking damage...and nothing else.
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go ahead and name at least one powerful khajiit mage. I dare you. And no, m'aiq doesn't count.
    Edited by Witar on April 28, 2017 2:04PM
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Witar wrote: »
    Go ahead and name at least one powerful khajiit mage. I dare you. And no, m'aiq doesn't count.

J'Zargo.
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's just an apprentice. And will only use sparks at combat ;)
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we are to rebalance all racials yet again. Then I propose the following

It should take nine soul gems to fully rez a Khajiit. each soul gem revives 11.11 percent of health. And they cannot be stolen or laundered soul gems.

And to help deter theft ZOS should outfit them with non removable bell collars.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, someone explain to me what´s the big deal with people want khajiits to be magicka based????? It´s not