The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are You Buying Grand Topal Hideaway?

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The brand new and limited edition island home is going to be available for purchase tomorrow, and I'm curious who's going to buy it or not. It's looks like it's going to be the biggest residence (more like resort) yet, and is absolutely gorgeous. Please let me know, and your reasoning as to why.

Edit: Here is what it looks like:
http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/grand-topal-hideaway/
Edited by Ch4mpTW on April 26, 2017 3:10PM

Are You Buying Grand Topal Hideaway? 395 votes

Yes, because...
9%
rotaugen454terovian2000b14_ESOPhilhypeXev.Tukuluub17_ESOwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOSprinkleshaukkeThe_AntiquarianAhPook_Is_Herekip_silverwolfWolfenbelletritonygreyloxCh4mpTWAndrewQ84UniverseProfessorKittyhawkshadelonGoodFella146creeker5 38 votes
No, because...
80%
WaTeR-aBuSeRCasterialwolfdoggie_ESOwayfarerxvailjohn_ESOMoloch1514kevlarto_ESOClansman2013ljb2k5_ESOSlurgSBCMojmirKochDerDamonenWicked_WolfAcrolasNewBlacksmurfBowserGrymmoireotis67Kesstryl 318 votes
Maybe, because...
9%
CloudslingerOakmontowls_ESORainwhisperYulsKanedaSyndromeidkrosendoichinoveb17_ESOSorataArisugawaxeNNNNNKeahizukamimarkUrQuanSarevoccJaeysaAquanovaZenzukiHetairaesp1992VoodooPlatypusjwarren68 39 votes
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, because...
    I forget what it looks like. A solid probably not, but I can be persuaded with shinies.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    - It has no use

- It costs around £9 Billion

- I can't swim

(Edit: Just in fear of people judging me: I can actually swim I was just making a joke)
    Edited by Mashille on April 26, 2017 7:49PM
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I voted yes, because the last bit of my crowns that I have might as well go to that than get left there not doing anything. Plus, the home looks phenomenal. Easily the best house, once it goes live. I mean, who wouldn't want to live on their own island resort with all types of beautiful things surrounding them?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Nope. Saving my crowns for the new Crate season and any other sexy stuff coming with Morrowind.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Because I didn't buy an elder scrolls game to play "Medieval Sims".

It's insane to me how much money people are willing to spend for something like this... literally 0 functionality.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Already got the perfect home in Bangkorai :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, because...
    I'm not paying that much real money for something fake.
  • mbaranski15
    mbaranski15
    ✭✭
    No, because...
    Too expensive for a fluff item.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, because...
    I like it a lot - it's my favorite of all of the housing. Whether I actually buy it depends entirely on how much it costs though. I don't mind spending crowns on things that I actually like a lot, but if it costs more than I'd be comfortable spending on an evening out with friends (a normal night out with friends anyway - I'm not going to use special occasions as my benchmark), then it's more than I'm willing to pay for it.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, because...

It's insane to me how much money people are willing to spend for something like this... literally 0 functionality.

It's fun - to be fair, trials and campaigns don't have any real function either other than to entertain people. You spend your money on your things, I'll spend mine on frippery.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    ... it's a shameless and useless money grab. The End.

P.S. But I like it (a lot more than the Cavern), and if it was more useful as a FUNCTIONING Guild Hall, I would buy it.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Jaeysa wrote: »

It's fun - to be fair, trials and campaigns don't have any real function either other than to entertain people. You spend your money on your things, I'll spend mine on frippery.

That's actual game content...It's built into the original idea of the game. i didn't pay anything besides the base game purchase for that. Housing was an after-thought to make money by doing very little work. I never said "Don't spend your money on....". So go right ahead... pay 4 times the cost of the base game to have an in game ESO house party or whatever you wanna do.

Also... you could go into ANY home in the game and claim it's yours. That home and the home you pay real money to obtain... have the same functions. (beside deciding on where to place the same exact decorations that already exist in the npc homes)
    Edited by jakeedmundson on April 26, 2017 3:21PM
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Vigarr wrote: »

Eh... I view it like this: People buy whatever it is that they feel like balling out on. For example, some people spend thousands of dollars on Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic the Gathering cards. Others spend thousands on sneakers that they'll never wear, or other pieces of clothing. My girlfriend for example has $1,200 purse that just sits in the closet in a dust bag. Swears out it'll never be used, but just having it in their ownership makes them happy. For me, it's limited edition cyber fluff items and Jordans. Huge Jordan fanatic, but I never wear them. I prefer to wear Air Maxes and Timbs', but keep my J's in the closet.
  • uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I won a house in a guild raffle or I wouldn't have bought a house at all. I like having a house to play Barbie dream house in but I'm not spending real life money or my hard ground gold on some giant place I don't have enough crafting mats to decorate fully. Autumns-Gate is fine for me, especially since I won it.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I almost forgot that splurging on MMO items is a relatively common thing. Those who played WoW may remember the Reins of the Swift Spectral Tiger days, where they ran for $700 easily. Some mounts even costing higher. And even then, that's relatively minuscule compared to some other MMO fluff item costs.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Gotta get em all!
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    .....I used to be an adventurer like you, but now I'm a homeless-murdering-thief.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    uzbachchi wrote: »
    I won a house in a guild raffle or I wouldn't have bought a house at all. I like having a house to play Barbie dream house in but I'm not spending real life money or my hard ground gold on some giant place I don't have enough crafting mats to decorate fully. Autumns-Gate is fine for me, especially since I won it.

The little houses are the best!
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, because...

How do you gift the houses? Sounds like a cool idea! I gonna suggest that as our next guild raffle.

I still only have the broom closet. I use our guild hall often for crafting and training dummy.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I was looking around it the other day and didn't like it at all.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@uzbachchi How did that work, the raffle i mean? I assume you just won the gold and were trusted to buy that house with that gold?
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, because...
    Probably not but I do have enough crowns for it.....
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Vigarr wrote: »

Eh... I view it like this: People buy whatever it is that they feel like balling out on. For example, some people spend thousands of dollars on Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic the Gathering cards. Others spend thousands on sneakers that they'll never wear, or other pieces of clothing. My girlfriend for example has $1,200 purse that just sits in the closet in a dust bag. Swears out it'll never be used, but just having it in their ownership makes them happy. For me, it's limited edition cyber fluff items and Jordans. Huge Jordan fanatic, but I never wear them. I prefer to wear Air Maxes and Timbs', but keep my J's in the closet.

That doesn't mean it's rational. Value of your GF purse equals a year supply of food for my Khajiits. Do I have to keep two cats? No, it's my choice - but also their life, as they would die in pain if I didn't rescue them.
    I have enough money to spend on stupid things, but I always look at that old, fragile being sitting on my lap first. Sets your priorities right, I must say ;)
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Probably not but I do have enough crowns for it.....

It's literally a giant island. Lol. I don't know if you've seen it, or any walkthroughs of it. But it really is incredible. It's so... So... Spacious. Lmao. It gives me the vibe of those Hawaiian resort areas with all those huts, and how everything is laid out. All I'll need upon acquiring this home are staff whom roam about offering coconut beverages, and warm towels. :D
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    giphy.gif
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Grand nopal more like it. Large homes lag out look at all the people who got screwed by the cave. That and it's priced stupid high to get you to panic and buy it thinking it must be worth it.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Grand nopal more like it. Large homes lag out look at all the people who got screwed by the cave. That and it's priced stupid high to get you to panic and buy it thinking it must be worth it.

It's priced high? They released the cost of the home?
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Because housing is worthless...

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Reaver-Stormhamre
    Reaver-Stormhamre
    ✭✭✭